Tulum, in the state of Quintana Roo, is one of the most loved destinations in Mexico, and there’s no wonder why! This incredible city has everything from white sand beaches, crazy nightlife, a lush jungle, and Mayan ruins… but especially a huge offering of accommodation options for any taste.
Today we will explore the best boutique hotels in Tulum, where you will spend a relaxing vacation enjoying the comforts of a private beach, gourmet food, wellness center, bohemian style, stunning design, and much more!
Since the Tulum boutique hotels are countless, it could be quite hard for you to find the right one for your travel needs… that’s why I’ve already done the job for you and compiled a big list of the best boutique hotels divided by price range. I’ve even added a special bonus section with the best adults-only boutique hotels for those of you who are looking for a special escape from the kids!
From luxury hotels to more affordable options, in this article, you have everything you need to make the right decision for your dreamy holiday in Tulum. Just remember to book them at least some months in advance, these are the best hotels in town and places sell out in the blink of an eye!
Ready? Let’s go!
If you are in a hurry
Here’s a quick list of the best boutique hotels in Tulum, with great locations and reviews:
- Casa Malca – Best luxury hotel
- Sueños Tulum – Best value for money
- Orchid House Tulum – Best affordable accommodation in the center
Check out this map to help you visualize where are located all the amazing Tulum boutique hotels I will be talking about:
Luxury Tulum Boutique Hotels (US$500 and up)
- Casa Malca – Check out this luxurious boutique hotel, located on a white sand beach in Tulum, on the edge of the unspoiled Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve. This incredible hotel offers an on-site restaurant, a wellness center with relaxing spa treatments, and an outdoor swimming pool… for a stay full of comforts! A fun fact about this boutique hotel: it was once owned by Pablo Escobar, one of the world’s most known drug lords!
- La Valise Tulum – La Valise Tulum is one of the best boutique hotels in Tulum if you want to enjoy a luxurious stay on Tulum Beach. This beachfront hotel is located close to the lush jungle and will spoil you from day to night! Relax in the heated infinity pool overlooking the jungle on one side and the Caribbean ocean on the other. Check out the thatched roof rooms, with indoor and outdoor showers, terraces with jungle views, and room service… What more do you need?
- Hotel Ma’xanab Tulum – Located within walking distance of Tulum Beach, this is one of the best boutique hotels in Tulum Mexico if you’re looking for luxury! This 5 stars boutique hotel offers guest rooms with a private balcony, sea and jungle views, and a private plunge pool. Have delicious dinners at the onsite restaurant, refresh yourself in the plunge pool, or get a spa treatment in a wellness center. The hotel guests absolutely love the accommodation… check out the reviews!
- La Zebra a Colibri Boutique Hotel – This boutique hotel will offer you one of the best chic experiences in Tulum Beach! Here you will be entertained at any time of the day, having a drink with music at the beach club, incredible dinners at the on-site restaurant, or splashing in your private plunge pool. The rooms of this Tulum hotel will give you access to air conditioning, free parking, and free wifi… perfect for a family vacation, a romantic getaway, or a fun escape with friends!
- Encantada Tulum – Check out this stunning boutique hotel, located on an unspoiled beach between the Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve and Tulum National Park! In this Tulum hotel, each room is unique, decorated with local textiles and artwork, offering tropical gardens and sea views. The food is also great, start your day with a delicious continental breakfast and have Mexican and international dishes at the bar or on the beach… the perfect way to take a break from the sun!
- Hotel Muaré Tulum – Situated in the jungle of Tulum, this boutique hotel has one of the best locations in the city, just 5 miles from Tulum’s Archaeological Site, and within walking distance from downtown and Tulum beach at the same time. The adult-only hotel also offers luxury amenities like a Mexican-Mediterranean restaurant, a full-time bar, and rooms with a private pool. This is definitely one of the best boutique hotels for a romantic getaway or a fun vacation with friends!
- Cabanas Tulum – If you’re looking for a secluded vacation, you should definitely check out this boutique hotel, located on one of the best beaches in Tulum, Mexico. Here you can have a tropical cocktail with a sunset view at the Ziggy’s Beach Club or just relax on your private rooftop terrace with a hot tub. In your room, you will have literally everything you need and more, like yoga mats and beach bags! And if you want to explore the surroundings, the hotel staff will arrange tours to the best attractions of the Riviera Maya.
- Jashita Hotel – Jashita hotel is located on a white-sand beach just 9 miles from Tulum Hotel Zone! This boutique hotel has everything you need for a stay full of comforts: 3 outdoor pools (of which one is an infinity pool), a bar-restaurant serving local and international dishes, and even suites with private plunge pools and a private sea-view terrace. Here you can also engage in several activities like beachfront yoga classes, snorkeling, or scuba diving (like the ones you can do on the beautiful Cozumel Island!)
