The Hawaiian lands are sacred, and spectacular, and I could go on forever with this list! But most of all, they are indeed just perfect for a romantic escapade, especially Maui, one of its crown jewel islands.
In this post, I’ll help you find the best honeymoon hotels in Maui! After long and well-documented research, I’ve come up with a list of resorts that I ordered from most to least expensive. And I didn’t stop there!
I also prepared 2 bonus sections with some amazing bungalows for couples and the top VRBOs with a private pool!
As always, I came prepared with many options, but still I advise you to book your favorite in advance, as these are the best, most romantic hotels on the island, and they’ll sell out fast!
I sure don’t want to bore you with any other details, so let’s jump straight in!
If you are in a hurry
Can’t make it through the whole post? I’ve got you covered! Check out the short list below, which has the best honeymoon hotels in Maui:
- Best luxury hotel – Montage Kapalua Bay
- Best mid-range hotel – Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort
- Best affordable accommodation – Hana-Maui Resort
- Most romantic bungalow – The Kulani Maui
Maui is a big place! So to help you visualize all the Maui resorts that I’ll talk about in this post, I made the map below:
Luxury (US$1,000 and up)
- Montage Kapalua Bay – Planning a romantic getaway with your partner? Then check out this amazing Maui honeymoon hotel set in Kapalua Bay. The elegant accommodation offers stylish rooms with modern amenities, private balconies, and ocean views! During your stay, you can relax with your partner at the spa center, swim in the outdoor pool and end your day with a romantic dinner!
- Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea – Set right near Wailea Beach, this is one of the most romantic resorts on the island! It has a gorgeous infinity pool with ocean views, an adults-only pool, and rooms overlooking the lush tropical garden! Start your morning with a yummy breakfast at the restaurant and then head to the spa for a couple’s massage or sunbathe on the fabulous Wailea Beach!
- Fairmont Kea Lani – This Maui resort has everything you need for your holiday! Located on Polo Beach just a short walk from Wailea Beach, the luxury resort offers incredible ocean views and villas with their private lanai and in-room spa services like massages that you can enjoy with your partner. The accommodation includes 3 outdoor pools, a golf course, and a private poolside cabana!
- Honua Kai Resort & Spa – One of the top honeymoon hotels in West Maui! Overlooking the Pacific Ocean, this place offers spacious suites with private balconies, 3 outdoor pools, and couples treatment rooms where you can enjoy lots of fabulous massages! There are also lots of fun things to do here, like renting bikes and exploring the West Maui Mountains or heading to visit the famous North Shore.
- Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott – Catch a romantic sunset by the infinity pool of this Maui resort that overlooks the Pacific Ocean! Set on the golden sand beaches, this luxury resort offers a tranquil atmosphere, spa services for couples, and 5 restaurants where you can indulge in the yummiest food! Book your honeymoon resorts in Maui in advance, as these are some of the best ones, and they will sell out fast!
- Grand Wailea Resort Hotel & Spa, A Waldorf Astoria Resort – Welcome to one of the best honeymoon resorts in Maui! This Wailea resort is all about glamor! Set in a tropical paradise, the accommodation features 5 restaurants, a spa, a water park with multiple pools, including an adults-only pool, and 3 golf courses. When you’re not out exploring the North Shore, relax with your partner at the spa or practice beach yoga!
Mid-Range (from US$750 to US$900)
- Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort – A Concept by Hyatt – Still looking for places to stay in Maui on your honeymoon? Then check out this Wailea resort on Mokapu Beach that has beautifully furnished villas with large windows overlooking the ocean or the lush gardens and a private plunge pool or hot tub, where you can relax all day long! Their restaurant features Japanese and American fusion cuisine, so make sure you give it a try!
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua – Another Maui resort that will conquer your heart! Set in Kapalua right by the ocean, this hotel offers 2 championship golf courses, rooms with a beautiful Hawaiian decor, and a 3 level outdoor pool. They also offer lots of fun activities like surfing, boogie boarding, sailing, and kayaking, but if you just want to relax, head to their spa center, which offers treatments inspired by ancient Hawaiian traditions.
