Luxury hotels overlooking the Mediterranean Sea and fancy yachts? Buckle up because we’re heading to one of the biggest hotspots in Europe!
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory located in the south of the Iberian Peninsula. Combining Brit culture with Spanish and North African elements, this territory (which isn’t exactly a country) is famous for the Rock of Gibraltar, the beaches, and its fascinating culture!
In this post, I will talk about the accommodation options where to stay in Gibraltar, from the most luxurious hotels with a spa and restaurants to affordable hotels that are just a short stroll away from the beach!
Keep in mind that the hotels in Gibraltar sell out super fast! This territory is becoming more popular every year so make sure you book your accommodation in advance!
Let’s go. Ocean Village is waiting!
If you are in a hurry
For those of you who want to book right now, here’s a list of all the best hotels in Gibraltar:
Best luxury hotel
An Airbnb with amazing reviews
Best value for money
Best affordable accommodation in the center
Which neighborhood should you stay in Gibraltar?
As you might know, Gibraltar isn’t such a big place. Still, we know that the quality of a destination isn’t limited to how big or small it is! Although the accommodations are scattered throughout the territory, you will find the biggest concentration in the center part. I’ve put together this list of hotels located right in the heart of the action and ranked from most to least expensive so you can easily find the perfect choice for you!
Check out this map to see where all the hotels on my list are located:
Luxury (US$230 and up)
- Sunborn Gibraltar – Ever wondered how it feels to stay in one of those luxurious yacht hotels? Now you can find out! Enjoy stunning views of the Rock of Gibraltar at this hotel located in Ocean Village Marina that offers an infinity swimming pool, a casino, 5 restaurants, and a bar on the top deck. Guests will also have access to a spa and a fitness center plus most attractions are only a short walk away.
- Luxe Holiday Rentals – All I want to do is sunbathe by the swimming pool on the sun terrace of this accommodation that’s located a short walk away from the airport. Enjoy a shopping session on the main street in the town center, and then come back to the accommodation to relax in the spa or enjoy the views of the Rock of Gibraltar. I highly recommend booking your hotels in advance here as they sell out so fast, and as you might know, the area isn’t so big!
- The Caleta – Located on the tranquil eastern side, this beachfront hotel has family rooms and a health and beauty club. Guests will have access to a fitness center as well as an outdoor swimming pool. After a day spent at Catalan Bay beach, head to the restaurant and enjoy a delicious dinner while admiring the stunning views of the sea!
Mid Range (US$150 – US$200)
- Rock Hotel – Guess who once stayed at this hotel? The one and only: Winston Churchill! Located on the Rock of Gibraltar, only a 10 minute walk away from the beach, this accommodation offers a splendid sight of the Mediterranean sea, an outdoor swimming pool, and a private airport shuttle. If you love the beach as much as I do I think you’ll enjoy a trip to Marbella. It’s one of my favorite spots in Spain!
- The Eliott Hotel – Sunbathing all day, going on boat trips, and shopping on the main street of Gibraltar. This sounds like the perfect holiday to me! Travelers will love to stay in Gibraltar in this hotel that’s located in the town center. As guests, you will have access to the rooftop pool, a terrace, and a restaurant that offers views of the Rock of Gibraltar.
- Kings Wharf Quay29 – Wondering where to stay in Gibraltar, the place where John Lennon got married? Look no more! This stylish hotel is located super close to the town center and the beach! Chill by the pool and enjoy the good vibes or head out to explore the attractions in Gibraltar, like the Moorish Castle and Cathedral of the Holy Trinity! If you like history then head to Malaga, that city is filled with historical sites!
- Westone Apartments – Enjoy your stay in Gibraltar in this hotel that’s located within walking distance from the main town. The accommodation offers travelers rooms with sea views and a kitchen. When you’re not out and about exploring the Marina or Casemates Square you can chill by the pool and take advantage of the perfect weather.
Budget (up to US$110)
- Ocean Heights – Trying to figure out where to stay in Gibraltar on a budget? I’ve got just the place: This hotel is located between the Marina and the Gibraltar Rock, within walking distance of the town center and it offers apartments that have a kitchen and family rooms! Come back from a day of visiting the Upper Rock Nature Reserve or the Gibraltar National Museum and chill in the swimming pool!
- Europa Suites – Enjoy your stay in Gibraltar at this accommodation that offers affordable rooms with a kitchenette, storage space, and a private bathroom. The place is located a bit further away from the town center, but you can always use the bus to visit Gibraltar and its main attractions or go to the beach.
