You can never go wrong with Bali as your holiday destination! Visiting the land of rice fields, mesmerizing beaches, and mysterious jungles is always a good idea!
If you’re looking for some unique bamboo houses in Bali, then trust me, you’ve reached the right page! In this post, you’ll find some top-notch options which I ordered from most to least expensive so that you can easily pick your favorite!
Since Bali is pretty big and it has lots of accommodation options, I decided to add 2 bonuses, with the top eco-friendly resorts in Bali and the most amazing luxury villas.
That way, you’ll have a wide range of options which never hurts! But remember that Bali is super popular, and in these last few years, more and more tourists have been coming here, so definitely make sure you book your favorite resort or bamboo house early!
I won’t hold you any longer. Let’s go!
If you are in a hurry
Don’t have the time to go over the whole post? Then have a look at the list below, which has the best bamboo houses in Bali:
- Best luxury hotel – Veluvana Bali
- Best value for money – Bambu Indah
- Best affordable accommodation – Bamboo Turtles Ecolodge
Check out the map below if you need a bit of help visualizing the locations of all the bamboo houses that I’ll talk about in this post.
Luxury (US$500 and up)
- Sharma Springs – Sleep like a baby in this otherworldly green village in Abiansemal! Built with natural materials, this beautiful bamboo house in Bali offers some incredible jungle views, 5 rooms, a fully-equipped kitchen, and an outdoor swimming pool. Perfect getaway for any nature lover, this incredible house will make you feel as if you’re in paradise!
- Veluvana Bali – Start your morning with a yummy breakfast at this gorgeous bamboo house in Sidemen. Perfect for those who love sustainable living, the resort offers a villa with a private pool, a one-bedroom villa, and two-bedroom villas as well. Each place is special, and it features breathtaking jungle views through its large windows, a private bathroom, and a ground floor with a lounge area.
- Camaya Bali – This bamboo house in Bali is everything you imagined and more! Stunning mountain views, rooms with a large double bed and terraces, a private bathroom, an outdoor shower, and a lush garden! Each morning you can have some breakfast at the hotel and then head out to visit places like Mount Agung! Don’t forget to book your bamboo houses in advance, as these places are becoming more popular!
- Tower House – Nature lovers will fall in love with this place which was surely built by talented local workers! Located in Bringkit, the accommodation offers a large villa with 4 rooms, a private pool, a terrace with a garden view, and air-conditioning. Grab a drink and chill in one of the hammocks!
- Aura House Bali – Set along the beautiful Ayung River gorge, just 30 minutes away from Ubud, this incredible place is made out of locally grown Asper Bamboo. The rooms have stunning decor and come with air-conditioning, free Wi-Fi, a complimentary breakfast on the first day of your stay, and a private pool that overlooks the lush jungle!
- Ulaman Eco Retreat – What I love about this bamboo villa is that it has its own unique character (and also that it was built solely from bamboo)! The accommodation is set in Tabanan, and it offers different villas with lake views, a balcony, and a private bathroom. During your stay, you can relax at the spa center, in the hot tub, take yoga classes and rent bikes to explore or visit attractions like Mount Agung.
Mid-Range (from US$250 to US$460)
- Magic Hills Bali – Queen House Magical Eco Lodge – Eager to jump in one of those rose petal baths? Then check out this eco bamboo house set in Pering Sari! The 2-bedroom villa features 2 rooms with a large round bed, a private garden, and a pool! You’ll also have access to a hot spring bath (yay), a sun terrace, and an outdoor fireplace.
- Bird Hills Bamboo House – What a dreamy location! This beautiful Bali bamboo house is set in Karangasem, and it’s perfect for some adventurous travelers who want to explore the jungle! The 2-bedroom lodge has everything you need for your stay, including a fully-equipped kitchen and free Wi-Fi, and it also offers a daily breakfast plus a shuttle service to Ngurah Rai International Airport.
- Bambu Indah – Another incredible bamboo house hotel set within walking distance of Central Ubud! This place is all about clean living and respecting the Balinese village life, and they offer many sustainable services like a natural pool, food from the garden, and others. All the bamboo villas (especially the Copper House and Moon House) are beautifully decorated and have gorgeous views!
