Oh, Marrakech! You made it so hard not to come back and talk about your beauty again! All those colorful markets, the delicious food, and the stunning scenery are calling us back!
Today we’re looking for the best riads in Marrakech! This city is one of my favorites, and I’ve looked through everything on the internet to find the top options for you. I listed them from most to least expensive, so you can quickly decide which one you want depending on how much you’ll pay per night.
These hotels offer everything you need, from airport transfers to a private terrace and rooftops with the famous Berber tent! And that’s why they sell out super fast! So I highly recommend booking your favorite Marrakech riad in advance!
Now I think we’re ready to hit the road!
If you are in a hurry
I know not all of you will want to go through the whole post. So I’ve made a list with the best riads in Marrakech so you can pick which one you want easily:
- Best riad with a roof terrace – Riad Melhoun & Spa
- Best riad for couples – Riad & Spa le Secret de Zoraida
- Best riad with a roof pool – Riad Louhou
- Best riad for families – Riad Kniza
Before we start, check out the map below, so you can visualize all the riads in Marrakech that I’ll talk about in this post:
Luxury (US$200 and up)
- Riad L’Hôtel Marrakech – Feel like a queen or king at this fantastic riad that has traditional decor and a beautiful courtyard pool! Nothing beats the beauty of these Moroccan-style homes, and their vibrant colors and facilities will make you return for more! Perfectly located in historic Medina, one of the best areas in Marrakech, the riad offers just five suites and a restaurant where you can indulge in all the traditional dishes!
- Riad Kniza – Make your trip to the hectic Medina neighborhood even more magical by staying in this traditional Moroccan riad! Dating back to the 18th century, the accommodation offers individually decorated rooms with carved wooden furniture, Berber rugs, and a fireplace! The riad features two pools and a wellness center where you can relax and enjoy some massage treatments after a day of exploring around!
- Riad Melhoun & Spa – Delicious food, incredible aesthetics, and spa facilities that will make you feel like a brand new person! Need any other reasons to come here? This stunning Riad features Moroccan craftsmanship, a living room with a fireplace, and a spa center. And the cherry on top is the rooftop terrace with a hot tub, plus 2 swimming pools.
- Riad Les Nuits de Marrakech – With a fantastic location right near the Djemaa El Fna square and Marrakech Museum, this riad offers a great price per night considering all the cool facilities they have, such as a charming terrace with great views of Medina! I wouldn’t miss the chance to try their delicious dishes, so make sure you stop by their restaurant and also ask about the activities they offer, like cooking classes and horse riding!
- Riad Kheirredine – With a great location near the main square, this stylish riad features the most incredible views of the Atlas mountains from its rooftop terrace! Each suite is traditionally decorated, and some come with a seating area. Start your day with some room service, or enjoy your meal on the rooftop restaurant before hitting the outdoor pool! Or relax in the traditional hammam before you go out to explore Marrakech!
- Riad Les Yeux Bleus – Don’t you just love the vibrant colors used in the traditional Moroccan design? They look so full of life! This elegant riad offers exactly that, plus a lovely atmosphere and plenty of facilities, including a terrace where you can eat your delicious breakfast and an outdoor swimming pool where you can hide under the shade from those strong sun rays. Make your reservations in advance for Marrakech because this city is becoming super popular, and the best ones always go first!
- Riad Olema et Spa – What should you do when it’s way too hot to go out exploring? Sit by the plunge pool, enjoy lots of cocktails and swim! Sounds pretty good, right? If you get bored, fear not. The roof terrace will be the perfect spot to move your little party! Besides all this, the accommodation features a spa center, 2 swimming pools, and a bar!
Mid Range (US$90 – US$150)
- Riad Spice by Marrakech – I love how everything is so elegant, but still, they’ve managed to keep that authentic design of a Moroccan riad! This accommodation comes with an outdoor swimming pool and a sun terrace. Each room has lots of space, flat-screen tv, and a terrace with a private pool from where you can admire the city views!
- Riad Anya & Spa – Catch a sunset on the roof terrace of this beautiful riad that offers views of the Atlas Mountains and lots of cool activities! But first, let’s talk about the gorgeous suites that have contemporary Moroccan decor, and some also come with a seating area. Ideally, located on a quiet street within walking distance of Jamaâ El Fna Square, the accommodation also has a spa center and a restaurant!
- Riad Omri – Visiting Marrakech or other sites in Morocco like Casablanca will make you feel as if you’ve stepped foot into a whole other world! This boutique riad is so beautifully decorated, and it offers exceptional service! Your air-conditioned rooms will have free wi-fi access and a private bathroom. In the morning, eat a delicious continental breakfast and then cool off by the swimming pool after sunbathing on the sun terrace!
