Colorado Springs, lying at the eastern foot of the Rocky Mountains and close to the outdoor paradise of Pikes Peak, offers an incredible number of historical, cultural, and natural
activities for you to enjoy!
Being the largest city in Colorado, it features many neighborhoods, each of them with its own character, vibe, and attractions, and even more accommodation options to choose from.
In order to help you make the right choice for your perfect vacation, I made this guide with the best place to stay in Colorado Springs, including the top areas and hotels for different price ranges.
If you’re a first-timer, the best area to stay in Colorado Springs is Old Colorado City, close to both nature and downtown. Otherwise, there is Manitou Springs for outdoor lovers, Northgate if you want to be close to the Air Force Academy, Briargate for families, Southeast just near the airport and Woodland Park if you want a relaxing time in the mountains!
You don’t have to make any effort apart from reading the article and booking your favorite accommodation option some months in advance… it will save you money and bad last-minute surprises!
So, Without further ado… let’s start!
- If you are in a hurry
- 1. Old City & Downtown – where to stay in Colorado Springs for the first time
- 2. Manitou Springs – best area in Colorado Springs for the outdoors
- 3. Northgate – for the Air Force Academy
- 4. Briargate – most family-friendly area in Colorado Springs
- 5. Southeast Colorado Springs – where to stay near the airport
- 6. Woodland Park – most laid back area in Colorado Springs
- Frequently asked questions about Colorado Springs hotels
If you are in a hurry
If you have a short time to make a decision, check out this quick list of the best hotels in Colorado Springs, CO with great position and reviews:
The St. Mary’s Inn
Best luxury hotel
Renovated Historic Home
An Airbnb with amazing reviews
Hilton Garden Inn
Best value for money
Holiday Inn Express Hotel
Best affordable accommodation in the center
Here’s a map for you to visualize where all the areas are located in Colorado Springs that I’ll be talking about in this post:
1. Old City & Downtown – where to stay in Colorado Springs for the first time
Old Colorado City is an ancient neighborhood that will make you travel back in time with its historic houses and streets, offering lovely boutiques, souvenir shops, museums, and countless dining options at the same time.
Old Colorado City is located just outside the city center (Downtown Colorado Springs) which is why I have grouped the two together.
You’ll be well-connected to any other area of the city and have access to many cool activities in the close countryside surroundings, like the hot air balloon center, the Red Rock Canyon or the Garden of the Gods making this the best place to stay in Colorado Springs if it is your first time in the city!
In this area of Colorado, you will find hotels for any price range, including some very affordable options, offering great value and views… let’s check them out! And if you like any of them, make sure you book it as soon as you can to not lose your spot!
This luxurious Bed and Breakfast offers an amazing location in Downtown Colorado Springs, just 5 miles both from Garden of the Gods and Colorado Springs Airport. Here you will enjoy spacious guest rooms, some of them including even a spa bath or a hot tub, and access to a shared area with a fireplace to get warm in the colder months! And to start your day in the best way, they serve a delicious free hot breakfast every morning!
Other options in Old Colorado City & Downtown
Enjoy pet-friendly rooms with modern amenities in this great hotel Downtown, located close to the Garden of the Gods
Check out this affordable hotel in Colorado Springs, with an outdoor pool and a fitness center to stay in shape
Admire the panorama of Pikes Peak and Colorado Springs from this cozy house with modern rooms… yi=ou will love it!
Being the most popular area in Colorado Spring, Old Colorado City and Downtown offer a wide choice of hotels. For this reason, I decided to give you some more accommodation options to choose from… check them out:
- Luxury: The Mining Exchange – This Wyndham grand hotel is one of the best hotels in Colorado Springs, offering a great position near the Air Force Academy and the Garden of Gods. Enjoy the on-site restaurant, full-service spa, and free breakfast in the morning!
- Mid-range: Holden House 1902 Bed & Breakfast – Located in Colorado Springs, just 4 miles from the Garden of the Gods, this cozy bed and breakfast will make you immediately feel at home, offering comfy rooms, a lovely garden, and a delicious English/Irish breakfast every morning.
- Budget: Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs Downtown, Co – This great hotel in Colorado Springs, CO, offers affordable prices and location, just 8 miles from the Air Force Academy and 10 miles from Colorado Springs Airport. The hotel also provides an indoor pool, hot tub, and fitness center!
