Plitvice Lakes (Plitvička Jezera) is definitely one of my favorite places in Croatia! Plitvice is an ensemble of 16 natural lakes and a UNESCO heritage site. Located in the middle of the country, this amazing place is full of incredible views, waterfalls and beautiful turquoise water.
In case you are planning your vacation there, you must be looking for Plitvice Lakes accommodation for the most unforgettable stay, am I right? You’re in luck, as I’m here to help you find the best option for your stay!
In this post I made a selection of hotels and apartments with fabulous reviews and sorted them out by price for your convenience. By the way, in this article you will find Plitvice Lakes accommodation both inside the park and very close to it as well!
PRO TIP: Do not forget that good hotels get sold out fast, so it is better to book in advance!
Are you ready? Let’s go!
Plitvice Lakes accommodation – where to stay inside the park
I will tell you right from the start: there are only 3 hotels located inside Plitvice Lakes National Park. All 3 of them are pretty good and their prices range from US$100 to more than US$200 per room per night.
That being said, let’s see which are these three Plitvice Lakes hotels:
- Hotel Plitvice – In case you’re looking for Plitvice Lakes accommodation right near the lakes and the waterfalls, then this park hotel has to be the right choice for you! This hotel is a wonderful place to stay in case you don’t want to be stressed about arriving at the park early! Some of the best facilities and amenities here include complimentary Wi-Fi, free parking, an on-site restaurant and more. By the way, it was recently renovated!
- Hotel Jezero – Here’s the second one on my list of hotels in Plitvice Lakes! This hotel has a 3 stars service and it awaits with complimentary Wi-Fi, 2 restaurants, a spa, a wellness center and more. Plus, at this accommodation you can choose from rooms and suites – a nice plus! All in all, I think this is a good choice if you want to be right in the heart of the park, close to all the waterfalls and superb lakes!
- Hotel Bellevue – This hotel is the third Plitvice Lakes accommodation located inside the park. So if you’re looking for hotels within the area of the lakes and the waterfalls, check this one out! This place was built in 1963 and it has an interesting interior and exterior. It also has an on-site bar, complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary parking and many other cool perks! Even though the rating of this hotel is not that good, it’s still nice for a comfortable night’s sleep extremely close to the lakes and waterfalls!
NOTE: Out of all three of them, Hotel Jezero is the only one that stays open all year round. The other two hotels (Bellevue and Plitvice) are closed in December, January, and February.
Is it worth it to stay inside the park?
The main and most important advantage of staying in one of the hotels IN Plitvice Lakes National Park is the fact that you cannot get closer than this – you will be right near the lakes! Which means that exploring this place cannot get easier from your accommodation and you won’t need to be concerned about the closing hours, taking a car or a bus to your hotel or waking up super early in the morning in order to get to Plitvice National Park as soon as possible.
If you stay INSIDE the national park, you’ll be there all the time! Please note that the other accommodation options that are close to the park are at least 1 km from the entrance, so you will need to walk or take public transport/car anyway. Staying inside the park is also a very good idea for those traveling to Plitvice Lakes without a car.
PRO TIP: Here’s another cool advantage that not many people know about: the entrance fee to the park can be re-validated on the second day. This means that you can buy your ticket to the park for the first day you’ll spend at the hotel and you will be able to use them on the second day as well! That’s awesome, especially if you only stay for one night!
Plitvice Lakes accommodation – not inside, but close to the park
Considering that there are only three hotels located actually inside the park and their rates are definitely higher than your standard accommodation, naturally not everyone will want to stay there.
Luckily, there are many hotel options around the park, all catering for different budgets and preferences as well! Staying in an accommodation near the park is a good idea for those of you planning to rent a car and drive during their trip, as it will be easy to arrive at the entrance!
Some very good areas where you can search for a hotel around Plitvice Lakes include:
- Rastovaca – very close to Entrance 1
- Plitvica Selo – your closest option; it’s close to Entrance 1
- Plitvicka Jezera – close to Entrance 2
- Jezerce – a bit more to the south
- Grabovac – not far from Entrance 2
Here are my top recommendations for those of you that want to stay in an accommodation near Plitvice Lakes National Park, all sorted by budget for your convenience:
Luxury (US$100 and up)
- Villa Lika – Are you looking for a luxurious Plitvice Lakes accommodation? I got you! This beautiful villa is surrounded by nature and it has a covered terrace perfect for serving breakfast, lunch or just for relaxation. Plus, the rooms are cozy and modern. Air conditioning, complimentary Wi-Fi and satellite TV – this luxury accommodation near the lakes has everything you will need for a perfect vacation! If you’re going there in the winter, make sure to go on the ski track that’s located very close to this villa. In the summertime you can even hike there!
