Do you want to go to the beach but you’re tired of the Spanish and Italian shores? Then I recommend heading over to France and enjoy its Riviera – Saint Tropez is one of my favorites over there!
I recommend staying in town for more than a day, this way you can discover the city while relaxing next to the ocean! If you are not sure of what can be done here, you can check out my list of Best things to do in Saint Tropez.
Now that you have decided to organize a vacation there, the next question is: where to stay in St. Tropez? Let me help you with your decision!
I have chosen some of the best hotels in St. Tropez and grouped them by type and price category for your convenience. All these hotels have great amenities and reviews, so you will definitely enjoy your stay there.
Here are my recommendations:
When you want to select accommodation, there are many factors that come into place, starting with your preferences. Would you like to book a room, the whole apartment, or maybe you’re interested in an all-inclusive resort? Regardless of your choice, you will find some great recommendations here!
By the way, most people arrive to St. Tropez by car – and that’s what I recommend as well! If you want to find out about the other options of getting to Saint Tropez from other big cities in the South of France (Nice, Marseilles and Cannes), I recommend checking out my article about St. Tropez!
Below I have selected the best hotels which I know you will love! They are divided by price range so you can find the one that fits your budget best:
Luxury (€200 and up)
- Hotel Byblos Saint-Tropez – You can choose between a room, suite, or duplex at the Byblos Saint Tropez Hotel, so you can enjoy the Mediterranean style installations and the breathtaking views! It is located in the heart of Saint-Tropez village between the Provence and French Riviera Region. Each room and suite is decorated with a Provençal theme and can have a garden, pool, or village view!
- La Bastide de Saint-Tropez – Definitely considered among the St. Tropez luxury hotels, this 5-star accommodation comes with a diversity of choices from small double rooms, suites, and apartments that can hold up to four people, children included. The entire décor, furniture, and design reflects the luxury experience you will receive there!
- Luxury & Exclusive Resort – This accommodation is probably the best Saint Tropez all-inclusive resort you will come across! It has all the amenities you could imagine, from a hot tub, gym, indoor swimming pool, to the outdoor options of relaxing by the garden or going out for some hiking. This St. Tropez resort will make you feel like a celebrity!
- Sezz Saint-Tropez – Do you want to know which hotels in Saint-Tropez are good for couples? Sezz St. Tropez is your ideal option! This 5-star accommodation has a modern outdoor swimming pool and it’s only 200m from the beach. All of their suites have their own private courtyard and shower outside; you will probably not find another hotel with these features! Plus, they offer a free shuttle service to the city center.
Middle-priced (from €100 to €200)
- Kube Saint-Tropez – Kube Hotel Saint Tropez is a luxury hotel near the Citadel, a 30-minute walk away but with great views along the streets! The accommodation is a luxury technological resort with a fitness room, treatment room, and three swimming pools. Plus, it is located in a 2 hectare landscaped park surrounded by pinewoods and lovely views of the Gulf of Saint Tropez!
- Pastis Hotel St. Tropez – This is a stylish and comfortable hotel with an outdoor swimming pool and a private terrace with many palm trees. This hotel in St. Tropez has sun loungers and beach chairs so you can enjoy the pool or the nearby beach. All rooms have a flat-screen TV with a DVD player, and a nice view of the swimming pool.
- Hotel des Lices – Hotel des Lices in Saint Tropez offers a range of rooms going from single to a family of seven. You have many beaches around, some less than 500m away and there is also a swimming pool available on-site if you do not want to head over to the beach!
- Best Western Plus La Marina – Plus La Marina in Sainte-Maxime is probably one of the few hotels near St. Tropez that’s both eco-friendly while also having well-equipped rooms and facilities such as a gym and outdoor swimming pool. It is right in front of the Port and within walking distance to a couple of lovely beaches.
Budget (up to €100)
- Le Mas de Marie – This B&B is in the Cogolin area, 500 m from the beach and close to a diving center, while less than a 15-minute walk from Port Grimaud. The property has an outdoor pool for the guests and free Wi-Fi around the rooms. Saint-Tropez is only a 10-minute drive away and the Port nearby is great for travelers that don’t only want beaches, but also vineyards and hiking activities.
