Looking for tickets to Moulin Rouge, the iconic French Cancan cabaret in Paris, but you don’t know which one to choose?
I definitely cannot blame you! The Moulin Rouge offers many different packages for shows, shows + lunch or dinner, and special events during the year, and they are all great options.
In order to help you make up your mind, I decided to gather all the Moulin Rouge tickets in Paris in one handy guide to help you figure out which ticket is best for your budget and travel plans.
I also included some combo tours and alternative shows in Paris, plus some practical information about how to get last minute tickets, what to expect from the shows, facilities in the venue, dress code, and much more… so you have everything you need to know!
Just remember to buy your ticket at least 1 week in advance for normal shows and a couple of months in advance if you want to attend the special events, tickets sell out every night here.
Ready to discover them all? Let’s go!
- If you are in a hurry
- 1. Moulin Rouge Show times and packages
- 2. Moulin Rouge Events: Christmas, New Years & Valentines Day
- 3. Moulin Rouge Tours & Combo tickets
- 4. Getting last-minute Moulin Rouge tickets to a sold-out show
- 5. Alternative shows to Moulin Rouge
- Important things you should know about Moulin Rouge
- FAQs about Moulin Rouge
If you are in a hurry
If you are here just to get your tickets, here are the best links to do so:
- Normal ticket – €110 (Official website)
- If sold out – €122 on Viator
- Skip the line ticket – €210 (VIP Show)
- Discounted ticket – €57 for children (6-11 years old). Entry is not permitted for children under 6
NOTE: Prices change depending on the date and availability of tickets, the tickets prices you will see in the table below are for the 9 pm show with champagne (the most popular ticket).
|9 pm Show & Champagne
|7 pm Dinner Show
|VIP Dinner show
|2:45 pm Matinee show
Why buy in advance?
The Moulin Rouge is the most popular show in Paris, both among locals and people from all over the world, so tickets sell out every night (take into consideration that the place hosts a maximum of 850 people). Tickets sell out at least a week in advance for an average night, and a couple of months in advance for special holiday events.
FUN FACT: you might think that the Moulin Rouge is just a tourist magnet, but actually, fifty percent of its audience is from France!
Also, if you book your tickets far in advance they will be cheaper, as prices go up the closer the the date you book, so this is also a way to save money.
Another reason to buy tickets online in advance is that there are no fixed seats, so they will assign your seat depending on when you buy your ticket!
1. Moulin Rouge Show times and packages
At the Moulin Rouge, shows run every day of the week and there are 3 shows every day:
- 2.45 pm show with optional lunch at 1 pm
- 9 pm show with optional dinner at 7 pm
- 11 pm show only
NOTE: If you are going to attend any show or event with more than 10 people, you’ll need to contact the Moulin Rouge booking service (+33 (0)1 53 09 82 82).
Any package you will choose, you should arrive at the entrance 45 minutes – 1 hour before the time of your booking. Doors close 10 minutes before the start of the show (and there are always a lot of people in the line) and you won’t be allowed to enter after the start of the show. And since there’s no refund policy for the Moulin Rouge tickets, you will lose your money!
There’s a strict no-cancellation or rescheduling policy for all of the Moulin Rouge tickets, so once you book them they cannot be refunded if for some reason you cannot attend the show! So make sure you know you can attend before booking.
1.1 Evening Show – 9 pm, 11 pm
The stunning shows of the French Cancan at Moulin Rouge run twice every night: at 9 pm and 11pm, and last for around 2 hours.
Both shows offer the option to have half a bottle of champagne or wine per person (or other drinks with or without alcohol) included in your ticket for an extra €12 on top of the original price.
NOTE: If you don’t get this package, or you simply want to order more drinks, there is a table service available at the Moulin Rouge, but it will stop during the show. This means it can be kind of hard to order because waiters are always super busy.
If you want to be sure you have table service, check out the VIP package (below), through which you will have your waiter assigned and you’ll be able to order at any time!