- Le Riad Yasmine – You may have seen this one on Instagram before and it for sure deserves its social fame! Featuring 7 private rooms, this boutique hotel is set in the heart of the city, and it offers some incredible suites, all with a unique design blending contemporary elements with traditional Moroccan aesthetics. Swim in the pool, relax on the roof terrace, and eat delicious food during your stay at Riad Yasmine!
- Riad Louhou – Simple, modern, but with a touch of Morrocan style! This fabulous riad is located near some cool attractions like Bahia Palace and Jemaa el Fna square. Which I recommend seeing after you enjoy some time on the roof terrace by the pool! For a super affordable price per night, you’ll also get breakfast and fabulous rooms with a private bathroom.
- Ambre Epices Medina Riad – Set in a historic home that once belonged to a former spice merchant, this unique riad has a beautiful inner courtyard with a pool and a terrace where you can indulge in all sorts of Moroccan specialties like pastries and tea. There are only 6 rooms at the riad (more reason to book in advance), which are named after the most important stages of the Spice Route!
- Riad Le Rihani – If you’re looking for something a bit more modern but still with that Moroccan vibe, then this riad is perfect for you! Set just a 17-minute walk from Jemaa el-Fna Square, the accommodation offers an indoor lap pool and many wellness treatments! Enjoy a cup of coffee on the terrace, and then go for a swim in the pool!
Budget (up to US$60)
- Riad La Vie – If you’re looking for something a bit more affordable, then I’d recommend this riad in Marrakech, Medina, that’s located near Bahia Palace and Djemaa El Fna square. With a gorgeous design and a roof terrace, this accommodation comes with a restaurant and rooms with a garden view. For a great price per night, you get access to a spa center and an indoor pool as well!
- Riad & Spa le Secret de Zoraida – Perfect for a romantic getaway to Marrakech, this fabulous riad is set in the heart of the city not too far from the famous Le Jardin Secret and Jemaâ El Fna Square! La pièce de résistance is for sure the hot tub on the roof terrace, where you can also enjoy a drink or 2 while admiring the views of the Atlas Mountains. With plenty of oriental treatments at the spa and 2 swimming pools, you’ll find it hard to leave this place!
- Riad les 2 Portes – You’ll want to come back to Marrakech over and over again, especially after staying in this superb riad that offers a free breakfast (which you can enjoy in the dining room or on the patio). Featuring iconic Moroccan elements like a traditionally decorated living room with a fireplace and a rooftop terrace overlooking the whole city, this hotel will definitely complete your holiday in the city!
- Riad l’Oiseau du Paradis – With decor like this one, you’ll want to take pictures inside the Riad all day long! Colorful fabrics, uniquely carved furniture, and a fabulous rooftop terrace from where you can see the Koutoubia Mosque! Take a day off and enjoy a swim in the indoor pool, and try all the facilities at the spa! Massages, facial treatments, you name it, they’ve got everything!
|👑 Luxury price:
|🏨 Mid Range:
|💰 Accommodation prices:
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:
|Riad L’Hôtel Marrakech
|🧳 Best mid-range hotel:
|Riad Spice by Marrakech
|👛 Best budget hotel:
|Riad La Vie
|🌙 Top riad with a roof terrace:
|Riad Melhoun & Spa
Frequently asked questions about riads in Marrakech
🤔 What is a Marrakech riad?
Riads are traditional Moroccan house with a central interior garden or courtyard, and it usually has a fountain or pool at the center.
🏨 Which is the best luxury riad in Marrakech?
Riad L’Hôtel Marrakech is one of the best luxury riads in Marrakech! It features incredible decor, a great location, and a pool!
💰 How much is a riad in Morocco?
The prices per night for a riad in Morocco start from US$200 for luxury, US$100 for mid-range, and US$60 for the budget.
I’m sure now you’re a big fan of this city (just like I am)! And how could you not, when there’s so much beauty around!
This post has the best riads in Marrakech, which I listed from most to least expensive.
That way, you can decide quickly which one is your favorite. But I know that all of them are simply beautiful and it’s hard to choose, so here are my top 2 favorite riads in Marrakech:
- Riad L’Hôtel Marrakech – Is this a palace? It sure looks like one! This incredible riad has stunning decor, a swimming pool, and a colorful garden
- Riad Anya & Spa – Enjoy some pampering time at the spa center of this traditionally decorated riad that has a hot tub on the terrace
Remember what I said! These are the best riads in Marrakech. If you want to book a room at one of them, you’ll have to snatch it fast! That means booking it in advance to avoid paying a fortune per night (or even worse, not finding any rooms).
Well, my part is done here! I hope you enjoy your holiday in magical Marrakech and don’t forget that I’m here to help you with any questions that you may have.
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!