Seville is the fourth biggest city in Spain and one of the most well-known destinations for tourists! It’s the perfect place to go if you want to indulge in some amazing Spanish cuisine and tapas bars, admire some beautiful historical Moorish buildings, dance some flamenco or simply have a good time.
In case you are going to Seville soon, congrats, you’re going to have a great time, I assure you! After booking your flights, the next question regards where to stay in Seville during your trip. And this is where I make my entry; rest assured as I’ll tell you everything you need to know about the best areas in the city for tourists, as well as the most fabulous hotels to stay in each of them!
NOTE: Seville is quite a popular tourist destination, this is why I’m recommending you to book your hotel room(s) as soon as possible, as they usually sell out super quick! After all, it’s better to be safe than sorry, right?
No worries, you’ll find my hand-picked hotel choices for all types of travelers and pockets below, the only thing left for you is to choose and click the booking button.
Are you ready? Vamos!
- If you’re in a hurry…
- 1. Santa Cruz – where to stay in Seville for the first time
- 2. Centro – where to stay in Seville for shopping
- 3. El Arenal – best area in Seville for history
- 4. Triana and Los Remedios – the best area to stay for families
- 5. La Macarena – where to stay in Seville on a budget
- 6. Alameda – the coolest neighborhood in Seville for nightlife
- BONUS 1: Best apartments in Seville
- BONUS 2: Best hotels near Seville Airport
- Frequently Asked Questions about Seville
If you’re in a hurry…
If you need to make a quick decision and book immediately, I got your back! Check this list with the best hotels located in Barrio Santa Cruz, my first neighborhood recommendation:
- Best upscale hotel: Hotel Alfonso XIII
- Best middle-priced hotel: Hotel Rey Alfonso X
- Best budget hotel: Oasis Backpackers’ Hostel Sevilla
And here is a Seville map so you can visualize the 7 best neighborhoods I am recommending to you:
Seville is divided into many, many different neighborhoods (11 districts and 108 smaller neighborhoods, called “barrios” in Spanish, to be more precise), and each of them has its own vibe and advantages. Luckily, Seville is a VERY walkable town and it’s not that big either, so you can choose any of the areas below depending on your preferences.
- Barrio Santa Cruz – for first-time visitors
- Centro – for shopping
- Arenal – for history
- Triana and Los Remedios – for families
- Macarena – on a budget
- Alameda – the coolest area
1. Santa Cruz – where to stay in Seville for the first time
Barrio Santa Cruz is definitely the best area in Seville for first-timers and the most visited part of the city! It’s so picturesque!
You’ll find plenty of small, cobbled streets in this neighborhood, tiny squares, colorful houses and more. By the way, “barrio” actually means “neighborhood” in Spanish, so the name of this area is actually Santa Cruz. Santa Cruz neighborhood used to be the Jewish Quarter of Seville a long time ago.
Some of the highlights of this area include the Seville Cathedral (Catedral de Sevilla) with its bell tower, Alcázar Palace complex, Plaza de Espana, Flamenco Museum and more. You’ll also be surrounded by TONS of excellent restaurants serving traditional Spanish and international cuisines, cute gardens, and plenty of boutique hotels.
There’s one downside about this area, though. Because it’s so beautiful and popular, the prices tend to be higher than in the rest of the city, especially during the high season which makes it extra important to book well in advance. I still found some excellent hotels for all budgets that you can choose from:
Luxury (US$140 and up)
- Hotel Casa Del Poeta – This is definitely one of the top hotels in Seville, Spain! It looks like a palace and I’m sure you’ll love the stylish rooms – extremely elegant and clean! Some of the rooms have a balcony as well, with beautiful views of the city.
- Hotel Alfonso XIII – Here’s another gorgeous hotel for your stay in Seville! This 5-star property has an outdoor pool, free Wi-Fi, an on-site gym and a beautiful garden where you can relax and unwind!
