Planning your tropical holiday for this year, and you’ve decided to get a one-way ticket to Koh Lanta? Then definitely stick around to discover which are the top areas and hotels here!
Lanta Old Town is surely the best area where to stay in Koh Lanta, Thailand, as it has great hotels and attractions. But of course, it isn’t the only option! In this blog post, you’ll find 5 more areas that are great for relaxing, budget travelers, families, nightlife, and the beaches: Klong Nin Beach, Long Beach, Khlong Dao, Klong Khong Beach, and Kantiang Bay.
And since we’re talking about the whole island, I decided to add 2 bonus sections with the best hotels for couples and the top vacation rentals in Koh Lanta, Thailand.
Definitely make sure you book your Koh Lanta hotels in advance. This island is pretty popular, and the good ones will always sell out super fast!
Let’s catch some sunsets and swim in the ocean!
- If you are in a hurry
- 1. Lanta Old Town – where to stay in Koh Lanta for first-timers
- 2. Klong Nin Beach – where to stay for relaxation
- 3. Long Beach – where to stay in Koh Lanta on budget
- 4. Khlong Dao Beach – where to stay in Koh Lanta for families
- 5. Klong Khong Beach – where to stay in Koh Lanta for nightlife
- 6. Kantiang Bay – where to stay in Koh Lanta for the beaches
- BONUS 1: Best hotels for couples in Koh Lanta
- BONUS 2: Best VRBOs in Koh Lanta
- FAQs about hotels in Koh Lanta
If you are in a hurry
Looking for the top hotels on the island? Check out the list below, which has the best accommodations set in Lanta Old Town and Klong Nin Beach:
Rawi Warin Resort And Spa
Best luxury hotel
Best value for money
Sweet Life Community
Best affordable accommodation in the center
An Airbnb with amazing reviews
Check out the map below so that you can easily visualize all the areas in Koh Lanta that I’ll talk about in this post:
1. Lanta Old Town – where to stay in Koh Lanta for first-timers
What better place to start your holiday on this beautiful island than Lanta Old Town?
Set on the east coast of the island, the little village offers tourists a perfect introduction to the history and past of the island. You’ll find lots of cool attractions here, and most are within walking distance, with great bars, restaurants, and of course, a bunch of hotels near the main road.
Lanta Old Town is also home to the pier, meaning you can take lots of day trips to other islands in Thailand like Koh Nui, Koh Por, Koh Talabeng, Koh Kam, or Koh Bubu.
What you won’t find is a sandy beach, so I’d definitely recommend exploring the other parts of the island if you want to sit under the palm trees and admire the beautiful sea views!
If you’re coming during the first full moon in March, you’ll get to attend the Laanta-Lanta festival! This is a super fun event with numerous live music performances and delicious street food!
Now let’s check out all the amazing places to stay in Lanta Old Town on the East Coast, which by the way, I recommend booking in advance!
Unfortunately, there are no luxury hotels in the Lanta Old Town, but if you’re set on staying in fabulous accommodation, check out the Rawi Warin Resort And Spa on Klong Nin Beach, which is the next on our list!
Other accommodation options in Lanta Old Town
A great place that offers ocean views, a terrace, and rooms with air conditioning and free Wi-Fi
This affordable hotel comes equipped with air-conditioned rooms, a shared kitchen, and a garden
You’ll love the authenticity and furnishings of this beautiful house that has a kitchen and a hammock
Things to do in Lanta Old Town
- Visit the Wat Ko Lanta Buddhist Temple
- Snap a pic of the lobster monument on the east coast
- Grab a bite at Khrua Lanta Yai restaurant
- Get souvenirs from the Lanta Old Town Street Market
2. Klong Nin Beach – where to stay for relaxation
Want to do nothing but sit and relax on a white sand beach while admiring those stunning sea views?
Then Klong Nin Beach on the west coast is the place for you! This amazing area has that laid-back vibe that we all love and lots of hotels and resorts that are set right on the beach, meaning you can literally jump straight from your bed into the ocean for a refreshing morning bath!