- Stone House – Here’s another great bamboo house hotel in Ubud that I’m sure you’ll love! The tree house resort offers different villas and rooms with garden and pool views, stunning decors, large hammocks where you can chill for hours, and yummy food! Guests can book some massage time and also rent out bikes to explore Ubud, one of the best areas in Bali!
- Samanvaya Luxury Resort & Spa – Set on the rice terraces of Sidemen Valley, just 1h away from Ubud, this gorgeous resort offers different bamboo houses with large double beds, a private balcony that overlooks the rice terraces, and a rain shower! Sounds like such a dream, and the atmosphere is so enchanting that you’ll never want to leave! Definitely book some time at the spa while here!
- Beehouse Dijiwa Ubud – Wake up to a stunning view and enjoy your morning coffee, tea, or matcha on the balcony of your Bali bamboo house that has such unique decor and that boasts pool views. Enjoy a relaxing rose bath and then eat a yummy meal at the on-site restaurant before heading out to explore the rice fields!
Budget (up to US$210)
- Le Bamboo Bali – Looking for a more affordable place to stay in Uluwatu? Then check out this lovely bamboo house which has such a cool boho-chic design, a comfy bed, and a terrace that overlooks the wild forests! Grab your swimsuit and chill out in the swimming pool, or head for a meal at the restaurant on-site that serves Asian and European cuisine.
- Bamboo Turtles Ecolodge – If you’re planning a tranquil getaway in Uluwatu, then you’ll love this cute little bamboo house, which screams relaxation. There’s nothing like waking up on holiday, having coffee and reading a good book, meditating, or doing anything that sets you up for the day, and this place has rooms with a balcony, an outdoor swimming pool, and a terrace, just perfect for that!
- Jero Tumbuk Private Villa – Yoga, healthy organic food, and a sense of inner peace. Now, this sounds like the perfect holiday in Bali! And this bamboo house hotel in Selat offers just that and more! Tale a break from exploring rice fields and enjoy a slow day at the spa center, relax on the balcony of your bamboo house, or go for a swim in the pool!
- Balikayanas Bamboo House – Miggiell House – A gorgeous bamboo house in Karangasem where you can unwind and spend a couple of days doing nothing but swimming in the pool or in the hammock! The simple yet super chic bamboo house comes with a terrace, a garden, and 2 bathrooms. Start your morning with some breakfast here, and then get ready to visit a rice field!
- Bali Firefly BnB – Beautiful Ubud is filled with rice terraces and incredible bamboo houses like this one! Surrounded by tropical trees and breathtaking views, the accommodation offers different rooms that have a walk-in shower and a balcony that overlooks the mountains. You’ll also find at the hotel an infinity pool, delicious food, and a fitness center.
- Le Sabot Ubud – Lazy mornings spent in your own private bamboo house and slow days spent by the swimming pool. Sounds amazing, right? You can enjoy all that at this great bamboo house in Ubud that comes with a lush, extensive garden and rooms with a fully-equipped kitchen.
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:||Veluvana Bali|
|🧳 Best mid-range hotel:||Bambu Indah|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||Bamboo Turtles Ecolodge|
|🍃 Top eco-friendly resort:||Wapa di Ume SidemeThe Sebali|
BONUS 1: Top eco-friendly resorts in Bali
Now that we’ve seen the most magical bamboo houses in Bali, I thought I would make a bonus section with some amazing eco-friendly resorts here that I think you’re all going to love! Bali has so many fabulous places to stay that I wanted to share the most amazing ones with our readers.
I’ve ordered them from most to least expensive, and the prices start from US$100 to US$500:
- The Sebali Resort – What an incredible resort in Ubud! Surrounded by an abundance of tropical trees and plants, this accommodation is set near a river, and it has a lovely infinity pool that overlooks the whole forest! The accommodation also offers a restaurant, a spa center, and room service.
- Wapa di Ume Sidemen: The Sebali Resort – Can we just move into this place in Ubud? It looks so amazing! Everything from the rice terraces to the design of the hotel to the infinity pools adds up to the magic of this accommodation which also offers comfortable rooms, yoga classes, a yummy complimentary breakfast, and bikes to explore the area!
- Louka Beach Bali – Set on a private beach in Tianyar, this accommodation offers everything you need for a relaxing holiday! Their bungalows have such a cool authentic design, and of course, there’s an infinity pool where you can catch a scenic sunset. The resort offers breakfast every morning, a spa center, and a bar.