- Hotel Casa 1800 Seville – In case you didn’t find where to stay in Seville yet to satisfy your tastes, here’s another option for you! This gorgeous 4-star accommodation is one of the best hotels in Seville, Spain, located in a 19th-century mansion, nearby all the best attractions in the city!
- Legado Alcazar – This is another 4-star accommodation that awaits with beautiful rooms, most of them having a nice terrace or balcony as well, so you can see the city! Plus, you can eat some delicious, local breakfast each morning.
Middle-priced (US$70 to US$140)
- Hotel Rey Alfonso X – This 4-star hotel located in the Old Center of Seville has some more accessible prices, so it’s ideal for travelers looking for great value! Book a room here if you want to be surrounded by the best local attractions in the city including beautiful Moorish architecture, tiny squares and churches.
- Hotel Doña Manuela – This awesome middle-priced hotel awaits with incredible service and facilities! They have free Wi-Fi and a beautiful rooftop terrace which is perfect for some relaxation!
Budget (up to US$70)
- Oasis Backpackers’ Hostel Sevilla – This hostel is one of the best options for all budget travelers and backpackers that want to stay in the old Jewish Quarter of Seville. Pick your stay in one of their dormitory rooms if you want to enjoy a cozy atmosphere and to save some bucks at the same time!
- Samay Hostel Seville – Here’s another great budget option to stay in Seville. This hostel is located super close to Seville’s Alcazar Gardens and it’s actually a restored townhouse that awaits with cozy rooms and a great service!
Things to do in Barrio Santa Cruz
- Visit the Seville Cathedral, the largest Christian cathedral in the world!
- Have a stroll in the stunning Plaza de Espana
- Visit the Flamenco Museum to know all about this charming dance!
2. Centro – where to stay in Seville for shopping
Centre is an area located very close to Barrio Santa Cruz and is one of the best neighborhood for shopping lovers!
In the large shopping area of the City Center around Calle Sierpes, you’ll find anything from boutique shops, independent designer shops, well-known chains such as Mango or Zara to traditional Spanish goods.
There are also many cool bars and excellent restaurants and cafes, so you won’t get bored in this barrio, not even for a second. Plus, you’ll be walking distance to all the main attractions in Seville!
If you only have a night or a couple of days in Seville, the City Center is definitely one of the best central neighborhoods where to stay! If you feel like this is the place for you, here are my hand-picked hotel recommendations that you can choose from:
Luxury (US$130 and up)
- Hotel Mercer Seville – I present to you one of the best boutique hotels in Seville and definitely my favorite pick! Book a room at this 5-star hotel if you want to enjoy a gorgeous rooftop pool, and an on-site restaurant and bar. It’s a great choice in one of the best neighborhoods of the city! The location is very central, close to many flamenco bars and food places.
- Gran Meliá Colon – Are you only searching for the top hotels in Seville, Spain? This one’s a great option for you! It’s located right in the city center and one of the landmarks of the area is the well-known Metropol Parasol. Except an incredible service and you won’t be disappointed!
Middle-priced (US$70 to US$130)
- Oasis Backpackers’ Palace Seville – This hostel is an excellent choice for travelers that want the best money-service ratio. They offer different types of rooms (including some dormitory rooms if you are on a tight budget). I think the double room is one of the best deals for the guests!
- For You Hostel Sevilla – This is another great hostel that offers excellent service. The rooms are super clean and they have a very nice design and I’m sure you’ll appreciate the local air, as this place is actually in a restored 18th-century building!
Budget (up to US$70)
- Hostal Hom Museo – No worries, there are some budget options for travelers that want to be in the heart of the city! This 2-star hostel is located in a quiet place right in the center of Seville, very close to Seville Church and Plaza de Armas Square.
- El Viajero en Seville – If you prefer a cute and cozy guesthouse instead, I got you covered as well! This is the ideal choice if you want a local atmosphere, as this house is very homey and full of colorful tiles. I really love it and I think it’s a great choice for this neighbourhood!
