Are you California Dreamin’? Yes?! Me too! That is why I’ve been looking for the best places to stay in Temecula, and let me tell you, I’ve found so many fantastic Temecula hotels after hours of deep research on the World Wide Web, so rest assured you will find something that fits your needs in the list below!
This article is arranged by price, starting with the luxurious accommodations, continuing with the mid-range ones, and last but not least, the budget accommodations! Also, stay until the end and check out the bonus section for VRBOs, the best luxury houses and villas in Temecula!
Southern California is super popular, especially with Temecula being so close to San Diego, so the smart move would be to book your room or villa as soon as you pick the one that fits your preferences, as you don’t want to end up without the hotel of your dreams for your vacations!
Let’s dive into all these fabulous accommodations available in Temecula, CA!
If you are in a hurry
If you need to book fast and don’t have a lot of time to read the whole article, here you have my top 3 recommendations for the best places to stay in Temecula!
Here are the main hotels to book in advance:
- Best 5-star luxury hotel – MAGIC VILLA Overlooking Pool Oasis
- Top winery hotel – Ponte Vineyard Inn
- Best hotel for couples – South Coast Winery Resort & Spa
Luxury (US$300 and up)
- MAGIC VILLA Overlooking Pool Oasis – This luxurious villa would be perfect for couples looking to stay in a little piece of paradise in Temecula wine country next to San Diego County! It is in a great location near shops and wineries, which translates into wine-tasting dates! You can also relax by the luxurious outdoor pool, which will make you feel like a celebrity!
- Gaia Inn and Spa – I love how fresh and elegant this hotel looks, with white and earthy tones with touches of blue and green in all the rooms. You can enjoy facilities like an outdoor swimming pool, spa tubs, and a shared kitchen. Suites are super spacious and some of them come with pool views or with private patios. P.S.: This hotel is only a 6-minute drive to the Churon Winery location!
- Hidden Hacienda – This place offers 4 spacious rooms with private terraces and kitchenettes in this hip and modern hacienda! I recommend this place to couples or solo travelers looking to relax in nature and still count on the modern amenities this accommodation offers; and if you feel like doing some wine tasting, De Portola Wine Trail, with many estate vineyards, is only 8 minutes away!
- Ponte Vineyard Inn – Oh la la! This hotel is a real treat, everything is within walking distance! It has an outdoor pool and hot tub to relax after visiting their attached winery and tasting room; no need to leave the location for a fancy dinner, just visit their on-site restaurant and bar The Cellar Lounge! The rooms are spacious and come with queen and king beds only!
- Carter Estate Winery and Resort – Well, daily in-room breakfast sounds like a dream to me, and you will get it staying in this accommodation that has an estate winery, an outdoor swimming pool with breathtaking views, and guest rooms that come with marble bathrooms! This resort location is amazing, right on the wine trail and with Old Town Temecula only 15 min drive away!
- Domaine Chardonnay – This upscale Temecula hotel is attached to one of the first vineyards to make Chardonnay in the area! They offer complimentary breakfast and room service, and if you like spending time in nature there are hiking and biking trails with bicycle rentals available to all guests! All 3 rooms are spacious and come with amazing views and some of them with deep soaking tubs!
Mid Range (US$150 – US$300)
- South Coast Winery Resort & Spa – Oh me oh my! How can I start to describe this fairyland? The landscape is unbeatable: vineyards, swimming pools with palm trees, and rolling hills on the horizon accompanied by the resort’s luxurious decoration and facilities that include a Grapeseed Spa and a heated saltwater pool. The rooms have a fireplace, a spa bath, and a lovely private patio. Definitely a romantic setting for couples!
- Villa Inn & Spa – Wow! If I could design the house of my dreams it would look like this! Open spaces, style, and comfort are surrounded by beautiful landscapes! Featuring a terrace and garden with a swimming pool for all guests and some rooms have a deep soaking tub and private balconies or private terraces overlooking the mountains!
- Peppertree Lane Ranch – If you were looking for a Temecula Wine Country Hotel to stay in with your family, this one’s for you! It features a 2 bedroom cottage with 2 bathrooms for 4 guests, or the 4 bedroom house with 4 bathrooms for 9 guests. Everyone staying here has access to the game room, BBQ facilities, and the outdoor swimming pool!
- Temecula Creek Inn – Are you a golf enthusiast? Well this Temecula Valley Wine Country hotel happens to feature a golf course, and that is not all, it also comes with a fitness center and spa, with the option to get an in-room massage package with complimentary wine and chocolate truffles, specially crafted for couples! The rooms are spacious and feature floor-to-ceiling windows with great views!
- Rustic Farm Stay – This is not your typical hotel! You’ll be staying in a cute motorhome, but don’t be fooled, it has all the amenities you need, a full bathroom, bedroom, bunk beds for kids, a small kitchen, and a patio overseeing a farm with cute animals. You can even play with them for a small fee!
- Hampton Inn & Suites Temecula – Next to Temecula Old Town, this hotel has all the classic amenities you need for a strategic stay; an outdoor swimming pool, free Wi-Fi, and a complimentary hot breakfast! They offer many types of rooms, such as king rooms for small parties and queen studio suites for parties of 5.
