Planning family trips can prove to be harder than we sometimes think, especially in such a large area like the East Coast! But today, you’re in luck, as you’ll get to see my carefully curated list of the top places in this area!
In this post, I’ve gathered the best family resorts on the East Coast after hours of research, which I listed from most to least expensive, with prices calculated for a family of 4.
And since we’re tackling the whole East Coast, I’ve also added 2 bonus sections with some great all-inclusive resorts and the top beach resorts!
So lots to talk about today, but before we get straight into it, I wanted to recommend to each and every one of you to book your hotels early. I know we’re talking about such a big area, but trust me, these are the best hotels and will most likely sell out pretty fast!
If you are in a hurry
Don’t have time to read the whole post? Then check out the list that I’ve prepared right below with the most popular family resorts on the East Coast:
- White Elephant Hotel – Best luxury hotel
- Elizabeth Pointe Lodge – Best value for money
- Bar Harbor Grand Hotel – Best affordable accommodation
Since this is such a large area, I included a map so you can easily visualize all the hotels that I’ll talk about in the post:
Luxury (US$400 and up)
- White Elephant Hotel – Feel at home at this waterfront property in Nantucket, Massachusetts, that offers such a lovely atmosphere that the entire family will love and lots of cool features! The accommodation has beautifully decorated rooms with lots of space and a kitchenette, an outdoor pool, and a restaurant. Guests can rent out bikes from the hotel and explore the area!
- Pier House Resort – Trust me when I say that Key West is the ultimate holiday destination! As proof, I’m offering this hotel that comes with a fabulous waterfront location, an outdoor pool, and a restaurant. The suites are simple, yet they have an elegant decor and great ocean views!
- Castle Hill Inn – Ready for some good old family fun? Then you’ll need proper accommodation! This charming inn on Rhode Island offers the most incredible views, a private beach area, a spa center, and spacious suites with unique furnishings and sea views! Guests can borrow bikes from the hotel, and there are lots of fun activities you can try nearby, like hiking and fishing!
- Mohonk Mountain House – Set in the gorgeous Hudson Valley, New York, this stunning resort is surrounded by hills and offers the most amazing facilities like a spa and fitness center, multiple dining options, and spacious accommodations with private balconies that can fit the whole family! The resort also offers lots of fun outdoor activities that will make this family vacation unforgettable, like hiking, playing at the kids club, canoeing, and archery!
- Waldorf Astoria – This family-friendly resort is set in Downtown Washington and looks like a real-life palace! All the rooms are super spacious and have elegant decor! The hotel is close to all the main attractions in town, but it also has lots of great facilities like a spa, 2 onsite restaurants, and a fitness center! I recommend booking these East Coast hotels in advance, as they’re some of the top ones and will go fast!
- Universal’s Loews Royal Pacific Resort – Planning a trip to Florida with the whole family? Then check out this great hotel in Orlando that’s set near Universal Studios! Resort amenities include an outdoor pool, 6 restaurants, a volleyball court, and 2 hot tubs. Guests will also get a free transfer to the theme park so you can enjoy unlimited fun during the day and then finish your day with a movie night!
- Hotel Maren Fort Lauderdale Beach – Sunny days on the beach? I’m all in, and I’m sure you’ll be too, after seeing this amazing hotel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida! Set right on the beach, the accommodation comes with spacious suites that have private balconies facing the ocean, an outdoor swimming pool, and 2 restaurants. While staying here, you can sign up for activities like diving, snorkeling, and fishing!
Mid-Range (from US$250 to US$400)
- Elizabeth Pointe Lodge – Jump from your bed straight into the ocean at this amazing lodge set in Fernandina Beach, just a 10 min drive away from Amelia Island in Florida, that the whole family will love! Start your morning with a yummy family breakfast by the ocean, and then head out for a swim! The accommodation offers rooms with lots of space and a flat-screen TV, a restaurant, and bikes to rent out, which are perfect for exploring around!
- Trump National Doral Golf Resort – Get your crew and get ready for a fun trip in Miami! This amazing resort offers something for every member, from big to small! Expect multiple golf courses, 2 swimming pools (an adult pool) and one with a water slide, and 3 restaurants! Children will be happy to know that there’s a game room, while the parents will probably want to check out the 3 restaurants on-site and the spa center.
