Aspen, Colorado, is one of the most exclusive ski towns in the US, offering access to winter sports, outdoor activities, dining, nightlife, shopping (in Downtown Aspen), and especially glamorous hotels and ski resorts!
To help you avoid having to go through all the accommodations in Aspen mountain town, I have already researched the top booking websites and found the BEST places to stay in Aspen for any kind of budget, so you don’t have to make any effort!
Whether you’re looking for a luxury ski resort, a boutique hotel with ski-to-door access, or affordable accommodation for your exciting holiday, here you’ll find what you are looking for!
I also included some extra hotels in Snowmass, another ski village located just 20 minutes away from Aspen, so you have some more options if you prefer to stay there! But whichever you choose, just make sure you book your favorite accommodation way in advance… These places sell out super fast!
Well, now let’s start!
If you are in a hurry
If you need to book right now and you don’t have the time to read the whole post, here you’ll find the best hotels in Aspen, CO, divided by price range:
- St. Regis Aspen Resort – Best luxury hotel
- Aspen Core – Best ski condo
- Limelight Hotel Aspen – Best value for money
- Aspen Meadows Resort – Best affordable accommodation in the center
Aspen or Snowmass – which is better for you?
Aspen and Snowmass are two famous ski resorts in Colorado, located only 20 minutes’ drive from each other. Both offer access to incredible mountains like the Aspen Highlands and outdoor sports like hiking, mountain biking, and, of course, world-class skiing.
But, the two towns differ in some elements that can really make the difference in your holiday!
Aspen is a world-famous ski destination, so expect it to be quite crowded. It offers direct access to Aspen Mountain (located right in the center of town) within walking distance from most of the hotels, meaning you’ll be steps away from year-round activities! Aspen hosts more challenging ski slopes than Snowmass, so it is not really the best choice if you’re a beginner or you go on a vacation with the family. But it also offers countless restaurants and entertainment options, great if you want to enjoy the apres ski!
On the other side, Snowmass is the largest mountain in the area, offering more ski options for families, beginners, and intermediates, and it’s also more suitable for snowboarders. The town of Snowmass has a quieter atmosphere, perfect if you’re looking for a relaxing getaway.
Luxury (US$500 and up)
- Hotel Jerome, Auberge Resorts Collection – Hotel Jerome, Auberge Resorts Collection, is located right in Downtown Aspen and is one of the best hotels in town if you’re looking for luxury! Here you will have access to 3 delicious restaurants, a fitness center, and 2 bars on-site, as well as a hot tub and an outdoor pool to relax after hitting the slopes! The hotel is also perfect for a family vacation, featuring spacious rooms with private balconies and the best outdoor activities in the close surroundings.
- St. Regis Aspen Resort – Located at the base of Aspen Mountain, this modern ski hotel offers everything you need for a holiday full of comfort. In fact, the property has an outdoor pool, a spa offering several treatments, and not one but 5 different fine dining options, so you can choose every day what you feel like eating. In the area nearby, you can either go skiing, golfing, hiking, or biking, the resort offers ski equipment hire, mountain bike hire, and ski storage space… How great is that?
- The Little Nell – This luxurious mountain hotel is the only hotel in downtown Aspen that boasts ski-to-door access! But after a day of skiing, you can still do many things here: relax in the hot tub, go for a swim in the heated outdoor pool, schedule a workout with a personal trainer in the on-site fitness center, or book a massage with a highly-skilled massage therapist. The hotel rooms are also great, offering a fireplace, a minibar, and incredible views of Aspen mountain!
- The Gant – Located right at the base of Aspen Mountain and at only 5 minutes walk from the Aspen Skiing Company, this resort is THE place if you want to spend a holiday in the snow! The hotel offers facilities for any taste, including year-round outdoor pools, a hot tub, an on-site fitness center, and 5 tennis courts. And wait until you see the rooms! They all offer a wood-burning fireplace, a private balcony, and a fully equipped kitchen so you can cook your own meals in total privacy!
- Large, Luxurious Riverfront Townhouse – Looking for the right balance between comfort and luxury? Then this incredible and spacious house is for you, hosting up to 8 people! Luminous and with wooden furnishings, this space sits right on the Roaring Fork River, 2.5 blocks to the grocery store and just 4 blocks to the Silver Queen Gondola. The house will give you access to a gorgeous kitchen, a living room, a deck on the river, and even a heated rooftop pool, 2 hot tubs, and a gym… What else can you ask for?
- The Innsbruck Aspen by Frias – The Innsbruck Aspen aparthotel is a 4-star property located a 10-minute walk from Aspen Mountain! Here you can use the outdoor heated pool, spa tub, and concierge services and sleep in spacious suites with luxurious amenities. In fact, the hotel’s 6 king suites feature fireplaces, living rooms, fully equipped kitchens, and hot tubs. The property is great for a tranquil and romantic getaway with your special one… Check it out!
