UPD: October 2017
In this step-by-step guide I will show you exactly how to buy the ticket on a website that on average, will save you 20 EUR, but it can be even more!
So that you know all the alternatives, I am going to describe 3 different ways to buy tickets to Disneyland, France including the one, where you save at least 20 euros from the price on the official website.
Click 1 of the buttons to skip other sections:
1. At the gate
1) The first and the most obvious one is buying your Disneyland ticket at the gate. Currently, the price of such ticket is 88€ per person.
– Is it expensive?
– Well, if you ask me, yes!
And even if you can afford it, why not be a smart traveler and save about 20 EUR per ticket to Disneyland? Read on to see how.
When I was there passing by the crowd, I felt pity for people queuing at the entrance ready to buy very overpriced tickets.
Why would they do it? Lack of information I guess.
Just a bit of surfing the internet (like my website, huh!) and you will be able to save around 20€ per person and at least 1 hour in the queue.
As you might know, I hate queues, and I am quite efficient avoiding them. Read my all time popular post “6 places in Paris with the longest queues, and how to avoid them”, you will understand what I am talking about!
2. On Disney website
Buying tickets on the official website. This option is very straight forward it can also be the cheapest sometimes. Everything is in English and the interface is quite intuitive.
Here is how you do it –
- Go to the official website ->
- Choose the amount of days (1 day or multi days) ->
- If you go for one day, I recommend choosing “1 day 2 parks” option, you are missing out a lot by only visiting 1 park! ->
- Choose your preferred type: MINI (buy during working days), MAGIC (all week except holidays), or SUPER MAGIC (all year long including Christmas, New Years, Halloween etc.) Scroll down for the detailed description of what is MINI, MAIGC and SUPERMAGIC ->
- Press “Book here” ->
- Choose the amount of people (kids have a discount), the type you chose. The price is in pounds because it is a GB website, you can pay in any currency, it will convert automatically ->
- Press “Add to cart” and then “Continue” ->
- Enter your contact information, pay with your credit card, you will receive your ticket by email, hooray!
That is it, just go directly to the gates with these tickets, no need to queue in the cash register!
NOTE: At the moment when the article is last updated (October 2017), the price is 47 GBP for 1 adult 1 day/2 parks MINI ticket (see print screen below):
TIP: Check Disneyland Offers and Packages – sometimes Disneyland in Paris throws crazy promos that are even cheaper than on the website I am going to recommend below!
Which type of ticket to choose – Mini, Magic or Supermagic?
Now, what the hell is all that? Just give me my ticket!
Let me explain, as it might be a bit confusing at first.
MINI ticket is a ticket to Disneyland on working days (usually, the cheapest), MAGIC is for weekends and SUPERMAGIC is for major holidays like Christmas, Easter, Halloween (the most expensive).
That means that if you have a SUPERMAGIC ticket, you can go anytime, also during a normal working day, but in order to save money it is best you plan in advance more or less when you will be heading to Disneyland.
Got it? Let me know in the comments if you have more questions!
You do not have to know exactly when you will be going to Disneyland, which is very convenient, but you should have an idea whether it will be during the work week or a weekend.
Here is the calendar of tickets for 2017 (sorry for the bad quality, this is the best one I could find):
3. On the Ticketmaster website
Ticketmaster is a huge chain selling all kinds of tickets all over the world. You can buy tickets to almost everything through their website, including Disneyland.
Do not worry, it is absolutely official, I have bought ticket to Disneyland through the site 3 times for myself and many more for my friends!
Tickets are cheaper there sometimes, not all the times. It depends on the season and current promotions. I recommend checking both websites – the official one and Ticketmaster before buying your Disneyland tickets. Compare and see which one is cheaper.
The booking is in French, but you are a smart traveler, use Google Translator and you will be fine!
Here is how to buy Ticketmaster tickets for Disneyland:
Go to the website, choose English as your language (it does not fully translate the site though), -> under “Recherche” type Disneyland, and this is more or less what you will see:
As you might have noticed, the prices shrink significantly – even if the official website is working with all the promos they have there!
How to buy your Disneyland ticket online
As this is in French, I will walk you through the whole procedure.
Let’s say we chose the MINI ticket for 1 day.
- Press on the option saying Billet MINI
- -> Choose 1 Jour/1 park (1 day 1 park) or 1 Jour/2 parks (1 day 2 parks).
