Welcome to one of the most impressive places in the USA, Bryce Canyon! Bryce Canyon National Park is famous for its unique rock formations called hoodoos and in fact, it has the largest number of hoodoos in the world! Get ready for some of the most scenic hiking trails and spectacular landscapes of your life. If you’re already wearing your hiking boots, let’s get started!
If you want to stay inside Bryce National Park itself your choices are limited to just one hotel option or campgrounds. I will talk about these options towards the end of the post however before that I will be recommending some of the small towns where to stay in Bryce Canyon that surround the park in Southwestern Utah, and will help you get the most out of this amazing area.
Since there are limited accommodation options in Bryce Canyon and I don’t want you to miss the best of them, do not forget to make your reservation in advance to secure your place!
Now, if you are ready shall we start our outdoor adventures?
If you are in a hurry
Here are the best places for where to stay in Bryce Canyon with the best hotels from luxury to budget. They all have good reviews and a great location near Bryce Canyon National Park!
Bryce Trails B&B
Best luxury hotel
King Bed Cottage
An Airbnb with amazing reviews
Best Western Plus
Best value for money
Best affordable accommodation in the center
Here is a map about where to stay in Bryce Canyon with the 3 best areas I will be talking about in this travel guide so you can easily understand their location:
1. Bryce Canyon City – where to stay in Bryce Canyon for the first time
If you are visiting Bryce Canyon for the first time Bryce Canyon City is the best place to stay as you will be just 2 miles (3 km) away from the Bryce Canyon National Park’s entrance. So get ready for outdoor adventures!
I am sure you will be impressed enough to discover Byron Canyon National Park that has unique rock formations and landscapes but other than that you can also do so many fun activities in Bryce Canyon City such as joining horseback riding and ATV tours. You will also find so many scenic hiking trails as well as viewpoints during your journey. Does it sound tempting?
Speaking of outdoor activities, if you plan to visit more gorgeous national parks on your trip you should check out the best Airbnbs in the Grand Canyon!
Since Bryce Canyon City is a small town, there are limited accommodation options and no luxury hotel here. That being said, you should definitely make your reservation in advance to secure your place. If you want to stay in a luxury hotel I recommend staying in Bryce Trails B&B located in one of the closest neighboring towns, Tropic.
Here are the best Accommodations to stay in Bryce Canyon City:
Other accommodation options in Bryce Canyon City
This hotel in Bryce Canyon City offers an on-site restaurant, with a private bathroom, a swimming pool, and a free shuttle to the airport
This hotel is a very short distance to Bryce Canyon National Park and has an indoor pool with a hot tub, an outdoor pool, and comfortable beds
This Airbnb has easy access to Bryce Canyon National Park and offers a well-equipped room, free wifi, and free parking
Things to do in Bryce Canyon City
- Discover Red Canyon with a horseback riding tour
- Go to Sunset Point and Sunrise Point to see the spectacular views
- Visit Bryce Canyon National Park Visitor Center
- Go for dinner at Grand Canyon Pines
- Have a delicious meal at Stone Hearth Grille
- See the amazing rock formations, the Thor’s Hammer
- Take a day trip to Zion National Park
- Visit the impressive Bryce Amphitheatre
2. Tropic – the best area to stay in Bryce Canyon for families
Tropic is located 6 miles (10 km) east of Bryce Canyon City and is another popular small-town preferred by travelers while visiting Bryce Canyon. Here you will not only find family-friendly hotels but also more affordable accommodation options and you will be just 10 miles (15 km) away from the Bryce Canyon National Park entrance.
Tropic is known for its scenic views and spectacular hiking and biking trails. Plus, it has a charming city atmosphere which enables you to find good local restaurants, cafes, shops and a great selection of hotels. That’s why it is a very convenient place to stay for families as whenever you need something it will be just a stone’s throw away!
After spending a lot of time in nature, if you feel like adding fun destinations to your trip check out the best places to stay in Las Vegas. Before moving to the best hotels in Tropic I have to tell you that you have to be quick to catch these hotels as they are selling too fast! So make sure to make your booking ahead of time.
Bryce Trails B&B has family-friendly hotel rooms with mountain views, a very good breakfast, and free parking. Bryce Canyon National Park is just 12 miles (18 km) away and you can arrange hiking and biking tours from the hotel. You will love the large garden area where you can have a BBQ and watch amazing views.
Other accommodation options in Tropic
This hotel has spacious rooms with a coffee machine, free wifi and a short walk to restaurants
This hotel offers cute cabin style accommodation with modern amenities, free wifi, and free parking
This Airbnb has a nice garden, spacious rooms, a fully furnished kitchen, and free wifi
Things to do in Tropic
- Hike at the Mossy Cave Trail and the Navajo Trail with scenic views
- Take a day trip to Kodachrome Basin State Park
- Have a good coffee at Bryce Canyon Coffee Co
- Go for dinner at IDK Barbecue
- Hike and have a picnic along the Peek-A-Boo Loop Trail
- Check out the spectacular views at Bristlecone Point
- Have a family dinner at The Pizza Place
3. Panguitch – where to stay in Bryce Canyon on a budget
Panguitch is 20 miles (30 km) away from Bryce Canyon National Park entrance and it is the place where you will find many budget hotels and affordable restaurants. Even though it is a bit further from the park’s boundaries, it is a very nice town that offers great sights such as the Cedar Breaks National Monument and the beautiful Dixie National Forest. Doesn’t it sound cool to save money on accommodation and also be able to discover more landscapes?
Here you will have a lot of great opportunities to go on hiking adventures, discover beautiful parks and have local food. If you are already curious to check out the best places to stay in Panguitch, here we go!