- Aspen Core – This luxury and modern condo in Aspen is perfect for a vacation with the family or a small group of friends, hosting up to 5 people! The property has a perfect location downtown, within walking distance to all the best restaurants and food and Wine events, plus it’s close to Aspen mountain at the same time. And here you’ll also get all the comforts of your own house such as a fully equipped kitchen, laundry machines, a living area, a tv, and much more… Check out the pics, you will love it!
Mid Range (US$300 – US$400)
- Limelight Hotel Aspen – Limelight Hotel Aspen is located within walking distance from Aspen Mountain and the panoramic Silver Queen Gondola, and 3 miles from the Buttermilk Mountain Ski Area (there’s also a ski valet on site). So you can easily engage in a large variety of activities here! But staying at the hotel is just as entertaining as going out. Here, you’ll have access to an outdoor heated pool, two hot tubs, and 2 rooftop terraces. And one of the things guests love the most is the delicious breakfast served every morning, the best way to start your day!
- W Aspen – If you are looking for a place to stay in Aspen with your four-legged friend, check out this pet-friendly hotel located right in downtown Aspen, offering great value! W Aspen offers a restaurant, an outdoor heated pool, a fitness center, and a bar onsite, but the best thing about the place is its great location, within walking distance of the best hiking and skiing trails (you’ll even get ski-in ski-out access!). The rooms are also great, with private balconies and mountain views… Definitely one of the best Aspen hotels!
- Aspen Meadows Resort – The Aspen Meadows Resort offers the best mountain views in Aspen, and a great location within walking distance of endless recreational activities, like top-rated ski trails, scenic hiking paths, and exciting white water rafting! But the property itself has a lot to offer, from on-site gourmet dining to outdoor hot tubs and a fitness center to stay in shape. I am sure you will also love the luxury suites with Keurig coffee makers, private patios, and floor-to-ceiling windows… What else do you need?
- Aspen Square Condominium Hotel – These amazing apartments have a central location in the middle of Aspen mountain town and are just steps away from the Silver Queen Gondola at Aspen Mountain! But staying here also means you’ll have access to an outdoor swimming pool, 2 hot tubs, a modern fitness center, and free private parking if you have your own car. Check out the rooms too! They all come with a fully-equipped kitchen, a private balcony included, and a spacious seating area with a wood-burning fireplace!
Budget (up to US$250)
- Hotel Durant – If you are looking for a place to stay in Aspen on a budget, this boutique hotel might be perfect for you! Here you’ll be within walking distance to the fantastic slopes of the Aspen mountains, the panoramic Aspen Mountain Gondola, and the Aspen city center to enjoy some nightlife or a good dinner. The property itself offers a hot tub, a very tranquil atmosphere, and rooms with luxury amenities, like Ralph Lauren furnishings and marble bathrooms.
- Tyrolean Lodge – Located in the heart of Aspen downtown, this affordable hotel is a 5-minute walk from the best shops, restaurants, and bars and sits on a city bus route that provides transportation to all Aspen ski areas! Here you’ll feel immediately at home, with rooms fully equipped with kitchenettes with a hob, a cable TV, and free Wi-Fi. But one of the best things you get from this property is the breathtaking mountain views… The best souvenir you can take back home is the memories of that view!
- St Moritz Lodge and Condominiums – If you want to have access to all the comforts without spending a fortune, this budget hotel could be the right option for you! Here you will have access to an amazing position at the foot of Shadow Mountain (9 blocks from Aspen Ski Mountain) and great facilities. Some examples? A year-round outdoor heated pool and whirlpool, plus rooms with full kitchenettes and seating areas, some of them even offer balcony seating overlooking the hotel pool!
|👑 Luxury price:
|💵 Mid Range:
|📅 How many days:
|🏔️ Best mountain views
|⛷️ Ski to door access
|👨👩👦 Family-friendly hotel
|☀️Best time to go:
|December – February
|🏠 Best ski condo
|🛎️ Best luxury ski resort:
|St. Regis Aspen Resort
|🧳 Best mid-range hotel:
|Limelight Hotel Aspen
|👛 Best budget hotel:
|Aspen Meadows Resort
BONUS: Best hotels in Snowmass Village
As I said in the intro, another option, if you want to have access to world-class skiing and outdoor sports, is Snowmass ski resort, located 20 minutes drive from Aspen.
This mountain town is less crowded than Aspen, so it’s perfect if you’re going on a vacation with the family or you’re looking for a place to enjoy a relaxing getaway.
Another big difference with Aspen is that Snowmass mountain (the largest in the area), offers more ski options for beginners and intermediates (while Aspen’s slopes are more challenging) and is also suitable for snowboarders.
If this sounds like what you’re looking for, then check out the amazing hotel options right below, located in Snowmass Village and divided by price range.
