Being one of the most popular destinations in North Carolina, Raleigh has countless things to offer to tourists. From world-class museums to beautiful green landscapes, a vibrant art and night scene, plus great food, Raleigh has a lot to explore….But this town especially excels when it comes to hotels where you can relax after a big day in the city.
If you’re interested in boutique hotels, but you don’t want to spend hours looking for the right option, congrats, you came to the right page!
In this blog, I gathered the best boutique hotels in Raleigh, North Carolina, and divided them by price range to help meet the budget of anyone out there. The only thing you need to do is to make yourself comfortable, grab yourself a cup of coffee, and start reading! I also included a nice bonus section for you with some great hotels near the Raleigh Durham international airport.
But before you start, there’s another thing I need to remind you: make sure you book your favorite hotel way in advance if you want to secure yourself a spot in one of the amazing accommodations in Raleigh, North Carolina… places sell out quite fast!
Well, now we’re ready… Let’s start!
If you are in a hurry
If you don’t have time to read the whole post, check out this list of the top hotels by budget, all located in central Raleigh, North Carolina:
Here’s a map for you to help you understand where all the best boutique hotels in Raleigh, North Carolina, are located:
Luxury (US$200 and up)
- Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club – Check out this luxury hotel located on the Duke University Campus, perfect if you want to get spoiled during your holiday in Raleigh, North Carolina. Here you can play at the 18-hole championship golf course, eat delicious dinners at the on-site restaurant (actually, there are three, so you can choose!), and relax at the indoor pool or hot tub. And wait until you see your classically decorated guest room! They all feature a flat-screen tv, free wifi, coffee makers, and access to free private parking!
- JB Duke Hotel – Located 30 minutes drive from Raleigh, North Carolina, this boutique hotel offers all the comforts you need for a luxury holiday! The property features an onsite bar where you can have some good cocktails, a business center if you’re in town for work, a fitness center to keep yourself in shape, and free private parking on site. The guest rooms are also great, all offering a flat-screen tv. This is the perfect option for business travelers!
- Embassy Suites Raleigh – Durham Airport – Check out this luxury hotel in North Carolina, with a great location between Raleigh and Raleigh-Durham International Airport, close to all the best shops and cultural attractions like the Museum of Natural Sciences and PNC Arena. In the hotel, you will find an indoor heated pool, a dining area where they serve the best breakfast in the morning, and spacious rooms with free wifi, a flat-screen tv, and free private parking… What else do you need?
- Aloft Raleigh – Aloft Raleigh is conveniently located in central Raleigh, North Carolina, just a 2-minute drive from the famous Museum of Natural Sciences and the PNC Arena, making it perfect if you want to explore the city center! Here you will have happy hours at the on-site bar and sleep in comfy rooms fully equipped with a flat-screen TV, seating areas, and a balcony. You can even play billiards with other guests or make free use of bicycles if you don’t have a car!
- Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel – Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel is one of the best 5 stars accommodations in North Hills, located within walking distance from the Raleigh Museum of Natural Sciences! Here the guest rooms all feature a 20-inch flat-screen TV (and even a tv in the bathroom), coffee makers, ironing boards, and free wifi. Staying here will also give you access to free entrance passes to the fitness center (Gold’s Gym) and an on-site restaurant serving creative cuisine in a relaxed setting.
- The Durham Hotel – The Durham hotel is located a 30 minutes drive from Raleigh (but is just beautiful so I had to include it!) and 1 hour from the Raleigh Durham international airport, so you have easy access to both of them! Here you’ll have everything you need at your fingertips, including a restaurant, a fitness center, a cool bar, and free WiFi throughout the whole property! And wait until you see the spacious rooms… you’ll fall in love! They have a desk, a flat-screen TV, a private bathroom, air conditioning, and much more, perfect for a stay with the family!
- The StateView Hotel, Autograph Collection – Located in central Raleigh, North Carolina, this hotel is a short 10-minute drive from downtown Raleigh and all its cool attractions like the PNC Arena! But this 4-star boutique hotel has much more to offer than just a convenient location. Here you have an amazing restaurant for romantic dinners, an outdoor swimming pool to relax, and a fitness center to stay in shape. And if you want to have a chilled evening after dinner, there is a bar just on-site and a lovely shared lounge available for guests!
