If you love staying in brand-new shiny hotels when traveling, then this is your cue to join me now and take a break from everything you’re doing because I’m about to go through a fabulous list of accommodations!
In this post, you’ll find the best new hotels in Los Angeles. I looked everywhere until I found the newest, most amazing hotels in the City of Angels, and I made sure to order them from most to least expensive so that you could easily pick your favorite! But make sure you don’t run too quickly after reading that, as I also prepared a bonus with the top hotels in Los Angeles.
Lots to discover today, and we couldn’t expect less from a city like this one that is so famous! This brings me to my next point: booking your hotels in advance! Oh, yes! I don’t have to emphasize how important that is in a place like LA!
Alrighty, are you ready to go?
If you are in a hurry
If you don’t have the time to read the whole post, then check out the list below, which has the best new hotels in Los Angeles:
- Santa Monica Proper Hotel – Best luxury hotel
- Hotel Mariposa – Best value for money
- Thompson Hollywood – Best affordable accommodation
Luxury (US$450 and up)
- Santa Monica Proper Hotel – You’re going to love this stylish Santa Monica hotel that opened in February 2019! Decorated with brown tones and minimalistic furniture, the accommodation offers a rooftop pool deck with great city views, two destination restaurants, and a spacious spa center that offers the juiciest treatments! Enjoy your coffee in the spacious guest rooms, and then join one of the yoga classes!
- Silver Lake Pool & Inn – Located on Santa Monica Boulevard, this great accommodation opened in April 2019 and comes with an outdoor pool, a poolside bar, and an on-site restaurant that serves Italian cuisine. The inn offers luxury guest rooms with amazing views of the LA skyline. Start your day with some room service and then borrow some bikes from the hotel and explore the Hollywood hills!
- Pendry West Hollywood – This property features the most incredible rooftop pool! Enjoy those perfect Los Angeles views and some drinks from the rooftop bar to start your day right! The West Hollywood hotel opened its doors in September 2020, and you can see that in all its modern decors and amazing bowling alley! The airy guest rooms come with large windows overlooking Los Angeles, free Wi-Fi, and a seating area.
- Conrad Los Angeles – Perfect for those who want to stay in downtown Los Angeles, close to the Walt Disney Concert Hall, this hotel which is set on Grand Ave in the Grand LA Complex, opened in January 2022, and it offers spacious guest rooms with large windows. The new hotel features a spa center and an outdoor swimming pool! I recommend booking your favorite hotel in advance, as LA is super touristy, and everything sells out so fast!
- The Shay, a Destination by Hyatt – Secure one of the luxurious suites at this amazing hotel that’s set within walking distance of the Sony Pictures Studio and less than 4 mi (6 km) from the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. The accommodation opened in June 2021, and it has some amazing rooms with a balcony, a rooftop pool, and a terrace. You’ll find two restaurants at the hotel, a games room, and billiards!
- Downtown Los Angeles Proper Hotel – Want to explore downtown Los Angeles all day long? Then book yourself a room at this incredible hotel opened in April 2021 with stunning decor, rooms which used to house a former basketball court and a rooftop pool with the city’s most breathtaking views! There’s also a restaurant in partnership with chef Suzanne Goin and a rooftop lounge with fire pits where you can enjoy a few drinks!
Mid-Range (from US$300 to US$450)
- Hotel Mariposa – Located in Sherman Village, this property features a simple yet modern decor. Opened in May 2020, the accommodation has spacious rooms equipped with free Wi-Fi, air conditioning, a flat-screen TV, and a private bathroom. When you’re not out and about exploring Venice Beach or visiting the famous Universal Studios Hollywood, you can relax in the hot tub and chill by the outdoor fireplace with your travel buddies!
- The Prospect Hollywood – If you love a bit of extravaganza wherever you go, then this boutique hotel that opened in December 2019 is for you! Set in Hollywood, the accommodation features a domino floor, vibrant colors, one-of-a-kind furnishings, and a garden with a terrace. All the rooms are just as cool and come with a private bathroom, a mini-bar, and a coffee machine. As the sun sets, you can relax by the outdoor fireplace and enjoy a glass of wine.
- AC Hotel by Marriott Downtown Los Angeles – Can’t say no to a hotel with an amazing city view? Then check out this place in downtown LA which opened in May 2022! Featuring rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows, a flat-screen TV, and a private bathroom, this one is surely a keeper! There are 3 restaurants on-site where you can grab your breakfast and a strong cup of coffee to give you the energy to explore all the attractions!
- Moxy Downtown Los Angeles – Wake up to a wonderful view of beautiful Los Angeles at this hotel that’s set in downtown LA. Opened in May 2022, the accommodation has rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows, a flat-screen TV, and free Wi-Fi. Set a short walk away from Microsoft Theater and Staples Center, the accommodation offers a fitness center, a restaurant, and a bar.
- Alsace LA – Set in West Adams, this amazing new hotel that was opened in August 2021 is surrounded by palm trees and offers spacious rooms! Hope you like brown aesthetics because this place is crazy about that! During your stay, you can relax by the heated outdoor pool, sipping cocktails and enjoying the LA sun, and you can even borrow their bikes for free for those days when you just want to explore the neighborhood or other areas.
- Luskin Hotel – Pancakes in the morning and cocktails at noon before you hit the Sunset Strip? Yes, please! This great place set in Westwood, not too far from the UCLA campus and just a 30 min drive away from the Los Angeles International Airport, was opened in September 2020, and it features guest rooms with a desk, a flat-screen TV, and a restaurant.
