Quebec City is the capital of Quebec Province in Canada and definitely one of the places you should add to your Canada itinerary! In case you want to do so, this article that includes some of the best Old Quebec City hotels will help you find the perfect accommodation for you!
PRO TIP: Please note that, in case you are traveling to Quebec City, you should take care of the hotel beforehand, as the rooms are usually sold out very fast! Old Quebec (or “Vieux Quebec” as they call it) is a gorgeous part of the city and a UNESCO World Heritage site and I am sure it will be a pleasure walking on its cobbled streets!
In this article you can find some of the best hotels in Quebec City, Canada, all sorted by budget. You will also find here some useful suggestions about the best areas where to stay in Quebec city, as well as gorgeous apartments and villas in the city, as well as airport accommodations!
So, let’s begin:
Best Hotels In Old Quebec City
Old Quebec City has all kinds of hotels, fit for every taste, preference and budget – all you need to do is find the perfect one for you! Old Quebec City is the liveliest part of the city and also the area where all the main attractions are located, such as Notre Dame Cathedral, Chateau Frontenac and more!
By the way, you can find out more about my 2-weeks road trip in Canada and the things to do in Quebec City, where to eat etc, in this article.
The Old Town in Québec is perfect for all types of people, regardless if you are searching for a calm and relaxed atmosphere, for cool bars and restaurants or even if you are traveling with your family and kids!
Here are some of the best hotel options in the city, all sorted by price:
Luxury (200 CAD and up)
Old Quebec City doesn’t lack luxury accommodations that will make you feel spoiled and relaxed after a full day of exploring the area, you just need to make sure to book yours in advance in order to make sure they won’t get all sold out! Here are some of the best luxury hotel options in this area:
- Fairmont Le Château Frontenac – If you’re looking for one of the best 5-star hotels in Québec city in the Old Town, this is the one for you! Frontenac Hotel in Quebec City is a fabulous accommodation that features beautiful views of St. Lawrence River, an indoor pool, hot tub, a fitness room and even steam rooms. You will definitely feel like a queen/king as this is an amazing place to stay!
Here’s a video tour of the hotel rooms at this important landmark-hotel:
- Hotel le Priori – This is another one on my list of luxury hotels in Quebec! This awesome 4-star hotel is located only 2 minutes away by foot from Downtown Old Quebec. This is actually the house of architect Jean Baillairge built in 1734 and a World Heritage Site which was transformed into a fancy boutique hotel with high-quality service! Plus, you’ll be within walking distance to St. Lawrence River!
- Hotel 71 – Another great 4-star hotel, this accommodation is located in the Old Port of Quebec near the Old City and it is definitely one of the best places to stay in Quebec City! It combines a historic aesthetic with modern facilities in order to create the perfect atmosphere! The rooms are beautiful and clean and the service is simply amazing! By the way, this one is located super close to Lawrence River as well!
- Hôtel Le Germain Québec City – Located incredibly close to the Old City of Quebec City and the Old Port, Hotel Le Germain is the perfect place to stay if you want to enjoy a relaxed atmosphere and luxury service at the same time! You will benefit from a 24-hour fitness center, free espresso and cappuccino, an incredibly cozy lounge room and more! Definitely one of the top hotels in Québec if you’re looking for a boutique hotel!
Middle-priced (120 – 200 CAD)
- Le 253 – This is a 3-stars bed and breakfast in Quebec City with great service for a very reasonable price! During your stay in the Old City you can relax in the comfy shared lounge area or on the sunny terrace. The rooms are all cozy and nicely designed, so you will definitely have a great time there!
- La Boheme – If you’re looking for an accessible, bohemian place to spend your Quebec days, then search no more! La Boheme is located right in the Old Town, very close to the city center and all the important attractions. Plus, you will benefit from free parking!
- Manoir Sainte Genevieve – Here is another one on my list of great, middle-priced places to stay in Quebec City and you should definitely consider this option! This nice and cozy hotel offers free wifi, a beautiful terrace and everything else you might need for a good stay. The value for money is great!
- Hôtel Marie-Rollet – Are you looking for a hotel close to the center and Citadelle de Quebec and Port de Quebec? Then search no more! Hotel Marie-Rollet awaits you with a rooftop terrace, sparkly clean rooms, private bathrooms and very reasonable prices for the quality of the services!
Budget (up to 120 CAD)
Finding a good budget hotel is not that easy in Old Quebec City, but definitely not impossible! I have made my research and I have selected only the best accommodation options for those traveling on a tight budget! Here is what I am recommending:
- Auberge Internationale de Québec City – This is a great 4-star hotel that offers some budget double, triple or even family rooms! All the rooms are comfy, with hardwood floors, a nice seating area where you can relax and meet other travelers and more! And as a bonus, if you book this hotel you will benefit from some discounts to local attractions and restaurants!