Mid Range Boutique Hotels (US$350 – US$450)
- Sueños Tulum – If you want to have all the comforts of a boutique hotel but at super affordable prices, this Tulum hotel is for you! Located right in the Hotel Zone, this eco-hotel will spoil you with an outdoor swimming pool, spa treatments, and even yoga classes. One of the best things about Sueños Tulum boutique hotel is its location, at only a 10-minute drive from the ruins of the Riviera Maya and within walking distance of some delicious dining options (otherwise, there’s an on-site restaurant serving local cuisine).
- NEST Tulum – Located just a few steps away from Tulum Beach, this 4-star boutique hotel in Tulum Mexico has only nine guest houses and a four-bedroom private villa. Any accommodation you’ll choose will make you immediately feel at home, thanks to the cozy and intimate interiors and laid-back atmosphere. Staying here will also give you access to a restaurant, free private parking, a bar, and a garden… one of the best boutique hotels for a romantic or family getaway!
- Kan Tulum – Located only 2 miles from Tulum Beach, this is one of the best boutique hotels if you’re looking for peace, quiet, and privacy. This boutique hotel opened in February 2021 and offers ‘treehouse studio’ rooms that will make you feel you’re in the middle of the jungle. But this doesn’t mean you won’t have all the comforts: here you can spend your day relaxing at the outdoor swimming pool, bar, and tropical garden!
- Alaya Tulum – Check out one of the best boutique hotels in Tulum, located right on the beach! This beautiful property has a special terrace where you can do yoga and a private beach area where you can soak up some sun, splash in the crystal clear water, or enjoy the best sunsets! You will absolutely love the treehouse accommodation, nestled amongst the jungle trees, offering private balconies and beach or garden views… What else do you need?
- Habitas Tulum – Another great option if you want to enjoy some privacy and tranquility in Tulum Mexico. In fact, this Tulum hotel has only 35 rooms, offering air conditioning, outdoor rain showers, and stunning views of the beach, pool, and jungle landscapes. The hotel has a holistic approach to a spiritual and full-filling stay, meant to preserve and cure your peace of mind: you will feel it from the food, the music, the staff, and activities like meditation and yoga classes!
Budget Tulum Boutique Hotels (up to US$250)
- Una Vida – One of the best boutique hotels in Tulum if you want to save some money! This Tulum hotel was designed and built by young professionals inspired by the beauty of the surrounding nature surrounding the property. Located in the jungle side of Tulum, in this property you will enjoy the quietness of the forest and the comforts of the top luxury hotels. Here there are only eleven separate and independent villas, with jungle and garden views with access to zen-like pools and common areas… a great fit for families, friends, and couples looking for a quiet and chic vacation!
- Orchid House Tulum – Check out this affordable Tulum hotel offering a Boho style and all the amenities of the best boutique hotels! Here you can enjoy delicious dinners at the restaurant, splash in the outdoor swimming pool, and have fresh cocktails at the on-site bar. The design of the hotel is just incredible: the rooms and the hotel interiors are futuristic in an eco-conscious way, and the general environment will make you feel like you are in the jungle. The perfect choice if you want to relax in an intimate and tranquil setting!
- Hotel Boutique TerraNova – Situated in Tulum Mexico, only 5 miles from Tulum Archeological Site, this is one of the best affordable boutique hotels! Here you can enjoy different activities in and around Tulum, like cycling, exploring the Mayan ruins, and the Parque Nacional Tulum, all in the close surroundings. But this Tulum hotel has itself a lot to offer: a restaurant, free private parking, an outdoor swimming pool, and a bar… everything you need for a comfortable stay!
- Elements Tulum Boutique Hotel – Among all the boutique hotels in Tulum, this is the best option if you want to stay on a budget! The hotel has a good location in the city of Tulum Mexico, a short 20 min cycle to the beach (you can rent bikes from the hotel at very cheap prices). The property offers an on-site restaurant, free private parking, a garden, a terrace, and lovely rooms with air conditioning. Here you’ll start your day full of energy with the delicious American breakfast…guests love it!