Budget (up to US$150)
- Staybridge Suites – Looking for a hotel with a nearby casino? What if I told you this one has a casino onsite? And there’s more: an outdoor pool with a lounge area, a fitness center, beauty services, and a complimentary yummy buffet breakfast every morning! Rooms come with a private kitchen 🙂
- Home2 Suites By Hilton Temecula – With Temecula Old Town just a few minutes’ drive away and the Winery Estate less than 20 minutes from this hotel, staying here would be a strategic stay! It features cool amenities like an outdoor swimming pool and a fitness center, and the rooms come with a kitchen and dishwasher. The best part is that it’s pet-friendly!
- Hampton Inn & Suites Murrieta – Located in Murrieta, most guests loved their complimentary breakfast and how neat the hotel was! This hotel features a swimming pool and a fitness center! Some rooms come with a hot tub and there are also family rooms, but best of all? Their spa and wellness center has a jacuzzi!
- Courtyard by Marriott Temecula Murrieta – This strategic location in Murrieta has many city amenities nearby, but to be fair you’ll have everything you could wish for at this hotel! There’s an outdoor swimming pool, and jacuzzi, a nice patio and terrace with fireplaces, and spacious rooms with comfy beds to recharge after a long day!
- Sommer Hus – I LOVE this hotel right in the middle of the wine trail, the property has 3 different types of private rooms all with minifridge, a welcome basket with treats, and one of the rooms has a spa bath! In the rest of the house, you can find a living room with a pool table, a fully equipped kitchen, and free rental bikes available to all guests!
- Signature Temecula – This hotel has a vibe! Just a 15-minute drive from the Wine Trail, and a few minutes to Temecula Old Town, this hotel comes with a swimming pool, laundry facilities, and a complimentary breakfast served every day! All the rooms come with a flat-screen tv, air conditioning, and a coffee maker!
|👑 Best luxury hotel:||MAGIC VILLA Overlooking Pool Oasis|
|💵 Best budget hotel:||Sommer Hus|
|🍇 Best winery hotel:||Ponte Vineyard Inn|
|👨❤️👨 Best hotel for couples:||South Coast Winery Resort & Spa|
BONUS: Best luxury houses and villas in Temecula
I cannot end this post without sharing with you the best private villas and estates in Temecula!
These upscale VRBOs are perfect for families, friends, or couples; there is something special for everyone! I have listed 6 top options, and they are organized by price range, starting with the most expensive first. The prices per night go from US$1400 to US$3000.
1. Wine Country Haven Surrounded by Vineyards!
This must be my favorite VRBO on the list! It is so cute, in the outdoor area you have a lovely lit garden with a swimming pool and jacuzzi, and on top of that you have a terrace area with an outdoor fireplace and different seating areas overlooking the wine country! The property has 4 bedrooms and 7 beds. Bear in mind that this property can accommodate a maximum of 12 guests!
2. Villa Cabernet by AvantStay
With a prime location near the wine trail, this property is a fabulous option for groups of a maximum of 20 guests. It comes with 8 bedrooms and 14 beds, plus 9 bathrooms! Among the facilities, you can find a lovely garden with a pool with a slide, an outdoor kitchen to enjoy the nice weather, and a game room!
3. Wilson Creek Manor By AvantStay
I feel like a celebrity could live in this place! There’s an amazing garden with a pool, a game room, a volleyball court, 13 beds, and 4 bathrooms, some with a spa bath! This would make an excellent choice for big groups looking to discover the Wine Trail!
4. Sunset Manor
This outstanding accommodation can host parties of 16 guests, but it would also be perfect for couples! With an unbeatable location right in the wine trail, this property has a romantic setting with a beautiful garden with a pool overviewing the rolling hills, a spa with a sauna and jacuzzi, and a home theater to curl up and watch a film!
5. Paradise Vacation Estate
Featuring an amazing European style with wooden rococo furniture, this Temecula accommodation is unreal! With an amazing patio with a garden, a swimming pool, and a water cascade, 11 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms, you’ll have the time of your life in this gorgeous estate!
6. Villa Magnifica
SO DREAMY! Hosting up to 20 guests, this villa right in the wine trail comes with 7 bedrooms and 12 beds. In the back of the villa, there is a patio with an outdoor swimming pool, and a sports court to play volleyball, football, paddle, you name it!
FAQs about best places to stay in Temecula
🍷 Which are the best winery hotels in Temecula, CA?
🔥 Is Temecula worth the hype?
100%! The nature is absolutely breathtaking, and who wouldn’t want to visit a wine trail and taste amazing quality Californian wine while staying in a stunning hotel!?
🏜️ How many days do you need to visit Temecula?
You’ll need at least 2-3 days to explore Temecula and fully relax! However, some of these properties are so cool it’d be nice to stay for even longer to really enjoy your vacay, like MAGIC VILLA!
🍇 What’s the best season to visit Temecula?
Anytime would be perfect! But spring and summertime is the best time to see nature in Temecula at its peak! The harvest season is right after this, so you’ll see it in full glory!!
It’s a wrap, my lovely people! I’ve covered a wide range of options for all budgets and all tastes for a luxurious and out-of-this-world vacation in this article about the best places to stay in Temecula!
Honestly, all of the hotels are amazing which is why they made it to the best hotels in Temecula list, but if you want to know my absolute 2 favorites, those are:
- Ponte Vineyard Inn – So classy and elegant, all I want to do is drink top quality wine while admiring its attached vineyard!
- South Coast Winery Resort & Spa – A mid-range budget hotel but with all the luxurious and upscale amenities like the Grapeseed Spa!
Which of these amazing Temecula winery hotels was your favorite? Let me know in the comments, and then go and book your dream hotel room before someone else does! Book in advance and get all of those sweet deals!
Have a wonderful vacation,
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!