You won’t find many attractions on Klong Nin Beach, as this area is mostly for just taking long walks on the beach and relaxing, but you will see some restaurants and bars where you can indulge in some yummy dishes when you’re out and about.
What’s great about Klong Nin Beach is that you won’t find big crowds! So if you’re not the kind of person who loves exploring alongside numerous groups of people, then I think you’ll find this area the right one for you!
Now let’s check out the hotels and the best things to do here!
Set right on the beach, this fabulous hotel has an amazing infinity pool from where you can admire the sea views, plus 3 other swimming pools and 5 dining options. All the suites have a Thai-inspired design, a private balcony, and a TV.
Other accommodation options in Klong Nin Beach
Tucked away between the trees, this hotel offers different bungalows, a spa center, and an outdoor swimming pool
Chill by the swimming pool of this hotel, which offers suites with free Wi-Fi, a terrace, and a garden
Perfect for 2 guests, this accommodation has a kitchen, a private bathroom, and air conditioning
Things to do in Klong Nin Beach
- Take long walks on the beach
- Enjoy a drink by the ocean at Mr. Love bar
- Explore Saladan Village
- Swim all day in the ocean
- Eat a yummy burger at the Hungry Shack
3. Long Beach – where to stay in Koh Lanta on budget
Also known as Phra Ae Beach, Long Beach is set on the northern coast of the island, and it’s perfect for anyone who’s traveling on a budget!
As you can tell by the name, this white sand beach stretches over 3 km (2 miles), and it’s filled with resorts, bars, and restaurants that serve Thai food, international food, and fresh seafood BBQ.
Long Beach is for sure one of the most popular areas to stay in Koh Lanta, mostly because any type of traveler will find something to do here.
If you’re a digital nomad, you’ll find beautiful places to work from! Or maybe you’re coming with your family, and you’re looking for some affordable places to stay just within walking distance of the sandy beach.
No matter what, you’ll definitely come across what you’re seeking here.
Let’s check out the hotels in Long Beach!
Offering a private beach area on the west coast, this amazing resort has it all! A fabulous infinity pool with breathtaking sea views, stunning rooms with modern Thai architecture, and a restaurant that serves yummy food! During your stay, you can relax at the spa and take up some yoga lessons when you’re not out exploring the island!
Other accommodation options in Long Beach
A great place that has a laid-back atmosphere, rooms with a seating area, and a terrace where you can relax
This affordable beachfront hotel comes with family rooms, a restaurant, and they also offer an airport shuttle
Set in a beautiful location, this bungalow offers a balcony, a kitchen, and free Wi-Fi
Things to do in Long Beach
- Explore the Phra Ae Public Health Park
- Grab a bite at Mays Kitchen restaurant
- Sunbathe on the beach
- Enjoy a sunset at the Pangea Beach Bar
4. Khlong Dao Beach – where to stay in Koh Lanta for families
Planning a family holiday to Koh Lanta? Then check out this amazing area, which is great for parents and their little ones as it is filled with numerous resorts and things to do!
Set on the west coast of the island just less than 2 km (c. 1 mile) away from Saladan Village, an area packed with restaurants and shops, Khlong Dao is perfect for your fun getaway with the family!
It’s not just the Koh Lanta hotels that bring families here, but there are also lots of restaurants and even a cinema where you can take your kids.
The atmosphere is pretty chill as well, which means that you’ll get to relax and enjoy some tranquil walks on the beach and, of course, play all day long there and swim in the ocean!
There are also some markets around, and you can always venture outside Khlong Dao Beach and explore the other parts of this unique island!
Start your morning with a yummy breakfast at this amazing Koh Lanta resort that’s just a short walk to the beach! The accommodation offers family rooms equipped with air-conditioning and a flat-screen TV, a restaurant, and a bar.