This luxurious Airbnb offers a unique experience with its tiny houses overlooking the mountains. I love the private terrace where you will have your own fire pit and lounge chairs. There is a fully equipped kitchen, a dining room, and two bedrooms with modern amenities. You can easily access hiking trails and restaurants and shops are a short drive.
Other accommodation options in Panguitch
This hotel offers spacious rooms with a kitchen and private terrace, free wifi, free parking and BBQ facilities
Purple Sage Motel offers western-style comfortable hotel rooms with a coffee machine, a free Wi-Fi, and free parking
This Airbnb offers a wonderful experience on a farm and has spacious rooms, a fully furnished kitchen, and a large garden
Things to do in Panguitch
- See the Cedar Breaks National Monument
- Go for a walk at the beautiful Dixie National Forest
- Buy souvenirs at the Bryce Canyon Trading Post
- Go for a walk at Panguitch City Park
- Have a delicious meal at Cowboy’s Smokehouse Café
- Go for dinner at the Big Fish Family Restaurant
- Grab snacks on the way at Henrie’s Drive Inn
|👑 Luxury price:||$200|
|💵 Mid Range hotel:||$140|
|📍Best area:||Bryce Canyon City|
|👪 Best area for families:||Tropic|
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:||Bryce Trails B&B|
|🧳 Best mid-range hotel:||Best Western Plus|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||Bryce Canyon Log Cabins|
BONUS: Where to stay inside Bryce Canyon National Park
For those who want to enjoy unique nature by staying inside Bryce Canyon National Park, I didn’t forget you. Unfortunately, there is only one hotel option inside the national park and two campgrounds.
There is only one entrance to Bryce Canyon National Park and each of the following options are located close to it. Remember to grab a map at the Bryce Canyon National Park Visitor Center, and check out the website of the National Park Service to get information about the weather and road conditions.
Here are the accommodation options inside Bryce Canyon National Park:
- The Lodge at Bryce Canyon – This is the only hotel inside the Bryce Canyon National Park and offers a unique stay experience for nature lovers. You will love the hotel rooms that have a fireplace and spectacular forest views. There is a nice on-site restaurant where you can have delicious foods and a great selection of wines and you can chill in the garden lounge area after a tiring hiking day.
- North Campground – This campground is the closest one to Bryce Canyon National Park Visitor Center and to the general store. RV campers are allowed and you can bring or rent tents on the campground. Imagine waking up in the forest and in a few minutes, you are hiking at the most scenic trails in the park. North campground is open 24 hours and all year round and tent spots cost $20 per night and RVs are $30.
- Sunset Campground – This campground is 2 miles (3 km) away from the entrance of Bryce Canyon National Park and has a shuttle to the park’s entrance. You can come with your RV ($30 per night) or use the tent site ($20 per night). Potable water is available and you can use the dump station in North Campground. Note that Sunset campground is closed during the winter from November to April.
Frequently asked questions about Bryce Canyon
🤔 Where should I stay for Zion and Bryce?
If you want to visit both Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce Canyon City is the closest time to stay in. Some of the best hotels here are Best Western Plus and Ruby’s Inn.
🌲 Can you stay inside Bryce National Park?
Yes, you can stay inside Bryce National Park and the only hotel is The Lodge at Bryce Canyon. There are also two campgrounds, North Campground and Sunset Campground that you can camp inside Bryce National Park.
⏱️ How many days do I need for Bryce Canyon?
If you want to explore Grand Canyon National Park and surrounding hiking trails, 2-3 days will be enough to stay in Bryce Canyon.
🛎️ What are the best hotels in Bryce Canyon?
Best Western Plus in Bryce Canyon City and Bryce Trails B&B in Tropic are some of the best places to stay in Bryce Canyon that have convenient locations to access national parks.
👨👩👧👦 What are the best places to stay in Bryce Canyon for families?
Stone Canyon Inn and Bryce Trails B&B are some of the best places to stay in Bryce Canyon for families that have a spacious hotel room and a good location near Bryce Canyon National Park.
📷 What should I not miss in Bryce Canyon?
Here are some of the main sights that you should not miss when you are visiting Bryce Canyon:
● Bryce Canyon National Park
● Dixie National Forest
● The Cedar Breaks National Monument
● Mossy Cave Trail
● Navajo Trail
● Thor’s Hammer rock formations
● Red Canyon
● Kodachrome Basin State Park
What a journey it was! We discovered all the areas near Bryce National Park and checked out the most fun activities. I hope this blog post on where to stay in Bryce Canyon helped you to pick the best hotel suitable for your taste and you are getting ready for epic outdoor adventures!
While you are visiting Bryce Canyon I also recommend you to make day trips to other national parks in southern Utah such as Zion National Park and Dixie National Forest that I totally believe is worth a visit.
I also would like to remind you of the importance of making a reservation for your hotel in advance as there are very limited accommodation options near Bryce Canyon National Park and the best ones are selling faster than you think!
I have already given tons of accommodation options but if you want to hear my absolute 2 favorite hotels in Bryce Canyon let me wrap up. Here are the best hotels that are conveniently located near Bryce Canyon National Park and have amazing reviews:
- Bryce Trails B&B – The best upscale hotel to stay near the Bryce Canyon National Park located in Tropic with its comfortable rooms
- Best Western Plus – A great hotel in Bryce Canyon City that has an outdoor swimming pool and is just a 5-minute drive to the Bryce Canyon National Park
I am sure you will have an amazing time discovering the unique landscapes and doing a lot of outdoor activities in Bryce Canyon National Park!
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding Bryce Canyon National Park and areas to stay nearby don’t be shy and leave a comment below. I’ll be more than happy to answer them!
Have a great holiday,
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!