- Marriott Myrtle Beach Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes – This South Carolina Myrtle Beach resort offers the best location on the beach! During your stay, you can relax by the oceanfront swimming pool, play on the golf course, or on the tennis court with the little ones. Their family rooms are pretty spacious, but it’s the wide range of activities that bring everyone here, from horseback riding, windsurfing, diving, and bowling!
- Grandover Resort & Spa – Modern, elegant, and equipped with everything you need for your stay! This North Carolina resort is perfect for your next family trip! The accommodation features rooms with a flat-screen TV, and some also come with a seating area. Guests are welcome to play on the championship golf course, on the 4 tennis courts, and enjoy the sun by the outdoor swimming pool.
- The Bellmoor Inn and Spa – You’ll fall in love with this hotel set in Delaware, just a 40 min drive away from Ocean City! It looks super cozy, and it has such great style! Their family rooms have a seating area and a work desk as well. You can start your day with their delicious complimentary breakfast and head out to the spa while your partner hangs out with the kids by the outdoor pools enjoying the sun!
- Rosen Shingle Creek Universal Blvd – Orlando is filled with fun attractions and numerous theme parks, so if you’re looking for a family-friendly hotel there, then check out this one which has a top-rated golf course, a spa center, and multiple swimming pools so you can have fun all day long! When you’re not out exploring the city, you can play tennis, hang out in the games room, or hit the spa center if you need a long massage!
Budget (up to US$250)
- Bar Harbor Grand Hotel – Planning your next family vacation in Maine? Then definitely check out this hotel in Bar Harbor! The accommodation is set in a stunning building, and it offers some great family rooms that are equipped with a flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi. When you’re not out exploring the nearby Acadia National Park with the kids, you can chill by the outdoor swimming pool, hit the fitness center, or relax in the hot tub.
- Hampton Inn Savannah Historic District – Simple but well-equipped! This hotel located in Savannah is perfect for your family trip! The accommodation offers suites with a small kitchenette and free Wi-Fi. Guests will also have access to a swimming pool and a fitness center, and at night can explore the best Savannah ghost tours.
- Topnotch Resort Vermont – Loving the architecture and design of this Vermont hotel set in Stowe. The resort is surrounded by forest and offers breathtaking mountain views. Enjoy a relaxing few days by the indoor and outdoor pools, at the spa, or in the game room. No matter the season, this resort offers so many activities and things to do, like cross-country skiing, hiking, and horseback riding!
- The Marshall House, Historic Inns – Looking for some fabulous family suites in Savannah, Georgia? I’ve got the perfect one which is set in the Savannah historic district, in a house built in 1800. Featuring incredible designs and spacious suites, the hotel has a library where you can relax and a bar, and it even offers live music performances.
- Congress Hall – Set in Cape May, New Jersey, this stunning hotel will make you want to move there! Surrounded by great views of the Atlantic Ocean, the accommodation offers a tranquil setting for your family trip, spacious suites, a spa center, and a bar. During your stay, you can relax by the outdoor pool with the kids and rent bikes from the hotel to explore the private Congress Beach.
- Patriots Inn – This family vacation in Williamsburg, Virginia, will be one you’ll remember! Especially after staying at this accommodation that has an outdoor swimming pool, a hot tub, and a fitness center. The suites are spacious, and they come with a seating area, a flat-screen TV, and a small kitchenette. During the day, you can explore Colonial Williamsburg’s Historic area or spend a quiet day relaxing by the pool!
- Wyndham Newport Hotel – Relax by the indoor pool of this fabulous hotel on Rhode Island that has everything you and your family need! By that, I mean family rooms with free Wi-Fi and a TV, a restaurant, and a bar! End a day of exploring and visiting attractions with a chill night sitting by the fire pit and drinking hot cocoa with your little ones!
