Are you looking for the best hotels in Lucca? Then you are in luck! Because I have been looking for hours and comparing one amenity with the other to find hotels in Lucca until I gathered the best Lucca hotels out there! And I have to say, I have found amazing options with the most incredible styles and amenities for the perfect vacation!
The way this article is arranged and organized is by price, starting with the luxury options, the mid-range options, and last but not least, the budget options. In the end, I’ve added a nice bonus of the best luxury hotels in Lucca so that you can choose from even more options!
Lucca is one of the most popular cities in Tuscany, featuring amazing landscapes and a rich history full of art and elegance; that is why so many people want to travel to the city and explore what it has to offer! That is why it is vital you book your hotel room in advance!
Are you ready to discover the best Lucca Hotels?
Without further ado, let’s dive in!
If you are in a hurry
If you need to book a room fast and don’t have a lot of time to read the whole article, here are the best 3 Lucca hotels so that you can click and book!
- Best 5-star luxury hotel – Palazzo Dipinto
- Top mid-range hotel – Hotel Alla Corte degli Angeli
- Best budget hotel – L’Iris B&B in Terrazza
Here is my video about best Lucca Hotels to help you choose visually:
Luxury (€180 and up)
- Palazzo Dipinto – Wow! This Lucca hotel is truly stunning! It is ideally located in the historic Lucca city center, only a short walk to the Roman amphitheater, and it features elegant interiors; some areas of the hotel have Renaissance-era walls. The hotel has an onsite bar and offers room service to all the guests of the hotel; if you wish, you can enjoy an in-room breakfast!
- Hotel Albergo Villa Marta – Do you want to discover the Tuscan countryside and feel like you are Under the Tuscan Sun? This amazing hotel is located 20 minutes away from Lucca city center by car and has a nice Victorian style, free parking, an outdoor swimming pool, and elegant rooms, some of them with Renaissance paintings and decorations that will make you feel like you are staying in a museum!
- Hotel Ilaria – Located in Lucca city center and with the main attractions just within walking distance, this luxurious hotel has the most amazing combination between history and modernity! Talking about history and modernity, what about visiting Sardinia and all it has to offer? Here is our Sardinia guide!
- Hotel Palazzo Alexander – Oh my god! I feel like I am in La Dolce Vita by Federico Fellini! The hotel architecture and decorations are just out of this world; it resembles the Italian Golden Age and has the most luxurious details in the decoration, like stunning chandeliers. The hotel offers a 10/10 complimentary breakfast, spacious rooms, and a central location!
- Hotel Villa San Michele – Located in the countryside, 20 minutes away from Lucca city walls, this hotel features a fantastic old villa building that will make you feel like you are in Sofia Coppola’s Marie Antoinette! The property comes with a beautiful garden perfect for going for a walk and admiring the mountains in the picturesque landscape! After the walk, jump in the outdoor pool and refresh before heading to the onsite restaurant for dinner!
- Hotel San Marco – This modern hotel with a trendy futuristic style is located a 10-minute walk from Lucca’s town walls and features deluxe amenities that will make you feel like a celebrity! Starting with the fantastic outdoor pool surrounded by a beautiful garden, an amazing breakfast each morning, and classic and clean rooms hosting up to 2 guests each! If you wish to discover the hotel’s area, there is a rental service onsite!
Mid Range (€130 – €160)
- Best Western Grand Hotel Guinigi – This classic hotel is located a 30-minute walk away from Lucca city center and the main train station. If you are traveling with your family and kids, you will love the game room, full of fun for the little ones. The complimentary breakfast can be enjoyed in-room or in the breakfast room. The family room comes with 2 double beds and can host up to 4 guests.
- Hotel Alla Corte degli Angeli – Located in the city center and with all the main historic attractions steps away, this hotel has a delicate and tasteful style, with amazing frescoes on the walls and ceilings and deluxe vintage furniture; truly fantastic! This hotel is pet-friendly and charges no fees for your pets, offers cooking classes, tours and classes about culture, and themed dinner nights for a fee.
- Albergo Celide – This hotel looks amazing! It has a lovely 60’s Italian style, and it is located just outside the city of Lucca and a 30-minute drive to Torre del Lago. The hotel features a lovely furnished terrace with a view. I recommend couples stay in the deluxe double room, which comes with a seating area, a comfortable bed, a spacious bathroom, and an amazing view!
- San Luca Palace – Oh la la! The splendor, those amazing vintage armchairs, high ceilings with exposed stone walls, and thick velvet curtains are simply beautiful. It definitely has a lovely old luxury vibe. It is located in the city center and offers a complimentary breakfast, nothing better than starting the day with a treat! The rooms feature up to 2 guests, are super spacious, and feature a pleasant color theme.
- Albergo San Martino – Located a short walk away from the main train station and the city center, this hotel will make you feel pampered and taken care of with its wonderful and thoughtful staff! This boutique hotel features a classic and simple style, with luxurious touches of renaissance, the complimentary breakfast offers from cakes to fresh fruit, and the hotel rooms can host up to 3 guests!
- Residenza degli Artisti – Wow! What an incredible style! The hotel is located in the city center and features the reminiscence of old Tuscan architecture with a modern and minimalistic touch. The hotel offers big rooms and apartments with up to 2 rooms and separate living rooms; all of the rooms come with a private kitchenette.
Budget (up to €120)
- Casa Paolina – What a cute hotel! It has a classy and homey vibe that makes you feel all cozy! They offer spacious apartments with a view and private kitchen, nothing better than having breakfast in the comfort of your room! If you are traveling with big groups, I highly recommend staying at the 3-bedroom apartment, which comes with 2 bathrooms and a spa bath. This room can host up to 7 guests.
