Brisbane, the capital of Queensland, is one of Australia’s greatest secrets. Many tourists skip it by heading to Sydney or Melbourne which, in my opinion, is a huge mistake!
I am proud to say that I lived in Brisbane for over two years and it is such a dear place to me, that I would like everyone to love it as much as I do! This is why I have decided to write this article, as I consider myself an (almost) local!
The capital of the Australian sunshine region makes for a perfect base for day trips such as the Gold Coast, Byron Bay or Fraser Island. You can escape to the beach, the rainforest or the mountain, which are literally one hour away from the city. However, I’m not so sure if you’ll want to escape the city as it’s got endless things to do!
By the way, if you have chosen to visit Brisbane, do not forget to check out my Top things to do in Brisbane article!
But now, you must be wondering what’s the best Brisbane accommodation available for the perfect stay. In the list below, you will find the best Brisbane hotels as well as apartments because, as you are going to see, Australians love that type of accommodation!
PRO TIP: Do not get too comfortable, being the ever-growing city that it is, Brisbane hotels sell out fast! That’s why you should book your Brisbane hotel deals ASAP, I don’t want you to look for Gold Coast accommodation instead! 😉
So without further ado, let’s get straight into it! Here is my hand-picked list of the best hotels in Brisbane, Australia, all of them have great reviews and are located in a good area:
Best Hotels in Brisbane
Sometimes it can be a bit of a pain to do the research and choose the hotel for your holidays, that’s why I have only selected the best Brisbane hotels for your stay in this sunny and lovely city.
Below you’ll be able to choose from the best hotels in Brisbane, categorized by price and with no less than outstanding reviews:
Luxury ($160 USD and up)
Australians have great taste when it comes to good hotels! That’s why almost all 5-star hotels in Brisbane are at such a high standard. If you’re talking about the Australian hotel industry, they are always trying to up their game! Because of this, splurging in luxury accommodation is always a good idea. You are worth it!
- The Calile Hotel – Honestly the best place to stay in Brisbane, my inner interior designer is screaming with joy just by writing this! With its eclectic yet simple 60s style, this hotel is the perfect stay for those looking for an alternative to the hotel chains. Hurry, book it before Wes Anderson hires it for the set of his next movie!
- W Hotel Brisbane – If you’re wondering which hotels in Brisbane have nice views, this is it! They have a wonderful view of Southbank and the Brisbane Wheel! Its originality and quirky design are stunning and this is probably one of the best hotels in Brisbane city, if not the whole region! PS. Pack your swimsuit, you’re heading to the one of the very best Brisbane Hotels with spa bath!
- Brisbane Marriott Hotel – In my opinion, this is one of the best luxury hotels in Brisbane! Marriott Brisbane is the perfect classical luxurious hotel. The style, (classical yet modern and clean) is astonishing, and so are their views! They’ve got rooms with a view of the Story Bridge, so you can admire it at night while having some room service!
Middle-priced (from $55 to $160 USD)
There’s a wide range of middle-priced accommodations in Brisbane, most of it is located right in the city, so there’s really nothing that you have to give up on when booking these beautiful hotels!
Below you’ll find a list of them, and most of them are new Brisbane hotels, so you are bound to end up in a pretty special place!
- The Westin Brisbane Hotel – The décor, cleanliness and tidiness of this hotel are just perfect! Apart from that, add a tad of luxury and the location right in the Brisbane CBD, makes it the perfect Brisbane city accommodation. This is the perfect nest for those who love city life, going shopping and having a couple of drinks at the bar!
- Next Hotel Brisbane – Definitely one of the best hotels in Brisbane city center! Located right opposite of Queen Street Mall, its location is arguably their strongest point. With an incredible rooftop swimming pool and excellent service, this is the perfect place to chill after strolling around the city and its shops!
- Sage Hotel Brisbane – This beautiful Brisbane hotel will give you all the city vibes at a really affordable price. Located in James St., at the heart of Brisbane’s fanciest neighborhood, and one of the most famous boutique hotels in Brisbane. You can relax in its spacious rooms before heading to one of Brisbane best restaurants right at its doorstep!