- Le Haute Ville – This awesome budget place to stay in Old Quebec City is very well located, so you will be super close to all the best attractions in the city, which is a great bonus! It’s actually a 3-star apartment that will offer a very pleasant stay in Quebec City!
- Hotel Chateau Bellevue – Still looking for cheap hotels in Quebec? This one has European-style rooms and decorations, generous buffet breakfast, perfect location – what more could you wish for? This 3-star hotel has all kind of offers, as well as some affordable double rooms that might be perfect for those traveling on a tight budget!
- B&B Chez Hubert – In case you are looking for an amazing bed and breakfast with great value for money, this is your answer – especially if you are traveling as a group of 3 or 4 people! During your stay you will get to relax in the lounge room, interact with the friendly staff and get a good nights’ sleep!
Old Quebec City Apartments
If you want to spend your nights in an apartment in Old Quebec City and not in a hotel, I got you covered as well! Choosing an apartment over a hotel might be the perfect solution for those traveling in a bigger group of people, as the prices are more accessible!
There are a couple of good apartments for rent in Old Quebec City for all budgets and tastes and I have selected the best ones for you:
- Les Lofts du Trésor by Les Lofts Vieux Québec City – If you are looking for a luxury 4-star apartment right in the heart of Quebec, this is one of the best ones out there! You will get free wifi, a flat-screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen and more! Plus, you will be only 100m away from Notre Dame Cathedral and Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac!
- Les Lofts St-Pierre by Les Lofts Vieux Québec – This is another great luxury apartment building ideal for 2 to 4 people! They have different types of apartments and offers which will suit every taste and preference! Free wifi, comfy and clean rooms, modern design – what more can you wish for?
- Les Lofts Champlain by Les Lofts Vieux Québec – Are you looking for some middle-priced apartments located close to all the main attractions in the city? This is a perfect option that guests 2 people. You will benefit from free Wi-Fi, modern and high-quality amenities and more! Plus, you will only be 13-minutes away by foot from Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac!
- Les Lofts Notre-Dame by Les Lofts Vieux Québec City – Another amazing option similar to the one above is Les Lofts Notre-Dame, located less than 1km away from the Basilique! This apartment is ideal for a group of up to 4 people and it features a very modern and unique design that you will surely appreciate!
- Place des Arts – Of course, there are some apartments in Quebec city for people traveling on a tight budget as well! For example, this stunning, modern apartment that’s super affordable and perfect for 2 people! The apartment has a bedroom, a fully equipped kitchenette, a seating area and a shower bathroom!
Where to stay in Quebec city – other good areas
Are you searching for more areas where to stay in Québec city other than the Old City? There are, of course, some other great neighborhoods and district options as well! Your choice depends on your preferences and budget, of course. Here are 4 more areas for a great stay in Québec city:
1. Saint Sacrement
This cute neighborhood is located on Quebec Hill and it’s a great place to stay if you’re looking for a chill, laid-back atmosphere. A great thing about this area is that it is located close to the Old Town, so you won’t be far away from all the most important attractions in the city!
In case you want to see how locals live in Quebec, here are 3 best hotels in Saint Sacrement:
- (Luxury) – L’Arvidienne Couette et Café Québec City – This luxurious hotel is hosted in one of the most beautiful buildings around and it offers upscale suites that you can choose from for an unforgettable spoiled stay. Plus, the view it offers over the city is simply superb!
- (Middle-priced) – Acacias Bed & Breakfast Québec – If you’re looking for a great value, this hotel is for you! The rooms are simply charming and the service is very good – just check out the pics! I definitely recommend it to two travelers that want to explore everything that Quebec has to offer.
- (Budget) Gîte le 812 – This awesome budget accommodation can be your home away from home during your trip to Quebec! It’s just perfect for a comfortable budget visit to one of the best neighborhoods in this wonderful city!
2. Saint Jean Baptiste
Saint-Jean-Baptiste is another great choice for those of you that want to avoid the hustle and bustle of the city center. This area is not far from Old Quebec City either, so you will be walking distance to the most important landmarks in the center.
By the way, this neighborhood is full of awesome food places, bars and shops, so you can never get bored around here!
Here are the best hotels around to choose from:
- (Luxury) Delta Hotels by Marriott Québec – This is a very popular hotel choice in this area if you’re looking for a world class service level! The hotel is rather new and it would be my first choice if I was traveling to this area soon, as it has all the facilities and amenities you might need to feel super spoiled!
