Can you think of anything better than a tropical holiday in the Carribeans where the water has a surreal blue color and beaches have powdery white sand lined with gorgeous palm trees? Turks and Caicos will give you an unforgettable holiday and I assure you will have the most impressive Instagram photos!
Even though it is quite far away from England, Turks and Caicos are a British Overseas Territory. There are two groups of islands in Turks and Caicos which unsurprisingly are called the Turks Islands (Grand Turk and Salt Cay) and Caicos Islands (Providenciales, North Caicos, Middle Caicos, East Caicos, South Caicos, and West Caicos).
In this blog post on where to stay in Turks and Caicos I will talk about the 3 best areas; Grace Bay and The Bight Settlement that are located on Providenciales in the Caicos Islands, and Grand Turk Island/Cockburn Town. These areas not only have the best beaches but also have the best hotels.
While there are quite a few islands that makeup Turks and Caicos, there are not a lot of hotels outside of these main ones. As many visitors do, you can always take ferries or join boat tours to go island hopping and discover some amazing diving spots.
As I said earlier there are limited good accommodation options in Turks and Caicos so you have to be quick and make a reservation in advance to catch the best hotels that I handpicked for you!
Shall we start discovering the paradise islands, Turks and Caicos?
- If you are in a hurry
- 1. Grace Bay – where to stay in Turks and Caicos for the first time
- 2. The Bight Settlement – where to stay for local experiences
- 3. Grand Turk Island & Cockburn Town – best place to stay for culture
- BONUS: The best all-inclusive resorts in Turks and Caicos
- Frequently asked questions about Turks And Caicos
If you are in a hurry
Here are the best places where to stay in Turks and Caicos with the top hotels from luxury to budget. They all have good reviews and a great location on the island!
Grace Bay Club
Best luxury hotel
Inn by the Beach
An Airbnb with amazing reviews
Windsong on the Reef
Best value for money
Villa del Mar
Best affordable accommodation in the center
Here is a map about where to stay in Turks and Caicos with the 3 best areas I will be talking about in this travel guide so you can easily visualize their location on the island:
1. Grace Bay – where to stay in Turks and Caicos for the first time
Grace Bay is the most popular area in Turks and Caicos and where you should stay on the island if you are visiting for the first time. I am sure you are dreaming about beautiful beaches with powdery sand and turquoise-colored water (who isn’t?). Grace Bay is the place that offers amazing pristine beaches, nice Caribbean restaurants as well as the best beach resorts, so start to prepare your swimsuits and sunscreen!
The first thing you should do is to hit Grace Bay Beach and enjoy the spectacular scenery. If you are into watersports you will have so many options such as scuba diving, snorkeling, and jet skiing. When it is time for sunset, pick one of many local restaurants in Grace Bay and enjoy delicious Caribbean food with a view.
Grace Bay has the best hotel options on the island and I’ve already picked the top 4 for you. If you don’t want to miss them be quick to make your reservation. And if you are looking for more pristine beaches I suggest checking out the best places to stay in the Bahamas (there are some amazing resorts there too)!
Let’s have a look at the best places to stay in Grace Bay:
Located right on Grace Bay Beach, this luxury hotel has the best location in the town and an amazing private beach. There is a fitness center, tennis courts, an infinity pool and a spa with a hot tub. With its spacious rooms and water sports activities, it is also a great place for a family vacation. Long Beach is within walking distance and the Providenciales International Airport is just 15 minutes drive.
Other accommodation in Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos
This beachfront hotel has spacious rooms with ocean views, a swimming pool, and restaurants and shops that are only a stone’s throw away
Located near Long Beach, this hotel offers a comfortable guest room, a swimming pool, on-site parking, and free wifi
This Airbnb has the best location on Grace Bay Beach and offers spacious rooms, a swimming pool, free wifi, and a large terrace
Since this is the most popular place to stay in Turks and Caicos and the hotels I gave you above are the best of the best ones, they may fill up super quickly. For those who want to have more options here are some other great hotels in Grace Bay:
- Luxury: The Tuscany Grace Bay – This 5-star hotel offers luxury accommodation with Caribbean Elegance. You will love the hotel rooms with an amazing ocean view and a private balcony. There is also a fully-equipped fitness center, a large swimming pool, a spa, and free parking plus the town’s best restaurants are just a stone’s throw away.
- Mid Range: Seven Stars Resort & Spa – The beautiful Seven Stars Resort suits every travel style with its comfortable rooms, beautiful private beach, water sports activities, and an on-site bar. In the morning you can enjoy a very good breakfast and pamper yourself at the spa with a massage by the pool.
- Budget: The Oasis at Grace Bay – This hotel has a private beach where you can have cocktails on the powdery sand, 2 swimming pools, free parking, and is just 8 miles (12 km) away from Providenciales International Airport. All the hotel rooms have a private balcony and there are even some room options with a private pool.