Things to do in the Centre
- Explore the city with this 4-hour sightseeing tour!
- Try delicious tapas in the restaurants and tapas bar
- Spend a day shopping in the boutique shops of the area
3. El Arenal – best area in Seville for history
El Arenal is another excellent choice to stay in Seville, centrally located and full of interesting attractions and things to do!
One of the most well-known landmarks in this area is the Torre del Oro, along with the most famous bullring in Spain (Plaza de Toros de la Maestranza) in the center of the district and the Hospital de Caridad (full of interesting paintings!) and more. On the small, authentic streets of El Arenal you’ll find tons of great restaurants, excellent tapas bars, flamenco places and cute cafes.
I highly recommend this area for anyone that wants to find out more about Seville’s rich history, as this used to be the city’s port area. Even if you don’t stay here, it’s worth a visit! But I won’t recommend it to budget travelers, mainly because the area tends to be a bit expensive; so it’s more fit to upscale travelers.
That being said, let’s see which are the best accommodation options in El Arenal:
Luxury (US$140 and up)
- Hotel Mercer Sevilla – Here’s a stunning boutique hotel in Arenal neighborhood, also known as one of the best neighbourhoods in the entire Seville! Some of the best advantages of staying here include free access to the rooftop pool and roof terrace, on-site restaurant and bar and the excellent location.
- Hotel Lobby Room Sevilla – Did you not decide yet? This is another great 4-star hotel in this area, very close to the city centre. Besides the amazing service, I recommend booking a room here if you want to be close to all the main spots and historic sights of Seville!
Middle-priced (US$80 to US$140)
- Alcazar de Eva Maria – I’ll start my list of middle-priced recommendations in Arenal area with this super nice homestay. It’s a great choice if you want a traditional-style accommodation; one of the best parts is that you can choose from many types of rooms! Plus, the staff is super helpful and they can organize tours for you!
- Hotel Maestranza – This hotel offers a very good service for the money you’ll spend. It has very good reviews and it’s super close to Seville Cathedral, so you can rest assured that you’ll enjoy your stay here!
Budget (up to US$80)
- The Spot Central Hostel – Are you wondering where to stay on a budget in El Arenal? I’m here to help! This nice hostel has very good reviews. You can expect the rooms to be bright and clean, perfect for a good night’s sleep after a full day of exploring the city and the flamenco clubs!
- Hotel Simon – Let me tell you right from the start – this super affordable hotel is super pretty, decorated with local, colorful ceramic tiles! The rooms are super nice and one of its best assets is that it’s located in one of the best neighbourhoods in Seville!
Things to do in Arenal
- Attend this great and traditional flamenco show!
- Climb the El Torre del Oro for the best views of Sevilla
- Gaze at Spanish baroque art at the Hospital de Caridad
- Attend the traditional Corrida at the Plaza de Toros de la Maestranza
4. Triana and Los Remedios – the best area to stay for families
Triana is such a distinct, unique district in Seville, that people sometimes call it the “independent republic of Triana”! I definitely recommend it to travelers that want to enjoy Seville in an authentic, local way!
Triana is located extremely close to Los Remedios, that’s why I decided to combine them into one single recommendation. By the way, both of them are very close to El Arenal, you just need to cross the river and you’re there. These two areas are not as touristy as Barrio Santa Cruz or Centre, but they have a more local atmosphere. They’re my recommendations for families with kids traveling to Seville.
Some of the highlights of Triana include charming streets (such as Calle Betis), beer places (“cervezerias”), a lively market, authentic food places and cute, traditional ceramic shops (called “azulejos” in Spanish), where you can see locals at work, making colorful ceramic tiles from the mud collected from the river bank.
Los Remedios is a modern, residential district consisting of beautiful, wide streets. You’ll find plenty of parks and green spaces here, nice streets where you can take a walk, boutique shops, and contemporary buildings as well.
By the way, if you choose to make Triana or Les Remedios your base, rest assured as you’ll never be more than 20-25 minutes away by foot from the heart of the city!
