Are you going to Tadoussac soon? That’s great! In this article, you can find a list of suggestions for the best Tadoussac hotels which will help you book your rooms easy and fast!
Tadoussac is a small town in Canada renowned for the fact that you can go whale watching there and admire the gentle giants in their natural habitat! The marine life is so diverse and beautiful there, you simply cannot miss this destination during your Canada itinerary!
If you want to find out more about Tadoussac and the tours you can take there, (including boat tours and kayak tours), you can read my article about my 2 weeks Canada road trip itinerary here.
Below I have handpicked the best hotels in Tadoussac with perfect reviews, good location, and fabulous amenities! You can find here hotels sorted by all types of budgets and even some apartments and holiday rentals that are a bit outside the city but perfect in case you are traveling in Canada with a rented car.
Best Hotels in Tadoussac, Canada
Even though Tadoussac is a small town, there are various good hotels for all budgets there. The only problem is that the rooms are usually sold out fast, given the fact this is a popular destination for whale watching. The solution? Make sure to book your hotel as soon as possible!
Here are my recommendations for luxury, middle-priced and budget accommodations in Tadoussac, Quebec, all of them with great reviews:
Luxury (220 CAD and up)
- Hotel Tadoussac – is a fabulous 4-star Tadoussac hotel that offers amazing views over Tadoussac Bay and Saguenay Fjord! Plus, they even have on-site spa services and 2 restaurants that serve delicious dishes. Feeling tired over a day of adventures? No problem, you can get a massage at the hotel or relax in the outdoor season pool!
- Maison Hovington – Another 4-star cozy accommodation, Maison Hovington is a cool Tadoussac bed and breakfast that awaits you with a nice garden, cozy and spacious rooms, and a daily buffet breakfast served on-site! Needless to say, you will benefit from free Wi-Fi and the staff can help you arrange whale watching tours in case you need it.
- Auberge Tadoussac La Merveilleuse – If you are searching for a cute and cozy inn to spend your night in Tadoussac, this is your perfect option! This inn is located right on the seafront and it awaits you with a garden, a terrace, and you can even do dog-sledding, snow-shoeing, and skiing during winter!
Middle-priced (from 150 to 220 CAD)
- Auberge Maison Gagne – This rustic-style 3-star inn is located right near Lac de l’Anse a l’Eau in Tadoussac, very close to Saguenay Fjord. This is one of the best places to stay in Tadoussac and you will be awaited with a delicious breakfast each morning, you can do hiking during the day or just relax in the rest area in the evening and just enjoy your stay. Plus, the staff is extremely friendly!
- La Galouine auberge et Restaurant – This is another cool inn with rustic and comfy rooms, free Wi-Fi, an unmissable restaurant that serves fresh seafood and wild fruit desserts and many other facilities! Except for whale watching, you can even do kayaking or explore a black bear safari during your stay!
- Motel le Beluga – This is a great middle-priced hotel in Tadoussac, Canada for people who want to be close to the whale watching tours and, depending on how much in advance you book your stay, you can even find some budget options here! This place offers free Wi-Fi, a cozy common area with a hammock and great service!
Budget (from 75 to 150 CAD)
Finding a high-quality budget hotel in Tadoussac is not that easy, but not impossible either! In case you can’t find any available hotels from the list below, another good alternative would be to book your hotel in Baie-Saine-Catherine, located very close to Tadoussac (less than 10km away). Below you can find recommendations for both Tadoussac and Baie-Sainte-Catherine for your convenience:
- Le Petit Hotel La Passe Pierre Par La Galouine – If you are searching for cheap hotels in Tadoussac, this one is an amazing option! Some of the great advantages of staying here include free Wi-Fi, a good location close to Tadoussac Chapel, an on-site restaurant that serves delicious dishes and even a cocktail bar!
- Hôtel Le Beluga is another good option located very close to Tadoussac Bay. Beluga Hotel in Tadoussac has a great location for everyone that wants to do whale watching and it also provides free Wi-Fi, a cozy seating area and an on-site restaurant (open June-October).
