Quebec City is the capital of Quebec Province and definitely one of the places you should add to your Canada itinerary! In case you want to do so, this article that includes some of the best Old Quebec City hotels will help you find the perfect accommodation for you!
Please note that, in case you are traveling to Quebec City, you should take care of the accommodation beforehand, as the rooms are usually sold out very fast! Old Quebec (or Vieux Quebec as they call it) is a gorgeous part of the city and a UNESCO World Heritage site and I am sure it will be a pleasure walking on its cobbled streets!
In this article, you can find some of the best hotels in Quebec City, Canada, all sorted by budget. All of these hotels have great facilities and reviews and they were handpicked by me especially for you! You will also find here some useful suggestions for apartments and villas in the city, as well as hotels located close to the Quebec airport!
So, let’s begin:
Best Hotels In Old Quebec City
Old Quebec City has all kinds of hotels, fit for every taste, preference, and budget – all you need to do is find the perfect one for you! Old Quebec City is the liveliest part of the city and also the area where all the main attractions are located, such as Notre Dame Cathedral, Chateau Frontenac and more!
This place is perfect for all types of people, regardless if you are searching for a calm and relaxed atmosphere, for cool bars and restaurants or even if you are traveling with your family and kids!
Here are some of the best hotels in the city, all sorted by price:
Luxury (200 CAD and up)
Old Quebec City doesn’t lack luxury hotels that will make you feel spoiled and relaxed after a full day of exploring the area, you just need to make sure to book yours in advance in order to make sure they won’t get all sold out! Here are some of the best luxury hotels in this area:
- Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac – If you’re looking for one of the best 5-star hotels in Quebec City, this is the one for you! Frontenac Hotel in Quebec City is a fabulous accommodation that features beautiful views of St. Lawrence River, an indoor pool, hot tub, a fitness room, and even steam rooms. You will definitely feel like a queen/king during your stay!
- Hotel le Priori – This is another one on my list of luxury hotels in Quebec City! This awesome 4-star hotel is located only 2 minutes away by foot from Downtown Old Quebec. This is actually the house of architect Jean Baillairge built in 1734 and a World Heritage Site which was transformed into a fancy hotel with high-quality service!
- Hotel 71 – Another great 4-star hotel, this accommodation is located in the Old Port of Quebec and it is definitely one of the best places to stay in Quebec City! It combines a historic aesthetic with modern facilities in order to create the perfect atmosphere! The rooms are beautiful and clean and the service is simply amazing!
- Hôtel Le Germain Québec – Located incredibly close to the historic Citadel of Quebec City, Hotel Le Germain is the perfect place to stay if you want to enjoy a relaxed atmosphere and luxury service at the same time! You will benefit from a 24-hour fitness center, free espresso and cappuccino, an incredibly cozy lounge room and more! Definitely one of the top hotels in Quebec City!
Middle-priced (from 120 to 200 CAD)
- Le 253 – This is a 3-star bed and breakfast in Quebec City with great service for a very reasonable price! During your stay, you can relax in the comfy shared lounge area or on the sunny terrace. The rooms are all cozy and nicely designed, so you will definitely have a great time there!
- La Boheme – If you’re looking for an accessible, bohemian place to spend your Quebec days, then search no more! La Boheme is located very close to the city center and all the important attractions. Plus, you will benefit from free parking!
- Manoir Sainte Genevieve – Here is another one on my list of great, middle-priced places to stay in Quebec City and you should definitely consider this option! This nice and cozy hotel offers free Wi-Fi, a beautiful terrace and everything else you might need for a good stay. The value for money is great!
- Hôtel Marie-Rollet – Are you looking for a hotel close to the center and Citadelle de Quebec and Port de Quebec? Then search no more! Hotel Marie-Rollet awaits you with a rooftop terrace, sparkly clean rooms, private bathrooms and very reasonable prices for the quality of the services!
Budget (up to 120 CAD)
Finding a good budget hotel is not that easy in Old Quebec City, but definitely not impossible! I have made my research and I have selected only the best accommodation options for those traveling on a tight budget! Here is what I am recommending:
- Auberge Internationale de Quebec – This is a great 4-star hotel that offers some budget double, triple or even family rooms! All the rooms are comfy, with hardwood floors, a nice seating area where you can relax and meet other travelers and more! And as a bonus, if you book this hotel you will benefit from some discounts to local attractions and restaurants!
- La Maison Demers – This is another recommendation for people looking for cheap hotels in Old Quebec City – this nice and cozy inn! Old Quebec City is only 275m away and Notre Dame de Quebec church is 1km away, so you will be super close to all the best attractions in the city, which is a great bonus!
- Hotel Chateau Bellevue – Still looking for cheap hotels in Quebec City? This one has European-style rooms and decorations, generous buffet breakfast and the perfect location – what more could you wish for? This 3-star hotel has all kind of offers, as well as some affordable double rooms that might be perfect for those traveling on a tight budget!