FUN FACT: Today, the Moulin Rouge is the world’s largest consumer of champagne, serving more than 240,000 bottles per year: it has even earned a spot in the Guinness World Records!
- 9 pm show – from €110
- 11 pm show – from €103
- Children (any show) -€57. (Entry is not permitted for children under 6!)
1.2 Evening Show with Dinner – 7 pm
With this package, you will dine on delicious traditional french dishes, cooked with local seasonal products, with the sound of a live orchestra, and have a half-bottle of champagne included.
There are several menus you can choose from:
- Toulouse-Lautrec Menu – €205
- Vegetarian Menu – €205
- Belle Époque Menu – €235
- Child Menu (6-11 Years Old) – €117
To know more about what each menu includes, check out the section below about it in practical information!
NOTE: With this option you won’t be able to choose your table and you might be sharing a table of four with another couple if you are just 2 people.
A way to get a seat with a good view would be to buy a VIP package, featuring seats right by the stage, or a show with dinner. To know more about all the tickets and packages available, keep reading!
PRO TIP: To have a better chance of having a good spot, get your ticket the earliest possible as seats are assigned in order of when the tickets are purchased!
1.3 Evening “Vip” Dinner Show – 7 pm
If you want to splurge a little during your Moulin Rouge experience and you don’t mind spending more than the normal ticket price, you can book a “Vip” Dinner Show package, including the following advantages:
- Skip-the-line privileged access (you will still need to go through a security check)
- Free use of the cloakroom
- Better seating
- A VIP MENU dinner with extra appetizers and a selection of macaroons, accompanied by the Moulin Rouge orchestra, at 7 Moulin Rouge
- 1 welcome glass of rosé champagne and ½ bottle of superior champagne or exceptional wine per person, or other non-alcoholic drinks
- The 2h Moulin Rouge’s féerie show at 9 p.m
- Some special surprises!
NOTE: If you are vegetarian or vegan, there is the vegan menu option available, just contact them in advance to let them know you want that!
If the tickets are sold out for your chosen date, check section #4 for your tips on how to get last minute tickets!
PRICE: from €420
NOTE: If tickets are sold out on the official website, you can check out Viator for more.
1.4 Evening Show VIP – 9 p.m
If you want to get some special advantages during the 9 Moulin Rouge show but you are not interested in having the dinner, this VIP pass is for you, including:
- ½ bottle of superior champagne or wine per person, or other drinks with or without alcohol
- Macarons and appetizers
- Priority access
- Privileged seat with a good view
- The 2h Moulin Rouge’s féerie show at 9 p.m
- Some special surprises!
NOTE: If tickets are sold out elsewhere, you can check out Viator for more options!
1.5 Matinee Show (with optional lunch) – 2:45 pm
If you want to attend the sensational Moulin Rouge’s féerie show but you don’t have time in the evening, you can always go for the 2.45 pm show: it is the same one as the one in the evening and lasts 2 hours.
What’s more, the matinee show often has tickets available for longer than the night shows. You get exactly the same experience, but it’s less popular, so remember to check this option out in case you don’t find availability for the night show.
If you decide to go for the matinee show, you have 3 options:
- The Matinee show at 2.45 pm (€109)
- The Matinee show at 2.45 pm with ½ bottle of champagne or wine per person (€119)
- The Matinee show with lunch before hand (starting at 1pm) (€185)
P.S.: If you are vegetarian or vegan, there is still the vegan menu option available, just contact them in advance to let them know you want that!
Matinee show: from €109
Matinee show with Lunch: from €185
NOTE: If the tickets are sold out for your chosen date, check section #4 for your tips on how to get last minute tickets!
2. Moulin Rouge Events: Christmas, New Years & Valentines Day
The Moulin Rouge organizes some special events at particular times of the year: New Year’s Eve, Christmas, and St. Valentine’s day. What better way to celebrate these holidays than attending a French Cancan show if you are in Paris?
NOTE: These tickets get booked out usually around 2 months in advance, so make sure you book them way ahead of time if you want to have this experience!