- Airbnb: Modern Condo, Pool – This Airbnb offers a very nice swimming pool, spacious rooms with modern amenities, a fully furnished kitchen, and free parking. You can enjoy beautiful views from your private balcony and chill on the sun terrace. If you feel like exploring culinary delights gourmet restaurants are just around the corner.
Things to do in Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos
- Take a golf lesson at Provo Golf Club
- Have traditional fish fry with a nice view at Infiniti Restaurant
- Test your luck at Casablanca Casino
- Visit the amazing Princess Alexandra National Park
- Take a ferry to discover other islands such as Parrot Cay
- Grab snacks and drinks at Hemingway’s on the Beach
- Go diving at Coral Gardens Reef
- Enjoy the white sand and crystal clear water at Grace Bay Beach and Long Bay Beach
2. The Bight Settlement – where to stay for local experiences
The Bight Settlement is located 5 miles (8 km) east of Grace Bay and is a very charming town where you can find stunning beaches, incredible diving spots, and local seafood restaurants. Once you step into the Bight Settlement you will feel the Caribbean vibe for sure from the first second!
Start your day heading to amazing Turtle Cove and enjoy suntanning on the white sand beach and crystal clear water. If you want a more local atmosphere, go to Bright Park and enjoy the beautiful views. Here you should also try the famous fish fry in local restaurants and check out the live music jams on Thursday nights. Does it sound interesting?
The Big Settlement is a great alternative to Grace Bay for those who want to stay in a more laidback area with a local vibe but still have the luxury of a nice hotel. As I’ve mentioned before there are limited hotel options and since the ones I’ve chosen are the best of the best you should make a reservation in advance to catch them.
If you haven’t made up your mind about which Caribbean destination to choose, I recommend you also check out the best places to stay in the Dominican Republic. But now, here are the best accommodation options in The Bight Settlement:
This all-Inclusive hotel is the best hotel to stay in The Bight Settlement with its luxury facilities. There are 2 swimming pools, a large private beach, a free airport shuttle to the Providenciales International Airport, a spa, and a kid playground for you to enjoy. I love the spacious suite rooms that have upscale amenities and spectacular ocean views. You can enjoy water sport activities and have cocktails by the pool plus the famous beaches Turtle Cove and Long Bay Beach are just a short drive.
Other options in The Bight Settlement
Centrally located in The Bight Settlement this hotel has a private beach, a swimming pool, comfortable rooms, and free wifi
Sibonne Beach Hotel offers rooms with ocean views, a swimming pool, a private beach, an on-site restaurant, and private parking
This Airbnb has a central location in The Bight Settlement and offers spacious rooms, a large garden area, and a kitchen
Things to do in The Bight Settlement
- Go snorkeling at Smiths Reef and try to spot hawksbill turtles
- Have mouth-watering food at Steele and Mr. Grouper’s Restaurant
- Spend time at the stunning Turtle Cove
- Have dinner at Sharkbite Bar & Grill
- Take a pint with ocean views at Somewhere Café and Lounge
- Visit the Turks and Caicos National Museum
- Have a good cafe and desserts at Cafe de Paris
- Enjoy the white sand and try fish fry in local restaurants on Thursday night at The Bight Park
3. Grand Turk Island & Cockburn Town – best place to stay for culture
Grand Turks Island is located in the southeastern part of Turks and Caicos and has one of the best beaches on the island. If you want to spend most of your holiday on white-sand beaches, diving in the epic spots, and enjoy water sports activities as well as having the option to enjoy a local city you will love Grand Turks Island!
Grand Turks Island is also home to Turks and Caicos’s capital city Cockburn Town. Thanks to this you will find many shops, historical buildings whose architecture dates back to the colonial era, and great seafood restaurants in Cockburn Town. So by staying here, apart from beautiful beaches you will also have the chance to explore the interesting culture here. How convenient is that, right?
A large majority of people who visit Grand Turk Island arrive by cruise ship but if you want to visit on your own you can easily take a flight from the Providenciales International Airport near the Bight Settlement to Aeroportul JAGS McCartney in Cockburn Town.
Now, let me talk about the best places to stay in Grand Turk Island & Cockburn Town that are right on the beach or just within walking distance, if you’re looking for more, check out our post dedicated to Grand Turk.
This luxury Airbnb in Grand Turk Island offers beachfront accommodation with an amazing private beach and views. I love the epic swimming pool overlooking the ocean surrounded by palm trees. There are 3 spacious bedrooms, a fully furnished kitchen, free wifi, and a nice garden where you can chill on the hammock on your private terrace and watch the amazing scenery.