Budget (up to $55 USD)
As we know, Australia is THE backpacker destination! Thousands and thousands of backpackers head every year to the Antipodes in order to travel, or work and travel. And guess what? They do love Brisbane!
The city’s affordability and great weather are a backpacker’s dream. And, of course, what else do backpackers love? Right, cheap accommodation!
Whether you are a backpacker or not, finding an affordable place to stay is important for most of us humans, that’s why I have created this list with the best cheap hotels:
- Breeze Lodge – A great choice if you’re looking for budget accommodation in Brisbane. You’ll have to share your room with a couple of other travelers but if you are a female, you’ll be able to choose female dorms without any hassle! Plus, it’s located at Kangaroo Point area, 10 minutes away from the Free ferry to the city!
- Nightcap at Camp Hill Hotel – I have previously talked about this hotel in my Top things to do in Brisbane post and I just can’t stress enough about how good it is! This is one of the cutest, cheap hotels in Brisbane and a perfect place for couples looking for an affordable Brisbane getaway!
- Summerhouse Backpackers Brisbane – This is the perfect place for a solo traveler, as it is located right in between Brisbane CBD and Paddington. With a rooftop terrace and lots of areas to hang out with your newly-made friends, this hostel could quickly become your favorite place in the city.
Best Apartments in Brisbane
Are you wondering which hotels in Brisbane are good for families? Or maybe you love your independence? Do you usually get a bit tired of eating out when travelling, and sometimes crave a bit of a homemade feeling?
I get you; I sometimes feel the same way when traveling! I enjoy eating out but I love having the freedom to cook at home. That’s why, when travelling, I love staying in apartments!
When booking an apartment, you gain on independence and, sometimes, this is also great for saving money as you don’t have to splurge in overpriced meals every single time!
This is exactly why I created this list of Brisbane City apartments, which you can find below:
Luxury ($160 USD and up)
For those looking for a more upscale stay, Brisbane has a wide range of 5-star apartment complexes where you can enjoy your trip to the fullest!
- Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane – Their reception is like if you’ve stepped back in time, in an amazing kind of way. Staying here will really make you feel like a queen, and the staff is so friendly and attentive that you’ll definitely love it there! The apartments are so cozy and luxurious that long-term guests are the daily bread here, and that’s always a great sign!
- Capri by Fraser Brisbane – Located on Albert St, in-between Queen Street Mall and the Botanical Gardens, its strategic location will give you the chance to have a nap after having lunch in their Mediterranean restaurant and then keep going with your sightseeing without a bit of regret. This hotel is so comfortable and quiet, you’ll feel that you have stepped out of the city!
- Art Series – The Fantauzzo – This one is probably my favorite out of all of the places to stay in Brisbane! It’s so tastefully decorated that you will feel that you’ve stepped in a modern art museum and it will make all your cinematic dreams come true. Plus, you’ll enjoy swimming in the infinity pool!
Middle-priced (from $81 to $160 USD)
If you’d like to stay in an apartment for a middle-ranged price, keep reading and you’ll find out the best options in Brisbane:
- Alcyone Hotel Residences – If you need an energy boost after lots of travelling or a place to call home for a few days, do not hesitate to stay here! This apartment complex has all the amenities to make you feel at home. You can even take a day off from sightseeing and try out the gym and outdoor swimming pool!
- Arise Ivy & Eve Apartments – The great news about not staying right in the city center is that you get an awesome view of the city’s skyline! Here, you’ll be able to enjoy the city views from the cozy jacuzzi. And after that, why not give a try at making your own healthy meal in their fully-equipped kitchen?
- The Milton Brisbane – The greatest out of the Brisbane hotels with a balcony, this one provides a wonderful outdoor area and swimming pool for such good value that my only worry is that you’ll never want to go out to explore the city!
Budget (up to $81 USD)
In Brisbane, it is definitely possible to stay in a low budget accommodation whilst enjoying the comforts of having the whole place to yourself!
Check out the list below for a list of the best and cheapest Brisbane holiday apartments!