Luxury (US$140 and up)
- Eurostars Torre Sevilla – If you’re looking for a super high-quality hotel that will make you feel spoiled during your stay in Seville, this one’s for you! It’s very close to Calle Betis, many bars, restaurants and authentic food places and it awaits with impeccable 5-star service!
- Monte Triana – This 4-star hotel is my recommendation for people who want bright, spacious rooms, free Wi-Fi, an on-site bar-cafe, and a very good fitness center that you can use for free if you are a guest of this property. So cool!
- Zenit Seville – Honestly, this is one of the best 4-star hotels that I could find around this area! It’s surrounded by many food places and local bars and it awaits with super spacious and clean rooms, perfect for a great trip to Seville!
Middle-priced (US$70 to US$140)
- Hotel Triana Montalvan – If you still didn’t find your best accommodation choice inside the city walls, here’s one more great option for you. This stunning 3-star hotel has some incredible reviews, as all the past guests simply loved their experience there!
- B&B Casa Alfareria 59 – This awesome bed and breakfast is surrounded by bars and restaurants and it’s walking distance from the main attractions in the city. So if you’re wondering where to stay in Triana for some good prices, then book a room here!
- Triana con Encanto – This apartment in Los Remedios area is super good if you don’t want to spend a ton of money on accommodation. It’s actually a 4-bedroom apartment that’s fit for different types of groups, the maximum being 8 people. Awesome deal!
- Triana Apartment – Here’s another very good apartment, this time a bit smaller. I recommend it to a group of up to 4 people. The rooms are super clean and very cozy and the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful!
Budget (up to US$70)
- Acogedor Estudio En Triana – In case you prefer an apartment instead, that’s no problem at all, as this one’s more than perfect for your vacation in Seville. I’d recommend this cozy apartment to a group of up to 3 people.
- Triana Backpackers – If you want to stay on a budget close to tons of food places, bars and cafes, this option is definitely for you! This hostel has a charming rooftop terrace where you can admire the city and make some new friends at the same time!
- Resitur 532 – For those of you looking for the comfort of an apartment instead, I got one option for you as well! This beautiful apartment awaits with bright rooms, free Wi-Fi, a very good location and some unbeatable prices.
Things to do in Triana and Los Remedios
- Lose yourself in the charming streets of the area
- Drink a refreshing beer in the typical cervezerias!
- Try incredible authentic food in the lively Mercado de Triana
- See locals at work in the cute ceramic shops, called “azulejos”
5. La Macarena – where to stay in Seville on a budget
I’m sure the name sounds familiar to you from the popular dance song “Macarena”, am I right? Well, that song got its inspiration from this awesome, authentic neighborhood in Seville!
La Macarena is located a bit north of Centre and it’s full of interesting attractions; it’s also close to Barrio Santa Cruz, so you’ll be very close to all the main attractions in the city. This area used to be very poor in the past (maybe the poorest in the entire city), but a long time has passed since then; now La Macarena boasts many charming houses, tapas bars, churches and small plazas where locals meet to relax and enjoy the authentic atmosphere.
La Macarena is also a great choice for budget travelers and backpackers, as you’ll find plenty of affordable accommodations here. But no worries, there are luxurious properties as well! You can find my recommendations down below:
Luxury (US$150 and up)
- One Shot Palacio Conde de Torrejón 09 – Looking for a great 4-star hotel in Seville? Then search no more and book a room here! This one looks simply amazing, I really love the decor style – so contemporary and clean! They even have their own restaurant and bar, which is a great advantage.
- Sacristia de Santa Ana – This hotel is another very good choice in Macarena. It’s ideal if you want a super elegant place, located very close to Plaza de la Alameda. You’ll also be only 15 minutes away by foot from the city’s main landmarks!
Middle-priced (US$70 to US$150)
- Patio de La Alameda – Here’s a very interesting fact about this hotel: a long time ago, it was the home of a famous Spanish sculptor called Antonio Susillo. How cool is that? It’s true, this accommodation is super stylish and it has an excellent decor – plus a very good 3-star service!