- Emile Hostel – Looking for some cheap hotels for your stay in Gibraltar? This accommodation is located in the town center, not too far from the Upper Rock Nature Reserve and it offers free wifi and a common room. Mingle with the other travelers on the terrace and enjoy a quick bite at the cafe before heading out!
|👑 Luxury price:||$250|
|💵 Mid Range:||$180|
|💰 Accommodation prices:||Medium|
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:||Sunborn Gibraltar|
|💵 Best mid-range hotel:||Rock Hotel|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||Ocean Heights|
|🏘️ Top Apartment:||Modern Apartment|
|⛵ Best boat hotel:||Luxury Yacht Hotel|
BONUS 1: Best boat hotels where to stay in Gibraltar
In search of the perfect accommodation for your stay in Gibraltar and looking for something a little different?
Well, if you’re looking for something a bit more unique than the average hotel, stick around for a few moments as I’m about to offer you a list of the best boat hotels on the territory! Both places are luxurious and cost around US$450.
Let’s check them out:
- Luxury Yacht Hotel – Located in the Ocean Village Marina, this yacht accommodation provides a terrace and a seating area where you can relax, read a book or just sunbathe all day long! Start your morning with a quick breakfast, but your swimsuit one and have a go at snorkeling or enjoy a day out in the town center, which is situated only a 5 minute walk away.
- White Dove – A retro boat located in Marina Bay that offers different watersport facilities like paddleboarding. Relax on the terrace and sunbathe on the sun deck all day long. If you want to visit some attractions, the Moorish Castle is just a 20-minute walk away.
BONUS 2: Best apartments in Gibraltar
Planning to visit Gibraltar with your friends? Or maybe you’ve got a big family and you need lots of space? I’ve got you covered!
Gibraltar has many apartments and most of them are located in the Ocean Village Marina or on the eastern side of the area, which means you’ll be able to visit St Michael’s Cave in the Upper Rock Nature Reserve whenever you want, as it’s super close!
Before we start, I should mention that these accommodations have a minimum of 4 or 5 nights’ stay.
Luxury (US$400 and up)
- Modern Apartment – This accommodation where to stay in Gibraltar can accommodate up to 6 people and it’s located near the Ocean Marina and Casemates Square. Enjoy a quiet afternoon on the balcony after a whole day spent in the town center. Guests will have access to a tropical garden, a swimming pool, and restaurants.
- Waterfront Flat – How incredible is this duplex apartment that can accommodate up to 7 people. The accommodation has a kitchen, a living room area and a balcony from where you can admire the views of the town. Most attractions like the Gibraltar Rock and Moorish Castle are situated only 1 mile away.
Mid Range (US$170 – US$190)
- Beachfront Apartment – Want to be on the beach 24/7 during your stay in Gibraltar? Then you’ll love this apartment that can accommodate up to 4 people. Located on the tranquil eastern side of Gibraltar this place is great for people who want to stay close to Sandy Bay or Catalan Bay.
- Cozy Apartment – Enjoy your stay in Gibraltar in this apartment that can accommodate up to 4 people and which has a kitchen and a living room. Have your coffee on the balcony and admire the views of Gibraltar Rock. After that, you can get ready to hit the town and visit all the main attractions like the Upper Rock Nature Reserve, the Grand Casemates Square, and Great Siege Tunnels!
Frequently Asked Questions About Gibraltar
🌊 Where should I stay when visiting Gibraltar?
🏖️ Is Gibraltar good for a holiday?
Yes, Gibraltar is a fantastic destination as it offers beautiful beaches, incredible landscapes, and natural spots.
💰 Is it expensive to stay in Gibraltar?
The accommodation prices are medium, and you can find both super affordable places to stay or very expensive hotels.
What an incredible location! I hope this post helped you decide where to stay in Gibraltar! You will find all the hotels in the article broken down by budget so that you can quickly make the best decision for you, and not search for hours on the websites.
I know the list is pretty long so if you’re having a hard time trying to pick one hotel, here are my top 2 favorite hotels in Gibraltar:
- Sunborn Gibraltar – A fancy yacht hotel in Ocean Village that has an infinity pool and a spa
- Rock Hotel – A hotel that’s located near the beach and has a pool
I highly recommend booking your hotels in Gibraltar in advance! This location is super popular and everything from the penthouse suites to the affordable places sell out so fast! So decide which one you like and make it yours!
Enjoy your trip to this unique destination! Search for hidden gems in Marina Bay, take the cable car to admire the views of this territory, and chill on the beach near Catalan Bay. You’ll love every minute of your time spent here!
If you have any questions about Gibraltar or more suggestions for our readers, leave me a comment below and I’ll make sure to answer it as quickly as possible.
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!