Planning the ultimate family trip to Hawaii? Then you’ve hopped onto the right page! These dreamy, tropical islands are so unique that it will take time to decide which resorts to pick, but I’m here to help you with that!
In this post, you’ll find the best all-inclusive family resorts in Hawaii, listed from most to least expensive, plus a bonus section with some fantastic resorts on the beach!
NOTE: It’s important to know that Hawaii doesn’t actually have any typical all-inclusive resorts where you pay one large sum and everything is included. This is because tourists are encouraged to explore outside of their accommodation. However, the beautiful resorts you’ll find in this post offer all the facilities that you’d expect from classic all-inclusive family vacation packages like spas and restaurants, except that you’ll just pay for what you use.
You can always leave me a comment below if you need more info. I’ll be happy to help you out! But for now, all that I can say is that you should book these all-inclusive Hawaii resorts in advance because, trust me, they sell out super fast!
So let’s start this adventure already!
If you are in a hurry
If you want to book now, quickly browse this list with the best resorts that offer great Hawaii vacation packages:
- Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea – Best luxury hotel
- Koloa Landing Resort at Po’ipu – Best value for money
- Sheraton Waikiki – Best affordable accommodation in the center
Here’s a map that will help you visualize all the Hawaii resorts that I will be talking about in this post:
Luxury (US$1500 and up)
- Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea – Are you ready for an unforgettable trip to the Hawaiian Islands with the whole family? Then you’ll love this resort, which offers incredible spacious rooms with ocean views, a children’s pool, and many restaurants! Surrounded by palm trees, the resort is an oasis of tranquility where parents can relax at the spa and the kids play in the kids club. At night, gather the family together for some live entertainment!
- Montage – Set in the mesmerizing Kapalua Bay, this hotel in Maui offers all the facilities you need for your family getaway to this tropical paradise! Each room is beautifully decorated and some offer ocean views from the balcony. During the day, you can play with the little ones by the pool or at the kids club, relax in the hot tubs, or try one of the many activities that the resort offers, like water sports and movie nights. If you’re looking for some activities outside the resort, I recommend a sunset cruise!
- Grand Wailea Resort Hotel & Spa – They sure picked the right name! This resort located on Wailea Beach is so majestic and it has so many excellent amenities. Whether you spend your day doing beach activities, getting a massage at the spa, or having fun with the kids in the playrooms, you’ll love it! Besides all that, you’ll also have access to 5 restaurants, a water park, and 3 golf courses at Grand Wailea resort! Better hurry and book your all-inclusive resorts in Hawaii in advance because this one sells out so fast!
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa – Tucked away between the tropical greenery of Kauai Island, this family-friendly luxury resort offers breathtaking ocean views! You’ll have the best time enjoying a fun Maui luau show, dining at one of the 7 restaurants, and playing with the kids by the water slide. The resort also offers spa services, water sports, and a games room! Start your morning with a family breakfast, and then head to the tennis courts to have some fun!
Mid Range (US$650 – US$800)
- Koloa Landing Resort at Po’ipu – You’ll never forget your family vacation on Kauai Island after staying at this fantastic resort! With 4 swimming pools (including a saltwater lagoon pool), 4 restaurants, and oh so many things to do, you’ll wonder why you didn’t book more days! The spacious rooms come with floor-to-ceiling windows and balconies with ocean views. During the day you can go bowling, horse-riding, or diving, but make sure you end your night with a yummy dinner and a live music show.
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Kohala – Home away from home! The peaceful setting at this Big Island hotel will make you and the kids fall in love with Hawaii! Picture a perfect afternoon sitting by the pool, sunbathing, feeling the ocean breeze, and watching the kids play! The suites have a fully-equipped kitchen and outdoor BBQ facilities for anyone craving a home-cooked meal! But don’t get too comfortable at the resort because there are plenty of things to try like snorkeling, fishing, and hiking.
- Travaasa Hana Maui Resort – If privacy is what you need, then you’ll love this Maui resort! It offers spacious bungalows (perfect for families or large groups) surrounded by lush gardens and just a short walk away from the beach. Each bungalow has a terrace and a fully equipped kitchen so get ready to spend your time chilling in the garden, enjoying some beach time, learning lei-making, or paddleboarding. The list of activities is neverending, but if you’re too tired for any of them, borrow the board games and spend a fun day in!
- Aulani, A Disney Resort Spa Oahu – This place will fast become your kid’s favorite spot! Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Oahu, offers plenty of free activities, including pool parties for the children, a poolside bar, and ukulele lessons! You can make your own (nearly) all-inclusive package to suit your needs! Pick from the standard room which has the cheapest nightly rates, or the deluxe rooms, and villas with lots of facilities. While you’re there, if you’re looking for some awesome cafes in Oahu, check out my latest post!
Budget (up to US$530)
- Sheraton Waikiki – This big resort doesn’t have classic all-inclusive packages available but trust me, you can use that to your advantage and pay only for what you’ll use during this family vacation. Sheraton Waikiki has big rooms with lots of kids’ features, a water slide, and a club where they can play! Its beachfront location offers the best views and the infinity pool is simply stunning! This is just one of the awesome vacation rentals in Honolulu to choose from!
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Waikiki Beach Walk – Nestled just a short walk away from Waikiki Beach in Honolulu, this family-friendly accommodation has all the amenities you need for your holiday! All suites are super spacious and come with a living area and ocean views. My favorite bit is probably the open-air Grand Lanai, where you’ll find a kids’ pool and a hot tub. Enjoy the complimentary breakfast by the pool and then head down to the fitness center or take a yoga class while your partner takes care of the little ones!