- Hotel Wailea, Relais & Châteaux – This Hawaiian Island is filled with great hotels! Just like this adults-only resort set in South Maui, offering romantic dinners in a private candlelit treehouse. Surrounded by tropical lush grounds and featuring breathtaking ocean views, the accommodation comes with suites that have private balconies, a restaurant, a spa center, and an outdoor pool.
- The Westin Nanea Ocean Villas, Ka’anapali – Maui sure has some of the best honeymoon hotels! I especially like this one set near Ka’anapali Beach. The hotel offers all the privacy you and your partner need, spacious villas with ocean views, a spa center, and 2 restaurants where you can try some yummy dishes and enjoy some romantic dinners!
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa – Ready to join some lei-making classes with your partner, enjoy some spa treatments together and spend some romantic times on Ka’anapali Beach? Then book your spot at this Maui resort that has rooms with a private lanai, 2 swimming pools, and 5 restaurants!
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa – Ka’anapali Beach is stunning! And it’s home to some great romantic hotels just like this one! This Maui resort is chic and modern, and it features many facilities like lei-making and hula dancing classes. During your stay, you can enjoy romantic walks on the beach, head to the spa, and swim all day long in one of their 6 outdoor pools!
Budget (up to US$700)
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa – Trying to find a more affordable Maui resort? Then check out this one set at the foot of the historic Black Rock and overlook Ka’anapali Beach. The accommodation offers the perfect setting for your romantic getaway, and it offers an outdoor pool, 3 tennis courts, and fun activities like hula-making classes and scuba diving lessons.
- Lumeria Maui, Educational Retreat Center – This is one of the best honeymoon resorts for yoga enthusiasts and nature lovers! The boutique hotel in Makawao is so charming and is surrounded by the typical Hawaiian gardens! Here you can join classes in horticulture, metaphysical studies, and dance movement therapies! When you’re not busy learning something new, you can enjoy a spa session with your partner.
- Hana-Maui Resort, a Destination by Hyatt Residence – Drinks by the pool with your loved one while admiring a scenic sunset in Hana? Yes, please! This island oasis offers just that and much more! Expect fabulous bungalows equipped with all necessary facilities, massages, and other spa things that will make you feel amazing, yummy food, and plenty of outdoor activities like lei-making classes, horseback riding, bamboo pole fishing!
- Ka’anapali Beach Hotel – Known as Hawaii’s most Hawaiian hotel, this Maui honeymoon resort on Kaanapali Beach is all about offering everyone a truly authentic experience of the islands! Featuring so many activities, dinner theater performances, and hula shows, this place is perfect for your trip! I’m sure you will also love the rooms with stunning ocean views, their outdoor pool, and the 2 restaurants that serve delicious food.
- AC Hotel by Marriott Maui Wailea – Set in south Maui, this stylish accommodation will become your favorite Maui resort! Why? Well, it has it all! Pools, rooms with ocean views and balconies, and other incredible features. I’m sure you’ll, especially like the outdoor infinity pool and the fire pits, which are perfect for a sunset wine date with your partner!
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:||Montage Kapalua Bay|
|🧳 Best mid-range hotel:||Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||Hana-Maui Resort|
|🏩 Most romantic bungalow:||The Kulani Maui|
BONUS 1: Most romantic bungalows in Maui
Now that we’ve seen the best Maui honeymoon hotels, I think we can diversify the menu a bit! Since Maui is such a big island, I decided to add a bonus section with some incredible romantic bungalows!
I’ve ordered the honeymoon resorts from most to least expensive, and the prices start from US$320 to US$580:
- Royal Lahaina Resort – Enjoy all the privacy you need in these amazing bungalows at this Maui resort set on Ka’anapali Beach! The bungalows are equipped with lots of amenities, and some even offer ocean views. Guests will also have access to a spa center, 3 restaurants, 3 pools, and multiple tennis courts!
