Beauty, nature, and scenic beaches! You can’t go wrong with the Oregon Coast, this magical land is so charming that you’ll never want to leave it! Known as a great place for surfing and other outdoor activities, this area is a dream destination for all types of travelers!
The best area where to stay on the Oregon Coast is Pacific City! It’s filled with mesmerizing beaches, great hotels, and plenty of activities! But of course, there are many other places that cater to different interests like beach lovers, families, outdoor enthusiasts, relaxation, and budget travelers. So in this post, I will give you options in 5 more towns; Cannon Beach, New Port, Gold Beach, Rockaway Beach, and Astoria.
Since this is such a large area with lots of things to see, I’ve included 2 bonus sections as well. This first one has the top oceanfront lodgings and hotels on the Oregon Coast, and the second one has the best campgrounds and RV parks for those looking for adventure!
Whatever you decide to book, do it super in advance! Oregon’s coastal area is super famous with tourists worldwide, plus it’s a major surfing destination, so the accommodations here sell out super fast.
I think we’ve touched on all the major points so let’s hit the road!
- If you are in a hurry
- 1. Pacific City – best place to stay for first-timers
- 2. Cannon Beach – where to stay for beaches
- 3. Newport – where to stay on the Oregon Coast for families
- 4. Gold Beach – best area on the Oregon Coast for outdoors
- 5. Rockaway Beach – best place to relax on the Oregon Coast
- 6. Astoria – best place for budget travelers
- BONUS 1: Best oceanfront lodges on the Oregon Coast
- BONUS 2: Best camping grounds on the Oregon Coast
- FAQs about hotels on the Oregon Coast
If you are in a hurry
Ready to book your hotels on the Oregon Coast right now? Then have a look at the list below, it has the top places to stay in Pacific City:
Check out the map below! It will help you visualize all the towns where to stay on the Oregon Coast that I’ll talk about in this post:
1. Pacific City – best place to stay for first-timers
The magic and charm of Oregon’s coastal area are like none other! You’ll find yourself lost in a world with little towns where beach time is basically mandatory!
Pacific City is one of the best places to stay on the Oregon Coast for tourists as it offers a wide range of things to do, great restaurants, and unique hotels, which by the way, I recommend booking in advance because the best ones will always sell out fast in places like these!
Located at the south end of the Three Capes Scenic Route just a 4h drive away from central Seattle, Pacific City, combines the 2 best things for vacations; an urban atmosphere (but not too intense, this is not one of those big cities) and the seaside!
During your time here you can explore the city area, but I’m sure most of you’ll want to simply chill on the sandy beach. This is a great place to try surfing (of course you need to try at least once since the beaches on the Oregon Coast are famous for that), or go hiking!
Enjoy a coffee on the private balcony of your room that overlooks the Pacific Ocean at this amazing hotel with direct beach access. This accommodation has spacious rooms equipped with a coffee machine, a fitness center, a restaurant, and free parking. After a day full of surfing, I recommend you go relax in the hot tub at the spa!
Other accommodation options in Pacific City
Set within walking distance of the beach, this inn offers cozy rooms with a private balcony and free parking
An affordable place to stay on the Oregon Coast that has a garden, a wellness center and free wi-fi
This fabulous place by the river looks amazing, and it has a fire pit, a hot tub, and offers beach access
Things to do in Pacific City
- Relax on Pacific City Beach
- Explore the Cape Kiwanda State Natural Area
- Try the wines at Twist Wine Company
- Go fishing with Haystack Fishing
- Enjoy an oceanfront dinner at Meridian Restaurant & Bar
- See the unique Chief Kiawanda Rock
- Admire the stunning ocean views in Bob Straub State Park
2. Cannon Beach – where to stay for beaches
What a place! Cannon Beach may have to be my favorite as it has the most scenic views, mesmerizing beaches, and abundant nature! What more could you wish for?