Other accommodation options in Khlong Dao Beach
Chill in the outdoor pool of this hotel which come with family rooms, a fitness center, and a bar
Feel at home at this great place that offers an airport shuttle, spacious rooms, and a terrace
This amazing bungalow is super cozy and comfortable, and it comes with a balcony and a pool
Things to do in Koh Dao Beach
- Go for a movie night at Lanta Cinema
- Enjoy a family dinner at Sole Mare Italian Pizzeria
- Grab a drink on the beach at Majestic Bar
- Explore Saladan Village
- Spend a fun family day on the beach
5. Klong Khong Beach – where to stay in Koh Lanta for nightlife
Set on the west coast of Koh Lanta, this area is perfect for those who want to spend their day sunbathing on the beach and the nights dancing on the beach!
Oh yes! Klong Khong Beach is famous for its nightlife! Many tourists come here for all the pubs, bars and fire shows! Now that’s something you shouldn’t miss out on!
Klong Khong Beach attracts many backpackers, yogis, and tourists who, in general, are looking for a more laid-back area!
The little village completely transforms when the sun sets from this tranquil area to a vibrant place! All the bars open, and everyone comes around to enjoy a few drinks, dance on the sandy shores, and even make some new friends!
Plus, there are numerous restaurants where you can enjoy some delicious international dishes!
As for the hotels, you’ll find a wide range of accommodations, from villas to bungalows, and affordable hotels. So let’s check out some of the best ones:
Boasting an amazing design and a great location right on the white sand beach, this amazing accommodation comes with a restaurant, a garden, and a bar. All the rooms are super comfortable, and they come with a flat-screen TV and air-conditioning.
Other accommodation options in Klong Khong Beach
Enjoy breakfast with a view at this great hotel that offers a restaurant, rooms service, and an airport shuttle
This hotel offers bright and airy rooms, a restaurant, air conditioning, and a free breakfast
During your stay here you’ll have access to a swimming pool and a great room with lots of space
Things to do in Klong Khong Beach, Koh Lanta
- Enjoy some cocktails at Devy Ale Cafe
- Visit the Mu Ko Lanta National Park
- Swim all day in the ocean
- Get a Thai massage at Faikham Lanta
- Grab a coffee at Lazy Bird Cafe
6. Kantiang Bay – where to stay in Koh Lanta for the beaches
You’ll never want to leave this dreamy location set on the south side of the island!
Kantiang Bay is famous for its mesmerizing beach that brings tourists from everywhere! It’s considered one of the best beaches on the island and even in Asia, and once you see it, you’ll understand why!
Although popular, you won’t find lots of crowds here! The beach has maintained its tranquil atmosphere, and although there is a wide range of hotels and resorts, the whole vibe of the area is pretty amazing!
Kantiang Bay is also pretty popular with couples! It does have this romantic atmosphere linked to it, and all the beauty that is around you will make you and your partner feel like you’re in paradise!
So whether you’re eager to just chill on the otherworldly beach or explore the tropical jungles, Kantiang Bay is surely a place you don’t want to miss out on while visiting Koh Lanta!
You’re going to fall in love with this stunning resort in Kantiang Bay! The accommodation is set in a breathtaking location, and it offers a private beach area, a scenic infinity pool, and a free airport shuttle! All the rooms are beautifully decorated with rattan curtains and Thai fabrics and have a private balcony!
Other accommodation options in Kantiang Bay
Enjoy the great views from the infinity pool of this hotel which has a spa and rooms with a private balcony
Tucked away between the trees, this amazing hotel comes with an outdoor pool and a restaurant
This unique place to stay in Koh Lanta is perfect for nature lovers, and it has a terrace and a kitchen
Things to do in Kantiang Bay
- Go on a sea tour to Koh Rok
- Enjoy some drinks at Why Not Bar
- Explore Saladan Village
- Visit the Mu Ko Lanta National Park
- Grab dinner at Rak Talay Restaurant
- Relax on the beautiful Bakantiang Beach
|📍 Best area:||Lanta Old Town|
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:||Rawi Warin Resort And Spa|
|💵 Best mid-range hotel:||Fresh House|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||Sweet Life Community|
BONUS 1: Best hotels for couples in Koh Lanta
Planning a romantic getaway to Koh Lanta? Well, the tropical paradise sure provides the perfect background for your trip! But if you’re looking for some amazing hotels where you and your partner can spend some unforgettable days, then follow me!