- 21c Museum Hotel Durham – If you want to stay in a really unique place, you need to check out this historic hotel located in Durham in the Hill Building (Just a little outside Raleigh). Here you’ll sleep in beautiful rooms with contemporary furnishings, high ceilings, and terrazzo floors, and have access to many upscale facilities. Some examples? The property offers a fitness centre with a sauna, a business centre for workers, and even an art gallery are on site, hosting rotating exhibitions!
Mid Range (US$140 – US$200)
- Graduate Chapel Hill – The Graduate Chapel Hill hotel offers luxury service only an 8-minute walk from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and 1 hour from Raleigh (but is such a unique fun place that is worth the distance!). Here the rooms are designed with vintage decor and feature a small refrigerator and a 47-inch flat-screen TV… And they are pet friendly, so you can bring your four-legged friend! Other amazing amenities you’ll enjoy here are the free Wi-Fi, on-site restaurant, and outdoor patio seating!
- Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Midtown, NC – This lovely boutique hotel is located in Raleigh, North Carolina, within walking distance from all the best attractions such as the famous Museum of Natural Sciences and a short drive from Crabtree Valley Mall Shopping Center. The hotel offers a continental breakfast to start your days full of energy, an exercise room to stay fit, and spacious family rooms with free WiFi where you can relax after an intense day of visiting.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Crabtree – Located in Raleigh, a 10 minutes drive from PNC Arena, this fun hotel has all the comforts you need, starting from the beautiful rooms with contemporary décor to the hot breakfast served daily in the dining area and indoor pool on site. But one of the things guests love the most about Hampton Inn & Suites Crabtree is its friendly staff, always ready to give you tips and help you with any necessity you could have. And if you want to spend a day of shopping, the Crabtree Mall is a short walk away!
- The Longleaf Hotel – Longleaf Hotel is one of the coolest hotels you can find in Raleigh, NC. Featuring bright neon signs, colorful schemes, and hip lounge areas, it looks as if it has had a trendy facelift! The property also offers many modern-day amenities, special events, and rooms with retro-inspired decor, showcasing local artisans to pay homage to Raleigh city. In fact, in your room, you’ll find layered pine needle wallpaper as an ode to the state tree, pillows of the color of North Carolina, and much more!
- Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh/Crabtree Valley – Check out this Raleigh hotel, located a 3-minute drive from Crabtree Valley Mall, a shopping addicts’ paradise! Offering a heated indoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center, and a business centre with meeting facilities, the property is perfect for any kind of traveler. The rooms here are also great, all featuring a 40-inch flat-screen TV, a working desk, ironing facilities, a coffee machine, and a private bathroom… all this at great prices!
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh Cary I-40 – if you are going to Raleigh with the family, you should definitely check out this great boutique hotel! The property offers spacious rooms with a fully equipped kitchenette, air conditioning, and flat-screen tv, plus access to some cool facilities! Some examples? A seasonal outdoor swimming pool, free private parking, a fitness centre, a business center, and a shared lounge. And every morning, you will start your day with a delicious continental breakfast!
Budget (up to US$140)
- Four Points by Sheraton Raleigh Arena – This budget hotel in Raleigh is located just minutes away from the PNC Arena, the North Carolina State University, and The Raleigh-Durham International Airport, so you’ll have everything at your fingertips! But apart from its amazing location, the hotel also offers some great facilities like a seasonal outdoor pool and free airport transportation during the week. Last but not least, they serve a free hot breakfast every morning or a breakfast bag available for two hours before you arrive early!
- Hyatt Place Raleigh Cary – Are you looking for a place to stay on a budget during your holiday in North Carolina? Then check out this Raleigh hotel, offering an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and modern rooms with a flat-screen cable TV and a seating area. Staying here will give you access to a fitness centre to stay in shape, a snack bar to satisfy your munchies, and free parking if you travel by car. Guests particularly love the breakfast in the morning and the friendly staff.
- The Store – Who said you could not have a great service for low prices? This adults-only hotel in Raleigh will prove to you that this is possible, offering guests access to a beautiful garden, a tennis court, and a terrace, so you can either relax or play some sports! Among all the amazing facilities at this property, you’ll find a concierge service, a luggage storage space, along with laundry service. And wait until you see the rooms, all coming with free WiFi and a patio… What else could you ask for?
- Hyatt House Raleigh/Rdu/Brier Creek – If you are traveling on a budget with your four-legged friend, this affordable, pet-friendly hotel in Raleigh is for you! Here you will start your day with a delicious breakfast in the morning, and then take a dip in the pool or check the newspapers at the on-site business center. And to finish your day in the best way, you can dine in the in-house restaurant serving American cuisine and have a cocktail at the on-site bar, all before falling asleep in the comfy beds of the hotel’s rooms!
- DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh-Cary – This hotel offers affordable prices and a great location at just a 5-minute drive of the Crossroads Shopping Plaza, close to many shopping, dining, and entertainment options. The rooms are equipped with MP3 docking stations, free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, and large windows from where you can gaze at the Raleigh skyline! Here you’ll also have access to great facilities like the indoor pool to enjoy some well-deserved relaxation, or a fitness centre to work out.
- Candlewood Suites Raleigh Crabtree – This all-suite hotel located 15 minutes drive from Central Raleigh will make you feel immediately at home, offering free WI-Fi and a kitchenette in all the rooms, plus a work desk and ironing facilities! At the same time, if you stay here, you’ll have access to a fitness center, a coffee shop, barbecue facilities, and a picnic area where you can have a meal with your loved ones. Last but not least, North Carolina State University is just a 10 minute drive from the hotel!
|👑 Luxury price:
|💵 Mid Range:
|💰 Accommodation prices:
|📅 How many days:
|🐶 Best pet-friendly hotel:
|Graduate Chapel Hill
|🌇 Top hotel with a view:
|DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh-Cary
|☀️ Best time to go:
|April – June / September – November
|🖼️ Best Attraction:
|NC Museum of Natural Sciences
|🛎️ Best boutique hotel:
|Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club
|🏰 Most unique hotel:
|The Longleaf Hotel
|🧳 Best mid-range hotel:
|Hampton Inn & Suites Crabtree
|👛 Best budget hotel:
|Four Points by Sheraton
BONUS: Hotels near Raleigh Durham International Airport
If you are going to Ralegh, North Carolina, for a short trip, or you’re just the type of person who feels more secure staying in the airport surroundings so you won’t miss your flight, you might want to check out this list with the best hotels near the Raleigh Durham International Airport.
I gathered here the ones with the best value and put them in descending order from the most expensive to the least, ranging in price from $190 and $140 per night.
Check them out:
- Embassy Suites Raleigh – Durham Airport – Located in Raleigh, North Carolina, this hotel offers free shuttle services to and from Raleigh-Durham International Airport, just 5 minutes driving from the property. The hotel also offers an indoor heated pool, rooms with an iPod docking station, and an on-site restaurant!
- Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport – Check out this hotel, featuring state-of-the-art amenities, along with free transfers both to Raleigh-Durham International Airport (just 15 minutes by car from the property) and the nearby restaurants. The hotel is also located near Research Triangle Park, a must-see in Raleigh!
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raleigh Airport – Located only a 10-minute drive from the Raleigh Durham international airport (to which it offers free shuttle service), this hotel offers easy access to some of the city’s best attractions like the Crabtree Valley Mall Shopping Center and the North Carolina Museum of Art, just to name a few.
FAQs about boutique hotels in Raleigh, North Carolina
👑 Which are the best boutique hotels in Raleigh, North Carolina?
✈️ Which are the best hotels in Raleigh, NC, near Raleigh Durham international airport?
🧳 Which are the best boutique hotels in downtown Raleigh?
👀 What are the best things to do in Raleigh, NC?
The best things to do in Raleigh are visiting popular attractions like the Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences, Carter Finley Stadium, the PNC Arena – home of the Carolina Hurricanes – the university of the nearby Chapel Hill, or spend a shopping evening at the Crabtree Valley Mall.
So, here we are at the end of this extensive guide about the best boutique hotels in Raleigh, North Carolina, including options for any kind of budget and taste.
Whether you’re looking for luxury accommodation, a pet-friendly hotel, a family getaway, or an adult-only option, here is the right hotel for you! But since we saw countless choices, I know there is a chance you could be confused by now, trying to decide which one to pick! So I want to give you extra help.
Here are my 2 absolute favorite boutique hotels in Raleigh, both offering a great location and value for the price:
- Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club – this luxury hotel offers an 18-hole championship golf course, 3 on-site restaurants, and classically decorated guest rooms
- The Longleaf Hotel – this is one of the coolest hotels you can find in Raleigh NC, with neon signs, bright color schemes, and hip lounge areas!
I hope this post helped you find the perfect hotel for your travel needs… If so, make sure you book it immediately so you can find some great deals and reserve yourself a spot!
And if you have any questions for me, please leave them in the comments below, I am looking forward to answering you and am happy to clarify your doubts!
Have an amazing holiday!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!