If you’re looking for a unique hotel to make your holiday in magical Hawaii even better, good news, you came to the right place!
In this post, I collected all the best boutique hotels in Hawaii, offering guest rooms with views of the Pacific Ocean, access to the most beautiful beaches, and some great facilities.
Prices in Hawaii are quite high, so I included something for any budget: luxury resorts for those who want to splurge, mid-range options, and more affordable hotels if you are traveling on a budget, all divided by price range.
I also included boutique hotels on all islands of the Hawaii archipelago: Honolulu, Kihei, Kauai, the big island of Hawaiʻi, etc, so anywhere you want to stay, I have the right option for you!
But wherever accommodation you’re interested in, make sure you book it some months in advance as places sell out super fast in this paradise!
So, are you ready to explore them all with me?
If you are in a hurry
If you just want to book your next boutique hotel and you don’t have time to read the whole blog, check out the best of the best hotels in Hawaii for different budgets:
- Four Seasons Resort – Best luxury hotel
- Aloha Junction – B&B with amazing reviews
- The Kahala Hotel – Best value for money
- Volcano House – Best affordable accommodation
Here’s a map so you can see where all the best boutique hotels in Hawaii are located:
Luxury (US$600 and up)
- Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea – Located in the beautiful Wailea Beach, this luxurious Maui hotel offers all the comforts you need: two swimming pools, gourmet dining on-site, tennis courts, a wellness center with the top treatments and a fitness center for those who want to stay active. Nestled in lush gardens, The Four Season Resort also features spacious rooms with a private balcony, ocean views or garden views, and concierge services… What else can you ask for?
- Hotel Wailea, Relais & Châteaux – Nestled on a panoramic cliff in Maui, one of the best places to stay in Hawaii, this adults-only hotel extends across 15 landscaped acres of lush tropical gardens, winding paths, and cascading waterfalls… just a dream! Here you can relax in the hot tub and rooftop pool, or enjoy the ocean view from one of the intimate restaurants onsite, with fewer guests. Check out the luxury rooms featuring furnished balconies, a flat-screen tv, and even in-room dining!
- Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection – This boutique hotel has a unique location right on a sandy beach, overlooking the blue Kauna’oa Bay in Honolulu (by the way, you can see more boutique hotels in Honolulu in this post!). In Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, you’ll be welcomed by the friendly staff with a fresh flower lei greeting upon arrival, and you’ll have access to a top-rated golf course and a beautiful swimming pool.
- Turtle Bay Resort – This hidden gem in Oahu’s North Shore is centrally located in the middle of biking and hiking trails and just a few minutes from a secluded shoreline, historic landmarks, and famed surf breaks… perfect for adventure seekers! When you’re not surfing, kayaking, horseback riding, or snorkeling, you can just relax in the beautiful outdoor pool or enjoy the ocean views from your luxury guest room!
- Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu – Located on Kauai‘s south shore, at Poipu Beach, this boutique Koloa resort offers a resort-style outdoor pool and state-of-the-art fitness center. Here you will have the best dinners at the on-site restaurant (actually, there are 4 of them) and sleep in luxurious villas with complete kitchens and large balconies with ocean views. The accommodations host up to 8 people… perfect for families or groups of friends!
- Hana-Maui Resort, by Hyatt Residence – This beautiful Maui hotel features luxurious facilities that will make your holiday in Hawaii unforgettable! Here you’ll have access to a spa offering massages and body treatments, an outdoor swimming pool, and a private black sand beach. But the Hana-Maui Resort also offers many activities to keep you entertained the whole day: canoeing, stand-up paddleboarding, bamboo pole fishing, lei-making, and horseback riding.
- Halekulani – Located on the famous Waikiki Beach overlooking Diamond Head, the Halekulani hotel boasts spacious suites with private lanais and in-room spa treatments. And when you feel like leaving your room, you can enjoy delicious meals at the 3 oceanfront restaurants, a live jazz lounge, or just relax in a heated swimming pool. And you’ll be welcomed in your room with a fresh fruit bowl and signature chocolates… How great is that?
Mid Range (US$350 – US$600)
- Trump International Hotel Waikiki – This boutique hotel is located a 5 minutes’ walk from Waikiki beach and is perfect for a stay with family or friends, offering very spacious suites and apartments! Here you can enjoy some well-deserved relaxation at the full-service spa, offering treatments with traditional Hawaiian plants, swimming in the outdoor pool, or try one of the special drinks throughout the day at the bar on site. Another plus? The hotel is a short drive from the Waikiki Aquarium and the Ala Wai Golf Course.
- The Kahala Hotel and Resort – No Resort Fee – If you just want to relax during your holiday in Hawaii, this beachfront boutique hotel in Honolulu is for you! In fact, this luxury resort features a state-of-the-art spa with 10 private treatment rooms, massages and beauty services, a sauna, and an open-air relaxation space. And if you love shopping, here you’ll have access to a free shuttle to Ala Moana Shopping Center, where you can spend the whole day!
- Sheraton Waikiki – Located in Waikiki, just a short drive from the Diamond Head Crater National Park, this boutique hotel has the best pools on the island. In fact, here you’ll have access to an adult-only infinity pool, two freshwater swimming pools in the Helumoa Playground, and a 70-foot-long water slide! But that’s not it, the hotel also offers 4 on-site dining options, child care, and rental car services if you want to explore the area… what else can you ask for?