- Airbnb: Renovated Historic Home – Feel at home in this historic property with a fully-equipped kitchen and a dining room to enjoy your meals! From here you’ll have access to many bike trails leading you to Manitou Springs, Red Rocks Open Space, Seven Falls, or the Air Force Academy!
Things to do in Old Colorado City & Downtown
- Follow the beautiful trails of Monument Valley Park
- Attend the exhibitions at the Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum
- Take in the landscape of Colorado Springs from a hot air balloon
- Explore the stunning Red Rock Canyon, Nevada’s first National Conservation Area.
- Go climbing at Garden of the Gods
- Learn at the National Museum of World War II Aviation
- Check out the western artifacts at the Penrose Heritage Museum
- Visit the Olympic Training Center
2. Manitou Springs – best area in Colorado Springs for the outdoors
If you’re all about the outdoors and activities in nature, Manitou Springs is the area for you, a historic little area located in a valley just a 10-minute drive west of Colorado Springs downtown and very close to the mountains.
From here, you can easily access the majestic Rocky Mountains, where you’ll find beautiful valleys and waterfalls, as well as great hikes to explore the area, and climbs, like the Manitou Incline.
This cozy town is also famous for recreational marijuana, which is legal in Manitou, but not anywhere else in Colorado, attracting many visitors every year.
If you love nature you should also check out the Fort Carson area, located south of Colorado Springs, just a 30-minute drive from Manitou Springs. Fort Carson is actually the United States Army base, so it doesn’t offer many accommodation options around, but countless activities nestled in nature, like the Cheyenne Mountain Colorado Springs Zoo or the Cheyenne Mountain State Park.
For its shortage of hotels and touristic attractions, I suggest you stay at Manitou Springs and come to the Fort Carson area for an evening or a day exploring its incredible natural landscapes!
Check out this incredible property in Colorado Springs with views of the Pikes Peak! Here you’ll be spoiled from the moment you wake up with a delicious complimentary breakfast, to night, when you can have great dinners at the on-site restaurant. The hotel even offers a free airport shuttle and easy access to the stunning Garden of the Gods, less than a 15-minute drive from the property!
Other accommodation options in Manitou Springs
This is one of the best hotels in Colorado Springs if you’re looking for great value, with a seasonal heated pool
Check out this great budget hotel in Colorado Springs, located 11 miles from Colorado Springs Airport
This lovely home offers privacy and comfort in Colorado Springs and a great outdoor hot tub!
Garden of the Gods Resort – Even though it’s a little north of Manitou Springs, I couldn’t write this post without mentioning the Garden of the Gods Club and Resort. This is a former private country club, offering everything you need for a luxurious stay in Colorado Springs!
The amazing rooms are spacious and have fireplaces and mountain views. During your day you can play some sport at the tennis courts, swim in an Olympic-sized pool, or just relax in the spa and wellness center.
Things to do in Manitou Springs
- Explore the beautiful trails and waterfalls of the Rocky Mountains!
- Go ziplining at Seven Falls
- Hike the Manitou Incline, the most challenging hike in Manitou Springs
- Visit the 8 different Manitou Mineral Springs
- Enjoy delicious Middle Eastern specialties at Sahara Cafe
- Visit the incredible Cheyenne Mountain State Park
3. Northgate – for the Air Force Academy
Northgate Colorado Springs lies at the northern edge of Colorado Springs and takes its name from its proximity to the famous Northgate of the United States Air Force Academy, so it is the perfect place to stay if you want to visit it.
This incredible campus sits on 18,500 acres at the base of the Front Range and offers breathtaking mountain views all around, but this is not what it is famous for.
In fact, The Air Force Academy is the youngest of five military service academies, hosting unbeatable academic research centers where young generations from across the United States become future leaders for the nation… a very inspiring place to check out!
Another thing you cannot miss here is the United States Air Force Academy Cadet Chapel, just a 10-minute drive away, known for its striking spiked roof.
But apart from its main attraction, the area itself is also great, providing a wide range of amenities like hotels, movie theaters, great dining options, shops, and more… so you’ll have plenty to do after or before visiting the campus.
The Lodge at Flying Horse is a luxury 4-star hotel in Colorado Springs, part of the Flying Horse country club. Get ready to enjoy a private 18-hole golf course, 2 swimming pools, and the Athletic Club and Spa… And check out the rooms, they feature a beautiful patio from where you can enjoy mountain or golf course views!