Let’s check out all the amazing events and ticket options:
2.1 Christmas Evening – 7 pm
How cool would it be to celebrate Christmas by attending a show at the Moulin Rouge? If you agree with me, check out this special package available from the 19th of December to the 3rd of January (except for NYE), that will give you access to:
- Gourmet Dinner with a special Christmas Menu at 7 pm (€235 for adults, €117 for kids)
- Moulin Rouge’s féerie show at 9 pm
- Premium Champagne Or Wine
- Special Gift
P.S.: If you are vegetarian or vegan, there is the vegan menu option available, just contact them in advance to let them know you want that!
2.2 New Year’s Eve « Prestige » Evening – 7 pm
Want to end your year with a boom? Then check out the incredible Prestige New Year’s
Eve Package, available, of course, only on the 31st of December.
With this ticket you will have an unforgettable experience from 7 pm in the evening all the way through to dawn, including:
- 1 welcome glass of champagne rosé, 1 bottle of premium champagne or wine per person, or other drinks with or without alcohol
- A gourmet dinner – New Year’s Eve «Prestige» Menu – at 7 pm, accompanied by the Moulin Rouge orchestra (you can get in from 6:45 pm!)
- Moulin Rouge’s féerie show at 10 pm
- Privileged seat
- Many surprises: greetings and DJ party, photo, gifts + more.
New Year’s Eve « Vip » – 7 Pm
If you want to bring your New Year to a completely another level, you should go for the VIP package, offering the following extra advantages compared to the normal Package (the main differences from the earlier option are the special menu and bottle of champagne!).
- VIP Special dinner
- VIP seats, with even better views
- 1 bottle of exceptional champagne (of better quality than regular packages) or wine per person, or other drinks with or without alcohol
FUN FACT: The Moulin Rouge, which opened in 1899, was one of the first buildings in Paris to have electric lights… Now its red lights have become a real icon in the city!
2.3 St.Valentine’s Day
Can you think about a better place to celebrate love than the romantic Paris? Probably not, but within Paris, one of the best places is for sure the Moulin Rouge!
Well, good news for you: the Moulin Rouge organizes an exceptional evening event to celebrate Valentine’s Day with a special Valentine’s menu, available on both the 13th and 14th of February!
Apart from a 5 star dinner at 7 pm, this package includes:
- A unique show at 9 pm
- 1/2 bottle of Champagne Rosé
- A surprise gift from the Moulin Rouge… couples will love that!
NOTE: They usually release tickets for this show closer to the St. Valentine’s day date, so you should check the events section of the official website for more info!
3. Moulin Rouge Tours & Combo tickets
If you don’t have much time in Paris and you want to combine an incredible show at the Moulin Rouge with a visit to one of the best attractions in the city, check out the great combo tickets and tours below:
- Eiffel Tower Dinner Cruise with a Moulin Rouge Show – Have the most breathtaking views of Paris from the Eiffel Tower, then cruise along the Seine River while enjoying a romantic dinner and finish your night with a show at the iconic Moulin Rouge, on this perfect day tour for €265.
- Evening Sightseeing Tour and Moulin Rouge Show: Explore some of the most popular and crowded attractions in Paris (like the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, and the Louvre) from the comfort of a luxury coach on this 5 hour tour, and enjoy a glass of Champagne while watching a famous can-can show! All this for €160.
- 9:00 pm Show with Champagne + City Tour: Combine a 90 minute city bus tour of Paris’ most famous sights (like the Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower, and more) with either a 9:00 pm Show with Champagne (€170) at the Moulin Rouge or a Dinner Show with Champagne (€260) on the same day!
- Palace of Versailles + Moulin Rouge: This combo ticket combines a visit to the iconic Versailles and Gardens with an evening show at the Moulin Rouge (with optional dinner). You can have the 2 experiences on different days, and you will save around €30. The final price depends on which option you will choose at the Moulin Rouge but start from €205.
4. Getting last-minute Moulin Rouge tickets to a sold-out show
If you don’t book your ticket for any Moulin Rouge show at least 1 or 2 weeks in advance (or some months in advance for special events), they will most likely be sold out!
