Also known as the Grand Strand, Myrtle Beach has conquered the hearts of many people who’ve come all the way here to enjoy its amazing weather, sandy beaches, and fun family attractions. This city is also the mini-golf capital of the world! So if you’re a fan of this sport, then you’ve found your next holiday destination!
In this post, I’m going to walk you through the best areas where to stay in Myrtle Beach, the top resorts that have everything you need, from swimming pools to tennis courts, and all the fun activities that you can try!
Keep in mind that the best hotels in the Grand Strand are wanted by many people, which means there’s a high chance you won’t find what you want if you don’t book your accommodation in advance!
So let’s go! I can already feel that ocean breeze!
- If you are in a hurry
- 1. Central Myrtle Beach – where to stay for the first time
- 2. North Myrtle Beach – the best place to stay for families
- 3. The Market Common – where to stay in Myrtle Beach for shopping
- 4. Arcadian Shores – trendiest place to stay in Myrtle Beach
- 5. Surfside Beach – where to stay in Myrtle Beach on a budget
- 6. Cherry Grove – best place to stay in Myrtle Beach for nature
- BONUS: Best luxury oceanfront hotels in Myrtle Beach
- Frequently asked questions about Myrtle Beach
If you are in a hurry
If you want to book now then quickly browse this list with the best hotels to stay in Myrtle Beach, all located in Central Myrtle Beach:
Ocean 22 by Hilton Grand
Best luxury hotel
An Airbnb with amazing reviews
South Bay Inn & Suites
Best value for money
Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach
Best affordable accommodation in the center
Here’s a map that will help you visualize all the areas where to stay in Myrtle Beach that I will be talking about in this post:
1. Central Myrtle Beach – where to stay for the first time
Ohh, that ocean breeze, there’s nothing like it! Central Myrtle Beach combines my favorite things, sandy beaches, and city attractions! This vacation resort is a piece of heaven for anyone who wants to leave their worries at home and enjoy the sun, all the super fun amusement parks and eat in some amazing restaurants.
Seriously, how lucky are the people who live here? To wake up every day to these stunning ocean views! But don’t worry, you can visit at any time and enjoy the same things, and if you’re looking for where to stay in Myrtle Beach for the first time, then the Central area is perfect for you!
It has all the big attractions in town, like the SkyWheel of Myrtle Beach and the Family Kingdom Amusement Park. As you can see, this city is all about fun and adventures! It’s hard to stay put here, but if you need a break from all the activities, the oceanfront Myrtle Beach Boardwalk is perfect for those long walks at sunset.
All the neighboring areas around Myrtle Beach in South Carolina are awesome as well. Still, my favorite is Savannah, and if you have the time, why not go on a road trip, it’s only 4 hours away from the city, and it’s a great holiday destination!
Now let’s see the best hotels to stay located in this Myrtle Beach area, which you should book in advance. This vacation resort it’s super popular and tends to sell out in no time!
Admire the ocean views from the balcony of your rooms in this centrally located accommodation! The hotel offers rooms with full kitchens and a fitness center but makes sure you go for a swim in the indoor and outdoor pools before you go out exploring the area.
Other accommodation in Central Myrtle Beach
Things to do in Central Myrtle Beach
- Have fun going on the SkyWheel of Myrtle Beach
- Take the kids to the Family Kingdom Amusement Park
- Chill on the sand at 2nd Ave Pier
- Play some golf at the Jungle Lagoon Miniature Golf
- Spend a whole day at Splashes Water Park
- Go for a swim at Myrtle Beach
- Catch the sunset while taking a stroll along the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and Promenade
2. North Myrtle Beach – the best place to stay for families
Located 9 miles (15 km) north of Myrtle Beach, this small town is much more peaceful than Central Myrtle Beach, making it perfect for families looking for accommodations and resorts to stay in the city.
Although it sits a bit further away from the Central area, you can always rent a car to explore around and access other parts of the city. But with all the fun activities that you’ll find here, I’m sure you’ll want to spend every minute of your holiday in Myrtle Beach.
The north end of this Myrtle Beach area is not as packed with tourists, so if you’re not a big fan of the crowds or wish that you and your family can enjoy a peaceful time, this is the perfect spot for you!
As I told you, it’s quite hard not to have something to do in this area. I’m sure the many family attractions will entertain everyone, like the Break Out Myrtle Beach Escape Room or the Beachwood Golf Club. Speaking of which, if you’re a golf fan you’ve hit the jackpot, this area is filled with golf courses!
