How exciting, you are going on a trip to Moab, right by some of the most interesting national parks in the USA and along the banks of the Colorado River. Get ready for an amazing outdoor adventure as you have a lot to do and see here!
Moab, Utah, is the gateway to not one by 2(!) national parks, Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park. The distance between them is just around 20 miles (30 km) and although Arches National Park is the most famous one, you can easily make a day trip to Canyonland to see the Island in the Sky too as they are both near Moab. Whether you are a hiker, mountain biker, photographer, climber, or sightseer, these national parks are totally worth visiting for all kinds of travelers and the best place to stay near them is Moab!
In this blog post on where to stay in Moab, I will talk about the best hotels from luxury to budget where you can have easy access to the main attractions, national parks and try some outdoor activities. For those who are into camping, there are also some campgrounds near Moab that I will mention here too.
Before talking about them I would like to remind you that Moab Hotels fill up quickly as the town is visited all year round, so make sure to make your reservation in advance. By making an early reservation, you will also be able to get better deals and many of the hotels have a free cancelation too, so don’t worry if you change your mind!
So, shall we start to discover the best Moab Hotels amongst the famous red rock?
If you are in a hurry
Here are the best places to stay in Moab, Utah, with hotels from luxury to budget plus Airbnbs. They all have great reviews and are located in Moab or near the national park!
Under Canvas Moab
Best luxury hotel
Domes at Canyonlands
An Airbnb with amazing reviews
Red Cliffs Lodge
Best value for money
Best affordable accommodation in the center
1. Where to stay in Moab for families
It is always fun to spend time with families in nature and doing outdoor activities together just makes it that much better. As you will be tired enough while discovering impressive landscapes, it is important to find the most comfortable accommodation to be able to enjoy your vacation in Moab.
Here I will give you the top 4 hotels perfectly suitable for families that have great reviews and locations. For those planning to road trip and looking for a new vacation destination that is great for kids, I recommend you check out the best areas to stay in Denver.
Let’s see the best accommodations in Moab for families.
- Hoodoo Moab – This 4-star hotel is located in the center of Moab just 5 miles (8 km) away from Arches national park and 30 mi (40 km) from Canyonlands National Park. This hotel offers spacious rooms that are perfect for families, a nice swimming pool, a fully-equipped fitness center, and free parking. There is even a nice garden and a children’s playground available so you can enjoy getting a suntan while your kids play outdoors making it one of the best options in Moab for families.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton – This hotel is located in Moab town center and offers family-friendly rooms that are big enough for a family of 5 to have a comfortable stay and have a great-sized fridge to store enough snacks to keep the whole family happy! Plus, the full hot breakfast will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. There is also a nice heated indoor pool where you can swim with your kids and easy access to outdoor adventures such as cycling, hiking, and visiting Horse State Park!
- La Quinta by Wyndham Moab – This hotel is just 15 minutes drive from Arches National Park and less than 1 mile (1.6 km) away from Moab town center. For families there is a kids playground and this pet-friendly hotel also allows you to bring your fur friends so no members of the family have to be left behind! All hotel rooms and suites have a microwave and refrigerator and some have enough space to accommodate up to 6 people. In the morning you can enjoy a good buffet breakfast with fresh products and after a busy day, you can relax in the hot tub!
- Hampton Inn Moab – Hampton Inn Moab is just a few miles away from the national park and the best budget accommodation in Moab for families. This hotel offers a nice swimming pool, fitness center, modern family rooms, and free parking. From your room, you can enjoy desert views or go hiking to Dead Horse Point State. The Town center and restaurants are just 2 minutes drive making everything conveniently at your fingertips. What more could you ask for on a stress-free family vacation!
2. Best budget hotels in Moab
Hotels in Moab can be pricey when you want to stay close to national parks. However, I went through all budget Moab hotels and found the best ones with convenient locations and facilities for you. Just make sure to make your booking in advance in order not to miss the best of the best ones! Here you will see the best budget hotels in descending price order to help you pick the best one for you!
- MainStay Suites Moab – This hotel has you covered with a swimming pool, a fitness center, and family-friendly rooms. All of the rooms have a fully furnished kitchen and you can buy snacks from the hotel making it a great place to save some money if you wish to cook for yourself. The MainStay Suites’ location is perfect for hiking and cycling around the national parks as it is just 5 miles (8 km) away from Arches National park and the town center is a 2 minutes drive.