Well, there’s no need to panic just yet as there are a few ways to still hunt for tickets for a sold-out show.
1. Check alternative ticket websites
If you can’t find tickets on the official site for your chosen date, there is still hope. Trusted ticket resellers like GetYourGuide, Viator, and Klook often still have tickets available for the majority of shows, even after being sold out on the official site. What’s more, the tickets are more or less the same price!
Viator and GetYourGuide are the ones with more options, offering tickets for special events like Christmas (but in this case, you will also have to make sure to book them far in advance!).
NOTE: Unfortunately, buying tickets at the gate for the same night is basically impossible, so, unless you are flexible with your travel dates, ticket resellers are your only option!
2. Book a combo ticket
If even all the ticket resellers are sold out of normal entry tickets for your chosen dates, you can look at combo tickets. These are not as popular as the single entry tickets since it combines more than one attraction, but that means that they might still have some available!
The one with the best value for the money is for sure the Palace of Versailles + Moulin Rouge combo, combining a visit to the iconic Versailles and Gardens with an evening show at the Moulin Rouge (with optional dinner) for about €205 (you’ll save €30!), but check out section #3 for more options.
3. Attend a matinee show
Even though you get exactly the same experience as during the nighttime show, the matinee show is less popular, so it often has tickets available for longer than the night shows. This means you could find availability for this option in case all the night shows for your chosen date are booked out!
5. Alternative shows to Moulin Rouge
What do you do if you cannot find availability for a Moulin Rouge show and you are not flexible with your travel date (or if you just want to see another performance during your time in Paris)?
Well, there are many other incredible Cabaret shows in the French capital that are as good as the Moulin Rouge (just less known). I gathered the best ones in the list below, check them out:
- Crazy Horse Cabaret Show: Watch the most sensual dancers in the world performing at the world-renowned Crazy Horse Paris with many incredible visual effects, at 10.30 pm. This show is entirely focused on femininity, lasts about 1.5h, and costs €110 (and up, depending on your chosen day).
- Paradis Latin Cabaret Show: Experience a new Cabaret show (at 9 pm), with amazing performances of dancers, comedians, singers, and international attractions, and live commentary in English/French. You can book this 1.5h experience with or without Champagne, and prices start from €80.
- Lido de Paris Night Show: Attend this 1.5-hour sequin-studded spectacle at the prestigious cabaret venue Lido de Paris, in the heart of Boulevard Champs-Elysees (note that the performance contains partial nudity!). The show runs at 11 pm and also includes half a bottle of Champagne, from €80.
Important things you should know about Moulin Rouge
1. How far in advance do you need to buy your tickets
Book your ticket in advance for the Moulin Rouge is absolutely necessary if you want to find a spot: tickets for shows sell out every night, and the place hosts a maximum of 850 people… this means it is almost impossible that you can buy a ticket for the same evening.
Also, if you book your tickets a month in advance, they will be cheaper – prices go up as you get to your chosen date… so take this into consideration if you want to save some money!
2. What to expect from a Moulin Rouge show
I don’t want to spoil anything about your future experience, but if you have never seen a cabaret show, you probably don’t know what to expect, especially in such a special venue like the Moulin Rouge.
This emblematic Parisian cabaret blows in a whirlwind of feathers, rhinestones, and sequins, and it will take you on a truly enchanting journey with many surprises, moments of exception, and wonderment.
In fact, even if The Moulin Rouge is known mainly for beautiful girls dancing the French cancan, you will see talented acrobats, magicians, and even exotic animals on stage!
Did you know that The Moulin Rouge Cancan entered the Guinness Book of World Records? In 2014, to celebrate the cabaret’s 125th anniversary, the Moulin Rouge dancers did 29 consecutive kicks in 30 seconds, can you believe that?
The stage hosts some of the most talented artists from all over the world, and through the years, it has welcomed very famous personalities like Frank Sinatra, Liza Minelli, Elton John, The Village People, and many more!
