If you’re looking for a secluded place to have a sweet escape with your special one, the Hawaiian island of Kauai, is definitely the best choice!
Called “the Garden Island” for the tropical rainforest that it hosts, Kauai offers some of the best honeymoon resorts in the world, with access to stunning beaches, outdoor activities, palm trees, and incredible waterfalls.
To help you choose the right place for your romantic getaway, I researched among the best booking websites and came up with this guide full of the absolute best resorts in Kauai for Honeymoons, divided by price range!
I selected only the best honeymoon resorts and hotels in Kauai, so make sure you book them some months in advance if you want to secure yourself a spot… you could even find some good deals!
Are you ready?
If you are in a hurry
If you need to take a quick decision and book immediately, I got your back, check this list with the best resorts for a honeymoon in Kauai, Hawaii:
- Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu – Best luxury hotel
- Marriott’s Waiohai Beach Club – Best value for money
- Royal Sonesta Kauai Resort – Best affordable accommodation in the center
Here’s a map to help you have a mental image of where all the honeymoon resorts that I will be talking about in this post are located:
Luxury (US$600 and up)
- The Lodge at Kukui’ula – Make unforgettable memories of your Kauai honeymoon in this incredible 5-star luxury resort! Here you can pass from full relaxation mode to engaging activities in a second. In fact, the hotel offers an on-site spa and beautiful swimming pool, but also sports facilities for snorkeling, tennis and is home to a fitness center. The resort also has an ideal location close to the main Kauai attractions so what’s not to like?
- Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu, Autograph Collection – Koloa Landing Resort is one of the TOP Kauai honeymoon resorts in the so-called Garden Isle, and I mean it! Located on Poipu Beach, it has literally everything you might want and more: not one, but four swimming pools (of which one is a tranquility pool), a fitness center, and a spa where you can have a Hawaiian Honeymoon Ritual with your special one!
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa – Grand Hyatt Kauai resort is one of the most luxurious resorts for a perfect Kauai honeymoon! Nestled in the natural beauty of river pools and tropical gardens, the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa offers a pool bar, 7 international upscale restaurants, and the Anara spa, where you can get the best spa treatments… Try Hawaiian body and facial massages!
- Timbers Kauai Ocean Club & Residences – If you want to make your honeymoon a special trip, choose one of the most beautiful honeymoon resorts in Kauai! The spa and wellness center is spectacular, the international restaurants serve delicious food and the service is excellent. Another plus? The condos all have breathtaking views of the sea!
- Koa Kea Hotel & Resort – Koa Kea hotel resort (Ko’a Kea Hotel & Resort) sits along Poipu Beach in Kauai and is one of the most romantic hotels on the island! Here you’ll find an array of guest rooms and suites primed for romance, like an oceanfront suite with spectacular ocean views. And to enjoy an intimate dinner at night, Ko’a Kea Hotel & Resort has restaurant gift certificates!
- Hanalei Colony Resort – Located on Hanalei Bay, in this Kuai beach resort you’ll find guest rooms with a balcony with incredible views of the Hanalei Bay and the Tunnels Beach! Here you can relax in the resort spa and wellness center or access hiking trails and snorkeling adventures. Ke’e beautiful beach and the famous Kalalau trail are just 2 miles (3.5 km) away!
- The Point at Poipu By Diamond Resorts – Welcome to one of the best Kauai honeymoon resorts! If you want to make the best out of this paradise island, this is the right place! Located a few steps from the beach, in this 22-acre property you can engage in cool activities like snorkeling, scuba diving as well as scenic horseback riding!
Mid Range (US$400 – US$500)
- Sheraton Kauai Resort – If you’re looking for a Kuai beach resort with great value for money, this beautiful resort may be the perfect choice for you! The property offers a beach activities center, cultural activities, Hawai’i-rooted cuisine, spa services, and romantic wedding locations… the ideal venue for your destination wedding!
- Marriott’s Waiohai Beach Club – Located on the Coconut Coast (east side of Kauai big island), this Kauai beach resort is one of the best honeymoon resorts if you want to save some money without renouncing quality. In this beach resort, you’ll find a resort spa where you can forget about all your problems and a hot tub with views of Shipwreck Beach and the Pacific Ocean. The spacious units even come fully equipped with a separate bedroom area… you will love them!
- Whalers Cove in Poipu – These oceanfront apartments are centrally located just 5 minutes walking from the shops and gourmet farmers market of Kukui’ula Village. They’re all fully equipped and have ocean views and oceanfront balconies with gas BBQ facilities… to have the best dinners with a fresh sea breeze!
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas – The Westin Princeville Resort lies on the north shore of the Hawaiian island of Kaua’i, in Princeville, only four miles from Hanalei Bay. This large resort is one of the best honeymoon resorts if you want to have full privacy in your one-bedroom villa, with all the comforts of home as well as luxurious facilities. Ps: it also has 2 hot tubs to enjoy some deserved relaxation!
- The Cliffs at Princeville – Located in the heart of 8.9 hectares of majestic green cliffs, here you’ll be surrounded by beautiful tropical mountains while nestled in an oasis of peace! The perfect base for a honeymoon getaway, this resort also offers leisure facilities like two hot tubs, a swimming pool, and barbecue grills.
Budget (up to US$200)
- Royal Sonesta Kauai Resort Lihue – If I didn’t tell you, you would never expect that this is one of the budget Kauai honeymoon resorts! Royal Sonesta is THE ultimate honeymoon destination if you want to save some money but still have an amazing experience, featuring an outdoor swimming pool, 5 restaurants, and a full-service spa. It even offers a free shuttle service to the airport!
- Club Wyndham Shearwater – Located in Princeville on Kauai’s north shore, Club Wyndham Shearwater is the best Kauai beach resort to enjoy fantastic ocean views. It is also the perfect choice if you want to engage in different activities during your Kauai honeymoon, featuring many jogging routes in the surrounding area, plus the Woods and Princeville Golf Courses are just next door.
- Hideaway Cove Poipu Beach – Get ready for this large resort nestled in a beautiful tropical landscape on the island of Kauai! Your room will be at walking distance from the white sands of Poipu Beach and offers a lovely terrace with a garden view, great sleeping comfort, and a well-equipped kitchen… all you need for an intimate experience in total quietness!
- Kauai Coast Resort at the Beach Boy – Check out one of the best budget Kauai honeymoon resorts, having a great location surrounded by tropical gardens and offering direct beach access! Choose your perfect condo-style accommodation: it will give you access to on-site spa services and dining areas. It also features an outdoor swimming pool and oceanfront hot tub… what more can you ask for?
|👑 Luxury price:||$700|
|💵 Mid Range:||$500|
|💰 Accommodation prices:||High|
|📅 How many days:||3-7 days|
|👩❤👨 Best honeymoon hotel:||Hanalei Colony Resort|
|🌊 Top hotel with a view:||Whalers Cove in Poipu|
|🏖️ Hotel with private beach:||Kauai Coast Resort|
|💵 Avg luxury hotel price:||$400|
|🍽️ Dinner for 2 with wine:||$50|
|☀️ Best time to go:||September – June|
|🛎️ Best boutique hotel:||The Lodge at Kukui’ula|
|🏰 Most unique hotel:||Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu|
|🧳 Best mid-range hotel:||Marriott’s Waiohai Beach Club|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||Royal Sonesta Kauai Resort|
|👸 Where celebrities stay:||Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu|
Frequently asked questions about Kauai honeymoon resorts
👩❤👨 Where should I stay in Kauai for my honeymoon?
The best resorts for your honeymoon in Kauai are the luxurious Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa or Hanalei Colony Resort, where you can enjoy romantic dinners while you listen to live Hawaiian music!
🌴 Is Kauai good for a honeymoon?
Yes, Kauai is one of the best places for destination weddings and honeymoons in the Hawaiian Islands, offering many great resorts and luxury hotels, like the large hotel Koa Kea Hotel & Resort or the Hanalei Colony beach resort.
🏖️ What are the best things to do in Kauai during your honeymoon?
Kauai has many things to offer to couples on their honeymoon, from hiking in the stunning Waimea Canyon State Park, to surfing and swimming in Kalapaki Beach, or relaxing in the saltwater lagoon at Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa.
👑 Which resort in Kauai is best for a honeymoon?
The best resort in Kauai for a honeymoon is Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu, offering the special Ko’u Aloha Romance Package, and the largest pool in Kauai with waterslides, an infinity edge, waterfalls, and multiple jacuzzis!
Here we are at the end of this extensive guide with the best resorts in Kauai for honeymoons and hotels in Kauai.
From luxury beach resorts with access to paradisiac white sand and palm trees to more affordable options nestled in green forests, there is for sure the right resort to enjoy a romantic getaway with your new life partner!
Probably by now, you have already fallen in love with one of the beautiful resorts in Kauai, but if you’re still undecided (I get you, we went through tons of options) here are my favorite resorts with great reviews and value:
- Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu, Autograph Collection – one of the TOP Kauai honeymoon resorts if you’re looking for luxury, located on Poipu Beach.
- Marriott’s Waiohai Beach Club – the best Kauai beach resort if you want to save some money without renouncing quality!
I hope this guide will help you spend the best honeymoon you could ever ask for, and have a relaxing time with your special one.
If you have any questions or comment about a resort mentioned in the post, or about Kauai in general, please leave them in the comments… I’ll be very happy to answer you!
Have a romantic holiday!