Yes, Canon Beach is a unique spot, perfect for anyone who wants to forget all about city life and relax on the sandy shores, go hiking and explore its state parks!
One of the most popular attractions in Canon Beach is Haystack Rock. This 72-meter tall rock emerges from the sea as if it was placed there by hand, becoming a symbol for Cannon Beach! Super cool!
Set just a 2-hour drive from central Portland, Canon Beach offers lots of things to do, and yes, most of them are at the beach.
Places like Ecola State Park and Tolovana Beach State Recreation Site are some of my favorites! There are a lot of spots where you can go to admire the breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean like Chapman Point and Humbug Point.
But if you’ve had enough of the beach (if that’s even possible), head out to the town center, as you’ll find some art galleries and museums where you can learn more about Oregon.
This is such a beautiful property located within walking distance of the beach. The accommodation has a colorful garden and comfortable rooms with a private balcony, free wi-fi, and an indoor fireplace. Plus, guests will have access to different activities like movie nights, horse riding and fishing!
Other accommodation options in Cannon Beach
A beautifully designed hotel near the beach that has rooms with a private bathroom and a hot tub
Set within walking distance of the beach, this lodge has family rooms and laundry facilities
This pet-friendly cottage by the Pacific Ocean offers incredible views, a hot tub, and a backyard
Things to do in Cannon Beach
- Admire the beautiful Haystack Rock
- Check out the art at White Bird Gallery
- Go hiking in the Ecola State Park on Cannon Beach
- Relax at the Tolovana Beach State Recreation Site
- Visit the Cannon Beach History Center & Museum
- Catch a sunset on Cannon Beach
- Take a trip to Oswald West State Park
3. Newport – where to stay on the Oregon Coast for families
Panning a family trip on the Oregon Coast? I bet the little ones will love the Pacific coastline, as much as you will!
While all the little towns to stay on the Oregon Coast feature lots of activities for families, I think Newport is for sure the most suited one as it’s home to the Oregon Coast Aquarium and a few more fun attractions.
Situated in Oregon’s Central Coast region, Newport has lots of places that are perfect for outdoor enthusiasts too, like Nye Beach, Yaquina Head Outstanding Natural Area, and Lost Creek State Park.
What’s more, there is a wide range of hotels in Newport, from luxurious ones to affordable motels as well. You’ll also find plenty of trendy restaurants that serve delicious food! I know variety is super important when it comes to family holidays and Newport certainly has you covered in that respect!
This coastal town is any traveler’s dream with lots of unique attractions and plenty of fun things to do! But let’s check out the best hotels around:
Enjoy a glass of wine by the outdoor firepit while admiring the ocean views at this fabulous hotel. You may not want to leave the comfortable rooms with a private bathroom and charming decor, but during the day you can try different activities with the kids like horse riding, cycling, and windsurfing. And at night, relax on the terrace by the firepit for a fun evening!
Other accommodation options in Newport
A stunning beachfront resort that has modern rooms with a patio, an indoor pool, a fitness room, and a hot tub
This affordable pet-friendly hotel near the beach has a large indoor pool and family rooms
You’ll love this colorful cottage that has room for 6 people, a kitchen, free wifi, and a tv
Newport has so many wonderful places to stay that I decided to add few more hotels for you! I couldn’t keep them all to myself, plus they’re great second options for anyone who’s missed the chance at one of the hotels above:
- Inn at Nye Beach – Catch a sunset by the infinity pool of this oceanfront hotel that has family rooms with a fireplace and a flat screen tv. Offering breathtaking sea views, the accommodation has a gift shop on-site and it offers a free breakfast each morning!
- The Landing – Perfect for families and larger groups, this accommodation offers spacious suites with a small kitchen, a private bathroom, and a fireplace. The hotel also has a spa center and provides many activities off-site like hiking, fishing, and cycling.