- B&B Chez Hubert – In case you are looking for an amazing bed and breakfast with great value for money, this is your answer – especially if you are traveling as a group of 3 or 4 people! During your stay you will get to relax in the lounge room, interact with the friendly staff and get a good nights’ sleep!
Old Quebec City Apartments
If you want to spend your nights in an apartment in Old Quebec City and not in a hotel, I got you covered as well! Choosing an apartment over a hotel might be the perfect solution for those traveling in a bigger group of people, as the prices are more accessible!
There are a couple of good apartments for rent in Old Quebec City for all budgets and tastes and I have selected the best ones for you:
- Les Lofts du Trésor by Les Lofts Vieux Québec – If you are looking for a luxury 4-star apartment right in the heart of Quebec, this is one of the best ones out there! You will get free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen and more! Plus, you will be only 100m away from Notre Dame Cathedral and Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac!
- Les Lofts St-Pierre by Les Lofts Vieux Québec – This is another great luxury apartment building ideal for 2 to 4 people! They have different types of apartments and offers which will suit every taste and preference! Free Wi-Fi, comfy and clean rooms, modern design – what more can you wish for?
- Les Lofts Champlain by Les Lofts Vieux Québec – Are you looking for some middle-priced apartments located close to all the main attractions in the city? This is a perfect option that guests 2 people. You will benefit from free Wi-Fi, modern and high-quality amenities and more! Plus, you will only be 13-minutes away by foot from Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac!
- Les Lofts Notre-Dame by Les Lofts Vieux Québec – Another amazing option similar to the one above is Les Lofts Notre-Dame, located less than 1km away from the Basilique! This apartment is ideal for a group of up to 4 people and it features a very modern and unique design that you will surely appreciate!
- Place des Arts – Of course, there are some apartments in Quebec for people traveling on a tight budget as well! For example, this stunning, modern apartment that’s super affordable and perfect for 2 people! The apartment has a bedroom, a fully equipped kitchenette, a seating area, and a shower bathroom!
Villas in Old Quebec City
If you are traveling to Quebec in a large group, you might want to check out some villas or holidays home to see if they suit your preferences better! Here are some great options in case you are looking for a house for rent in Quebec City for a limited period of time:
- The Majestic – Old Quebec – This is a beautiful, modern and comfortable villa that can host up to 8 people! If you are searching for some good Quebec City vacation rentals, here are some of the best parts of this villa: a gorgeous terrace, central position (you will be less than 400m away from Notre Dame Cathedral!) and the high-quality amenities.
- 18th Century Historic House In the Heart of Quebec City – If you want to spend your nights in Quebec in a gorgeous wooden 18th-century historic house, this is the perfect option for you! This vacation home is perfect for up to 6 people and it provides free Wi-Fi, a fully equipped kitchen and even a balcony where you can relax and unwind!
- Little Brother – Old Quebec – In case you are traveling in a group of 4 people, this is the perfect villa for you! Located right in the heart of Old Quebec City, this gorgeously decorated villa awaits you with air-conditioned rooms, 2 bedrooms, a comfy living room and other high-quality services that you will most definitely enjoy!
Quebec City Airport Hotels
In case you are staying in Quebec only for a short time or if you want to be as close to Quebec City Jean Lesage International Airport, I have selected some gorgeous hotels for you as well! All the hotels below have awesome reviews and facilities:
- Hôtel Le Bonne Entente – Do you want to find some gorgeous Quebec City hotels with pools? This hotel is my recommendation for people who are searching for a luxury hotel located close to the airport. This 5-star accommodation is only 7km away from the airport and it provides perfect service! During your stay, you will benefit from an outdoor pool, a great restaurant, a bar, and even laundry service!
- Hôtel Cofortel – If you want a middle-priced accommodation with reasonable prices that is also close to the airport, then this is a great solution for you! This one is located only 5 minutes away by car from the airport and it awaits you with a fitness center, free Wi-Fi, spacious and sunny rooms and more!
- Hotel Sepia – My budget recommendation is Hotel Sepia – this great 4-star accommodation is located 8km from the airport, which is a great advantage! Some of the benefits of booking a room here include free parking, delicious meals at the on-site restaurant, free Wi-Fi and modernly decorated rooms!
Type your dates here to see the rates:
This was my complete list of hotels, apartments and villa recommendations in Old Quebec City! All of the hotels that you will find in this article have stunning reviews, beautiful décor and all the facilities and amenities you might need for your stay!
I hope that this article has helped you in case you were wondering where to stay in Old Quebec City and I also hope you will have a great time in this beautiful city!
In case you want to find out more about my 2-weeks road trip in Canada as well as some unmissable spots and cities to see in this country, you can check out this article.
As usual, if you have any questions or suggestions, don’t be shy and leave them in the comments below!
- 15 Unmissable things to do in Montreal, Canada
- 8 Things You Should Know Before Renting a Car in Canada
- 2 Weeks Canada Road Trip Itinerary – Exploring Quebec and Ontario
- Where To Stay In Tadoussac, Canada – Best Tadoussac Hotels
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!