Other accommodation options in Grand Turk Island
Centrally located in Cockburn Town this hotel offers a private beach, water sport activities, spacious rooms, and free wifi
Osprey Beach Hotel is the best hotel in Cockburn Town for budget travelers that has a swimming pool, private beach, and comfortable rooms
This Airbnb offers a fully furnished kitchen, spacious rooms, bike rentals, a private garden, and free parking
Things to do in Grand Turk Island
- Visit Her Majesty’s Prison Museum
- Go whale watching at Salt Cay
- Spend time at the white sand Governor’s Beach, and Pillory Beach
- Go diving with the Humpback Dive Shack
- Have delicious seafood at Emily’s Fish Fry
- Go to the Historic Lighthouse Grand Turk and check out beautiful views
- Visit the Crofton Coverley House
- Swim in the crystal clear water at Bajari Beach Club
|👑 Luxury price:||$800|
|💵 Mid Range:||$500|
|📍Best area:||Grace Bay|
|👨👩👧👦 Best area for families:||Grace Bay|
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:||Grace Bay Club|
|🧳 Best mid-range hotel:||Windsong on the Reef|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||Villa del Mar|
BONUS: The best all-inclusive resorts in Turks and Caicos
Turks and Caicos are famous for their all-inclusive hotels where all meals and drinks are included in the accommodation price. These resorts are also so convenient for a family vacation as you will have so many food options and will not need to think about the cost or even bother about finding a restaurant every day.
Here are the best all-inclusive resorts in Turks and Caicos, given that they include all your expenses during the trip they are going to be a little more expensive than other hotels on this list so to help you pick the right one for you they are sorted from the highest price to the lowest.
- Blue Haven Resort – Located in Grace Bay, this luxury resort offers a stunning private beach, a swimming pool, spacious rooms with an ocean and pool view, an upscale spa, and free wifi. You can have unlimited premium drinks by the pool bar and enjoy meals at the gourmet restaurant.
- Alexandra Resort – This beachfront resort in Grace Bay features a white sand beach, a glamorous swimming pool, a full-service spa, and comfortable rooms with a private balcony. You can have delicious foods and a great selection of cocktails at the on-site restaurant and use tennis courts and water sports equipment such as kayaks and paddleboards for free.
- The Palms Turks and Caicos – This all-inclusive hotel in Grace Bay has a private beach, a swimming pool, a luxurious spa, family rooms, and free wifi. All the hotel rooms have a private balcony and modern amenities. There are 2 on-site restaurants where you can have food from the Caribbean and international cuisines with a nice view.
- Ports of Call Resort – Centrally located in Grace Bay, this resort features a swimming pool, a kid pool, a private beach, a spa, and free parking. You will love the spacious hotel rooms that have a garden or pool view with great amenities and the breakfast with a great selection of fresh products.
Frequently asked questions about Turks And Caicos
🗺️ What is the best place to stay in Turks and Caicos?
🦈 Are there sharks in Turks and Caicos?
Yes, but it is not common to see them on the beaches as they can be seen in the open water only so you can safely swim.
🛎️ What are the best all-inclusive hotels in Turks and Caicos?
👨👩👧👦What are the best resorts for families in Turks and Caicos?
🤔 How long can you stay in Turks and Caicos without a visa?
For most passports, you can stay 90 days in Turks and Caicos without a visa.
📷 What should I not miss in Turks and Caicos?
Here are some of the best tourist attractions you should not miss in Turks and Caicos:
● Grace Bay Beach
● Turtle Cove
● The Smiths Reef
● Long Bay Beach
● The Turks and Caicos National Museum
● Princess Alexandra National Park
● Coral Gardens
● The Historic Lighthouse Grand Turk
Unfortunately, our island tour in Turks And Caicos ends here. I hope this blog post on where to stay in Turks and Caicos helped you to find your dream hotel and you’ve already started packing your summer essentials!
No matter where you chose to stay in Turks and Caicos I am sure you will have a great time as the island’s white-sand beaches cannot disappoint anyone! Like many visitors, you can also take a ferry to other islands in the North and Middle Caicos such as Parrot Cay to discover more beaches.
Since there are limited hotel options in Turks And Caicos and it is a popular holiday destination do not forget to make a reservation in advance to not miss your favorite hotel!
If you still can’t decide which hotel to pick let me sum up. Here are my 2 favorite hotels in Turks and Caicos that have a very convenient location on the island and amazing reviews!
- Grace Bay Club – a luxury hotel with a private beach, spa, and infinity pool
- Windsong on the Reef – a lovely mid-range hotel with a private beach, swimming pool, and comfortable rooms
Enjoy every minute of your holiday in the Turks and Caicos islands and please do leave a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions about Turks and Caicos. I will gladly leave a reply!
Have a great time in Turks and Caicos,
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!