- L’Iris B&B in Terrazza – Modern, simple, and elegant; what can you possibly want? You have it all in this bed and breakfast! All the rooms can host up to 2 guests, and you can clearly see that the rooms were renovated not long ago; some of the rooms come with balconies. The best thing about this property is the complimentary breakfast that is served every morning on the hotel’s rooftop.
- Residence il Duomo – Staying at this hotel, you will truly feel like a local, it is located in the city center, and the train station is only a few minutes away. Most of the rooms feature amazing views of the Duomo di San Martino, one of the city’s main attractions. The rooms and apartments feel super homey; all of them come with a private kitchen and a flat-screen TV with cable channels.
- Hotel Diana – Some of the rooms have the most amazing floor tiles, and together with the color theme of each room, and the picturesque wallpapers, the look is complete! The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast with the most delicious cakes, cereal, and fruits, perfect to start the day with all the energy! The location of the hotel is simply unbeatable; it is in the center of the city, with cafes and attractions nearby.
- Albergo Moderno – Did you know this hotel has the best coffee in the city? You can have it every morning with the most delicious cakes and more! The rooms are simple, but they have everything you need for a comfortable stay, the biggest one can host up to 3 guests, and some rooms come with balconies, contact the hotel to get these rooms!
- Hotel Melecchi – What a lovely historic hotel; it is family-run, and from the moment you come in, you feel welcomed and taken care of! This hotel is the perfect example of value for money; the location is amazing, just a short walk away from all the main attractions, and with amazing amenities, from breakfast, free parking, and a terrace with views! Rooms can host up to 2 people, making it perfect for couples or solo travelers!
|👑 Best luxury hotel||Palazzo Dipinto|
|💵 Best mid-range hotel:||Hotel Alla Corte degli Angeli|
|🛏️ Best budget hotel:||L’Iris B&B in Terrazza|
|💑 Best hotel for couples:||Hotel Albergo Villa Marta|
BONUS: Best luxury hotels in Lucca, Italy
Ah, of course, I wasn’t going to finish this article on the best Lucca hotels without sharing with you the best luxury hotels in Lucca, Italy! We all love getting the star treatment and feeling pampered; that is why I’ve searched for the best luxury hotels so you can choose where to get the celebrity treatment!
Hotel prices go from €200 to €450 per night and feature different amenities and styles. I am more than sure you will find a hotel in this list you will love!
Let’s check them out!
1. Tenuta San Giovanni Lucca
Who wouldn’t want to stay in this lovely villa surrounded by beautiful Tuscan mountains and green woods? On top of it, there is a huge swimming pool located in the garden that will help you stay cool in the warm Italian summer! The property offers amazing apartments with its own private kitchen. The city of Lucca is only a 20-minute drive away!
2. Grand Universe Lucca
How stunning! This hotel is a piece of art, and it has amazing modern elements and amenities that will make you feel like a royal! It is located in the city center and features amazing views from some of the common areas and rooms. I highly recommend staying in the Aria Junior suite to enjoy the amazing bathtub and the incredible city views!
3. Hotel Villa Casanova
Is this place even real? This hotel really looks like the most amazing estate house! The rooms are spacious and the decorations resemble the Regency period. Imagine sleeping in silk bedding, walking to your private balcony to witness the most amazing views of Tuscany, spending the day in the outdoor pool, and ending the day with a fancy dinner and a bubble bath!
4. Tenuta San Pietro Luxury Hotel
This villa is located in San Pietro, not far from Lucca, and features an amazing outdoor pool overlooking a scenic landscape with lush green mountains. I highly suggest staying at the suite with a private garden to relax in privacy while admiring the sunset with a glass of wine in hand! This room can host up to 4 guests!
5. Villa Sardi Luxury Boutique Hotel
This place is more than beautiful. I have no words to describe how incredible this place is; the natural surroundings and the stunning old architecture will make you feel like you are spending the best summer with all the cool aesthetics of Call Me By Your Name. Lucca is located 20 minutes away from the property.
6. Le Dimore del Borgo
I love this hotel color theme! They offer spacious apartments with a private kitchen, flat-screen TV, and cable channels; the biggest apartment can host up to 8 guests! The hotel is located just outside Lucca’s city walls.
FAQs about Lucca hotels
🇮🇹 Is it worth it to visit Lucca?
Yes! It is one of the most stunning cities in Tuscany and has so many amazing landmarks and historical sites.
🌆 Which hotel in Lucca is located in the city center?
🚆 Which Lucca hotel is located near the train station?
It’s a wrap, my lovely humans! Those were the best Lucca hotels out there, plus the best luxury hotels in Lucca, Italy. I’ve spoiled you with amazing options, so I am more than sure that you will find the hotel of your dreams that fits your preferences and your pocket in this article.
Honesty, I loved all the hotels mentioned in this post; so many amazing styles and amenities, I would be more than happy to stay in any of them, but if I have to choose my top 2, I’ll go with:
- Hotel Villa San Michele – This place is so beautiful I am out of words; it looks timeless, romantic, and simply gorgeous.
- Hotel Albergo Villa Marta – This hotel is so romantic! I wouldn’t want to leave!
Which of these Lucca hotels was your favorite? Have you ever stayed in any of them? Let me know in the comments, and if you have any questions about the city or hotels, ask away! I am here to help!
After you choose the hotel of your dreams, go and book your room, these hotels are super popular and tend to book super quickly!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!