- Embassy Suites By Hilton – Perfect for families who want to stay near the airport but still have access to numerous facilities and great rooms! This place offers a free breakfast which you can enjoy in the comfort of your room, which has a seating area, a flat-screen TV, and a coffee machine. Spend your time by the pool, playing with the kids, attending a live music show, or simply chill in the hot tub. And if you and your family are major foodies, check out my post on the best places to eat in Oahu to find some great options nearby!
- Sea Mountain – Set in such a beautiful location on the Big Island, surrounded by lush greenery and sea views, these Polynesian-styled accommodations are equipped with plenty of facilities including fully-equipped kitchens, a dining area, and a tv. At night you can gather up, bring some food and have a barbecue! And in the morning you can enjoy your coffee by the pool or garden.
|👑 Luxury price:
|🏨 Mid Range:
|💰 Accommodation prices:
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:
|Four Seasons Resort
|🧳 Best mid-range hotel:
|Koloa Landing Resort at Po’ipu
|👛 Best budget hotel:
|🏖️ Top hotel on the beach:
|Four Seasons Resort Lana’i
BONUS: Best hotels in Hawaii on the beach
Beaches in Hawaii are basically paradise on earth! Mother Nature really loved this part of the world and decided to make it as beautiful as possible!
So if your main desire is to book one of these hotels that are set right on the most beautiful beaches in Hawaii, then have a look at the list below:
Luxury (US$1500 and up)
- Four Seasons Resort Lana’i – Surrounded by tropical trees and lush greenery, this Hawaiian resort on Lanai Island has fabulous rooms decorated with dark wood furnishings. With 11 massage rooms, yoga classes, and 3 tennis courts, it’ll be hard ever to leave this place!
- Mauna Kea – There’s nothing like a delicious breakfast made with locally sourced ingredients and a yoga class to get you in the appropriate mood for this Hawaii trip! Continue with a beach sesh and some snorkeling! The accommodation has 4 restaurants, a swimming pool and a spa center as well. Plus each room is beautifully decorated and has a balcony overlooking the ocean.
- Four Seasons – Start your morning in the right way with a cup of coffee by the infinity pool of this amazing beach resort in Oahu! Each suite is super spacious and they come with a large balcony that overlooks the ocean and a deep soaking tub. Guests will have access to a tennis and golf course, and a spa center!
Mid Range (US$650 – US$800)
- Halekulani – What an incredible hotel on Waikiki Beach! Overlooking Diamond Head, the hotel has 7 restaurants, a live jazz lounge, and rooms with a spacious lanai! End a day of exploring Honolulu with a delicious dinner at La Mer or leave the resort and go on a dinner cruise. The accommodation also offers a pool and activities like tours and windsurfing.
- Kaanapali Alii – All the Hawaii resorts offer a fabulous setting and even more amazing views but this Maui resort is at the top of the list! The suites come with fully-equipped modern kitchens, and some of them have private lanais. Enjoy some lazy afternoons by the pool, admiring the ocean views, or relax in the whirlpool spa bath.
Frequently asked questions about all-inclusive resorts in Hawaii
🏨 Does Hawaii have all-inclusive resorts?
No, unlike other tropical destinations, Hawaii doesn’t have traditional all-inclusive resorts. However, you’ll find that most hotels offer many facilities for free. Hawaii is a super safe destination so tourists are encouraged to explore outside their resort!
🤔 Should you do all-inclusive in Hawaii?
Usually, tourists don’t choose Hawaii’s all-inclusive resorts because there aren’t many. Technically only the Travaasa Hana hotel offers all-inclusive packages. Resorts in Hawaii don’t offer all-inclusive vacations because the islands are super safe and the beaches are accessible from the hotels.
👶 Is Hawaii a good place for a family vacation?
Yes! Hawaii is a great place for a family vacation! Although the resorts don’t offer all-inclusive Hawaii packages which are great for families, you’ll find plenty of free activities like kids clubs, access to a movie theater, and waterparks!
🌺 Which is the best all-inclusive resort in Hawaii?
Travaasa Hana Maui Resort offers the best all-inclusive Hawaii resort experience. This kid-friendly all-inclusive Hawaii resort that overlooks Hana Bay comes with lots of free facilities including food and credit to use around the resort.
💰 When is the cheapest time of the year to visit Hawaii?
The cheapest time of year to visit Hawaii is September and October. Hotel costs and round-trip flights, tend to be more affordable at this time.
What a fabulous location! I hope this post helped you decide which are the best all-inclusive Hawaii family resorts!
As I mentioned before, while these aren’t the traditional all-inclusive Hawaii resorts that you’d expect to find, they do offer the same facilities and many of them are free!
Now you’ve seen the entire list of the best all-inclusive resorts in Hawaii from most to least expensive as well as a bonus section with some fabulous resorts on the beach!
There are so many options here, but I know it’s better to have a long list than a super short one! Still, if you need some extra help here are my favorite all-inclusive Hawaii resorts:
- Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea – A fantastic beachfront resort in Maui that offers 3 swimming pools, 3 restaurants, and many family-friendly activities
- Koloa Landing Resort at Po’ipu – This Kauai Island resort has spacious family rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows, pools suitable for children, and a water park
I highly recommend booking your all-inclusive Hawaii resorts in advance! These places offer the best (almost) all-inclusive Hawaii deals, and you’ll risk missing your favorite spot if you’re too late.
For anyone who has any questions about an all-inclusive Hawaii resort package, or how they work, I’ll be here to answer all your questions. Just leave me a comment below!
Enjoy chilling in a lazy river all day long and having the best time with your family on the beach!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!