Hello dear traveler! Planning your next tropical holiday in the Caribbean? Then you are one lucky tourist because you’ll have the time of your life in Saint Lucia!
This beautiful island may be small, but it has many incredible places! Choosing an area is hard when each one has its unique charm. But fear not, I’m here to help you make the right decision!
Gros Islet is the best area where to stay in St. Lucia, as it has beautiful beaches, great nightlife, and some fantastic hotels. But, in this post, you’ll find 4 more areas on the island for people with different interests, like nature lovers or tourists traveling with kids! Plus, a bonus with some unique all-inclusive resorts.
But, I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to book your hotel in advance! The island is small, and all the good ones sell out super fast!
- If you are in a hurry
- 1. Gros Islet – where to stay in St. Lucia for the first time
- 2. Soufriere – best place to stay in Saint Lucia for nature lovers
- 3. Cap Estate – where to stay in Saint Lucia for relaxation
- 4. Marigot Bay – best place to stay in Saint Lucia for culture
- 5. Rodney Bay – where to stay in Saint Lucia for families
- BONUS: Best all-inclusive resorts in St. Lucia
- Frequently asked questions about hotels in Saint Lucia
If you are in a hurry
In case you don’t want to waste any time and you want to book your hotel right now, I’ve made a list of the best hotels in St. Lucia, all located in Gros Islet
The Landings Resort
Best luxury hotel
An Airbnb with amazing reviews
Best value for money
Best affordable accommodation in the center
Here’s a map of all the areas where to stay in Saint Lucia that I will be talking about in this post:
1. Gros Islet – where to stay in St. Lucia for the first time
The lush landscapes, mesmerizing beaches, and that island atmosphere will make you fall in love with Gros Islet!
This lively area sits on the northern tip of Saint Lucia, and it’s one of the best places to stay on the island! Why?
Well, you’ll find everything you want here: great nightlife, beautiful beaches, and of course, let’s not forget that you’ll be super close to Pigeon Island National Park, a historical site filled with tropical greenery and military buildings used during the battles between the French and the British for the island of Saint Lucia.
Gros Islet is filled with great restaurants, different attractions, and a sandy beach where you can sunbathe and swim all day long.
The hotels here are also pretty awesome! I’ve included a list of the top ones below, but I highly recommend booking them in advance. This part of Saint Lucia is super popular with tourists and most people will look for accommodation here.
For anyone who’s looking for more holiday destinations in the Caribbean, check out Barbados. I’m sure you’ll fall in love with it!
A private beach area, hot tubs, swimming pools… that sounds like the perfect combination! This resort in St. Lucia sits just a short walk away from Pigeon Island! During the day, you can try different water sports and then relax with a session at the luxurious spa.
Other accommodation options in Gros Islet
Chill by the swimming pool all day long at this hotel that has rooms with balconies and a restaurant on-site
An affordable place to stay in St. Lucia that sits within walking distance from the beach and has family rooms
Admire stunning views of the island from the balcony of this apartment that has an infinity pool
Things to do in Gros Islet
- Sunbathe on the sandy beach in Gros Islet
- Have dinner at Golden Taste Restaurant
- Visit Pigeon Island National Park
- Explore the Posada Forestal garden
- Attend the Friday night street party on Dauphin St.
- Go on an island tour of Saint Lucia
2. Soufriere – best place to stay in Saint Lucia for nature lovers
Do you want to discover the best natural sites in Saint Lucia?
Then take a look at the hotels in Soufriere, an area that sits on the island’s west coast. Tucked away between the lush greenery and crystal clear waters, Soufriere has become a favorite place for nature lovers.
And we can’t be surprised. The Diamond Falls at the botanical gardens, the mineral baths, and the rainforests make Soufriere a stunning place!
You can take different hikes through the rainforest to reach the Gros Piton, a mountainous volcanic plug, and the second-highest peak in Saint Lucia. The views of the Caribbean Sea are so unique from up there!
Plus, here you’ll also find the famous Sulphur Springs. One of the island’s most famous attractions known as “the world’s only drive-in volcano.” Many people believe these mud baths have medicinal properties.
Soufriere is also great for anyone who’s planning a romantic vacation. The west coast of Saint Lucia is not as busy as the north part, and many honeymooners come here. After a day of exploring and hiking, you can take a romantic walk on the beach or plan a fancy dinner for your significant other!
Fancy your own plunge pool? Then book a villa at the Sugar Beach Resort! Start your day with a delicious breakfast at the restaurant then head to the spa to relax in the hot tub or at the sauna. The spectacular vistas of Pitons Bay will make you fall in love with this popular place!