- Halepuna Waikiki by Halekulani – Located in the heart of Waikiki, only 2 minutes walk to Waikiki Beach, this luxury boutique hotel is in the middle of the best shopping and dining options. The property is just beautiful, featuring works of many Hawaiian artists and has an “Urban Oasis” on the 8th floor, where you’ll find a garden with a reflexology path, an infinity lap pool, a hot tub, and a pool bar. This is the perfect palace to enjoy a specialty cocktail with a panoramic view of Waikiki Beach!
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Hokulani – This boutique hotel has a perfect location just a 10 minutes’ walk of Waikiki Beach. Plus it’s also close to many cool attractions like the Ala Moana Beach Park and the Diamond Head Crater, both just a short drive away! Here all the guest rooms come with a private kitchenette, a 49-inch flat-screen tv, and air conditioning, and you’ll also have access to a rooftop pool and bar, a modern fitness center and a tour desk!
Budget (up to US$350)
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Oahu Kapolei – If you want to enjoy all the comforts of a luxury accommodation but at more affordable prices, check out this boutique hotel located in Kapolei, Honolulu. Here you will start your day with a delicious English/Irish free breakfast served every morning, chill in the outdoor swimming pool or hot tub or keep yourself in shape at the fitness center. And wait until you see the rooms, all offering air conditioning, a seating area, and room service!
- Rainforest Eco Cabin, Volcano House – This beautiful eco chalet is located in Volcano, just a short drive from Hawaii Volcanoes National Park on the Big Island, and it is for sure the right place to enjoy nature and disconnect from everything else! Here you will have access to free private parking and bike hire, perfect if you want to explore the area, which is also good for windsurfing, diving, and hiking! The cottages are super cozy, so you will feel immediately at home, and they are ideal both for families or couples… check out the pictures!
- Aloha Junction Bed & Breakfast – You will absolutely love this B&B located a 2 minutes drive from Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and within 10 minutes’ walk from local shops and restaurants on the Big Island. When you are not hiking, fishing, and exploring the surrounding area, you can relax in the sauna or in the beautiful garden of the property. Other pluses of the accommodation are the big rooms with electric fireplaces and a fully furnished outdoor patio and a delicious breakfast buffet!
- Hilo Bay Oceanfront Bed and Breakfast – Check out this stunning oceanfront Bed & Breakfast located on the shores of Hilo Bay, on the island of Hawaiʻi. This is the perfect place if you want to stay in a quiet area but have at the same time access to many activities like snorkeling and fishing. The accommodation is also close to many tourist attractions, like The Pacific Tsunami Museum and Mauna Loa Observatory… make sure to visit them once there! But if this is not what you are looking for, check out 20 more hotels on the Big Island!
- Ocean Breeze Inn – This boutique hotel is located in Keaau village, on the big island of Hawaiʻi, and is perfect if you are going on a holiday with the family but you want to stay on a budget. In fact, the property offers family rooms with a balcony and views of the mountain, as well as access to a barbecue, so you can share delicious meals with your loved ones. The accommodation is also super close to the ocean, so you can go refresh yourself from the heat at any time!
- Kona Magic Honu Room – Looking for a home away from home? Then check out this boutique hotel in Kailua-Kona, where each room has a fully equipped kitchen, a hot tub and a flat screen tv. Here the staff will go over and beyond to make you feel welcomed and super comfortable, plus you will have access to many cool facilities. Some examples? A swimming pool, a shared lounge, a garden, and a spa bath with a sauna to enjoy full relaxation!
- The Big Island Hostel – This hostel located in Hilo just a short drive from some stunning beaches, offers some of the best prices in Hawaii! In the property, you’ll find a shared kitchen where you cook your own meals, rooms with air conditioning and a private balcony, and shared dorms if you are really on a budget! The area surrounding the property is perfect to join many cool activities, like hiking, snorkeling, and windsurfing… so you’ll never get bored here!
|👑 Luxury price:||$650|
|💵 Mid Range:||$500|
|💰 Accommodation prices:||High|
|👩❤👨 Best honeymoon hotel:||Hotel Wailea|
|🌊 Top hotel with a view||Turtle Bay Resort|
|🏖️ Hotel with private beach||Hana-Maui Resort|
|☀️ Best time to go:||March – September|
FAQs about Boutique hotels Hawaii
👑 Which are the best Boutique hotels in Hawaii?
🛎️ Which are the best boutique hotels in Hawaii for luxury?
👩❤👨 Which are the best boutique hotels in Hawaii for couples?
Well, now you know all the best boutique hotels in Hawaii for any kind of budget and interest. Whether you’re looking for a place with views of the Pacific Ocean, a resort for a romantic getaway or to just relax with the family, there is the right option for you here!
We went through so many options that you are probably still undecided about which one to choose, so I want to give you extra help with my 2 absolute favorite boutique hotels in Hawaii:
- Turtle Bay Resort – This boutique hotel is located in Oahu’s North Shore, and is perfect if you want to have access to luxurious facilities and many activities!
- Sheraton Waikiki – Located in Waikiki, this boutique hotel offers amazing swimming pools, 4 on-site restaurants, and rental car services.
Aren’t they great? If you agree with me, make sure you book them immediately or at least some months in advance, so you can secure yourself a spot and maybe even find some great deals!
I hope you found my guide helpful and enjoyed it, but if you have any questions or hotel recommendations for me, please share them in the comments below, I will answer you as soon as I can.
Have an amazing stay!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!