- Sleep Inn & Suites – A great budget hotel in the center of town that features a swimming pool, fitness center, spacious rooms, great breakfast, and free parking. You can chill by the pool or relax in the hot tub after a long sightseeing day and enjoy desert views for affordable prices.
- Comfort Suites Moab – Located in the north part of central Moab, Comfort Suites is just a 5-minute drive to Arches National Park and offers spacious rooms, a swimming pool, a jacuzzi, and free wifi. You can enjoy the lounge area of the hotel with desert views and a fill-up with a free hot breakfast each morning
- Big Horn Lodge – Big Horn Lodge is located just south of the center of Moab and 6 miles (10 km) away from Arches National Park. It offers affordable accommodation in Moab with a nice outdoor swimming pool, comfortable rooms with a coffee machine, and free parking. You can have a good breakfast in the morning and rent a bike from the hotel to discover Moab.
3. Best places to stay near Arches National Park
Unfortunately, there are no hotels inside the park but there are plenty of places to stay near Arches National Park. I will talk about your camping and RV options around Moab and close to the park later on in the post, however, I have found the best hotels with a convenient location to the national park and listed them here in order of descending prices.
As these hotels are the best and closest ones to Arches you have to be quick and make a reservation months in advance in order not to miss them. For those who are already planning the next trip in nature, check out the best places to stay in Yosemite National Park.
Let’s have a look at the best places to find an answer for where to stay in Moab near Arches National Park.
- Under Canvas Moab – Under Canvas Moab is the best place to stay in Moab near the national park for those who want to enjoy the outdoors with hotel comfort. This place offers accommodation in luxury glamping tents with a private bathroom, spa products, free wi-fi, and free parking. You can use the on-site BBQ and have dinner in the beautiful garden. Guests can hire bikes from the hotel to explore the surrounding arches and canyonlands. Arches national park is just 8 miles (13 km) and Moab town is 12 miles (20 km) away.
- Red Cliffs Lodge – Red Cliffs Lodge is one of the best lodgings in Moab close to Arches National Park. This beautiful lodging has comfortable family-friendly rooms with great quality amenities and offers a garden, an outdoor pool, 2 tennis courts, a fitness center, and a spa with a hot tub. There are 2 restaurants at this Cowboy themed resort where you can have dinner with scenic views at night. With its own horse corral, a western film museum, and Winery, it might be easy to forget where you are but Arches national park is just 15 miles (25 km), and Moab town is 17 miles (27 km) away.
- Archway Inn – Archway Inn is just a 5-minute drive away from Arch National Park and 5 minutes to downtown Moab. This beautiful lodging offers modern family-friendly rooms, a swimming pool, and free parking. You can do outdoor activities such as biking, hiking, and rafting or use on-site BBQ facilities with picnic tables. There is also a golf course near the hotel which can be reached within a 15 minutes drive. With its great location and facilities, you will have a great vacation here.
- Expedition Lodge – Expedition Lodge is one of the best lodgings for budget travelers that are located in downtown Moab and is 10 miles (15 km) away from Arch National Park. Unfortunately, there are no budget hotels that are super close to Arch National Park so if you are looking for an affordable place, you need to stay in Moab Downtown. But don’t worry, this place offers a nice swimming pool, rooms with modern amenities, free wifi, and parking. What’s more, you can also easily go to Dead Horse Point state park for hiking and discover the surroundings of Moab in its entirety.
4. The Best Apartments in Moab
I know some of you want to find your home comfort when you are traveling. That’s why I found the best apartments that will make you feel like you’re staying in your own home. All of these 3 places have a convenient location in Moab and great amenities.
- Moab Redcliff Condos – Located 5 miles (8 km) from Moab’s center, this beautiful apartment has 3 spacious bedrooms with great furniture, a fully furnished kitchen, a large swimming pool, free parking, and free wifi. The apartment is big enough to accommodate families of up to 6 people. You can barbecue on your private terrace and have meals while watching the stunning views.