- Gite la Maison Rochefort – This accommodation is located in Baie-Saine-Catherine, only 8 km from Tadoussac, so it could be the perfect option if you are traveling Canada with a rented car. The B&B is extremely close to the ferry dock where the whale watching tours start and it awaits you with clean and cozy rooms, homemade breakfast and more!
- Gîte de la Colline – This is another excellent B&B in Baie-Saine-Catherine located only 6km from Tadoussac that offers gorgeous views over the sea, a nice and relaxing sun terrace, shared bathrooms, free Wi-Fi and even free private parking!
Apartments near Tadoussac
Although there aren’t any apartment options right in the city of Tadoussac, you can find a few great ones in Grandes-Bergeronnes, around 20km from the city. Staying in an apartment is a good option in case you prefer more space and intimacy or if you are traveling in a larger group. I have made the research for you and here are some options:
- Les Appartements de La Bergeronnette – This cozy and modern apartment building is around 20km away from Tadoussac and it is great for 2, 4, 6 or 8 people traveling to the area, as they have different types of apartments for all tastes! Each apartment is spacious and you will have a fully equipped kitchen, free Wi-Fi and a nice balcony, seating area and different kinds of beds that you can choose from.
- Appartement Chez Léon – Just like the previous option, this apartment is located around 20km from Tadoussac and it is fit for up to 5 people – you will get 2 full beds and 1 twin bed. The entire apartment is sparkling clean and beautifully decorated and it awaits you with a tennis court, BBQ facilities, a nice garden, a fully equipped kitchen and more!
Holiday homes near Tadoussac
Just like for the apartments, you can find some affordable and convenient holiday homes and chalets in Grandes-Bergeronnes, no more than 22 km from Tadoussac. Here are my handpicked recommendations:
- Maison Charles Edmond – This beautiful guesthouse is located in Grandes-Bergeronnes, only 22.5 km from Tadoussac and it is perfect for 2 to 4 people. All the rooms in the house have a seating area, there is free Wi-Fi all over the accommodation and some activities that you can do during your stay include cycling or hiking.
- La Maison du Forgeron – Also in Grandes-Bergeronnes, here is a wonderful vacation home perfect for a group of 4 or 6 people, depending on your desired package. During your stay, you can relax in the beautiful garden, cook your own meals in the fully equipped kitchen and benefit from free Wi-Fi!
- Chalet chez les Petit – In case you are dreaming of staying in a beachfront house, this would be the perfect option for you! This chalet near Tadoussac is also located in Grandes-Bergeronnes, right on the beach and I would recommend it for up to 5 people. After a day of exploration, you can relax in the garden located right in front of the sea – what more can you wish for?
- Centre de Vacances 5 Étoiles Family Resort – This time I am recommending something in Sacré-Coeur-Saguenay, 15 minutes away from Tadoussac by car. One of the best things about this Tadoussac accommodation is the on-site zoo, the option of staying in a yurt (a traditional Mongolian home), endless fun activities and more! They have different chalets and studios that you can choose from and they fit from 2 to 6 people – so everyone is welcome!
Type in your dates below to find out the rates:
This was my complete list of recommendations for Tadoussac hotels, as well as some apartments and holiday homes/chalets located close to the city. Each of the accommodation options in this list is fit for a specific type of budget and I have sorted them for your convenience.
As always, all of my recommendations are carefully selected by me and they have flawless reviews, great facilities and service, and a very good value for money!
That being said, I hope you will find the best option for your stay and I hope you will enjoy your every minute there and your Tadoussac whale watching experience!
If you have any further questions, let me know in the comments – I am happy to help!
- 15 Unmissable things to do in Montreal, Canada
- 8 Things You Should Know Before Renting a Car in Canada
- Where To Stay In Quebec City – A List Of The Best Old Quebec City Hotels
- 2 Weeks Canada Road Trip Itinerary – Exploring Quebec and Ontario
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!