Other accommodation options in Northgate
This incredible resort is within walking distance of the Air Force Academy and has two swimming pools!
Check out this budget hotel, where you can treat yourself in the indoor pool and hot tub, and sleep in spacious suites
Relax in this charming condo: the perfect place for a relaxing retreat nestled in Colorado Springs woodlands
Great Wolf Lodge Colorado Springs – This is another great luxury hotel in Northgate that is the best Colorado Springs hotel for kids as it features a full water park on-site! Here you can spend your days sweating in the fitness center or relaxing at the huge swimming pool, and then grab a bite to eat at one of several on-site restaurants. You’ll also love the rooms, with nature-themed kid’s suites!
Things to do in Northgate
- Visit the US Air Force Academy Museum,
- Enjoy the surrounding breathtaking mountains
- Play golf at the Flying Horse golf course
- Have the best pizzas at Walter’s 303 Pizzeria & Publik House
- Visit the Western Museum of Mining & Industry
- Gaze at the United States Air Force Academy Cadet Chapel
4. Briargate – most family-friendly area in Colorado Springs
Located a 15-20 minutes drive Northeast of Downtown Colorado Springs, just below Northgate, Briagate is more accurately described as a town than a neighborhood. This is the perfect area for families. Why?
Well, first of all, Briargate is a very peaceful area, and offers attractions for any age and taste at the same time!
If you want to have a picnic with the family, you can go to one of the many green open spaces, like the ranch-themed John Venezia Community Park, featuring looped trails, soccer fields, a splash pad, and many playgrounds where your kids can have a lot of fun!
In this area, there is even a huge dog park, where you can have relaxing strolls and enjoy the sun with your four-legged friend.
But don’t worry if you are a shopping addict, there are many good shopping malls where you can go crazy: the main one is the Briargate promenade shopping center, offering countless restaurants and stores. Additionally, there are many delicious eateries all around Briargate!
This luxury hotel in Colorado Springs, CO, offers all the comforts you need for a family-friendly holiday. The rooms are pet-friendly and spacious, hosting up to 5 people, and in the morning they serve the best complimentary breakfast! During the day there’s an amazing pool where your kids can splash so all your needs are covered!
Other accommodation options in Briargate
Get ready to relax in this great hotel with views of the Pikes Peak, featuring an indoor pool and a hot tub!
Check out this budget option with amazing facilities like a fitness center, a business center, a gazebo, and a BBQ
Check out this beautiful fully equipped home, located in a quiet neighborhood close to many shopping options
Things to do in Briargate
- Have a family picnic at John Venezia Community Park
- Take the kids to Play Street Museum Colorado Spring
- Bring your four-legged friend to the Rampart Dog Park
- Go shopping at the Briargate promenade shopping center
- Play Adventure Miniature Golf with your family
5. Southeast Colorado Springs – where to stay near the airport
If you are in town for a quick stay, or you are the type of person who’s always worried about missing the plane, no need to stress: you can stay in Southeast Colorado Springs, located a short 10-minute drive from Colorado Springs Airport!
But don’t get me wrong: the area is not all about its proximity to the airport, it actually has some cool attractions and activities to offer for any kind of interest!
If you love green spaces, here you’ll find the Quail Lake Park, a beautiful natural area centered around a lake, where you can go fishing, play volleyball, have fun with your kids at the playground or walk the 1-mile loop trail.
Otherwise, golf lovers will love the 72 holes of Valley Hi Golf Course, hosting a shop & restaurant! And if you want to get some entertainment for your nights, in Southeast Colorado Springs there is The Broadmoor World Arena, where you can attend any kind of event like concerts, comedy shows, hockey & figure skating… What else do you need?
this luxury hotel has the perfect mix of simple and modern styles, and also offers many cool amenities! In fact, here you can chill in the indoor swimming pool or at the lobby bar featuring a fireplace, or play on the pool table with the other guests!
Other accommodation in Southeast Colorado Springs
This hotel is located only 15 minutes drive from the airport and is perfect for a stay with the family!