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:
|White Elephant Hotel
|🧳 Best mid-range hotel:
|Elizabeth Pointe Lodge
|👛 Best budget hotel:
|Bar Harbor Grand Hotel
|🏨 Top all-inclusive hotel:
|Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
BONUS 1: Best all-inclusive family resorts
Looking for some fabulous hotels on the East Coast that offer all-inclusive packages? Then definitely check out the list I’ve made below! You’ll find some of the best all-inclusive family resorts on the East Coast.
I’ve ordered the all-inclusive resorts from most to least expensive, and the prices start from US$200 to US$850:
- Capt. Thomson’s Resort – Set in the Alexandra Bay area in New York, this amazing accommodation offers incredible waterfront views and spacious rooms with private balconies and a small kitchenette. When you’re not out and about, feel free to swim in the pool or relax by the outdoor fire pit.
- Rocking Horse Ranch Resort – The perfect all-inclusive family resort! This place is Highland, New York, has it all! Go horseback riding, try mountain tubing and other outdoor water sports, and have fun all day in the water park! The food is yummy, and the rooms are great, so wait no longer and book your spot here!
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort – Orlando will become your kid’s favorite place! The city is filled with many theme parks and great hotels like this one which has a private lake, various tennis courts, water slides, and a children’s play area! Don’t worry, parents, there are lots of things for you too, like a spa center which offers lots of treatments!
- Woodloch Pines Resort – Welcome to one of the best all-inclusive family resorts on the East Coast! Located in Hawley, Pennsylvania, this place offers unlimited fun, and it has an outdoor and indoor pool, playgrounds for the kids, different game rooms, and also nightly entertainment!
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort – Planning your all-inclusive vacation? Then check out this Disney hotel in Florida! Decorated with the figures of some of your favorite Disney characters, the accommodation offers outdoor pools, a game room, and some spacious rooms!
BONUS 2: Top family beach resorts
Who doesn’t love a good old holiday with the family by the beach? Since the East Coast has some fabulous beaches, I decided to put together some of the best beach resorts there for families!
I’ve ordered them from most to least expensive, and the prices start from US$300 to US$1500:
- The Breakers – Enjoy your breakfast on the private balcony of your family room at this resort in Palm Beach! Featuring amazing furnishings, 2 golf courses, and 4 oceanfront pools, this hotel will become your family’s favorite spot!
- WaterColor Inn & Resort – Wake up to the sound of the waves crashing on the shores at this resort set in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida, near a state park (basically heaven for outdoor enthusiasts). The accommodation has spacious rooms, 3 swimming pools, a restaurant, and a children’s playground.
- Cliff House – Located in Cape Neddick, Maine, in a stunning location by the water, this beach resort has such a cool design! Everything is super modern, and the rooms have private balconies. During your stay, you can play with your kids in the game room, swim in the pool and relax at the spa center!
- Opal Sands – A stunning family beach resort set in Clearwater Beach, Florida, that offers stunning ocean views. Enjoy your days by the beach or hang out by the outdoor pool of the hotel with the kids. If you need a bit of time for yourself, just hit the spa center!
FAQs about best family resorts on the East Coast
👪 Which are the best East Coast family resorts for families?
🤔 Which are the best all-inclusive resorts on the East Coast?
🔝 Which are some great places to vacation on the East Coast?
🌞 What time of year is best to visit the East Coast?
Summer (June to August) is probably the best time to visit the East Coast!
Phew, we’ve gone through such a long list of hotels!
But at least now you know which are the best family resorts on the East Coast! I’ve even thrown in some great all-inclusive, family-friendly accommodations and the top beach resorts out there.
Just remember, though, that even if you’ve got a wide variety, these places are some of the best ones, and they’ll probably sell out months in advance. So make sure you book your favorite family hotels early!
And since we’re talking about favorite options, here are my top 2 choices (in case anyone needs a bit of inspiration):
- White Elephant Hotel – An amazing place to stay in Nantucket, which offers waterfront views, a spa, and a children’s playground.
- Elizabeth Pointe Lodge – This beachfront hotel in Fernandina Beach looks so cool, and it comes with a restaurant and a private beach area
Such stunning hotels! And you know I always want to offer you all the details you need, but if I missed anything or maybe if you’ve got any other questions, you can always leave a comment below, and I’ll make sure to come back with an answer!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!