- Grand Lakes Rooms – This is another great 4-star luxury accommodation located very close to Plitvice Lakes (only 2 km away). You will also find a grocery store close to this hotel, in case you want to buy some supplies. You will appreciate the spacious rooms decorated in pleasant, pastel colors, air conditioning and beautiful seating area where you can relax and admire the view. A great choice if you want to be close to Entrance 2 at the lakes!
- Villa Irene Studio Apartments – This villa is situated only 5.7 km away from Plitvice Jezera National Park and it’s my third accommodation recommendation close to Plitvice park. Each accommodation option has a nice kitchenette that you can use in case you want to cook your own food at the villa. When you want to relax, you can just sip a glass of wine on the terrace or enjoy your time in the outdoor hot tubs! Villa Irene also has a small playground for children and an outdoor space where you can do your morning exercises.
Mid-range (US$50 – US$100)
- Rooms Imperial House Plitvice – This property is a 4-star modern accommodation located very close to Plitvice Lakes National Park – only 2.5km away from Entrance 2. This bed and breakfast offers free use of bicycles, free WiFi and free parking. The rooms are very clean, nice and cozy, so you can enjoy your Croatian vacation in style. The best part? Once you get to Rooms Imperial House, you will be greeted by the friendly hosts and you will feel at home! I’m sure you’ll like it at this accommodation!
- Pansion Breza – This is a perfect accommodation and one of the best Plitvice Lakes hotels, although it is located 1 km away from the park, in Plitvica Selo! It only has 7 rooms, so hurry up if you want to book it! It’s not located far from National Park Entrance 2 to Plitvice and it offers a very good service. Some advantages of staying in this accommodation include a peaceful location close to the park, parquet flooring, parking lot and more!
- Guest House Nenad – This cute guesthouse is also located minutes away from the park entrance (15 minutes from Entrance 2, to be more precise) and offers a quiet setting and clean rooms! I’m sure you’ll love it, regardless if you spend one night or one week here! Definitely one of my top choices when it comes to Plitvice Lakes guest houses that offer a very good value for the money you’ll be paying! I recommend it to those of you that want to be close to the park while also enjoying free Wi-Fi and free on-site parking.
Budget (up to US$50)
- House Ilija Hodak – This is a beautiful 3-star budget accommodation surrounded by nature, where you will be able to get some rest and relax. The location of House Ilija Hodak is very convenient – only 4km away from Plitvice National Park and close to Plitvica Selo as well. One of the best things about this accommodation is that they have a gorgeous garden with a barbecue area where you can socialize and enjoy a good meal. Plus, they offer you free on-site parking and the staff is super friendly!
- 16 Lakes Rooms – This is a perfect budget accommodation for two people with easy access to Plitvice Lakes park, Plitvica Selo and Veliki Slap waterfall. Even though this place is a bit more far away from Plitvice Lakes park (12km), I’m sure you will enjoy the clean and cozy rooms and the traditional restaurants where you can serve delicious dishes. Korana River is situated nearby and it’s a great place for fishing, swimming and even canoeing. You can do horseback riding very close to this accommodation, which means you will never get bored at 16 Lakes Rooms!
- House Mihaela & Nina – This budget accommodation close to Plitvice Lakes park and Plitvica Selo is simple, cozy and kid-friendly. It’s surrounded by nature and you can enjoy your free time on the terrace or balcony, or you can step out in the garden and organize a nice, yummy barbecue. You will get free Wi-Fi all over the place and a nice kitchen where you can cook your meals. House Mihaela & Nina has a nice location and it’s only 6km away from Plitvice National Lakes park (near Entrance 1).
|👑 Luxury price:||$150|
|💵 Mid Range:||$80|
|💰 Accommodation prices:||Low|
|🌳 Best hotel inside Plitvice Lakes NP:|
|🏕️ Best camping:|
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:||Villa Lika|
|💵 Mid-range hotel:|
|👛 Best budget hotel:|
BONUS: Plitvice Lakes accommodation – Best Airbnbs
Sure, there are plenty of hotel and Booking apartment options close to the park, but what about those of you that prefer staying in an Airbnb? Ah, no problem, there are quite some amazing opportunities for you as well, so many that it may become hard to choose!
Airbnbs are a great idea for two types of travelers especially: for those of you traveling with their family or in a bigger group (as you’ll have plenty of space to roam around) and for travelers that are planning to save some money (yep, Airbnbs tend to be cheaper than your classic hotel!)
Below you can find my top selection for the best Airbnb located close to Plitvice Park. Enjoy!