Located at a 10-minute drive from the airport, here you’ll get very friendly and helpful staff, and pet-friendly rooms
Feel at home in this spacious house in Colorado Springs, with access to free parking and two bedrooms
Things to do in Southeast Colorado Springs
- Go fishing, play volleyball or walk at Quail Lake Park
- Check out the Peterson Air & Space Museum
- Play golf at the 72 holes Valley Hi Golf Course
- Visit the National Museum of World War II Aviation
- Attend the cool events of The Broadmoor World Arena
6. Woodland Park – most laid back area in Colorado Springs
Woodland Park is a suburban gem located a 30-minute drive west of Colorado Springs, still technically inside of the Colorado Springs Metropolitan Statistical Area and is known as “the city above the clouds” for its high elevation (from here you can see the Pikes Peak in the distance).
With its laid-back vibe and cold temperatures, this town is the perfect place for a mountain getaway… In fact, the main attraction here is the amazing natural landscapes including Pike National Forest!
If you love camping or hiking, here you’ll find plenty of incredible places to explore: from the Horsethief Falls to the Centennial Trail or Mueller and Eleven Mile State Park.
And if you’re in town with your family, you should check out Woodland Park’s premier attraction: the Rocky Mountain Dinosaur Resource Center, a crazy (and brand new) museum with lots of cool activities for children.
But Woodland Park also offers many other types of activities, especially during the summer, like outdoor concerts, festivals and a Friday farmers’ market… you won’t get bored here!
Located in Woodland Park, a 30-minute drive from Colorado Springs, this luxury resort offers many incredible suites to choose from, some of them also offer a private patio! Here you will enjoy an American breakfast every morning, access to billiards to have some fun, and great hiking or skiing in the close surroundings… What else do you need?
Other accommodation options in Woodland Park
Enjoy the outdoor hot tub in this great hotel in Woodland Park, the quietest area in Colorado Springs
Recharge your energies and disconnect in this tiny home, where you’ll enjoy full privacy and blue mountain skies!
Check out this amazing house nestled in the wonderful Rocky Mountains of Colorado Springs!
Things to do in Woodland Park
- See the Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument
- Discover Horsethief Falls to the Centennial
- Go biking, camping, hunting, or hiking at Mueller State Park
- Explore the nature and wildlife of the Eleven Mile State Park
- Bring the family to the Rocky Mountain Dinosaur Resource Center
|👑 Luxury price:||$250|
|💵 Mid Range:||$180|
|💰 Accommodation prices:||Medium|
|📍 Best area:||Old Colorado City|
|👪 Best area for families:||Briargate|
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:||The St. Mary’s Inn|
|💵 Best mid-range hotel:||Hilton Garden Inn|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||Holiday Inn Express Hotel|
Frequently asked questions about Colorado Springs hotels
📍 Which is the best place to stay in Colorado Springs, CO?
💑 Which is the best place to stay in Colorado Springs, CO for couples?
The best Colorado Springs hotel for couples is the Drury Inn & Suites Colorado Springs, located right next to the Air Force Academy!
📅 How many days do you need in Colorado Springs, CO?
3 days are enough to stay in Colorado Springs, giving you time to see its amazing natural attractions, like the Garden of Gods and Monument Valley Park, and get a feel of the local culture around the town!
⛰️ Which is the best place to stay in Colorado Springs, CO with mountain views?
The best place to stay in Colorado Springs with mountain views is Best Western Plus Peak Vista Inn & Suites, offering views on the Pikes Peak.
🔎 Which are the best things to do in Colorado Springs?
Congratulations! You made it to the end of this extensive guide about the best places to stay in Colorado Springs, CO, including the best areas and accommodation options for any interest and budget.
From luxury hotels to amazing resorts, couple-friendly accommodations, cozy houses, and budget motels, we went through so many options that at this point you could be confused about which one is the best one for your travel needs.
Don’t worry, I will give you my 2 favorite hotels in Colorado Springs, offering great value, amazing reviews, and central position:
- The St. Mary’s Inn – this is one of the best luxury hotels in Colorado Springs, offering spacious guest rooms, some of them including even a spa bath or a hot tub!
- Kinship Landing – Enjoy pet-friendly rooms with modern amenities in this great hotel, located close to the Garden of the Gods
Something grabs your attention? Then book it immediately or at least some months in advance… You don’t want to lose the spot!
I really hope this guide helped you find the perfect hotel for your stay in Colorado Springs, CO! And if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below, I will be super happy to answer your doubts!
In the meantime… have a great holiday!