- K&M Country Room – This Airbnb has a convenient location near Moab downtown and offers cozy rooftop rooms with beautiful views. There is a flat-screen TV, fridge, microwave and private bathroom in the house. Free wifi and parking are available too.
- Moab Sweet Suite – This Airbnb is located 4 miles (6 km) away from Moab city center and offers a private house accommodation. There is a very nice garden where you watch mountains and the room has great amenities, a private bathroom, free wifi, and parking. It is a great place to stay in nature and be close to city attractions and national parks.
5. RV Resorts & Campgrounds around Moab
If your main reason to visit Moab is the national parks and you are traveling with your RV or want to go camping instead of staying in a hotel, don’t worry I am still here to help! I found the best campgrounds with a convenient location for you to enjoy the outdoors.
Although in general, you can’t go camping inside of Arches National Park, these campgrounds are just a short drive from the entrance or better yet, located inside a state park! I’ve listed them in order from most to least expensive to help you find your perfect spot.
- OK RV Park – This Campground is south of Moab city center in the Spanish Valley, just 10 miles (16 km) to the entrance of Arches National Park but the surrounding area is also a great place to go hiking and cycling. You can stay with your RV or in a beautiful glamping tipi with a private bathroom and free wifi. At night you can make a BBQ in the camping area and enjoy nature. Within the same campground, you will find FunStays Glamping Setup where you will find tents with beds, furniture, and a private bathroom so you don’t need to carry any camping equipment with you but still get to enjoy the magic of sleeping under canvas.
- Moab Valley RV – This campground is just 3 miles (5 km) to the Arches National Park entrance and offers a very comfortable stay with its great facilities. There are 3 kinds of accommodations in the campground. You can say in cabins, in your RV, or put your tent in the camping area. You will love the amenities here such as a large swimming pool, a restaurant, dog park, and a big chess game area.
- Dead Horse Point State Park – Although Dead Horse Point State Park is located directly east of Moab, it is a 40-minute drive away from the center via the entrance to Arches National Park. Camping fees for RVs are $50 and $40 for tents with access to cooking facilities, toilets, and picnic tables but no showers and limited water so you will need to fill up before arriving. While it’s not technically in Moab, Dead Horse State Park has some of the best campgrounds to enjoy the outdoors. Here you can camp with your own RV or tent but it is also possible to rent a yurt at some of the campgrounds. The different sites spread throughout the state park are suited to all different types of campers so you will need to check the website to see which one is right for you.
Things to do in Moab
- Go hiking and climbing at famous national parks, Arches, and Canyonland
- Take a day trip to Island in the Sky
- Enjoy a trip to Dead Horse Point State Park
- Go mountain biking at Slickrock Bike Trail
- Visit Sand Flats Recreation Area
- See the impressive Corona Arch
- Try rafting on the Colorado river
|👑 Luxury price:||$220|
|💵 Mid-range hotel:||$150|
|💰 Accommodation prices:||Medium|
|📍 Best Area:||Red Cliffs Lodge|
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:||Under Canvas Moab|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||Expedition Lodge|
Frequently asked questions about Moab
🗺️ Where should I stay when going to Moab?
💰 How can I stay in Moab town for cheap?
Big Horn Lodge and Comfort Suites Moab are the best budget hotels in Moab.
🏞️ Where should I stay near Arches and Canyonlands national parks?
🐶 Where to stay in Moab with dogs?
I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post and it helped you to find the best place to stay. In this post, I talked about the best hotels in Moab as well as the top campgrounds for your trip.
I would like to remind you of the importance of making a booking in advance as Moab is visited all year round by travelers thanks to its impressive national parks. This will help you to get better deals on Moab hotels and guarantee to stay in your favorite one.
I know I’ve already given many hotels and campgrounds but to wrap up, here are the best 2 hotels where to stay in Moab with a great location as well as good reviews. I definitely recommend you to stay in one of these if you can’t decide between the awesome options in this list!
- Under Canvas Moab – A great luxury accommodation option in Moab that offers a unique stay experience in a glamping tent
- Red Cliffs Lodge – One of the best hotels near Arches National Park with a wild west theme near Moab town center
If you have any other suggestions or questions about Moab or Arch National Park, please leave a comment below. I’ll be happy to leave a reply to them!
Have a great vacation in Moab UT,