- Little Gem Hotel Tulum La Veleta – If you’re going to Tulum with your family and you want to stay on a budget, this is one of the best boutique hotels in town! Little Gem Hotel Tulum La Veleta offers spacious family rooms with air conditioning, hosting up to 4 people: some of them come with a patio and others with pool views. The location is also great, close to the best restaurants and bars, and only 4 miles from Tulum’s hotel zone and its beach clubs… take a bike at the hotel and explore them all!
|💰 Accommodation prices:||High|
|📅 How many days:||4-7 days|
|👩❤👨 Best honeymoon hotel:||Hotel Muaré Tulum|
|🌊 Top hotel with a view||Mi Amor a Colibri|
|🏖️ Hotel with private beach||Alaya Tulum|
|🍽️ Dinner for 2 with wine:||$80|
|☀️ Best time to go:||November – December|
|🛎️ Best boutique hotel:||Cabanas Tulum|
|🏰 Most unique hotel:||Hotel Bardo – Adults Only|
|👸 Where celebrities stay:||Casa Malca|
BONUS: Best adults-only boutique hotels in Tulum
If you want to spend your holiday in Tulum in complete privacy and relax, enjoying peaceful moments without standing the noise of kids, you should check out these boutique hotels only for adults!
Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway with your couple or the perfect setting for a fun holiday with friends, adult-only boutique hotels are the right choice to recharge your batteries… and in Tulum, there are maaany options to choose from!
In order to make your life easier, I selected the best ones and made this list of the best adults-only Tulum hotels in descending order from the most expensive to the cheapest.
1. The Beach Tulum
Check out one of the best luxury hotels in Tulum Mexico: The Beach Tulum, located only 4 miles from famous Mayan Ruins. This adults-only hotel offers beautiful beach-front rooms with terraces and a lounge area, each one with stylish, minimalist décor. From there you will have access to an outdoor pool where to relax, the Ziggy’s Beach Club for some great music, and a restaurant for the best dinners! The Beach Tulum even offers some yoga classes if you want to reconnect with your mind and body.
2. Hotel Bardo – Adults Only
Hotel bardo is a luxurious hotel focused on awakening the guests’ minds and bringing them on a journey of introspection and mindfulness. Its distinctive design and various healing ceremonies are thought to put you in a self-reflective mood, and you will feel it as soon as you step into its tropical jungle! With local handmade arts decorations, a gourmet restaurant, an outdoor swimming pool, and a bar, this is one of the best Tulum hotels for an adults-only stay!
3. Mi Amor a Colibri Boutique Hotel-Adults Only
Mi Amor Adults Only hotel combines sensuality, design, nature, and style to give you a stay full of love and happiness! This incredible hotel is nestled upon a small rocky hill where you will have the best views of the Caribbean sea… it will awaken your senses! The hotel is also great to have some fun… often offering live DJ sessions to enjoy while you sip masterful cocktails in the outdoor infinity pool!
4. Layla Tulum – Adults Only
If you want to enjoy an adults-only experience while saving some money, this is definitely the best option in Tulum Mexico! This 4 stars hotel has all the comforts you need: a restaurant serving delicious food, an outdoor swimming pool, a bar with signature cocktails, a garden, and a terrace for full relaxation. Guests particularly love the hotel’s great central location, just a few minutes from the main strip in Tulum!
Frequently asked questions about Tulum Boutique Hotels
🏖️ Which are the best boutique hotels in Tulum Mexico?
🔞 Which are the best adults-only boutique hotels in Tulum?
The best adults-only Tulum boutique hotels are The Beach Tulum boutique hotel, offering beautiful beach-front rooms, each one with stylish, minimalist décor, and Hotel Bardo, a special boutique hotel focused on awakening the guests’ minds and bringing them to a journey of introspection and mindfulness.
💵 Which are the best boutique hotels in Tulum to stay on a budget?
👩❤👨 Which are the best boutique hotels in Tulum for couples?
Here we are at the end of this extensive article with the best Tulum boutique hotels, divided per price range, each one offering a special feature for your holiday.
From family-friendly hotels to adults-only options and accommodations with access to a private beach or nestled in the jungle, these Tulum hotels have everything you could want for your travel needs!
If you’re still not sure about which one is the best option for you, I will give you extra help with my 2 absolute favorite boutique hotels, located close to the beach and offering great value:
- La Valise Tulum – one of the best boutique hotels for luxury, offering rooms with thatched roofs and views of the Caribbean Ocean
- Sueños Tulum – located right in the Hotel Zone, this boutique hotel offers very affordable prices and all the comforts!
I hope you had fun reading this post (I had fun writing it!) and that it will help you choose the perfect accommodation for your holiday in Tulum.
If you have any questions about the boutique hotels mentioned in the article, or you have been there and you want to share your experience, please do so in the comments below: I am looking forward to reading them all!
One last thing, once you’ve found the perfect boutique hotel for you, make sure you book it some months in advance… You don’t wanna lose the spot!
Have an unforgettable trip!