- Alcoba del Rey de Seville – This is another great 3-star hotel in Macarena. The rooms are very cute and colorful, decorated in a classical style and they even have a nice patio in the center of the property where you can relax and enjoy your time!
Budget (up to US$70)
- Hostel A2C – If you want to know where to stay in Macarena on a budget, I told you there are going to be some good options to choose from! For example this beautiful hostel is super close to many affordable bars, flamenco places and cool clubs. You’ll definitely enjoy the good service and the prices as well!
- Jardin de la Alameda Hostal Boutique – If you’re on the hunt for a super modern and cozy guest house in the city, you just found it! One of the best things about this place is the rooftop terrace – so cool!
Things to do in Macarena
- Join this food and culture tour of Seville, among the best tapas bars!
- Walk through the city gate Puerta de la Macarena
- Buy some souvenirs at the colourful Mercado de la Feria!
6. Alameda – the coolest neighborhood in Seville for nightlife
Alameda is my recommendation for those of you who are looking for the coolest, hipster-like neighborhood in Seville!
Be prepared for an amazing experience, as Alameda is full of concert halls, awesome restaurants that serve international cuisine (real vegetarian heaven as well!), plenty of cool bars (including tapas bars, of course), cozy cafes and, of course, great boutique hotels.
I think Alameda is a great choice for all the young people out there looking to stay in a lively area, where there’s always something happening regardless if you’re visiting during the day or night. Alameda is also a great choice for people interested in clubs and nightlife.
By the way, Alameda is not very central, which means you’ll have to walk to reach the center of the city (about 20-30 minutes) or to rely on public transport. But this also means that this district is cheaper than Barrio Santa Cruz or El Arenal, for example!
Get ready, as Alameda has many hostels and cheap accommodation options, perfect for backpackers and people who want to save a couple of bucks.
Luxury (US$140 and up)
- Hotel Palacio De Villapanés – This one’s one of the most gorgeous upscale hotels in the entire Seville, I promise! This 5-star hotel is actually a converted 18th-century palace, so you’ll know right from the start that you’re going to be treated like a queen (or king)!
- H10 Corregidor Boutique Hotel – This charming boutique hotel is ideal for anyone looking for stylish and clean rooms, an Andalusian patio, free Wi-Fi and access to a great fitness center as well.
Middle-priced (US$70 to US$140)
- Patio de La Alameda – This is a great 3-star hotel that I definitely recommend to anyone that’s looking for a pleasant stay and an excellent location. Great for people interested in a cozy atmosphere and exploring the city!
- Eurostars Regina – Here’s another great 3-star hotel that you can choose from. It awaits with free Wi-Fi, beautiful balcony views, and a central position, very close to Giralda Tower, for example!
Budget (up to US$70)
- Hostel A2C – Don’t want to spend a lot of money on your hotel but you still want a perfect location, close to many food places and tapas bars? I hear you! Book a room here and you won’t regret it, as this is one of the best hostels around!
- The Corner House – This beautiful guest house comes with some unbeatable prices! The rooms are gorgeous and the location is just perfect – super close to Metropol Parasol. It even has a restaurant on the ground floor – so good!
Things to do in Alameda
- Taste some Andalucian delicious tapas at Bar Repullo
- Dance the night away at Ítaca club!
- Try the montadito pringá at Las Columnas tapas bar!
|👑 Luxury price:||€140|
|💵 Mid Range:||€100|
|💰 Accommodation prices:||medium|
|📍 Best neighborhood:||Barrio Santa Cruz|
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:||Hotel Alfonso XIII|
|💵 Mid-range hotel:||Rey Alfonso X|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||Backpackers’ Hostel|
BONUS 1: Best apartments in Seville
For those of you that want to feel at home while they travel, I hear you and I’m here with a solution! I really like staying in Airbnbs when I travel, as I feel they’re more charming and useful than some of the hotel options; they’re also great for families or people traveling in a larger group loooking for a holiday home in Seville.