Luxury ($700 and up)
- Viceroy Snowmass – This award-winning resort located at the base of the Snowmass mountain, is just stunning and will offer you an exclusive service during your holiday! Here you can relax and get massages at the 7,000-square-foot spa, have delicious Latin dishes at the stylish restaurant on site, and admire mountain views from your private balcony. But the best thing about the property is that it is just stepping away from Snowmass Mountain’s ski lifts, so you have direct access to the slopes!
- The Crestwood Snowmass Village – This ski-in, ski-out hotel offers luxury facilities and an amazing location close to many ski lifts in Snowmass. The property boasts a ski rental and service center, 3 spa tubs where you can relax and get warm after skiing, and a gym to keep yourself in shape. And the lodge-style apartments will make you feel immediately at home, hosting a cozy fireplace, a fully equipped kitchen, and a private balcony. Another plus? The hotel offers a free shuttle service to Aspen Airport and downtown!
Mid Range ($300 – $500)
- Limelight Hotel Snowmass – Limelight Hotel Snowmass is one of the best hotels in the village, featuring great facilities like a fitness center, a bar and restaurant on-site, and a hot tub to enjoy some deserved relaxation. Here you will start your day with an amazing continental or buffet breakfast which will give you all the energy you need to go hiking or skiing in the surrounding area (they also offer ski rentals). And at the end of the day, you will sleep in super comfy beds in your spacious room… Perfect!
- Contemporary Mountain Cabin – If you’re going on a holiday with a group of friends (or a big family), check out this incredible cabin located in the middle of Snowmass and Aspen, hosting up to 9 people. Here you’ll be in the heart of some of the best skiing and mountain biking in the country, and right near the beautiful Roaring Fork Valley, so it’s a great base to explore it! The property offers private parking, a fully equipped kitchen, and a private patio and veranda, so you can enjoy some relaxation in full privacy!
Budget (up to $250)
- Stonebridge Inn, a Destination by Hyatt Residence – Located in Snowmass Village, the Stonebridge Inn has the best location in town, near the airport and right in the mountains at the same time. Here you can hit the nearby slopes with cross-country skiing and downhill skiing or engage in outdoor activities like snowshoeing and snowmobiling. And after an intense day of sport, you will relax in outdoor hot tubs, have delicious meals at the artisan restaurant, and take in amazing mountain views… How great does that sound?
- Pokolodi Lodge – This affordable hotel is located in the middle of the ski village, right next to the Snowmass Village Mall, perfect if you want to take a break from skiing and spend an evening shopping! The property offers amazing amenities and facilities, starting from a seasonal heated outdoor pool and hot tub where you can enjoy some deserved relaxation in spacious rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows. The place is also perfect for a family vacation, with spacious suites hosting up to 4 people!
FAQs about hotels in Aspen, CO
🛏️ Where should I stay when visiting Aspen, CO?
📅 What is the best month to go to Aspen, CO?
The best months to go to Aspen, Colorado, are from December to February, so you can enjoy world-class skiing & snowboarding in the Aspen Mountains or outdoor activities like hiking and mountain biking.
✅ Is Aspen, CO, worth visiting?
Yes, especially during the ski season (December to February), while if you visit Aspen during the summertime, you can enjoy different outdoor activities like water rafting, attend the Aspen Music Festival or visit cultural attractions like the Aspen Historical Society.
⛷️ What are the best things to do in Aspen?
The best things to do in Aspen are skiing in winter, engaging in outdoor activities like mountain biking and hiking in summer, fly fishing on the Roaring Fork River (in the White River National Forest), and taking in panoramic views from the Silver Queen Gondola.
❓ What’s better, Aspen or Snowmass Village?
Both have access to great skiing and outdoor activities, but Aspen offers more challenging ski slopes and a better nightlife, while Snowmass has ski options for families, beginners, and intermediates, and a more tranquil atmosphere!
Congrats! You finally reached the end of this extensive guide to the best places to stay in Aspen, including luxury ski resorts, hotels with ski-out access, affordable options, and amazing condos for a comfy stay.
But if you have decided you would prefer a more relaxed, family-oriented stay, I also gave you some accommodations in Snowmass Village, another popular ski town located just 20 minutes drive from Aspen.
But with all these options I guess you might be undecided right now about which is the best place for your holiday! If so, check out my absolute favorite options in Aspen, with great value for the price:
- St. Regis Aspen Resort – A luxury hotel offering an outdoor pool, a spa, and 5 different fine dining options, plus access to the best skiing, golfing and hiking in the area!
- Limelight Hotel Aspen – Limelight Hotel Aspen is a great mid-range option located within walking distance from Aspen Mountain and the panoramic Silver Queen Gondola
If you like any of the hotels I’ve just suggested to you, make sure you book them as soon as you can, so you don’t risk losing your spot… Aspen is a super popular destination!
And if you have any other questions or doubts for me, please drop them in the comments below. I will answer you as soon as I can.
Have an amazing holiday!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!