- Little Creek Cove – Tucked away between the trees and set right on the beach, this fabulous accommodation offers the best of both worlds: the sea and the woods! Relax by the fireplace or on the private terrace or head out to the spa!
Things to do in Newport
- Take the kids to the Oregon Coast Aquarium
- Explore the South Beach State Park
- Relax on Nye Beach
- Snap a pic of the Yaquina Head Lighthouse
- Play some golf at Agate Beach Golf Course
- Visit the Hatfield Marine Science Center
- Go for a walk on Cobble Beach
- Catch a sunset at Yaquina Head Outstanding Natural Area
4. Gold Beach – best area on the Oregon Coast for outdoors
The whole Oregon Coast is like a paradise for people who love the outdoors! From hiking to surfing and fishing, this region never ceases to surprise us!
Gold Beach is an awesome place to stay on the Oregon Coast for tourists who want to be as active as possible during this trip. Known for its long (and not so goldish) beach, this area on the Southern Oregon Coast has lots of things to explore like the Rogue River Trail!
Right near this area, you’ll find the Cape Sebastian State Scenic Corridor, a state park that’s known for whale watching, so definitely check it out!
One of the most popular attractions on Gold Beach is the Kissing Rock, this famous rock formation brings lots of tourists to admire its peculiar shape and, of course, chill nearby, on the beach.
When it comes to outdoor activities, the entire South Coast (including Gold Beach) is prepared to offer you the best time either by hiking its scenic trails or going on boat rides while admiring the stunning views.
A real-life treehouse? Wow! You can’t miss this charming accommodation, it looks like it is straight from a fairytale! It is beautifully decorated and equipped with all the amenities you need including laundry facilities, a kitchen, and even an indoor fireplace!
Other accommodation options in Gold Beach
This nice accommodation offers comfortable rooms, a fitness center, spa facilities, and complimentary breakfast
Enjoy your stay in Oregon Coast at this beachfront home that comes with a kitchen and a hot tub
A stylish place that has rooms with mountain views, a kitchen, and an outdoor seating area with a firepit
Things to do in Gold Beach
- Snap a pic of the famous Kissing Rock
- Visit the Curry Historical Museum
- Grab a bite at Hunter Creek Bar & Grill
- Take a trip to Harris Beach State Park
- Relax in the Collier H Buffington Memorial Park
- Go on a boat ride with Jerry’s Rogue Jets
- Have fun hiking the Rogue River Trail on the South Coast
5. Rockaway Beach – best place to relax on the Oregon Coast
Looking to do nothing but relax during this trip on the Oregon Coast? Then I recommend looking for a place to stay on Rockaway Beach!
Designed as a resort town in 1909, Rockaway Beach has maintained that status, and it is still considered so as it has lots of things to do and see for tourists including nature reserves and parks.
Nowadays, the town has a laid-back atmosphere, and it’s the place to go for people who want to escape the crowds and enjoy some moments of peace and quiet.
Just like all the towns on the Oregon Coast, Rockaway Beach is filled with sandy shores and breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean. A day on the beach will make you feel like a brand new person since there aren’t many people around and you can relax as much as you want!
Even though it’s a resort town, there are many accommodations in this area, from luxury ones to campgrounds. Let’s check out the best options:
Wake up every morning to a stunning sight of the Pacific Ocean at this Oregon Coast accommodation with room for 8 guests, lots of space, and balconies. The house has all the necessary facilities, including a kitchen, free wifi, and you even have a private hot tub at your disposal!
Other accommodation options in Rockaway Beach
A charming Oregon Coast inn that offers a scenic location near the beach, a kitchen, and rooms with balconies
This pet-friendly place has an indoor pool, comfortable suites with a gas fireplace, and a picnic area
Such a trendy wooden cabin! The accommodation has lots of space, a lounge area, and an outdoor firepit
Things to do in Rockaway Beach
- Go fishing on Lake Lytle
- Enjoy a walk in Tillamook County Park
- Visit the Rockaway Beach Old Growth Nature Preserve
- Explore the Manhattan Beach State Recreation Site
- Snap a pic of the unique Twin Rocks
- Grab dinner at RB Little Store
- Check out their city center
6. Astoria – best place for budget travelers
If you’re looking for an affordable place on the Oregon Coast, stop scrolling for a minute and check this out!