In case you want to have more than one room and maybe even a kitchen that you can use, then an apartment would be the best choice for you.
Luckily for you, Seville has plenty of Airbnbs available that you can choose from!
Here are some of the best ones:
Luxury (US$120 and up)
- Puerta Catedral Apartments – If “stunning” is what you’re looking for, then you just found it! This 60 m2 apartment has an excellent location, super close to Seville Cathedral and it’s very beautiful. You’ll feel right at home, I promise!
- Ático Holiday Suites – This one’s an excellent choice as well and the rooftop terrace is probably one of the best things about the apartment! I think it’s really cool, as you’ll have incredible views of the city, close to the main attractions of Seville!
Middle-priced (US$65 – US$120)
- Furnished apartment Alfalfa – This apartment is super nice and cozy; some of the best advantages of staying here include the self-check-in (so useful!), the central location, and the quiet building.
- Apartamento Duplex en la Alfalfa, Centro Sevilla – If you always wanted to stay in a duplex (I know I do!), then this one’s perfect for you! It’s sparkling clean, nicely decorated and it has a very convenient location.
Budget (up to US$65)
- Estudio con sofá cama, cocina y baño – This one-bedroom apartment is small and cozy and it has a super good price, especially if you book it as soon as possible! It is located in the historic district of Seville – the neighborhood famous for legends, traditions, and monuments.
- “Oasi con patio” Basilica Macarena – Here’s another budget apartment super close to Basilica Macarena. This one is colorful and super clean and it has great reviews; by the way, the owner is a super host on Airbnb!
BONUS 2: Best hotels near Seville Airport
In case you have a flight that arrives very late or one that departs super early, a smart choice would be to pick a hotel that’s as close to the airport as possible. Seville Airport (SVQ) is located around 11 km away from the city center and it’s easily reachable by public transportation.
Regardless of your reasons, here are the best airport hotels in case you have decided to stay near Seville Airport (one per each type of budget):
- Hilton Garden Inn Sevilla – This amazing 4-star hotel is great for travelers looking for upscale options near the airport. Among the facilities at this property there is a beautiful outdoor swimming pool, a fitness center, large windows and more!
- Hotel Novotel Sevilla – This beautiful hotel is 8 km from the airport, but you can easily get there by public transport (or you can ask the staff, I’m sure they’ll help you). This accommodation has a stunning service for some very good prices!
- Vértice Sevilla – This is my recommendation for people that want to be as close as possible to the airport and still save a bit of money. This hotel is only 4 km away from the airport and it comes with many rooms that you can choose from.
Frequently Asked Questions about Seville
🤔 What part of Seville is best to stay?
🌇 Where is the main Centre of Seville?
👪 Where to stay in Seville with the family?
That’s it, this was my complete guide about where to stay in Seville! In the post above I have explained everything you need to know about the 6 most beautiful neighborhoods and hotels in this charming city. I gave you my hand-picked accommodation recommendations, all of them with fabulous reviews and awesome facilities.
If you read the post above, I’m sure that you are already an expert and you know a lot about the city and maybe you even found the perfect accommodation for your taste and budget range! But if you still don’t know which hotel to choose, let me help you with my top recommendations, both located in the touristic Santa Cruz neighborhood:
- Hotel Casa 1800 Seville – Gorgeous 4-star accommodation located in a 19th-century mansion, nearby all the best attractions in the city… one of the best hotels in Seville, Spain!
- Hotel Rey Alfonso X – Located in the Old Center of Seville, this great hotel is surrounded by the city’s best local attractions, ideal for travelers looking for great value for price!
I hope you found this article useful. If you need more travel inspiration for Spain, here you can find all of our posts about this wonderful country.
In case you have any other questions or concerns, let me know in the comments below, I’ll be happy to help!
Have a nice vacation,
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!