Get a cup of tea and gather up by the fire pit with your families and enjoy the ocean views of this stunning luxury accommodation. This hotel offers multiple pools, a fitness center, and rooms with balconies. Relax in the hot tub or take the kids to play at the playground on-site!
Other accommodation options in North Myrtle Beach
Things to do in North Myrtle Beach
- Sunbathe all day long on North Myrtle Beach
- Take the kids out to play in Yow Park or Central Park
- Eat a delicious brunch with the family at Southern Sunrise Pancake House
- Have some family fun at Break Out Myrtle Beach Escape Room
- Play all day long at Hawaiian Village Mini Golf or at Hawaiian Rumble Golf & Batting Cages
3. The Market Common – where to stay in Myrtle Beach for shopping
Do you want to be close to the beach but at the same time have lots of shopping places and restaurants nearby? Me too! Luckily this area, located 4 miles (6 km) southwest of Myrtle Beach, offers all those things!
What’s better than hitting the beach when it’s hot? Not much, but when you also want to spend some time in the city shopping and eating, you need some places with air-conditioning. The Market Common is the perfect place to buy souvenirs, shop for some new clothes and eat all the amazing restaurants, and of course, take some time off from the heat!
Locals usually frequent the area since most tourists spend their time at the beach so you don’t have to worry about being too crowded, and if it is, you can always lose the crowds in the parks.
If you have some time for a small detour, I highly recommend visiting Atlanta! I mean, have you seen their attractions? Legoland and the World of Coca Cola Museum? It sounds like so much fun!
Enjoy a hot afternoon by the pool with a cocktail in your hand while you admire the ocean views at this luxury hotel that offers free parking and a fitness center. The accommodation has a center for business travelers. Relax in the lazy river and live the good life at Hampton Inn!
Other accommodation options in The Market Common
Things to do in The Market Common
- Go shopping for souvenirs in The Market Common
- Spend a fun night playing at 810 Billiards & Bowling
- Visit the EdVenture Myrtle Beach Museum with the kids
- Take a stroll around Grand Park
- Play with the kids at Savannah’s Playground
4. Arcadian Shores – trendiest place to stay in Myrtle Beach
Located 10 miles (15 km) north of Central Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, this area has everything you need for a successful trip to the city! It’s filled with cool places, fun activities, and picturesque instagrammable spots, making it one of the trendiest places for where to stay in Myrtle Beach!
As you’ve discovered, this city is not all about the beach, people here have a thing about golf courses, the whole area is full of them! But the Grande Dunes Golf Club is the star of the show.
You’ll also get some scenic views at the beach or in places such as the Apache Pier, which is also a good spot for fishing. The entertainment never stops in Myrtle Beach, during the day you’ve got all the beach fun, golfing, and waterparks, after the sunset you can watch a fire show at the Polynesian Fire Luau Dinner Theatre! Now that’s something that I wouldn’t miss!
Enjoy a night swim in the pool of this luxury resort where to stay in Myrtle Beach that has suites with private balconies. Unwind in the hot tub after a day of sightseeing and relax in the spa center.
Other accommodation options in Arcadian Shores
Things to do in Arcadian Shores
- Have fun with the kids at the Splash Waterpark at Kingston Plantation
- Enjoy a fun night at the Polynesian Fire Luau Dinner Theatre
- Play a round of golf at Grande Dunes Golf Club
- Have a drink at Ocean Annie’s Beach Bar
- Try not to get scared at Riddles Escape Room Myrtle Beach
5. Surfside Beach – where to stay in Myrtle Beach on a budget
Located on the south end of Myrtle Beach, just 8 miles (15 km) away from the Central area, Surfside Beach is a budget-friendly location to look for accommodation in Myrtle Beach.
As it’s located a bit further away from the central area, the hotel prices are lower as well, plus it’s not so packed with tourists meaning you’ll be able to enjoy the beach time without being disrupted or annoyed by the large crowds.
Whether you’re traveling with families or you’re a backpacker, Surfside Beach is the type of place that fits everyone! The Pier area is super nice for picnics or for other activities like fishing or watching the sunset.
If you’ve got the kids with you, don’t worry, you’ll find some family-friendly attractions as well, although I’m sure they’ll be happy to play on the beach all day long! But if you need a backup option, the Wild Water & Wheels water park is always a good idea (no matter your age)!
There are many budget accommodations located in Surfside Beach, so let’s see the best ones!
If you’re not in the mood to go to the beach, why not head to the pool or lazy river and spend the whole day there! This resort has suites with fully equipped kitchens, but it also offers a seasonal breakfast buffet and other amenities such as free DVD rentals.
