Holbox is an idyllic island located in the Yucatan Peninsula on Mexico’s northern coast. With its white-sand beaches and crystal clear waters, it’s the perfect place for a relaxing holiday or a romantic break!
If you’re looking for the best hotels in Holbox, you came to the right place! In this post, I have compiled a list of the TOP accommodations where to stay in Holbox for any taste and budget, from popular luxury hotels and all-inclusive resorts to more affordable choices.
I have also included a bonus with the best beachfront hotels, for the ultimate beach vacation!
But since it’s receiving more and more tourists every year, it can be hard to find accommodation in Holbox, so I suggest you book your favorite hotel as soon as you can, otherwise, you might lose your spot!
Are you ready to check them all with me?
Let’s jump right in!
If you are in a hurry
If you are in a rush and you want to book immediately, check out this quick list of the best hotels in Holbox, from luxury to budget:
- Mystique Holbox by Royalton – Best luxury hotel
- Hotel Siesta Holbox – Best value for money
- Tribu Hostel – Best affordable accommodation in the center
Check out this map to know where all the Holbox hotels I’ll be talking about in this post are located:
Luxury (US$180 and up)
- Hotel Villas Flamingos – Hotel Villas Flamingos is THE ultimate spot for a tropical getaway, nestled in the Yum Balam Natural Reserve on Holbox Island. Here you’ll wake up in hut-style rooms with ocean views, relax in the two swimming pools or engage in the cool activities organized by this Holbox hotel, like scuba diving, kayaking, and snorkeling. You can also rent bikes or call for a golf cart taxi to explore Isla Holbox!
- Mystique Holbox by Royalton – Mystique Holbox hotel offers literally everything for a luxury stay in Isla Holbox. In fact, the property offers a hotel restaurant for the most delicious dinners, an outdoor swimming pool, a fitness center to keep yourself in shape, and golf carts to get around. And wait until you see the beautiful rooms with air conditioning, free wi-fi access, and a gorgeous balcony!
- Casa Blanca – Nestled in tropical gardens, this Holbox hotel is the perfect place for a tranquil holiday in total peacefulness! Located just a few steps from Holbox beach, the property has a tranquil garden with an outdoor pool, a sun terrace, and hammocks where you can take naps in every corner! The air-conditioned rooms are also amazing, from where you’ll have access to a delicious breakfast every morning, the best way to start the day!
- Villas el Encanto Holbox – This beachfront hotel has a great location, a short walk from its amazing private beach area in Holbox beach, with hammocks and beds. Here you’ll sleep in luxury bungalows or tents right on the beach… perfect to live your best island life or a romantic getaway! And if you want to reach the center of Isla Holbox, you’ll reach it by walking 10 minutes or less along the beach!
- Casa Las Tortugas Petit Beach Hotel & Spa – Casa Las Tortugas is one of the most popular hotels in Isla Holbox, and once there you’ll understand why! This family-run hotel is within walking distance of the beach and offers a private pool, a hot tub, and a hammam, plus stylish hut-style rooms for the best sleep! But one of the hotel’s highlights is its amazing restaurant, serving a range of international food… try it for dinner!
Mid Range (US$130 – US$170)
- Casa Iguana Holbox – Check out this amazing rustic-style hotel in Isla Holbox, offering the best central location within walking distance of the beach and a 25 minutes drive by golf cart from Cocos Beach. Here you’ll have access to great facilities like an outdoor swimming pool and a quiet restaurant serving delicious Mexican dishes and seafood! Another plus? A massage service is available for an extra fee.
- Hotel Para Ti – Adults Only – Want to have a vacation in total privacy, without the noise of kids screaming? Then Hotel Para Ti is for you, offering great value for the price! This adults-only Holbox hotel features a rooftop infinity pool to chill, a bar to enjoy refreshing cocktails and a delicious continental breakfast served every morning… the perfect way to start your day in Isla Holbox. And all this for very reasonable prices!
- Hotel Casa HX – Adults Only – This is another adults-only hotel in Isla Holbox, perfect if you want to spend a relaxing vacation surrounded by nature. The property is just beautiful, completely new, offering an outdoor swimming pool, the best food at the on-site restaurant, and amazing cocktails at the roof bar. Guests particularly love the staff who are very kind, super helpful, and always available for tips.
- Hotel Boutique Naj Casa Holbox – You will love this boutique hotel within walking distance from Playa Holbox, perfect for a vacation with the family in Isla Holbox! Here you’ll have all the comforts you need, starting from the spacious family rooms and apartments, boasting garden and pool views, a lovely balcony, and a small kitchenette where you can cook the best dinners to enjoy in total privacy… What else do you need?
- Hotel Siesta Holbox – Hotel Siesta Holbox is located right in the center of Isla Holbox town, an easy walking distance to restaurants in the evening and to the beaches in the daytime. Here you’ll find super comfy and fully equipped rooms and a very friendly staff who will make you feel immediately welcomed! The nearest airport to this Holbox hotel is Cancún International Airport, 50 miles from the property, in case you want to stay in Cancun.
Budget (up to US$120)
- Tribu Hostel – If you’re looking for a place where to stay on a budget in Isla Holbox, you just found it! This colorful hostel offers a cozy garden with hammocks and an amazing roof terrace overlooking the island. Here you can choose to sleep in spacious private rooms or shared dormitories and you’ll have access to a communal kitchen and BBQ facilities. The hostel also organizes kite surfing lessons, movie nights, and jam sessions in the bar… the perfect way of meeting new people!