- Résidence Pierre & Vacances Les Platanes – It is a great budget option for two travelers over in Sainte-Maxime. To get to Saint-Tropez, you can take a quick ferry ride from the port, it is a 15-minute ride that goes every 20 minutes. The accommodation includes a fully equipped kitchen and a terrace or balcony.
- Hotel Matisse, Sure Hotel Collection by Best Western – This St. Tropez accommodation is on the outskirts, in Sainte-Maxime, a short ferry ride away from St. Tropez. All rooms are decorated in a Provençal style and have a view of the sea. It is a great option if traveling with your family because they have an outdoor children’s playground and many board games!
Best St. Tropez hotels on the beach
The beautiful St. Tropez beaches have different hotels that give a front-row seat to the oceans’ magic but also some restaurants, casinos, and bars where you can stop at if you have booked your stay someplace else! If you want to get more out of your Saint-Tropez visit than just enjoying the beaches, I recommend checking out the local nightlife!
The city is known for its glamour, celebrities, parties, and stunning scenery. And to match this idea, I want to share with you the best hotels to stay in right on the beach!
The French Riviera has been the perfect destination for the rich and famous since 1850. Does this mean I could see some celebrities?, you may ask. Yes! From Bono, Beyoncé, Jay-Z, or Nichole Scherzinger, there is a high chance you will bump into your favorite star during a night out or in one of St. Tropez’s best resorts!
Below you can find my handpicked recommendations on best St. Tropez hotels with direct beach access:
Luxury (€200 and up)
- Le Yaca – Have you wondered where do celebrities stay in Saint Tropez? Believe it or not, at this hotel! Famous faces like Orson Welles and Prince Ali Khan have stayed in this 18th century residence. Le Yaca is one of the best St. Tropez hotels with a pool that has a charming garden around it. The rooms have a view of the sea, garden, village, or pool!
- Hôtel de Paris Saint-Tropez – This 5-star hotel is a great option for a two-person stay. It has a spa and a rooftop, outdoor pool with a sun terrace. In case you are wondering which hotels in Saint-Tropez have nice views, this is the perfect choice for you! The rooms have a home automation system to manage lighting and climate, and the bathroom comes with slippers and a bathrobe. What more could you ask for?
Middle-priced (from €120 to €200)
- Le Mouillage – It is located on the sea-front and has an interior courtyard with a seasonal outdoor swimming pool. This Saint Tropez hotel has a lovely garden filled with evergreen plants around the property. Each room has a private terrace for you to enjoy the sea view all day, and free Wi-Fi available 24/7.
- Pastis Hotel St. Tropez – This is a stylish and comfortable hotel with an outdoor swimming pool and a private terrace with many palm trees. This hotel in Saint Tropez has sun loungers and beach chairs so you can enjoy the pool or the nearby beach. All the rooms have a flat-screen TV with a DVD player, and a relaxing view of the swimming pool.
Budget (up to €120)
- Les Lauriers – The hotel rooms are individually decorated in a Scandinavian style, they all have air-conditioning and a private bathroom. This accommodation has a B&B vibe, quaint and cozy but big enough to be a 3-star hotel. Les Lauriers is a great choice if you are planning to travel with your family because of their family room!
- Hotel B Lodge – The best thing about this hotel near the beach is its price- it’s a great accommodation for a comfortable price. All rooms have air-conditioning, and some have a furnished balcony with a garden or city views. If you go to the nearest beach you will see there are umbrellas waiting to be used by the hotel guests!
Best Apartments/Villas in St. Tropez
I have previously mentioned some options for hotels, grouped by price to make your choice easier. But, sometimes, as guests, we want to feel at home while on vacation, so apartments and villas can be your perfect solution! Plus, apartments and villas are actually cheaper than hotels for this destination!
By booking a stay in these accommodations you can expect to get great service as if you were in a hotel, while also having the freedom of using the apartment amenities!
Let me share some of the best St. Tropez apartments and villas options with you:
Luxury (€160 and up)
- Villa Belrose – This is a great option for couples! Villa Belrose is a 5-minute drive from the city center but a comfortable walk from the Mediterranean Sea. You can also just stay at the villa to enjoy the first-class pool and service while admiring the beautiful view of the French Riviera!
