Who’s in the mood for some good old, small-mountain-town fun? Hood River is such a paradise for outdoor and nature lovers that you’ll never want to leave! If you’re planning a trip there then this post will be super helpful for you!
In this article, you’ll find the best hotels in Hood River, which I personally hand-picked after searching the web for the ones that have amazing reviews! I’ve also listed them from most to least expensive. And because I felt extra generous today I also added a bonus with 3 unique vacation rentals with a private hot tub.
So don’t run off too quickly!
And before we start, I feel it’s my duty to tell you that although Hood River is not so touristy, there aren’t a lot of great hotel options. So the earlier you book the safer you’ll play, as these ones will disappear quickly!
Let’s get going!
If you are in a hurry
In need of a quick summary of the best hotels in Hood River? Then check out the list below with the top ones:
- Columbia Gorge Hotel & Spa – Best luxury hotel
- Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River – Best value for money
- Riverview Lodge – Best affordable accommodation
I easily get confused by locations in a new place, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. Here’s a map that will help you visualize all the hotels on this list:
Luxury (US$170 and up)
- Oak Street Hotel – A fabulous boutique hotel that dates back to 1909, where you and your family can enjoy the perfect getaway in the heart of the Columbia River Gorge. The rooms come with a very comfortable bed and a private bathroom and guests get to start their morning with a yummy breakfast made with farm ingredients! Get ready for the most delicious pie!
- Columbia Gorge Hotel & Spa – Hood River is an absolute heaven for outdoor enthusiasts! Since most trails are within walking distance you can wake up enjoy a nice breakfast at the restaurant on-site and then head out. This hotel offers complimentary coffee in the morning, and spa services! Can’t beat a nice long massage after hours of hiking!
- Columbia Cliff Villas – Wake up to a panoramic view of the mountains at this Hood River hotel that’s set on the edge of a 64 m high cliff. Most rooms include a small kitchenette, air conditioning, and a gas fireplace. And since Mt. Hood Meadows Ski Resort is only a 40 min drive away, they also offer ski pass vendors. Don’t forget to book your Hood River hotels early, because you won’t find the ones in this list are available for too long!
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hood River – If you’re looking for something a bit more modern then I’ve got just the right hotel for you! Set near the Columbia River this accommodation offers an indoor swimming pool and a free buffet breakfast! All the rooms at the hotel are pretty spacious and they come with free wi-fi and a private bathroom.
Mid Range (US$120 – US$170)
- Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River – Go for a swim in the indoor pool of this Hood River hotel after (your free) breakfast! Your room has pretty modern decor, lots of space and a flat-screen tv to keep you occupied when you’re out and about exploring the scenic trails! Some suites even have a view of the Columbia River, so I’d definitely go for those ones!
- Inn at the Gorge – This unique inn is so cute, it reminds me of all the fabulous boutique hotels in Portland! You’ll feel right at home here, sipping wine on the porch and enjoying the garden views! Plus their rooms are super cozy and most have air-conditioning and a flat screen tv. There’s also a hot tub free for use for all guests, and of course each morning you’ll get a free a la carte American breakfast!
- Best Western Plus Hood River Inn – Set right near the Columbia River, this fabulous hotel offers the most scenic mountain and river views! Just wait until you see the outdoor pool and hot tub (you’ll book it right away). With a mix of modern and elegant elements, this place offers their guests rooms with air-conditioning, a riverside restaurant (perfect for romantic dinners), and a fitness center too!
- Westcliff Lodge – Tucked away between the trees and hills, this amazing Hood River hotel is a dream come true for nature lovers! Wake up to the sound of the birds chirping from your comfy room that offers river views (some even have a spa bath and a small kitchenette). You can enjoy your coffee on the outdoor terrace while admiring the scenic sights and then go off to hike, and try some watersports!
Budget (up to US$110)
- Riverview Lodge – If you’re looking for something a bit more affordable then I’ve got just the place for you (and it even has a spa center)! Featuring comfortable rooms with mountain views and flat screen tv, this hotel will become your favorite place to stay in Hood River!
- Sunset Motel Hood River – Get some bicycles from this hotel in Hood River and start exploring the area! I love a good biking session in a new place, so once you’ve settled in your cozy rooms that have a flat-screen tv and a private bathroom, get ready for some action!
- Hood River Hotel – With an eclectic style and some really nice pictures, this hotel has such a nice lounge area, where guests can relax in front of the fireplace on the couches while enjoying a drink from the bar. Equipped with everything you need for your stay including rooms with comfy beds and air-conditioning, this hotel is definitely a keeper!
|👑 Luxury price:||$170|
|🏨 Mid Range:||$140|
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:||Columbia Gorge Hotel & Spa|
|🧳 Best mid-range hotel:||Hampton Inn & Suites|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||Riverview Lodge|
|⛰️ Top VRBO:||Mountain Cabin|
BONUS: Top vacation rentals with a private hot tub
In a place like Hood River, cabins and lodges are definitely a top option for tourists. There’s nothing like having the entire place to yourself and enjoying all the time you want in your private hot tub (chilling there after doing so many outdoorsy things is incredible).
So if you’re looking for some nice vacation rentals with a private hot tub, I’ve gathered the best options below. Prices start from around US$350:
- Mountain Cabin – Perfect for a group of 6 to 7 people this Hood River cabin offers incredible mountain views, so much space and all the facilities you need! Including a kitchen, a terrace and a hot tub.
- Modern Place – I know other travelers will look for something a bit more modern. This one has a cool contemporary decor and it can fit up to 6 people. The accommodation has a living room area, large windows so you can see the amazing views and a hot tub.
- Mountain View House – Your family or group of friends will love this place that overlooks the mountains and it has room for 8 people. The house comes with a small balcony, a kitchen and a hot tub.
FAQs about where to stay in Hood River
👪 Which hotels in Hood River, OR, have family rooms?
🥞Which hotels in Hood River, OR, have breakfast included?
🏊 Are there places to stay in Hood River with a pool?
⛰️ What are the top attractions to visit in Hood River?
Some of the main attractions that you shouldn’t miss in Hood River are the Columbia River Gorge, Mount Hood and the Western Antique Airplane & Automobile Museum.
I can already smell the fresh air and hear all the cute birds! What a serene place! I hope now you feel more prepared for your holiday. But before you start packing, let’s do a quick recap.
The post has the best hotels in Hood River, plus a list of the top vacation rentals in the area with a private hot tub.
Plenty of options for you to choose! But hey if you need a bit of extra help, here are my top 2 favorite options:
- Columbia Gorge Hotel & Spa – Relax with some of the best spa facilities at this hotel that’s tucked away between the trees and offers river views
- Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River – A modern mid-range hotel that comes with an indoor pool, and a free breakfast
Don’t forget what I said about the hotels though! They will sell out fast since the area is super touristy and there aren’t that many options for everyone.
So don’t wait too long and start booking! And if you come across anything that I missed, just leave me a comment below and I’ll help you as soon as I can!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!