FUN FACT: Astoria has a rich history and it was founded more than 200 years ago!
So it’s not only the affordable prices that make Astoria such a desirable place, this town offers many dining options, attractions, and great hotels for all pockets.
You won’t see beaches here, but there is a cool harbor leading into the Columbia River that you should check out. You will also come across a few museums and historical landmarks like the Astoria Column and the Flavel House Museum.
While visiting Astoria, you can spend your days exploring the town area and learning about its history, so if you’re interested in the past, you’ll enjoy your time here to the fullest! But don’t worry if you’re missing the beach, you can always visit the seaside, which is only a 30 min drive away!
With an industrial, chic design, this hotel offers great views of the Columbia River and rooms with a tub and lots of space. During your stay, you’re welcome to use the sauna to relax after a day of exploring or end the night with a yummy cocktail at the bar on-site.
Other accommodation options in Astoria
Set right in the city center, this hotel has elegantly decorated rooms with a private bathroom
An affordable hotel located in a historic building that offers free wifi, a shared kitchen and a shared lounge area
This colorful apartment has all necessary facilities including a kitchen and laundry facilities
Things to do in Astoria
- Visit the Columbia River Maritime Museum
- Admire the murals on the Astoria Column
- Grab a beer at Fort George Brewery
- Catch a sunset in Alderbrook Park
- Stop by the Heritage Museum
- Check out the architecture of the Flavel House Museum
- Learn new things at Oregon Film Museum
|👑 Luxury price:
|💵 Mid Range:
|💰 Accommodation prices:
|📍 Best area:
|👪 Best area for families:
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:
|Headlands Coastal Lodge & Spa
|💵 Best mid-range hotel:
|Inn at Cape Kiwanda
|👛 Best budget hotel:
|Surf & Sand Inn
BONUS 1: Best oceanfront lodges on the Oregon Coast
Let’s face it, there’s nothing like waking up to the amazing coastal landscape in a place like Oregon! Just imagine sipping your coffee while admiring the vast ocean and the blue sky, while feeling the sea breeze kissing your skin. Sounds pretty good, right?
Well, all this can turn into reality! Have a look at the best oceanfront hotels on the Oregon Coast below, and you’ll find that all of them offer the most amazing sights!
Luxury (US$350 and up)
- The Ocean Lodge – Set right on Cannon Beach near the famous Haystack Rock, this lodge has warmly decorated rooms with a balcony and a fireplace, and some even come with a spa bath! Get ready to wake up to a delicious free breakfast in the morning and then head out to explore Cannon Beach, or if you prefer, stay in and borrow the lodge’s board games!
- Starfish Manor – Fancy your own private spa bath with a view of the ocean? Check out this hotel in Lincoln City that has one! This modern accommodation has spacious rooms with a small kitchenette, a seating area, and my favorite perk: the spa bath!
Mid Range (US$150 – US$250)
- Lincoln Sands – Enjoy your stay in Oregon Coast at this oceanfront resort with a swimming pool and a hot tub. Located in Lincoln City, the accommodation has well-equipped suites with a balcony and a kitchenette. After a day of swimming at the beach, cozy up by the outdoor fireplace and enjoy a glass of wine or a cup of tea!
- Lanai at the Cove – Hop from your bead straight to the beach while staying at this hotel in Seaside, Oregon Coast. The accommodation offers a swimming pool plus rooms with a kitchenette and a private bathroom. You can enjoy breakfast on the balcony along with the beautiful views and then head to the beach every single day!