Coming back to the current show, it is divided into 4 spectacular acts:
- 1st Act (The Moulin Rouge in the Past And Present): All the artists come dressed up in incredible costumes on stage and perform with the magical “Gardens” of the Moulin Rouge as a set.
- 2nd Act (The Pirates): In this cool scene one of the performers plays the part of a pirate on an anchored boat in Indonesia: when he gets off the boat, he will find priestesses, a Gorgon in her temple, bejeweled women and tigresses… What will happen?
- 3rd Act (The Circus): Well, the name speaks for itself: during this colorful act the Moulin Rouge dancers come to the stage dressed up as clowns, mimes, acrobats, jugglers, and Siamese twins and perform incredible scenes!
- 4th Act (The Moulin Rouge From 1900 To…): This act pays tribute to the women of Paris throughout history to get to a new generation of women, more free and beautiful than ever! The climax of this tribute is the world-famous Cancan, danced today by the Doriss Girls.
Fun fact: The Moulin Rouge once had a back garden with real donkeys and even a giant plaster elephant, hosting a private club inside of it!
P.S.: The Moulin Rouge show is suitable for everyone: families, friends or couples: the only people who are not allowed to attend it are the kind under 6 years old!
Of course, it is still a cabaret show so the main performers are completely topless and the rest of them have pretty skimpy costumes, so take that in consideration if that’s a problem for you or for your kids!
3. When to arrive at the Moulin Rouge entrance
Lines to the Moulin Rouge are always super long, and doors close 10 minutes before the start of the show, you won’t be allowed to enter after that!
This means you should arrive at the doors around 1 hour in advance to line up and not risk losing your ticket and money, remember that there’s no refund policy! Plus if you get in early, it just means you get longer to enjoy the atmosphere!
4. How to get to Moulin Rouge
- Metro: Take Line 2 and get off at Blanche metro stop: the Moulin Rouge will be just across the street! A metro ticket costs about €2.
- Bus: Take bus number 30 / 54 / 68 or 74 and get off at Place de Clichy – Caulaincourt bus stop. A single bus ride will cost you €2.
- Car: There is no on-site car park at the Moulin Rouge itself, but you can leave the car at the Clichy Montmartre Parking, located close to the Place Blanche, a few steps away from the Moulin Rouge. If you want to do that, make sure you book your parking in advance and present your tickets to the car park cashier (prices start from €5 per hour).
- Taxi: A taxi or an Uber ride in Paris costs about €15 for 10 minutes, but prices can change depending on the hours (getting a little more expensive at night).
NOTE: There is a taxi rank just across the road from the Moulin Rouge, so if you want to get a taxi from the Moulin Rouge to your accommodation, make sure you go there and you don’t flag down a taxi from the street. In fact, it is illegal for taxi drivers to pick up customers close to a taxi rank in Paris!
5. What to bring to Moulin Rouge
✅ Tickets: Either have them on your phone for scanning or print them out
❌ Cameras and camera cases: Taking pictures is not permitted at the Moulin Rouge – if they catch you taking a photo during the show, you may be asked to leave and to delete your photos
❌ Backpacks, larger bags: There is a cloakroom for a 2 euros fee (unless you have a VIP ticket, that includes it)
❌ Cigarettes: It’s not allowed to smoke either electronic or normal cigarettes
If you are wondering yourself that, yes, there is a dress code for the Moulin Rouge: they require you to wear a smart dress, so this means you won’t be allowed to enter with shorts, flip flops, sportswear, leisurewear, and sneakers.
7. Dinner dietary requirements
As we saw, there are quite some tickets that allow you to have dinner or lunch at the Moulin Rouge. Since all the dishes are cooked with seasonal, local products, the menu offered will depend on the type of package you will choose.