Other accommodation options in Surfside Beach
Things to do in Surfside Beach
- Have fun with the kids at the Wild Water & Wheels water park
- Sunbathe and catch a sunset at Surfside Pier
- Play some golf at the Tupelo Bay Golf Center
- Take your friends to the Surfside Bowling Center
- Catch a motorcycle rally at the Spokes and Bones Saloon
6. Cherry Grove – best place to stay in Myrtle Beach for nature
Located 18 miles (30 km) away from Central Myrtle Beach, Cherry Grove, which was named the best beach in South Carolina and one of the best beaches in the United States, is a fantastic place where to stay in Myrtle Beach. Especially if you want to be a bit more connected to the natural part of the area.
Apart from the beach, and the historic Cherry Grove Pier which was rebuilt after a hurricane hit it in 1989, the Heritage Shores Nature Preserve is one of the best attractions in this area. Featuring all sorts of birds and animals, the park is perfect for those long walks in nature!
We’re still in Myrtle Beach, so golfing is still very present in these parts as well! You’ll also find many dining options and amazing hotel options to stay in Cherry Grove. I’ve made sure to pick the best ones so let’s see which ones you’ll like!
Grab your swimsuit and your sun cream and get ready to swim all day long in the pools and to relax in the lazy river of this resort! Offering seasonal poolside events like films and mermaid shows, I’m sure you’ll love every minute of your holiday spent here!
Other accommodation options in Cherry Grove
Things to do in Cherry Grove
- Explore the surroundings of the Heritage Shores Nature Preserve
- Go fishing at the Cherry Grove Pier
- Swim all day and sunbather at Cherry Grove Point beach
- Play some golf at Black Pearl Mini Golf
- Enjoy some time in nature at the Russell Burgess Coastal Preserve
|👑 Luxury price:||$250|
|💵 Mid Range:||$180|
|📍Best area:||Downtown Myrtle Beach|
|👪 Best area for families:||North Myrtle Beach|
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:||Ocean 22 by Hilton Grand|
|🧳 Best mid-range hotel:||South Bay Inn & Suites|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach|
BONUS: Best luxury oceanfront hotels in Myrtle Beach
Are you looking for the most fabulous and luxurious Myrtle Beach resorts that have amazing views of the ocean? Well, you’ve come to the right place. I’ve made it my mission to find more accommodations for those of you who don’t mind paying the extra amount of money during their holiday to get a top view of the ocean.
So let’s see which are the best ones listed in descending price order:
- Ocean Enclave by Hilton Grand Vacations – Get a cocktail and watch the sun setting over the ocean at the bar of this luxury resort. The suites have ceiling-to-floor windows so you’ll be able to enjoy the ocean views perfectly from your bed!
- Marriott Myrtle Beach Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes – Wake up in the morning with the best sight of the ocean from the comfort of your room! This luxury resort 2 has swimming pools where you can hang during the day, order lots of cocktails and sunbathe on the loungers!
- Marina Inn at Grande Dunes – If you’re looking for a bit of intimacy during your holiday, you’ll be happy to know that this hotel offers a private beach area! Hit the pool during the day and relax in the hot tub after a busy day out!
Frequently asked questions about Myrtle Beach
🏖️ What is better Myrtle Beach or North Myrtle Beach?
Both beaches are great for tourists, but Myrtle Beach is more crowded and attracts all kinds of people, and North Myrtle Beach is mostly for families and those who prefer a tranquil setting.
❓What side of Myrtle Beach is the boardwalk?
The Boardwalk is located in the Central Area of Myrtle Beach, and it’s perfect for long walks at sunset. If you want to be close to it you can stay at the Ocean 22 by Hilton Grand Vacations hotel.
🙅♀️ What are the bad parts of Myrtle Beach?
There aren’t any particularly bad areas of Myrtle Beach but the central and northern ends are the newer ones and have the best attractions.
What an amazing location! I hope this post helped you decide where to stay in Myrtle Beach!
I know there are tons of amazing hotel options here but I’m going to give you some extra help and tell you which are my 2 favorite ones:
- Ocean 22 by Hilton Grand – A great hotel with 2 pools
- South Bay Inn & Suites – A nice hotel with a beautiful ocean view
Just remember to book your favorite one in advance, that will save you some money and you won’t have to worry about those last-minute booking issues.
That’s it from me! For now, stay tuned for more amazing destinations! But until then discover the beautiful Myrtle Beach and let me know how you’ve found it in the comments, I’ll be happy to answer your queries!