Other accommodation options in Soufriere
Enjoy the views from the infinity pool at this hotel that has an outdoor dining area and free wifi
A cozy and bright apartment that offers mountain views and has a balcony and a kitchen
This apartment on the West Coast has all the facilities you need including a kitchen and air conditioning
Soufriere is a pretty popular area and as you’ll see many tourists want to stay here to be close to all these beautiful natural spots. In case you’ve missed your chance at one of the hotels in the list above, here are 2 more. Both accommodations are luxurious with prices from US$400 to US$1600:
- Ladera Resort – Welcome to paradise! I love the decor of this incredible accommodation that overlooks the Piton Mountains and the Caribbean Sea! In the morning have a quick dip in your private plunge pool and then head downstairs for a delicious breakfast at the Ladera Resort restaurant.
- Stonefield Villa Resort – Chill by the pool and admire the views at this resort that has villas with private pools and a restaurant. The accommodation offers guests a free shuttle bus to the public beaches and evening entertainment.
Things to do in Soufriere
- Visit the famous Sulphur Springs
- Take a romantic walk on the white sand beach
- Spend a relaxing day at Piton Falls
- Drink a smoothie at Zaka’s Art Café
- Hike the Gros Piton in St. Lucia
- Go for a swim at Superman Waterfall
- Enjoy the mineral baths at the Diamond Falls in the Botanical Gardens
- Check out the cocoa plantation at Morne Coubaril Adventure Park
3. Cap Estate – where to stay in Saint Lucia for relaxation
If you want to stay on the north side of the island but still enjoy some tranquility then I recommend booking your hotel in the Cap Estate area.
The northernmost tip of Saint Lucia is known as the busiest part of the island, but luckily you can escape that if you want by staying in Cap Estate! The area is only 2 miles (3 km) away from Gros Islet and Pigeon Island National Park, so that you can visit these locations at any time!
Now back to Cap Estate, which has plenty of beaches where you can relax, sunbathe and admire the fantastic views of the Caribbean Sea. If you’re looking for more holiday destinations in the Caribbean, check out Saint Marteen, another beautiful island!
That’s not it, though! There’s a vast golf course around (I’m sure you’ll love this), the Sandals Golf And Country Club, and plenty of restaurants where you can indulge in the traditional dishes.
Let’s check out the best hotels in the area:
Set right on the beach, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place to stay in St. Lucia! Enjoy your morning coffee on the little patio of your room. The accommodation has 12 restaurants on-site, an outdoor fireplace, and a spa center.
Other accommodation options in Cap Estate
I love the design of this hotel! Grab a book and chill on the balcony, or go for a swim in the pool
Relax in your own private plunge pool at this place to stay in St. Lucia that has barbecue facilities
A beautiful villa surrounded by palm trees that has a pool, a garden, and a spacious room
Things to do in Cap Estate
- Go for a swim at Donkey Beach
- Spend a relaxing afternoon at Sandals Golf And Country Club
- Explore the Moonrise park
- Visit Saint Lucia’s top landmarks
- Enjoy dinner at Cap Grill in Saint Lucia
4. Marigot Bay – best place to stay in Saint Lucia for culture
Located 9 miles (12 km) away from the capital city, Marigot Bay is a scenic place in St. Lucia that’s perfect for people interested in the island’s past.
Surrounded by forested hills and clear blue waters, Marigot Bay is a scenic spot that was featured in many novels. It even appeared in a movie adaptation of Hugh Lofting’s Doctor Dolittle books!
Marigot is also an important historic landmark as many battles between the French and British navies took place here! So if you’re a fan of history, I recommend finding a place to stay in Marigot Bay.
The area is pretty tranquil (and small as well), you won’t see a bunch of tourists around, so if you were looking for a more secluded place, I think you’ll like it here! Most tourists spend their time at the public beach. That’s where you’ll also find some restaurants as most of them are nestled across the shores.
Hola traveler! Ready for a holiday full of sunshine and good vibes! This stunning villa in St. Lucia offers the best views. Chill on the sun loungers by the pool, drink some cocktails and enjoy the good life!
Other accommodation options in Marigot Bay
Enjoy your stay in Saint Lucia at this beachfront hotel that offers a swimming pool and an airport shuttle
An affordable place where you can relax by the pool. The accommodation has a kitchen and free wifi
Hop from your bed straight to the beach during your stay at this place that has a pool and a kitchen
Things to do in Marigot Bay
- Sunbathe and go for a swim at Marigot Beach
- Enjoy a quick lunch at Roots Beach Bar
- Go on an ATV tour in Santa Lucia
- Explore Marigot Bay and learn about its past
- Have a drink at JJ’s Mangrove Dockside
5. Rodney Bay – where to stay in Saint Lucia for families
Planning a family trip to Saint Lucia?
Then look no further than Rodney Bay Village! This great area sits between Margot Bay and Gros Islet.