- Villa Marie Saint Tropez – At this accommodation, you will feel like a celebrity with the world-class service and guest treatment. This villa in St. Tropez has a sunbathing terrace and a beautifully designed outdoor pool which is illuminated at night. There is also a massage area and a fitness room for the guests. Every room opens onto a patio or the Provencal garden that surrounds the property.
- Hotel Villa Cosy – This Saint-Tropez villa is a short, 5-minute walk from Saint-Tropez center and Place des Lices. All rooms are decorated with cream and chocolate tones, giving a clean and comfy vibe. The accommodation also has a private patio that takes you to the poolside terrace!
Middle-priced (from €90 to €160)
- Villa Casabianca – This bed and breakfast in St. Tropez is a dream style accommodation with spacious bedrooms and a lovely garden where you can enjoy the landscape. The B&B is small and cozy, while also being located near the center. Most beaches of Pampelonne are a 15-minute drive away, while Bouillabaisse Beach is only 300m away.
- Le Mas de la Dame – This one is among the best B&B St. Tropez has to offer, with reasonably priced rooms and a great outdoor swimming pool for the guests. Bouillabaisse is the closest gold sand beach in the area and there are also some great restaurants nearby! When booking in Saint Tropez, I recommend you choose between the double room with a garden view or the three-bedroom villa to enjoy the trip.
- Maison D Orange – This is another lovely accommodation option in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur. It is a compound of apartments which are small but great for up to four people. It includes one bedroom, a living room, a full kitchen, and a terrace. This tropezian style fisherman’s house was updated with a contemporary design and it is very close to the beaches as well!
Budget (up to €90)
- Windward – This is a queen-size aparthotel perfect for two travelers, with very comfortable rooms and not too noisy. This accommodation is very stylish, modern and will charm you with their lovely garden and terrace. Windward is a great budget option to stay and is located very close to the beach.
- Port-Grimaud Romantique (newly renovated) – The apartment is right on the port and offers a restaurant and a private beach for the guests. It has one bedroom, a flat-screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen, and a washing machine. You can also enjoy the on-site terrace, or go out for some fishing near the property.
Best Hotels for families in St. Tropez
With a diversity of options, I had to handpick some St. Tropez hotels that will offer the perfect stay for family trips as well!
When choosing the perfect accommodation for your family, it’s best to go for a hotel next to the beach, so everyone can enjoy the sand and the ocean. Here are my fabulous and spacious recommendations for families traveling to St. Tropez:
- Hotel Pan Dei Palais – This is among the best luxury options where you can enjoy the St. Tropez beaches! This hotel has an oriental-palace décor and on the outside has a pool-side summer bar right next to the outdoor swimming pool. All of their suites or smaller rooms are super cozy and they even have a city or pool view for you to enjoy!
- Hotel le Mandala – Choose this middle-priced accommodation if you want to feel at home when traveling with your entire family. There are bedroom options for all tastes and they all have elegant decoration for you to feel like royalty next to the beaches! The new and modern furniture, as well as the décor will make you think you are being part of a fairy tale!
- Hôtel le Chardon Bleu – Which hotels in Saint-Tropez are good for families? This is your best budget option and it is also part of the cheap hotels in Saint Tropez! In terms of family comfort, the rooms are at an affordable price with air conditioning and a balcony. The rooms are spacious and there are also many activities nearby such as sailing, diving, fishing, and canoeing!
Type in your dates below to find the best rates:
This was my complete list of hotels, apartments, and villas in St.Tropez! All the hotels I mentioned in this article have the best reviews, gorgeous décor, and all the amenities you might need during your stay!
PRO TIP: if you are going to stay in a high class or middle priced hotel and you are not arriving there by car, ask them about the transportation options in advance, they usually have the transfer from the city included.
I hope that this post helped you if you were wondering where to stay and what to choose from all the different St. Tropez hotels.
Again, if you want to find out more about all the things that you can do in St. Tropez other than sunbathing, please check out my article about 7 Things to do in St. Tropez, France.
As always, if you want to share a question or suggestion, you can tell me in the comments below! 🙂 I’ll be more than glad to answer!
I wish you a great vacation in St. Tropez!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!