- Aabon Apartments & Motel – This is the right place to stay if you’re looking for an apartment complex in-between the city and the airport. It’s simple, clean and straightforward and it is just 300m away from the closest train station that will take you in the city center in less than 15 min! Great facilities and awesome reviews, at a very cheap price!
- Rydge Apartment Hotel – Located in Spring Hill, a Brisbane suburb right next to the CBD, this apartment is a wonderful choice for your Brisbane stay. Plus, its low price and sophisticated vibe makes it one of the best cheap apartments in Brisbane! Tired of walking around and don’t feel like eating out? Just use your super convenient kitchenette!
- Hampton Court Apartments – These apartments are a simple yet practical choice for a very affordable price. You don’t have to give up on comfort if your budget is a bit tighter; staying here is a very convenient option! Guests rave about the comfy beds and excellent location between the airport and the city center!
Best hotels near Brisbane Airport
Located just 30 min away from the city center, Brisbane Airport amounts more than 20 million passengers per year, which makes it the third biggest airport in Australia!
If you’re visiting Brisbane, chances are you’re landing there or maybe you’ll take a flight somewhere else! Therefore, staying close to the Brisbane Airport (BNE) is something you might want to do if your flight is at a strange time of the day.
But what are the best hotels in Brisbane near Brisbane Airport? Keep reading and you’ll find out below! Here’s my list of the best hotels near Brisbane airport:
Luxury ($160 USD and up)
- Pullman Brisbane Airport – If your flight is early in the morning or you arrive late at night, why not stay at the luxurious 5-star hotel? You can also cool off in their outdoor swimming pool; plus, dinner is served at their yummy on-site restaurant!
- Novotel Brisbane Airport – Another highly recommended option is Novotel Brisbane Airport Hotel. With similar prices to the one above, this hotel provides you with an outstanding experience and all the necessary amenities. To relax after the flight, you can get a drink and enjoy the rooftop terrace and swimming pool!
Middle-priced (from $80 to $160 USD)
- Ibis Brisbane Airport Hotel – This hotel is a perfect middle-priced option! It’s super nice and homey – that’s one of the reasons why the guests keep coming back! If you don’t carry much luggage you can even walk to the domestic departures part of the airport.
- Novena Palms Motel – Providing a free airport shuttle, this motel is a fantastic choice for those that want to leave the airport behind but are not ready to make the commute to the city. With the coziest beach vibes, this hotel even provides dinner; guest love their Indian menu!
Budget (up to $80 USD)
- Airport Clayfield Motel – For a very affordable price, you are able to stay close to the airport if you’ve got a flight at a special time of the day. The mote is just a 7-minute drive to the airport and you can arrange pick-up if you request it beforehand. Breakfast is included and the lovely staff will make your stay unforgettable!
- Ascot Budget Inn & Residences – Who said that you couldn’t stay in a sophisticated place for a fraction of the price? This hotel shows us that it is possible to enjoy a luxurious experience even if your budget is low. Plus, it’s located in one of Brisbane’s most expensive suburbs, conveniently close to the airport!
Type in your dates below to find the best rates:
Congratulations! You have reached the end of this very well-researched article, if I may say so myself! 😉
In the article above I have selected some of the best accommodation, from quality Brisbane airport hotels to the most incredible Brisbane apartments, as well as luxurious and budget accommodation. So, hopefully, by now you already know where to stay in Brisbane and I have made your life much easier!
If you’re heading to Brisbane, make sure to check out my article about Top things to do in Brisbane, where I explain the best things to do in the “city of sun” from a wannabe local perspective!
As Australian tourism grows, Brisbane is earning its name in the travel world, which means that it’s a destination with a rapidly growing popularity rate and accommodation are better booked in advance.
In short, do not waste any time and book your hotel as soon as possible, so you can get the cheapest Brisbane accommodation deals! You’ve got plenty of choices above!
I hope your Brisbane trip will be as unforgettable as mine was!
If you have any doubt at all or just would like to say hi, drop me a comment below and I’ll be happy to help you! Happy travels!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!