- (Middle-priced) Chateau Des Tourelles – This awesome mid-range hotel has a great location and comfortable rooms. If you ever get bored, you can just take a walk around the neighborhood – it’s so pretty and special! What more can you wish for?!
- (Budget) B&B Le Transit Québec – If you’re traveling to this area on a tight budget, look no further than this cute bed and breakfast! It has some unbeatable rates and a very good service to all travelers that will book their stay here. By the way, the staff is super helpful as well. Just check out the pictures, you may fall in love!
3. Saint Roch
In case you’re a youngster looking for some adventure, Saint Roche is for you! This district is full of life at any given time, regardless if it’s night or day and it has something to offer for all types of travelers. Plus, you will be within walking distance to all the important attractions and activities in the Old Town – a great plus!
Here are the best accommodations options I have hand-picked for you in this area:
- (Luxury) Hotel PUR Québec – Looking for a luxurious experience in Saint Roch? Then you should check out this hotel, it’s simply superb and it offers a very good service. By the way, this one’s great for adults and children alike! Plus, the location is amazing, as you’ll have many food places and cafes within walking distance from you.
- (Middle-priced) Hotel Royal William – Here’s my recommendation for all travelers looking for a good mid-range experience right in the heart of this area. This accommodation has all the facilities and amenities you might need and it has a very good location as well, close to countless restaurants, cafes and bars!
- (Budget) La Boheme Québec – Here’s a lovely place that has some very good rates and an even better service. I definitely recommend it to all those that are looking for a budget-friendly place in Saint Roch! Just check out the pictures, I’m sure you’ll love it!
Sainte-Foy is another notable recommendation for all travelers that want to live where the locals do! This neighborhood is larger than the Old Town, so you’ll have plenty of cool things to explore around. Ah, by the way, this is also a great place to stay for people that are interested in doing some shopping during their stay in Quebec.
If you feel like this could be a great place for you, here are the best hotels in Sainte-Foy to choose from:
- (Luxury) Best Western Premier Hotel Aristocrate – Are you looking for the ultimate luxury in Sainte-Foy area? No worries, I got your back! This hotel has to be your destination for the ultimate luxurious stay! Just take a look at the pictures and I’m sure you’ll fall in love with the superb, clean rooms. Check it out, I’m sure you’ll love it!
- (Middle-priced) Hôtel Alt Québec – If you’re looking for a comfortable mid-range hotel instead, this one’s for you! I totally recommend this one to solo travelers, couples, friends or families as well, as it offers a very good service and it has a pretty good location as well! Ah, and the staff is super friendly and always willing to help you with anything you might need!
- (Budget) Hôtel Lindbergh Québec – In case you’re on the search for a great hotel that has budget-friendly rates and will offer a comfortable experience, make sure to check out this one! The rooms are super clean, simple and nice – just perfect for a good night’s sleep after a full day of exploring Quebec!
Quebec City Airport Hotels
In case you are staying in Québec city only for a short time or if you want to be as close to Quebec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB), I have selected some gorgeous accommodations for you as well! Check them out below:
- (Luxury) Hôtel Le Bonne Entente – This hotel is my recommendation for people who are searching for a luxury hotel located close to the airport. This 5-star accommodation is only 7km away from the airport and it provides perfect service! During your stay, you will benefit from an indoor pool, a great restaurant, a bar and even laundry service! Just check out the pictures, you’ll love it!
- (Middle-priced) Hôtel Cofortel – If you want a middle-priced accommodation with reasonable prices that is also close to the airport, then this is a great solution for you! This one is located only 5 minutes away by car from the airport and it awaits you with a fitness center, free wifi, spacious and sunny rooms and more!
- (Budget) Hotel Sepia – My budget hotel recommendation is Hotel Sepia – this great 4-star hotel is located 8km from the airport, which is a great advantage! Some of the benefits of booking a room here include free parking, delicious meals at the on-site restaurant, free Wi-Fi and modernly decorated rooms!
This was my complete list of hotels and apartment recommendations in Old Québec City and in the rest of Quebec as well! All of the hotel options that you will find in this article have stunning reviews, beautiful décor and all the facilities and amenities you might need for your stay!
I hope that this article has helped you in case you were wondering where to stay in Quebec City and I also hope you will have a great time in this beautiful city!
In case you want to find out more about my 2-weeks road trip in Canada as well as some unmissable spots and cities to see in this country, you can check out this article.
As usual, if you have any questions or suggestions, don’t be shy and leave them in the comments below!
- Best hotels in the coolest areas of Montreal, Canada
- Where to stay in Toronto – The best hotels by neighborhoods
- Best accommodations in Tadoussac, Canada
- Awesome things to do in Niagara Falls – From Canada and USA
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!