- Villas Palmar Holbox – This is one of the best cheap hotels in Isla Holbox, located a few steps away from the beach! The property is perfect for a vacation with the family, offering spacious family rooms, some of which come with a patio with a pool view, others with a private kitchenette including a microwave and fridge. There is even a children’s playground where your kids can play while you enjoy some well-deserved relaxation.
- Hotel La Casa del Capi – This is definitely one of the best hotels on Holbox island if you are traveling on a budget, offering great value for the price! Here you’ll stay in a super central location in Isla Holbox, a short walk to the best beaches and restaurants and to the ferry terminal. Even though it’s simple, this Isla Holbox hotel has everything you need for a pleasant stay: cleanness, safety, and super welcoming staff.
- EncantaLuna – You won’t believe the great prices at this accommodation in Holbox Island! These lovely little rooms will make you feel immediately at home and the friendly owner (and their dog) will be ready to welcome you the minute you arrive. The beachy theme and thatched roof will ensure you really feel like you’re on holiday and all your stress is sure to melt right away! This is one of the best Holbox hotels if you want to save some money!
|👑 Luxury price:||US$180|
|💵 Mid Range:||US$110|
|💰 Accommodation prices:||Average|
|📅 How many days:||3-5|
|👩❤👨 Honeymoon hotel:||Villas el Encanto Holbox|
|🌊 Top hotel with a view||Hotel Villas Flamingos|
|🏖️ With a private beach||Villas Caracol|
|☀️ Best time to go:||December – March|
|🛎️ Best boutique hotel:||Hotel Boutique Naj Casa|
|🏰 Best luxury hotel:||Mystique Holbox by Royalton|
|🧳 Best mid-range hotel:||Hotel Siesta Holbox|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||Tribu Hostel|
BONUS: 4 Amazing beachfront hotels where to stay in Holbox
I guess one of the main reasons you’re going to have a holiday in Isla Holbox is to enjoy its amazing beaches and blue marine waters, similar to the ones you can find if you stay in Isla Mujeres. So which better way to do that than staying in a beachfront hotel?
Isla Holbox is full of amazing hotels located a few steps from the beach, or even with access to their own private beach, so you can enjoy some quietness while you soak up some sun! All of these are luxury hotels in Holbox listed from most to least expensive with prices between $400 – $200.
- Villas Caracol – Villas Caracol, located on Playa Norte Beach, will take your vacation in Isla Holbox to the next level. In fact, this Holbox hotel has a private beach area with Balinese beds, stylish suites decorated with elegant décor, and a cool beach club. Here you’ll even have access to Villa Caracol’s kayaks to explore Isla Holbox and the sea, plus you’ll be super close to Holbox Ferry Terminal offering whale shark-watching trips!
- Las Nubes de Holbox – Las Nubes de Holbox is one of the best beachfront hotels on Holbox Island, located a 1-minute’s walk from the beach. This boutique hotel features sweeping ocean views, a spa offering relaxing massages, and paddle boats or kayaks for exploring the waters of Isla Holbox. And if you come here during the winter holidays, the hotel organizes even Christmas and new years eve dinners for an extra cost!
- Tierra del Mar Hotel – Check out this incredible beachfront hotel in Isla Holbox, literally a 1-minute walk from the beach. Here you’ll start your day with a delicious breakfast directly on the beach, with a great view of the Caribbean sea, and finish it drinking a cocktail at the beach club just near the hotel. And if you get tired of the sand, there is an amazing outdoor pool where you can chill… a true gem in Isla Holbox!
- Zomay Beachfront Holbox – Have access to your own private beach in Isla Holbox, from this amazing property at just 2 minute’s walk from the beach. This is definitely one of the best Holbox hotels to enjoy a family holiday, offering many facilities such as a restaurant, a garden, and a children’s playground. And when the sun goes down, make sure you grab a drink at the on-site bar and you gaze at the most beautiful sunsets!
Frequently asked questions about hotels in Holbox
👑 Which are the best hotels in Isla Holbox?
🛎️ Which are the best luxury hotels where to stay in Isla Holbox?
🏖️ Which is the best beachfront hotel in Isla Holbox Mexico?
📅 How many days should I spend in Isla Holbox Mexico?
Even if Isla Holbox, Mexico, is pretty small, you should stay there between three and five days. This is a good amount of time to soak up the island life, sample some delicious food, and visit the best natural attractions of Isla Holbox.
👀 What are the best things to do in Isla Holbox Mexico?
The best things to do when visiting Isla Holbox Mexico include taking a boat trip in search of the whale sharks, eating the famous lobster pizza (a typical dish from Isla Holbox), or just relaxing on Playa Norte Beach.
Congrats! You made it until the end of this extensive guide about where to stay in Holbox, a magical island just off Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula.
We saw all the best Holbox hotels, for any taste and budget, from luxury to cheap hotels, including also some amazing beachfront properties if you are looking for the ultimate beach holiday!
By now, you should know which hotel is the best for your travel needs, but if you’re still undecided don’t worry, I put below my 2 favorite accommodation options with great value for price… check them out!
- Hotel Villas Flamingos – one of the best luxury hotels, located in the Yum Balam Natural Reserve, offering bikes or golf cart taxis to explore Isla Holbox.
- Hotel Siesta Holbox – this mid-range hotel has the best location in Isla Holbox, an easy walking distance to restaurants and to the best beaches
If you have been to one of these amazing hotels in Isla Holbox and you want to share your experience, or you simply have some questions for me, please leave them in the comments below and I’ll answer you as soon as I can!
And don’t forget to book your favorite hotel way in advance… places sell out super fast in this stunning destination.
Have a sunny holiday!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!