Budget (up to US$280)
- Thompson Hollywood – Set within walking distance of the Hollywood Bowl and Hollywood’s Cahuenga Corridor, this modern hotel has it all! The accommodation opened its door in January 2021. Guests can’t get enough of their elegant guest rooms with unique furnishings, paintings, the lobby bar, the fabulous rooftop pool, and the signature restaurant. In addition to that, the hotel also has a rooftop bar which has that old-school Hollywood glamour.
- Gold-Diggers – You’re going to love the design of this hotel that opened in August 2018! Each piece in the guest rooms is absolutely fabulous and features a lot of colorful velvet! Set on Santa Monica Boulevard, the accommodation offers free parking, a bar, and free Wi-Fi. All the suites come with a private bathroom, a flat-screen TV, and air conditioning.
- AC Hotel by Marriott Los Angeles South Bay – If you’re looking for a place that’s set near the Los Angeles International Airport, then check out this place that opened in May 2019. Featuring a modern yet simple design, the hotel comes with a fitness center, a restaurant, and a terrace. All the rooms are super comfy, and they offer a desk, a coffee machine, and a flat-screen TV.
- The Metric – Los Angeles Downtown – Are you ready to stroll around the Sunset Strip and visit lots of attractions? Then check out this amazing hotel that’s set in downtown Los Angeles. Opened in July 2021, the accommodation features a minimalistic design, rooms with a private bathroom, and a fridge. Some even come with incredible city views! So be camera ready at all times because you’re going to take lots of pics!
- The Hoxton, Downtown LA – Guest rooms decorated with soft colors, a bit of old-style Hollywood glamor, and some modern touches too! This hotel which was opened in May 2020, checks all the boxes! Enjoy your breakfast at the rooftop restaurant alongside a few drinks and admire the views of Downtown Los Angeles. Or head to the outdoor heated swimming pool for a quick dip during the golden hour!
- citizenM Los Angeles Downtown – Gotta love a hotel that keeps things casual and relaxed! This place has such a great atmosphere, and it’s set in downtown Los Angeles! When you’re not out and about exploring Sunset Boulevard or Beverly Hills, you can have some drinks at the bar, chill in the lounge area or even hit the fitness center if you don’t want to miss out on gym day!
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:||Santa Monica Proper Hotel|
|🧳 Best mid-range hotel:||Hotel Mariposa|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||Thompson Hollywood|
|🏨 Top hotel in Los Angeles:||Oceana Santa Monica|
BONUS: Top hotels in Los Angeles
I know we all love new things whether it’s hotels or the latest gadget! They sure have a certain charm, but since Los Angeles is so abundant in fabulous accommodations, I thought it’s only fair to offer you a few more options that are a bit older but just as amazing as the previous ones.
I made sure to add the hotels from most to least expensive, and the prices start from US$270 to US$1,100:
- Oceana Santa Monica, LXR Hotels & Resorts – Set not too far from Santa Monica Pier this amazing boutique hotel is so chic and has an outdoor pool, a restaurant, and a fitness center. All the suites come with lots of space, free Wi-Fi, and a flat-screen TV. Start your morning with a yummy breakfast, and then rent some bikes from the hotel to explore the area!
- The Maybourne Beverly Hills – Sunbathe all day long by the rooftop swimming pool of this amazing boutique hotel in Beverly Hills that has it all! Beautiful designs, chic rooms with stylish furnishings, and a fabulous terrace that hosts the restaurant and bar. If you want to have a drink with a wonderful view, that’s where you need to go!
- L’Ermitage Beverly Hills – If you want elegance and class, this is the place to go! The hotel features spacious rooms with walk-through dressing rooms and a balcony. Get ready to explore Beverly Hills all day long, but not before you get a bit of LA sun on the rooftop pool deck of the accommodation that also has a spa, a restaurant, and a bar!
- Fairmont Century Plaza Los Angeles – Set in Century City, this stylish hotel comes with suites that have private terraces that overlook Los Angeles! You’ll also find a rooftop pool where you can enjoy the morning sun, a spa, and a fitness center, too!
- InterContinental – Wake up to an amazing view of downtown Los Angeles while staying at this hotel that has rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows, an on-site restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- The Culver Hotel – Loving the vintage-inspired furniture and the wallpapers at this hotel in Culver City that comes with spacious rooms, an outdoor patio where you can enjoy your coffee, and a restaurant.
FAQs about new hotels in Los Angeles
🏨 Which are the best new hotels in Los Angeles?
👪 Which are some great Los Angeles hotels for families?
🤔 Are there new hotels in downtown Los Angeles?
LA is the ultimate Californian dream destination for so many travelers, and we can’t wonder why since this magical city has it all!
Today we got to see the best new hotels in Los Angeles, plus a bonus with the top hotels in the city for those who maybe prefer old-school accommodations!
As I mentioned in the beginning, it’s imperative that you book your favorite new hotel in advance! This city is super touristic, and everything sells out so early!
And if you need a bit of help with that, you can have a look below where I added my top 2 favorite new accommodations in LA:
- Santa Monica Proper Hotel – Enjoy the Southern California sun by the rooftop pool of this new hotel that has an amazing design and a spa center.
- Hotel Mariposa – An amazing hotel that comes with spacious rooms, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center.
There you have it! The best of the best!
I’m so glad you decided to stick with me until the end and see all these amazing places to stay in Los Angeles!
You’ll find all the details you need in the post, but if I missed anything, don’t shy away from asking me in the comment section below! I’ll be happy to help you out!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!