Finding a place that suits the needs of every member of the family can be challenging (trust, me I know that), but I’m sure that everyone will like staying in Rodney Bay Village. Especially the kids, once you take them to the Splash Island Water Park.
Reduit Beach is also located here which is famous for its watersports. Everyone comes to try jet skiing, water tubing, water skiing, or many other activities. If you guys get hungry after all that time spent at Reduit Beach, don’t worry, there are tons of restaurants around here where you can grab a quick bite with the kids.
Offering direct access to the popular beach in the area (Reduit), this resort is perfect for your family getaway to St. Lucia! The accommodation has a petal-shaped, lagoon-style pool featuring a whirlpool island and a playground for the kids.
Other accommodation options in Rodney Bay
Enjoy the views of Pigeon Island from your room at this hotel that has 4 restaurants and a multilevel freeform pool
I love the spacious rooms at this accommodation! Go for a dip in the pool and catch a sunset there
Chill in the hammock all day long at this cute cottage that has a backyard and a swimming pool
Things to do in Rodney Bay
- Try the different water sports at Reduit Beach
- Explore the Rodney Bay Marina
- Have fun with the kids at Splash Island Water Park.
- Enjoy a family dinner at Buzz Seafood & Grill
- Hike the Mt. Pimard Trail
|👑 Luxury price:||$400|
|💵 Mid Range:||$250|
|💰 Accommodation prices:||High|
|📍 Best area:||Gros Islet|
|👪 Best area for families:||Rodney Bay|
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:||The Landings Resort|
|💵 Best mid-range hotel:||Bay Gardens|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||Tropical Breeze|
BONUS: Best all-inclusive resorts in St. Lucia
I wouldn’t let you start your Saint Lucia hotel search without offering a list of the best all-inclusive resorts on the island! I know many of you will want to book accommodations like these.
So here’s a list of the top ones in St. Lucia! All the resorts below are luxury with prices from US$400 to US$1600:
- Jade Mountain Resort – Fancy staying in one of the best hotels in St. Lucia? Then have a look at this stunning resort that’s tucked away between the hills. The views at Jade Mountain Resort are incredible! Get yourself a cocktail and chill near the infinity pool.
- Calabash Cove Resort – Chill in the pool with infinity-edge at this luxurious all-inclusive resort that has a spa center, outdoor showers, and a sitting room with a stocked bar! Wake up and enjoy the sea views from your private deck patio.
- Serenity at Coconut Bay – This Vieux Fort resort has all the facilities you need for your stay in St. Lucia, including a free shuttle service! Relax on the sun loungers of the private beach and go for a swim in the ocean at sunset!
- Windjammer Landing Villa – Go on cruise ships, scuba diving, and try all the crazy water sports on this island! Once you’re back at the hotel, you can relax in your comfortable room or enjoy a massage in the spa center.
- Bel Jou – Surrounded by palm trees, this modern hotel has a year-round outdoor pool and a restaurant. Guests will have access to a spa and to free parking!
Frequently asked questions about hotels in Saint Lucia
🔝 What’s the best part of St. Lucia to stay?
Gros Islet is the best area to stay in St. Lucia! Here you’ll find great beaches, amazing nightlife, and unique hotels, like The Landings Resort.
🌊 What part of St. Lucia has the best beaches?
The west coast of St. Lucia has the best beaches. There you’ll find the famous Sugar Beach and Reduit Beach, and the tranquil Margot Bay Beach.
🏨 Which is the best all-inclusive hotel in St. Lucia?
Calabash Cove is the best all-inclusive hotel in Saint Lucia! It has an infinity-edge pool and beautiful rooms that offer great views.
🚫 When should you not go to St. Lucia?
You should avoid going to St. Lucia during hurricane season (July to November). Although the risk of hurricanes is small, you might catch some tropical storms during that time.
What a stunning location! The Caribbean islands are so magical and the beaches look like heaven!
To make a short recap of what I’ve talked about today. This post will offer you a carefully curated list of the top hotels and best areas where to stay in St. Lucia. You will also find a bonus with the best all-inclusive resorts on the island.
I know there are so many options of places to stay on the island, so in case you need a bit of extra help with picking the right one here are my top 2 favorite hotels in St. Lucia, both located in Gros Islet:
- The Landings – A luxury resort that has a beautiful private beach area
- Bay Gardens – A great hotel just next door to Reduit Beach
Just remember that all these accommodations and luxury hotels in Saint Lucia will sell out super fast so I highly recommend booking yours in advance!
Have a great trip to Saint Lucia! I’m sure you’ll have fun trying all the water sports, chilling in your own private infinity pools or in the plunge pool, and partying every Friday night in Gros Islet!
If you have any other questions about Saint Lucia or the hotels, leave me a comment below and I’ll make sure to answer it ASAP!