As I said above, I recommend visiting both parks. The Disney Studio park is small, but it is SUPER cool, it has some amazing rides and entertainments!
- -> Click “Acheter”
- -> Double check again that the type of ticket you chose corresponds with the date you are planning to visit Disneyland
- -> Scroll down to see the price and compare it with the official Disney website.
At the time of the last update, it would make more sense to buy it from the official site as there the price is 49 GDP (~ 58 EUR), and on Ticketmaster it is 64 EUR for the same ticket.
It can go either way, so check it out before!
- -> Choose the number of adults and kids tickets you need. Your kid younger than 3 years old enters free of charge, 3 – 11 years old qualifies as a child ticket, your child of 12 or older needs an adult ticket.
- -> Click “Validate”
- ->You can also opt-in for a cancellation insurance (extra 3€ per person), but I see no reason for that, especially if you are not from the EU, in this case it won’t work
- -> Skip insurance and click “Confirm”
- ->Finally, you will need to register on the site to be able to make a purchase.
- ->Afterwards, the procedure is really simple – you need to pay with your card, afterwards you will receive the tickets immediately by e-mail, you just need to print it before the visit
- -> Congratz, you got your tickets!
P.S. Sometimes Ticketmaster has its own promotions, so it can be even cheaper! For example, I have bought tickets for me and my parents through TicketMaster for just 47€! We came there passing by a huge queue of people buying the same tickets but for 88€.
I hope you will travel smart, my friends! Have a lot of fun in Disneyland!
Got a good deal for Disneyland?
BONUS – Where to stay in Disneyland, Paris
Now as we bought a good ticket for your Disneyland adventure, why not to stay in the area overnight?
It can be a great option for those
- who want to stay till the closing show and don’t want to come back to Paris late at night;
- people who bought ticket access to the park for 2 days or more.
I Have stayed in Dream Castle Hotel and can definitely recommend it!
This first class hotel is located very close to the entrance of Disneyland in Marne-la-Vallée
Dream Castle hotel is a 17th century chateau with decoration focused on the Three Musketeers theme.
From the moment you enter you will feel yourself in the magical atmosphere. Everything evokes that feeling – a concierge dressed in a circus uniform, brightly colored horse sculptures, decoration of your room and all the other details.
As it is a hotel for families, there was a bunk bed for kids in my room. The bunk bed is gently separated from the parents’ bed with a curtain.
There is a gorgeous carousel for kids, a green setting around the hotel to play outdoor, plenty of space and settings to play indoors as well. There is a great show for kids every evening, even an illustrator that will color your kids in all possible colors! There are children menus for breakfast and dinners.
You can send your little ones on an exciting scavenger hunt! A special surprise gift will wait for them at the end of the hunt after they stamp their personal passport given by the hotel.
It will truly make your kids’ eyes sparkle!
There is a beautiful running path around the hotel if you feel like doing some sports in the morning. If the weather is bad, there is a gym waiting for you indoors. Magic circus hotel offers variety of Spa services to relax after the day full of adventures. A bar with the selection of spirits and innovative cocktails is at your disposal as well.
I especially liked L’Occitane body care products that are available to use in your bathroom.
Car parking is provided at the hotel, a heated indoor swimming pool, fitness room, Free Wi-Fi, a free Shuttle bus to the Disney theme park and the TGV Station.
Of course, you can buy your EuroDisney ticket from the front desk, no need to stay in the queue. If you want to save significantly and buy your ticket online, I explained how to do it above.
This 4 star hotel that has all the facilities needed to enjoy your Disney vacation for you and your kids, if you have any! 🙂
HOW TO GET
There is a free shuttle (10 mins) that will take you to the Chessy-Marne-la-Vallee station (TGV, RER A etc.)
Low season can be 100 eur per night (breakfast included) or 125 if you want to stay with up to 2 kids. 180 eur (200 EUR with kids) if you want to stay during Christmas.
This 4 star hotel that has all the facilities needed for you and for your kids, if you have them! 🙂
What to get with you at Disneyland?
I want to thank you for taking the time reading this guide. I hope the information here will be useful for you!
As usual, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask me in the comment section below!
If you want to go to some other amusement park near Paris, check out Parc Asterix. I have been there and described my opinion if it is worth a visit here.
Bonnes vacances! 🙂
Pin for later: