Planning a trip to beautiful Seattle, the largest city in Washington State? Then you’ll need some fabulous hotels for your stay! Also known as Emerald City, Seattle is filled with awesome boutique hotels and I’m here to tell you all about it!
In this post, you’ll find a list of the best unique hotels in Seattle! I carefully picked each unique boutique hotel and I’ve listed them from most to least expensive so you can decide quickly which one you want!
Don’t leave right after you’re done with the main list though because I’ve added 2 awesome bonuses with the best hotels in Seattle with a view and the top unique hotels for families in Seattle!
I need to warn you though! These budget, mid-range, and luxury hotels are some of the best ones in Seattle and although this is a big city, they sell out super fast! Make sure to book your boutique hotel in advance to secure a room!
Let’s get this show on the road!
If you are in a hurry
Ready to book your accommodation right now? Then have a look at this list of the best unique and boutique hotels in Seattle:
Inn at the Market
Best luxury hotel
An Airbnb with amazing reviews
Best value for money
Best affordable accommodation
Check out this map that will help you visualize all the unique hotels in Seattle that I’ll talk about in this post:
Luxury (US$350 and up)
- Inn at the Market – Who’s ready to catch scenic sunsets on the rooftop bar of this fancy boutique hotel! With an ideal location in the vibrant Pike Place Market only a mile from the Space Needle, this hotel offers Pacific Northwest-style guest rooms with modern amenities and large windows overlooking Elliott Bay! You’ll wake up to a stunning view of the city in your comfy beds and be ready to grab breakfast at one of the 4 restaurants on-site!
- Graduate Seattle – Located in the University District, this hotel has fabulous art deco style decor and an amazing rooftop bar called the Mountaineering Club thanks to its stunning views! The guest rooms are super spacious, have comfortable beds, and offer great sights of the city! Plus, you can rent free bikes from the hotel and explore the city whenever you want!
- Hotel Ballard – Seattle elegance at its finest! This unique boutique hotel has stylish guest rooms with a fabulous balcony overlooking the city, a soft decor accompanied by unique furniture, and free wifi. When you’re not out exploring Downtown Seattle you can relax in the spa center, or go for a swim in the indoor pool. End your day with a glass of wine on the rooftop terrace where you can spot the beautiful Olympic National Park Mountains.
- Fairmont Olympic Hotel – This historic boutique hotel located Downtown (one of the best areas to stay in Seattle) right near Pike Place Market, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places! Its spacious suites have French-inspired furnishings and large windows overlooking the beautiful city lights! The old-American-style bar is probably my favorite but I’m sure you’ll also love the indoor pool and spa center. With multiple award-winning restaurants and a central location, you can’t miss out on this hotel!
- The State Hotel – A beautiful boutique hotel with a central location in Downtown Seattle, within walking distance of the Seattle Art Museum and Pike Place Market. This modern hotel has a fabulous rooftop deck that overlooks the water and a fitness center! All guest rooms have a comfortable bed, free wifi, and a private bathroom. Order some room service or head down to the on-site restaurant to enjoy a delicious meal before heading out to explore the city!
Mid Range (US$200 – US$300)
- Hotel 1000 – Enjoy your Seattle mornings in the guest rooms of one of the coolest hotels around! Featuring incredible views of Elliott Bay from the large bedroom windows this pet-friendly hotel is located in Downtown Seattle, within walking distance of the Seattle Art Museum. The full-service spa is at your disposal at any moment when you want to relax and escape the city noise!
- Palihotel Seattle – How awesome is the vintage design of this boutique hotel? Nature lovers will definitely dig its all-green aesthetics. Set on the coast of Elliot Bay and offering easy access to Pike Place Market, the accommodation has a coffee bar and a restaurant on-site where you can enjoy a delicious breakfast with no need to look for new places early in the morning. The guest rooms are decorated with stylish furniture, and all of them have a private bathroom and a flat-screen tv!
- Kimpton Palladian Hotel – Travel back in time to an era of elegance, good manners, and fabulous clothing at this fantastic boutique hotel in Downtown Seattle. End your day of visiting all the attractions with a couple of craft cocktails at the fancy bar on-site, then you can head back to your modern rooms that have such a simple yet chic decor, super cool pop-art pillows and some even have a claw-footed bathtub! In the morning borrow some free bikes from the accommodation and spend a few hours out!
- Hotel Andra – I like the 60’s inspired style of this boutique hotel in Downtown Seattle, it reminds me of the setup of one of my favorite tv shows, Mad Men (definitely check it out if you don’t know it). The accommodation has comfortable rooms with fluffy beds and a private bathroom. Guests are welcomed to work out in the fitness center whenever they want and dine at one of the 2 restaurants on-site. One of them serves Greek and Pacific Northwest cuisine, yum!
Budget (up to US$200)
- Staypineapple – Who cares for pineapples? I love them and from the looks of it, I think this hotel does too! Set within walking distance of Seattle’s Space Needle, the boutique hotel offers complimentary access to an indoor pool and an on-site gym. The tropical interiors will put you in a good mood the minute you arrive! Their original artwork is my favorite plus the colors look amazing. Each room has a private bathroom and a gourmet coffee maker.
- Hotel Theodore – Affordable and oh so cool! I like the fusion of styles (old and new) of this boutique hotel in Downtown Seattle near Pike Place Market, which overlooks the beautiful Puget Sound. If you’re in no mood to leave the hotel then you don’t have to worry, onsite they have the Rider Restaurant plus a fabulous honor bar that looks amazing and is stocked with craft beer! Or if even that sounds like too much, just chill in your comfortable rooms, you can even ask for specialty pillows from the Pillow Bar!
- Ace Hotel Seattle – Traveling with the family to Seattle but on a budget? Then you’ll love this modern hotel in Belltown (just a 30 min bus ride from Capitol Hill). It has such a cool minimalistic rustic style, connecting bunk bedrooms (either to a king room or more bunk beds) which I’m sure the kids will love, a private bathroom, and free wifi. Ace Hotel also has a shared kitchen in case you want to spare a few bucks and eat in, but there are also numerous restaurants and bars nearby!
- Seattle Gaslight Inn – I find American Bed and Breakfasts so charming and this one makes no exception to the rule as it is a recognized Seattle landmark! It’s the super homie and has such a cool design that you’ll want to move here! Set in north Seattle, the accommodation has comfortable rooms equipped with a flat-screen tv and a private bathroom. During the day you can swim in the pool, relax on the terrace or garden and even make a barbecue since you’ve got all the facilities you need!
|👑 Luxury price:||$300|
|🏨 Mid Range:||$250|
|💰 Accommodation prices:||Medium|
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:||Inn at the Market|
|🧳 Best mid-range hotel:||Hotel 1000|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||Staypineapple|
|🌆 Top hotel with a view:||The Edgewater|
BONUS 1: Top hotels in Seattle with a view
Fancy some hotels in Seattle with awesome panoramic city views? Who wouldn’t! Waking up to a sight of the beautiful Puget Sound, making a hot cup of coffee, and drinking it in bed sounds like a pretty good morning to me!
Luckily there are some amazing hotels that offer just that and I’m here to give you all the details on where you can find them!
Luxury (US$350 and up)
- The Edgewater – You’ll fall in love with this place! Offering the most amazing views of the Seattle waterfront from the huge floor-to-ceiling windows, the Edgewater hotel has a fabulous rustic design featuring a spectacular lounge area. The rooms are just as beautiful as they come with a spa bathroom and knotty pine furniture, plus some even have a small sitting area with a fireplace! End your day with a glass of wine and a delicious dinner at a restaurant that serves Pacific Northwest cuisine and offers views of the Puget Sound!
- Lotte Hotel – Just as I mentioned earlier, this hotel offers you the chance to enjoy your coffee in bed while admiring the stunning city views from the ceiling to floor windows in the spacious rooms! After a delicious breakfast in bed, head over to the spa center to relax and unwind. A sauna session can do wonders for someone who’s been on a long flight, trust me! (P.S.: The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service)!
Mid Range (US$200 – US$300)
- Thompson Seattle – This is one of the coolest hotels in Seattle that you would usually see in an interior design magazine! The upgraded rooms are super spacious and they have a cool decor, a type of fusion between modern and elegant that I like a lot including private bathrooms with soaking tubs and rain showers! Plus some pretty big floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook Seattle’s waterfront. Set just a short walk away from Pike Place Market, the hotel also has a rooftop bar, the perfect place to have a couple of drinks and enjoy the Olympic Mountains views!