Let’s check them out one by one:
With this package, there are several menus you can choose from. The courses of each menu will change depending on the season (Winter, Autumn, Spring, and Summer), but this is what you can expect from each one:
- Toulouse-Lautrec Menu (€205): This 3-course menu offers a fish or meat option for each course (you can choose) and includes dessert and drinks
- Vegetarian Menu (€205): This 3-course menu offers a vegan or vegetarian option for each meal, and includes dessert and drinks
- Belle Époque Menu (€235): This menu offer 4 courses instead of 3, each one with a fish or meat option, and includes dessert and drinks
- Child Menu (6-11 Years Old/ €117): This 3-course menu offers kid-friendly meals and fruit juice as a drink
NOTE: When you decide which menu you want to go for, contact the Moulin Rouge booking service on +33 (0)1 53 09 82 82 and communicate with them your choice!
The VIP menu of this package includes 5 courses (appetizers, starters, main course, cheeses, and dessert) with a fish or meat option for each course, and for drinks, includes Mignardises and 1/2 bottle of Champagne or Wine.
P.S.: If you are vegetarian or vegan, there is the vegan menu option available, just contact them in advance to let them know you want that!
This package offers the following menu options:
- Lunch And Show « Matinée » for €185: this 3-course fixed menu offers fish and meat dishes for each course and includes dessert and drinks.
- Child Menu (6-11 Years Old) for €117: this 3-course menu offers kid-friendly meals and fruit juice as a drink
P.S.: If you are vegetarian or vegan, there is the vegan menu option available; just contact them in advance to let them know you want that!
The menu for special events is generally set for each specific evening and is always included in the event ticket price. Generally, it includes between 4-6 courses with 1/2 bottle of Champagne or Wine per person.
For special events there are also children’s or vegetarian and vegan menu options available, just contact them in advance to let them know you want that!
8. Facilities inside/nearby the attraction
- Disabled-accessible entrance
- Cloakroom / Luggage Storage – €2 per item placed.
- Souvenir shop – There is a shop inside the Moulin Rouge, open before and after the show, but if it is very busy, you can also check out the online shop
- Hearing aids – the Moulin Rouge provides hearing aids via WI-FI, so you can fully enjoy the show. Just download the free “Sennheiser Mobile Connect” App from the Apple App Store or Google Play, connect your headphones and connect to the Wi-Fi!
- Nightclub La Machine du Moulin Rouge – this is one of Europe’s biggest nightclubs and is located right by the Moulin Rouge. The venue features 4 rooms spread over 4 levels, offering different kinds of music so anyone can dance the night away!
FUN FACT: The current Moulin Rouge building isn’t the original: the former complex was destroyed by fire in 1915 and rebuilt in 1921 identically apart from the garden with the giant elephant!
|👩 Adult price:
|👧 Kids price:
|🎟️ Skip the line tickets:
|🎤 Top combo tour:
|Palace of Versailles + Moulin Rouge
|🕖 Best events:
|Prestige New Year’s Eve Package
FAQs about Moulin Rouge
💲How much is a ticket for a night show at the Moulin Rouge?
👩 Who can attend the Moulin Rouge shows?
Everyone above six years old can attend the Moulin Rouge shows.
🎟️ How much is a ticket for a day show at the Moulin Rouge?
A ticket for a normal matinee show costs €109 or €119 if you want an extra ½ bottle of champagne/wine per person. You can also pay €185 if you also want to have lunch before the show, with the music of a live orchestra.
👗 Is there a dress code to enter the Moulin Rouge Paris?
Yes, there is a dress code to enter the Moulin Rouge: you need to wear a smart dress, and you cannot enter with shorts, flip flops, sportswear, leisurewear or sneakers.
Here we are at the end of this useful guide about all the Moulin Rouge ticket options in Paris.
We saw packages for normal shows, shows with lunch or dinner included, and special events during the year. Based on your budget and travel plans, there is the right one for you in this travel guide!
Just remember to book your ticket at least 1 week in advance for normal shoes and a couple of months in advance if you want to attend the special events as tickets sell out every night here!
But there is much more in this travel guide, from combo tours and alternative shows in Paris, to some practical information about how to get there, what to expect from the shows, facilities in the venue, dress code, and much more… so you are fully covered.
But if you still have some questions or doubts for me, please share them in the comments below, I will answer you right away!
Have an amazing experience!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!