- The Coho Oceanfront Lodge – How amazing is that outdoor seating area with fire pits and such amazing ocean views? This Lincoln City lodge features a modern west coast vibe and has everything you’ll need for your stay in Oregon Coast, including an indoor pool, a fitness center, a sauna, and a delicious complimentary breakfast!
- Pelican Shores Inn – Just picture yourself sitting comfortably in that soft chair in front of the fireplace, reading a book and admiring the sea views! This hotel in Lincoln City on the Oregon Coast has such cozy decor and rooms with a balcony. Guests of the hotel are welcome to use the indoor pool whenever they want and try as many activities as they can, like cycling, cooking classes, and live music performances.
Budget (up to US$150)
- Deane’s Oceanfront Lodge – If you’re looking for something more affordable near the ocean, then check out this lodge located in Yachats on the Oregon Coast. The accommodation features rooms with a private bathroom and a coffee machine. Guests will have access to a library with DVDs, puzzles, games, and books to borrow.
BONUS 2: Best camping grounds on the Oregon Coast
We all love fancy hotels with all sorts of facilities like a spa and a fitness center. But once in a while, I’m sure you’ll want to escape all that and embrace the wildlife. Luckily, the Oregon Coast is an amazing place to do that!
There are lots of camping grounds around the Oregon Coast, and to help you out a little, I thought I would list some of the best ones here:
- Fort Stevens State Park – Offering campgrounds and cabins near Astoria, this state park is super well-equipped with everything you need from picnic tables to bathrooms and showers. Prices from US$17 for tents to US$100 for cabins. With room for tents and RVs, this campground is for sure a keeper!
- Secret Camp RV & Tent Park – Located near Gold Beach, Oregon, this campground has prices from US$25 to US$50 per day for tents and RVs. While staying here, you’ll have access to free wifi, private bathrooms, and activities like volleyball and firepits.
- Beverly Beach State Park – This Oregon Coast campground is located in a forest between Cape Foulweather and Yaquina Head. Their prices start from US$17 for tents to US$100 for cabins, and you’ll have lots of amenities like bathrooms, a dump station, and picnic areas.
FAQs about hotels on the Oregon Coast
🔝Which are the best oceanfront hotels on the Oregon Coast?
🌊 What is the nicest coastal town in Oregon?
Pacific City is the nicest coastal town to stay in Oregon Coast! This place has lots of attractions, incredible nature, and great hotels like Headlands Coastal Lodge & Spa!
🏖️ What is the prettiest beach in Oregon?
Cannon Beach is the most beautiful beach in Oregon! This place is simply magical, filled with sand dunes and hiking areas. Plus it has some awesome hotels like Inn at Cannon Beach.
🤔 Is Seaside, Oregon worth visiting?
Yes, Seaside is a great town to stay in Oregon Coast with lots of sandy shores and plenty of attractions like the Seaside Aquarium.
Wow, if heaven was a place on Earth, it would definitely look like the Oregon Coast! I’m sure now you’re an expert when it comes to finding places to stay on the Oregon Coast!
We’ve gone through the best coastal towns in the area plus 2 bonus sections with the top hotels to stay in Oregon Coast and some amazing campgrounds. So all your options are covered!
As always, I like to keep my readers as informed as possible, but I know there’s lots of information in this post. If you can’t decide which are the best hotels for you, check out my 2 favorite options, both located in Pacific City:
- Headlands Coastal Lodge & Spa – With a fabulous location right near the beach, this charming lodge has cozy rooms with a balcony and a spa center
- Inn at Cape Kiwanda – A comfortable beach inn on the Oregon Coast that offers ocean views rooms, and many activities like fishing
As I mentioned earlier, I highly recommend booking your hotels in Oregon Coast, super in advance! This location is very popular, and all the good places sell out so fast!
Enjoy your time in this unique location, and don’t forget that I’m here to answer any of your questions. Just leave me a comment below, and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
Pin in for later!
Pin in for later!