BONUS 2: Most unique hotels in Seattle for families
Taking the whole family up to Seattle? You’re a lucky group because I’m sure you’ll have the best time ever in the city. But you’ll also need some amazing hotels while you’re in town, and that’s why I’m here to help you out!
Below you’ll find a list of the best family hotels in Seattle for those looking for something a little unique, listed by price so you can choose wisely.
Luxury (US$350 and up)
- W Seattle – Want a funky place for you and the family that’s close to all the attractions in Seattle center like Pike Place Market? Then you’ll like this one, as it has bright, spacious rooms equipped with all the necessary facilities like a flat-screen tv, a sitting area, and tea and coffee makers! Enjoy a nice family breakfast in your room and then head out to explore the city and visit the Seattle Aquarium!
- Motif Seattle – A modern hotel near Pike Place Market where you and the kids can relax and recharge for yet another day of visiting the Seattle attractions! Featuring large family rooms with a flat-screen tv (perfect for cozy movie nights), air conditioning, and great city views this accommodation shouldn’t be missed! End your day in Settle with a delicious family dinner at the on-site restaurant that has a patio as well!
Mid Range (US$200 – US$250)
- The Alexis Royal Sonesta – Enjoy your stay in Seattle with the family at this fabulous hotel that’s set within walking distance from Pike-Pine Market and all the other big attractions. The pet-friendly hotel has family rooms that have a simple design that is super chic and has a small seating area. If you guys are book fans then you’ll love The Bookstore Bar & Cafe, which sells books as well as beverages!
Budget (up to US$)
- Hotel Sorrento – No, we’re not talking about Sorrento in Italy but about this fantastic hotel which is recognized as the “grand dame” of Seattle! Everything about the hotel is so elegant and the wooden aesthetics looks so stunning! Perfect for you and the family, the guest rooms come with lots of space and free wifi. You can also borrow some board games or puzzles from the hotel if you feel like spending a cozy family night in! Or you can head out to the garden and sit around the outdoor fireplace!
FAQs about unique hotels in Seattle
🏨 Which are the best boutique hotels in Downtown Seattle?
Inn at the Market and Fairmont Olympic Hotel are some of the best boutique hotels in Seattle. With a great location Downtown near the Pike Place Market, these accommodations also feature great facilities and have awesome reviews!
📸 Where do celebrities stay in Seattle?
The Edgewater is known for hosting lots of celebrities! Back in the day, the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and Mick Jagger, of the Rolling Stones stayed at this hotel in Seattle!
🤔 What are the best hotels near Space Needle?
Staypineapple (10 min walk) and The Edgewater (20 min walk) are some of the best hotels near the famous Seattle landmark, the Space Needle.
🌆 Which is the best area to stay in Seattle?
The entire Downtown area is one of the best places to stay in Seattle. Here you’ll find all the major attractions like Pike Place Market, the historic Pioneer Square, the Frye Art Museum plus many others, and great boutique hotels like Palihotel Seattle.
How amazing are these unique boutique hotels?
We’ve gone through a list of all the best unique hotels in Seattle, from most to least expensive plus 2 awesome bonuses with the top accommodations with a view and some great unique family hotels in the city.
I know there are so many options in this post but in a big city like Seattle, there is a wide range of accommodations! However if you find yourself at a crossroads, not knowing which one to pick, here are my top 2 favorite ones:
- Inn at the Market – This trendy waterfront boutique hotel is set in the world-famous Pike Place Market which has spacious rooms with retro interiors and a rooftop terrace.
- Hotel 1000 – A contemporary hotel in the Seattle center where you can relax in the spa, read books in the library, and admire the city views from your room
Amazing options right? Seattle sure is one of the best travel destinations! But as I mentioned, it’s super important to book your hotels in advance, otherwise, you might end up with a super expensive room that doesn’t look so great.
Enjoy your time in this beautiful city! If you need some more travel inspiration for your trip check our post with the best areas to stay in Seattle! Or you can just leave me a comment below and I’ll help you with more details!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!