- The Kulani Maui – Tucked away between lush tropical gardens, these bungalows in Lahaina feature dark-wood furnishings and a tranquil vibe! Enjoy some relaxing mornings with your partner, cool down with a shower outdoors, and then head out to the beach for a fun day out!
- Nona Lani Cottages – Feel right at home in these beautiful cottages in Kihei that have a simple decor, yet they’re so welcoming! Surrounded by fruit trees, the accommodations come with a small patio, air-conditioning, and a seating area. Guests can also join yoga classes!
- Hana Ocean Palms Bungalows – Chic, private, and so romantic! This lovely little cottage near Koki Beach beats some of the romantic hotels in Maui with its charming atmosphere, beautiful surroundings, and stylish furnishings!
- Tropical Romance – Wake up to the sound of the birds chirping at this stunning cottage where the atmosphere is intimate and the rooms are oh so dreamy! Bright and airy rooms are decorated with bamboo furnishings – this place surely beats the nearby resorts!
BONUS 2: Top VRBOs with private pools
If you’re not a fan of the classical Maui honeymoon type of resort, fear not! The bonus section above and this one will definitely help you find the perfect place for you! Here you’ll find a list of the top VRBOs in Maui that have private pools and are perfect for couples who seek privacy!
Just like always, I ordered the vacation rentals from most to least expensive, and the prices start from US$350 to US$6,000:
- Beachfront Home – You’ll want to move to this stunning house near Ka’anapali Beach! The accommodation is chic and modern and can fit up to 10 people. It comes with an outdoor swimming pool, a hot tub, and a game room.
- Modern House – A home set right on a golf course? Sounds pretty incredible, right? Well, this gorgeous home is set on the Ka’anapali Kai Golf Course, and it has room for up to 7 people. The accommodation is super stylish, and it comes with a hot tub, outdoor furniture, and a game room.
- Rainbow Estate – Serenity and peace! These would be the main 2 words to describe this fabulous home near the West Maui Mountains! The accommodation features incredible ocean views, a kitchen, and room for up to 8 people.
- Hawaiian Cottage – Sit by the fire pit with your partner and admire the Hawaiian skyline at this stunning accommodation in Wailea. The cottage offers a perfect setting for relaxation, has room for up to 4 guests, and it comes with a pool.
- Oceanfront Paradise – Enjoy your morning coffee alongside the soothing views of the Pacific Ocean at this splendid home that has room for 4 people. The accommodation offers a kitchen and a hot tub.
FAQs about top honeymoon hotels in Maui
💑 Which are the best Maui honeymoon resorts?
🏝️ Where is the most romantic place in Hawaii for a honeymoon?
Maui is considered one of the most romantic out of all the Hawaiian islands, and it’s filled with some of the best resorts for couples, like Four Seasons Resort Maui, which has an adults-only serenity pool and many other facilities.
🏩 Which are the best Maui honeymoon resorts with bungalows?
🌞 What is the best month to visit Maui?
April through early October are some of the best months to visit Maui, as that’s when the weather is the best!
Can’t beat the magic of the Hawaiian Islands! They’ll wrap you in their lush tropical arms and won’t let you go!
Today we’ve seen the best honeymoon hotels in Maui, plus 2 bonus sections with the top romantic bungalows for couples and some amazing VRBOs with a private pool!
Just keep in mind what I said about booking early! These are the most romantic hotels in Maui, and I’m sure they’ll sell out early, so it’s better to be prepared!
Before we wrap up, I wanted to leave you with a small parting gift: my 2 favorite honeymoon resorts in Maui (which may help some of you decide which one to pick):
- Montage Kapalua Bay – This elegant resort in Kapalua Bay is so stylish, and it features ocean views, a spa, and an outdoor pool.
- Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort – A gorgeous hotel with bright and airy rooms, ocean views, a garden, and a wellness center.
There you have it! The best of the best!
It’s been such a thrill to tell you all about these amazing places. I’m still around if you’ve got any questions about the hotels or a super secluded beach that you found. All you gotta do is leave me a comment below, and I’ll answer as soon as I can!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!