Luxury (US$100 and up)
- Few Steps Away from Plitvice Lakes park – New & Modern – In case you want to be 10 minutes from Entrance 1 for Plitvice Lakes park in a deluxe accommodation, then take a look at this place! It’s the perfect place to soak in the sun – and the name is so true, it really is very close to the lakes! Check the recent review section and you’ll see that all guests that stayed there loved it, that’s why I totally recommend it for a spoiled stay close to Plitvice Park!
- Studio Blue Ivy – This is another superb apartment located 10 minutes from Entrance 2! So in case you didn’t find the ideal Plitvice Lakes accommodation for the ultimate spoiled stay, I recommend this one. But I also recommend you start booking as much in advance for your visit, as this accommodation tends to be sold out fast. All in all, it’s an excellent choice close to Plitvice park!
- Apartment Golden Fields – Besides the fact that this apartment is sparkling clean, it is superbly decorated as well! One of the best things about this place is the location, of course – it is only 4.5 km from Entrance 1 to Plitvice Lakes, so you will quickly arrive there, especially if you have a car. Some other cool perks about staying here include access to a beautiful garden and seating area and enough space to do anything you want!
Mid-range (US$50 – US$100)
- Near the lakes and bus stop apart – In case you’re looking for a comfortable place located 10 minutes from Entrance 2 to Plitvice Lakes park and bus stop and an accommodation that offers a very good value for the money you’ll be paying, search no more! You just found it! This one is pretty ideal to spend your nights as close to Plitvice park as possible; you’ll also enjoy the fact that it is sparkling clean and you’ll also have a grocery store just across the street!
- Dreamy apartment – Twin Studio near Plitvice – Here’s an excellent choice if you want to be located 5 km from Entrance 1 to Plitvice Park! So in case you’re still looking for the ideal Plitvice Lakes accommodation for you, don’t waste any more time and make sure to book this one! It offers a very good service for every traveler, the decor is very nice and you can also use the barbecue area as well!
- Apartment Sučić for 4 persons – This awesome apartment has two bedrooms and it is big enough to host up to 4 people! The distance to the park is not big – only 4 km to entrance 1, so if you have a car, you won’t have any problems (or you can just take the bus!). Staying here means you’ll be able to enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, a nice dining room, the use of a washing machine (for 40 kn more) and an overall clean space!
Budget (up to US$50)
- HOUSE MARKO – PLITVICE ROOM 4 – A very good idea to save on the cost of your stay would be to book a room in an apartment or guest house not far from the park! For example, this place is close to Plitvica Selo and only 5 minutes walking to Entrance 1, so if you’d like a guest house type of accommodation, this one’s for you! I recommend it to all those of you that are traveling on a budget to Plitvice Lakes park!
- Apartment Natasa # 2 – Here’s another excellent choice for a budget-friendly stay in Plitvice, only 3.2 km from Entrance 2 to Plitvice Lakes park. This apartment is a great idea if you want to save some money, it has a great location close to the park and the host is super nice! Just take a look at the pictures and I’m pretty sure you’ll fall in love with this 75 sqm apartment that has some awesome reviews!
- Marica Gračan Rooms – In case all the other budget-friendly apartments above were sold out during your dates, there’s this option as well! This private room in a house is simple but extremely clean and just perfect for a comfortable night’s sleep after a full day of exploring the natural wonders in the park! The neighborhood is quiet, you’ll have 3 restaurants and 2 markets nearby, you’ll be 4 km away from the lakes – what more can you wish for?
BONUS 2: Camping at Plitvice Lakes National Park
Yes, you can also do camping in case you don’t want to book a hotel or an apartment within or near the national park! Here are your options:
- Camping Korana – this one is located closest to the national park, only a few km away from Entrance 1 to Plitvice park
- Camping Slapić – family-run camping site and the most popular option among tourists going to the Plitvice Park
- Camping Radonja – this one has the most affordable prices
- Camping Vrela Mrežnice – superb location on the river bank
- Camping Turist – the oldest camping site near the lakes
- Camping Borje – the newest camping site close to Plitvice Lakes park
The camping sites have more accessible prices than the hotels close to Plitvice Park and they offer different services depending on which one you’ll close. You can find more details about each of these camping sites by accessing this website.
Plitvice Lakes National Park is one of those special places you should add to your must-do list for your trip to Croatia! I hope this ultimate guide for Plitvice Lakes accommodation was useful to you and I wish you a great stay and experience visiting Plitvice!
Most of the accommodation options I found for you around Plitvice Park are guest houses or apartments, but all of them have very good reviews, modern facilities and cozy rooms where you can rest after a day of exploring Plitvice Lakes.
By the way, I recommend you read my guide about 8 Things You Should Know about Plitvice Lakes Park here. And if you need more travel inspiration for Croatia, you can see my recommendations here.
Are you traveling to Plitvice Lakes park soon? If you have any more questions, don’t be shy and tell me in the comments below. I’m happy to help!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!