With its dreamy white sand beaches, stunning nature, 22 miles of bike paths, and slower pace of life, Sanibel Island, facing the Gulf of Mexico, is one of the most loved holiday destinations in Florida, especially by families!
The best way to spend your holiday here is to rent one of the amazing Sanibel Island cottages. But the island hosts so many cottages that it is hard to choose the right one for your travel needs and budget… Well, good news, I’ve already done the job for you!
From beachfront cottages to family-friendly options and romantic getaways for couples, here you have all the possible accommodations in Sanibel Island, Florida, ordered by price range from luxury to budget, so there’s really something for any taste!
P.S: When you find the best cottage for your vacation on Sanibel Island, make sure you book it as soon as possible, or you could lose the spot! Places sell out super fast in this paradise!
Which one will you choose? There’s only one way to find it out: let’s start!
If you are in a hurry
If you don’t have time to read the whole post, and you need to book now, check out the best Sanibel Island cottages for each budget range below:
- Best luxury cottage – Beachview Cottages
- Best value for money – Shalimar Cottages And Motel
- Best affordable accommodation in the center – Seahorse Cottages
Check out this map of Sanibel Island, Florida, to know where all the cottages I’ll be talking about in this post are located:
Luxury (US$400 and up)
- South Seas Gulf Cottage 1106 – Located in Captiva, the northern part of Sanibel Island, this large beachfront cottage is perfect for a big family vacation or a group of friends, hosting up to 8 people! Here you’ll gaze at breathtaking gulf-front views directly from your room, prepare delicious meals in a fully equipped kitchen, or just chill at the outdoor pool. And just a short drive away you will find many shops and restaurants!
- Beachview Cottages – This is the ultimate beach cottage getaway, situated right on the beach in the middle of Sanibel Island, precisely on West Gulf Drive, one of the best areas to stay in Sanibel Island! Beachview Cottages are not only just steps away from the white sand but have screened porches and access to great restaurants, shopping, and beach bars. And some of the colorful cottages are even pet-friendly, so you can really bring the whole family!
- Gulf Breeze Cottages – The Gulf Breeze Cottages are perfect for a family vacation on Sanibel Island, offering access to many activities! In fact, nearby you can check out beautiful natural attractions, ride on the famed Sanibel bike paths, visit some historical sites, go shopping, play golf, and much more. The cottages can host from 2 to 6 people, so they’re great also for couples. Check them out!
Mid Range (US$250 – US$400)
- Shalimar Cottages And Motel – Located just steps away from Sanibel Shelling Beach, this Florida-style resort offers amazing views of the Gulf of Mexico and great guest facilities! Staying in these colorful Sanibel Island cottages means you’ll have access to complimentary bicycles and kayaks, shuffleboard, a basketball court, and an outdoor heated pool… perfect for a family vacation!
- Anchor Inn and Cottages – These are some of the best Sanibel Island cottages, located 10 minutes’ walk from the beach and offering pet-friendly accommodations. The beach-themed cottages have a small patio, fully equipped kitchens, and access to bicycle rentals, so you can visit the island on 2 wheels! Located on-site, there are also picnic areas, shuffleboard tables, and horseshoe pits for some family fun!
- Island Inn – Check out these incredible Sanibel Island cottages, offering everything you need for a vacation with a family or friends! Located on 10 acres of land on Sanibel Island, these cottages offer access to a private beach, tennis courts, an outdoor pool, and an on-site restaurant. The Island Inn’s private beach is perfect for swimming and guests can enjoy shuffle boarding, sailing, or kayaking… What else can you ask for?
Budget (up to US$200)
- Colony Inn – Are you going on a family vacation in Sanibel, Florida, but you want to stay on a budget? Then check out these Sanibel Island cottages, offering direct beach access and a heated freshwater pool with a sun terrace. All the cottages feature a fully equipped kitchen, a screened-in patio with views of the garden, and barbecue facilities… you will feel at home!
- Tarpon Tale Inn – Whether you’re going to Sanibel, Florida, with your special one, or with the family, you will love these cottages within walking distance to the best beaches on the island. The cottages themselves are very cozy and offer all the comforts of a home such as a seating area, a private bathroom, a kitchen, and coffee facilities to start your day well!
- Seahorse Cottages – Adults Only – Seahorse Cottages are located in a quiet part of Sanibel, Florida, toward the famous Lighthouse. Here you’ll have access to everything you need like complimentary bicycles, sand chairs & beach towels, hammocks where you can relax, a small heated pool, and gas grills to cook the best dinners… all this at very affordable prices!
|👑 Luxury price:||$400|
|💵 Mid Range:||$300|
|🌊Cottages with a view||South Seas Gulf Cottage 1106|
|🏖️ With a private beach||Island Inn|
|☀️Best time to go:||December – April|
|🛎️ Best luxury cottages:||Beachview Cottages|
|🧳 Best mid-range cottages:||Shalimar Cottages And Motel|
|👛 Best budget cottages:||Seahorse Cottages|
FAQs about Sanibel Island Cottages
🏡 Which are the best cottages in Sanibel Island, Florida?
👪 Which are the best cottages on Sanibel Island for a family vacation?
🏝️Is it better to stay in Captiva Island or Sanibel, Florida?
The two islands, Sanibel and Captiva, are both quiet spots with great shorelines, but Sanibel has better shelly beaches, and Captiva’s dining options are more eclectic! So it depends on your taste.
🏖️ What are the best things to do in Sanibel Island, Florida?
The best things to do in Sanibel Island, Florida, include relaxing on its beautiful beaches, riding the 22 miles of bike paths, fishing, kayaking, or exploring the surrounding islands
Here we are at the end of this travel guide with the best Sanibel Island cottages for different tastes and budgets… I hope it helped you find what you were looking for!
If you are still undecided on which is the best option for your holiday, here are my 2 favorite cottages on the island offering great value:
- Beachview Cottages – This is the ultimate beach cottage getaway, situated right on the white beach, in the middle of Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Cottages And Motel – Located just steps away from the beach, these Florida-style cottages offer amazing views on the Gulf of Mexico!
If you like them as much as I do, make sure you book something immediately, so you can secure yourself a spot!
I hope you enjoyed reading this post and if you have any questions about Sanibel Island, please leave them in the comments below, I look forward to answering you!
Have an amazing holiday!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!