- Kelapa Retreat & Spa – Wale up to the sound of the waves crashing on the shore at this resort in Pulukan with a private beach! With a modern design and lots of cool facilities like an infinity pool, a spa center where you can enjoy massages on the beach (who need music when you’ve got the ocean right there), and yoga lessons.
- Ayung Resort Ubud – Free yoga classes, lazy afternoons by the pool, and delicious food? Count me in! This incredible resort in Ubud is surrounded by tropical greenery, and it offers villas built-in true Balinese style that comes with a balcony, wooden furnishings, and marble flooring.
- Puri Dajuma Beach Eco-Resort & Spa – This beachfront resort in Pulukan will become your new favorite hotel in Bali! Steps away from the ocean, the accommodation offers a relaxing atmosphere, cozy cottages with sea views, an outdoor pool, and a spa center.
BONUS 2: Luxury private villas in Bali
As I mentioned earlier, Bali is filled with incredible places to stay, particularly for a romantic getaway, and nothing beats the luxury accommodations in this destination! That’s why I thought I’d make a final bonus section with some fabulous luxurious private villas in Bali where you can spend your holiday.
I’ve already ordered the villas from most to least expensive, and it goes from US$400 to US$1,400:
- The Edge Bali – Class, elegance, and an incredible view! This luxurious villa in Uluwatu is ready to welcome you with open arms! You’ll find here a super modern design, personal butlers, a spa center, a wine cellar, and multiple pools! Bring your good vibe and be ready for an unforgettable experience!
- Alila Villas Uluwatu – You’ll love the minimalistic design of this villa in Uluwatu has such an amazing infinity pool, villas that have an elevated outdoor pavilion overlooking the ocean, and a dining area. The resort also features an art gallery that features Indonesian artwork and a library!
- Sunset Paradise Villa Uluwatu – Feel at home in this Uluwatu villa that offers a super cozy atmosphere! The resort comes with an outdoor swimming pool where you can sunbathe all day long, spacious rooms, a fully-equipped kitchen, and bicycle rentals for those who want to explore Uluwatu.
- Kayumanis Nusa Dua Private Villa & Spa – Set in Nusa Dua, this mesmerizing resort will offer your that relaxing holiday you’ve been craving for so long! Get ready to sleep in the comfiest beds, eat delicious food, relax at the spa center, practice some yoga, and relax on the beach all day long!
- The Samaya Ubud – A modern hotel set just a 15 min drive away from central Ubud that features luxurious villas surrounded by rice fields and hillsides. Relax in the morning by your private pool and then head to the restaurant for a yummy meal. Each villa also has a butler service.
- Samsara Ubud – Fancy a floating breakfast? Then book one of the villas at this fabulous resort that is set in Ubud. The accommodation features some incredible facilities like an infinity pool, spa facilities, yoga classes, and a restaurant.
FAQs about bamboo houses in Bali
🎍 Which are some of the most magical bamboo houses in Ubud?
💰 How much does it cost to stay in a Bamboo house in Bali?
You can expect to pay around US$500 for a luxury bamboo house in Bali, US$300 for a mid-range one, and US$200 or less for a budget one.
🤔 Which are the best bamboo houses in Bali?
What a place! It’s so magical and lush!
I hope that you enjoyed reading this post about the best bamboo houses in Bali, as much as I had fun writing it! Don’t forget I also came up with 2 bonus sections, with the best eco-friendly resorts here and the top luxury villas in Bali.
Make sure to check them out, as you might find your Cinderella shoe there that fits you perfectly! And once you do, book it super fast, as these places will surely sell out in advance.
Now that we’re getting ready to wrap it up, I wanted to give you my 2 favorite bamboo villas in Bali (all of them are gorgeous, but these 2 really caught my eye):
- Veluvana Bali – This is surely the best bamboo house, as it has a stunning location, an amazing design, and breathtaking views.
- Bambu Indah – You’ll love the cool decor of this great bamboo house that has natural food and which serves organic food.
Alright, everyone! Enjoy your adventurous travels in Indonesia, and as always, I’m here for anyone with extra questions about these bamboo bungalows.
All you’ve gotta do is drop a comment below, and I’ll answer super fast!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!