In this section, you’ll find a list of hotels that I ordered from most to least expensive so that you can easily pick your favorite! The prices start from US$40 to US$240:
- Nirvana Beach Resort – Set on the beautiful Klong Nin Beach, this amazing accommodation offers some dreamy views of the island and an outdoor pool! The rooms are super spacious, and some come with a balcony that overlooks the ocean. During your stay, you can plan some romantic dinners at the restaurant on-site and relax all day long at the spa center.
- Twin Lotus Resort and Spa – This adults-only hotel is so perfect for your honeymoon! Set on Klong Dao Beach, the resort offers some lovely rooms with beach or garden views, 3 swimming pools, and a spa center.
- Avani Plus Koh Lanta Krabi Resort – Admire a scenic sunset with your partner at this great place to stay in Saladan Village! Designed in a modern Thai style, the resort offers rooms with private pool access, a bar, and a private beach area. During your stay, you can rent free mountain bikes to explore the island, kayaks, and snorkeling gear.
- Lanta Casa Blanca – Looking for something a bit more affordable for your couple’s getaway? Then check out this place to stay in Koh Lanta, which has spacious rooms with a mini-bar, an outdoor pool, a garden, and a private beach area.
BONUS 2: Best VRBOs in Koh Lanta
If you’re not a big fan of classical hotels and you’d wish for a place that feels more like home and offers more privacy, then check out this bonus section where I gathered the best 3 vacation rentals in Koh Lanta, Thailand!
I’ve ordered the VRBOs from most to least expensive, and the prices start from US$145 to US$50:
- Garden Home – This lovely home can fit up to 4 people, and it comes with everything you need for your stay, including a swimming pool, a kitchen, and free Wi-Fi. When you need a moment to relax, just head to the hot tub!
- Coco Cape – Chill by the infinity pool of this great place to stay on Koh Lanta that has space for 3 people. The accommodation offers a modern design plus lots of cool amenities like beach chairs, a kitchen, and water sports gear.
- Villa Lila – Tucked away between the trees, this villa can fit up to 3 people, and it has cool contemporary decor. Equipped with a kitchen, lots of space, and an outdoor pool, this place is perfect for your stay in Koh Lanta!
FAQs about hotels in Koh Lanta
📅 How many days do you need in Koh Lanta?
I’d recommend spending 4 to 5 days in Koh Lanta. That way, you can explore the whole island and all its cool areas like Lanta Old Town, Saladan Village, and all the beaches!
🍹 Which are the best areas to stay in Koh Lanta?
Lanta Old Town, Klong Nin Beach, and Klong Khong Beach are some of the best areas in Koh Lanta where to stay! These places have lots of great hotels and restaurants!
🤔 Is it worth it to go to Koh Lanta?
Yes! Koh Lanta is an amazing place to visit! This island has lots of beautiful beaches, rainforests, and mangroves.
💸 Is Ko Lanta expensive?
Koh Lanta is not too expensive, and the costs of traveling here are much cheaper than if you’d go to other places nearby like Krabi.
What an island! I’d never want to leave this place!
Today we’ve seen where to stay in Koh Lanta, the best areas, plus 2 bonus sections with the top hotels for couples and some amazing vacation rentals.
I would recommend booking your Koh Lanta hotels in advance as this island is super popular with tourists, and the good ones always sell out first, especially during peak season!
And if you need a bit of help with picking a hotel out of this long list, then check out my 2 favorite hotels below:
- Rawi Warin Resort And Spa – This Koh Lanta resort set right on the beach comes with 4 outdoor pools, rooms with private balconies, and 5 restaurants.
- Fresh House – A great place that offers some amazing views, a terrace, and an airport shuttle.
Now you’re more than ready to start your adventure!
It’s been a pleasure to tell you all about Koh Lanta, and don’t forget that you can always drop me a comment below if you’ve got any questions! I’ll make sure to answer them ASAP!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!