What better way to enjoy a view of Washington DC’s most iconic landmarks than from your room with a private balcony? If you ended up on this post, I bet you think the same!
For this reason, I decided to save you some time researching, and I collected here the best hotels in DC with a balcony, where you can wake up with stunning views of the White House, or enjoy some tranquil moments in full privacy.
All the amazing hotels that I found are divided by price range, so you can directly look for the category that fits most of your pockets.
Just a note: the hotels mentioned in this travel guide are pretty sought after in Washington DC, so make sure you book your room with a private balcony at least some months in advance… they get booked incredibly fast, and you might lose the spot!
Well, enough talking… let’s check out together all the best hotels with balconies in Washington DC.
If you are in a hurry
If you don’t have time to read the whole post, check out this quick list of the best hotels with balconies in Washington DC:
- Salamander Washington DC – Best luxury hotel
- The Fairmont Washington DC – Best value for money
- Hotel Madera – Best affordable accommodation in the center
Luxury (US$600 and up)
- Salamander Washington DC – Located within walking distance from some of Washington DC’s most iconic attractions like the Washington Monument, this luxury hotel offers a full-service spa, an indoor pool, a fitness center, and incredible rooms with city or water views.
In fact, the Deluxe Balcony One Bedroom Suite features a big private balcony, a flat-screen TV with a spacious marble bathroom, air conditioning, and free wifi, perfect for a stay with family or friends… check it out!
- The Dupont Circle Hotel – The Dupont Circle Hotel is perfect if you want to splurge during your Washington DC holiday and at the same time stay close to the iconic White House.
Here the rooms are just stunning, all furnished with large windows and marble bathrooms, and there are studios or suites with their own private terrace, perfect for a stay with your special one. But whichever room you choose, it will give you access to a 24-hour business center, concierge services, and a delicious on-site restaurant… What else could you ask for?
- The Morrow Washington DC – Going to Washington DC with the family? Then you will love this luxury hotel offering great facilities like a panoramic terrace, an on-site restaurant, a rooftop bar, a seasonal outdoor pool, a fitness center, and even access to laundry facilities for an additional fee.
And wait to see the spacious rooms: they are all fitted with a desk, a private bathroom with a shower, air conditioning, and, some of them (the King Rooms/Suites), a private balcony… check them out: I am sure you will love them!
- The Madison Hotel – Do you want to have a luxury Stay in Washington DC, but you don’t want to leave home with your four-legged friend? Then check out this pet-friendly hotel in Downtown Washington, located close to the White House and the famous Lincoln Memorial.
This luxury hotel offers a Junior King Suite with a sofa bed and terrace as well as amazing facilities for a holiday full of comforts, like private parking, a 24-hour fitness center for those who want to stay in shape, and a business center, perfect if you’re traveling for work.
- InterContinental, Washington D.C. The Wharf, an IHG Hotel – Located along the mile-long pier of The Wharf, this luxurious hotel features some of the best water views in Washington DC and access to a panoramic swimming pool, 3 dining and bar options, and a state-of-the-art fitness center.
But one of the best things about the property is definitely the rooms, featuring flat-screen TVs, room service (spoil yourself one day and order breakfast in bed!), air conditioning, and a private balcony in the King Promenade Room and the Executive Suite with River View, both perfect for couples.
- The Mansion on O Street – This is one of the coolest hotels in Washington D.C., featuring furnishings from all around the world, like teakwood soaking tubs from Italy or a shower made from an English telephone booth, and unique hidden surprises in each room… no wonder it also serves as a museum and artist’s residence!
The hotel offers over 100 one-of-a-kind rooms and suites, each one uniquely decorated with fine art, antiques, and stylish/innovative furnishings, and the Deluxe Double Room even features a private terrace… check out the pictures!
Mid Range (US$400 – US$550)
- The Avery Georgetown – This lovely, small boutique hotel is perfect if you are traveling to Washington DC with your four-legged friend and/or you want to have a tranquil stay in a relaxed atmosphere.
The rooms here are spacious, clean, and cozy, equipped with a flat-screen TV, a seating area to relax after an intense day of exploring, free wifi, air conditioning, and a private terrace (check out the Junior Suite with Terrace). Another plus? The staff is super friendly and always ready to help you!
- The St Gregory Hotel Dupont Circle Georgetown – This boutique hotel has a great location in Washington D.C, just a short drive from the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, and offers free private parking so you can explore the other famous attractions in the city!
Here you will sleep in air-conditioned rooms with their own private balcony (check out the Premier Double Studio or the Premier King Studio) and access to many facilities like an on-site restaurant, room service, a fitness center, and a business center.
- The Fairmont Washington DC – Located in the West End area of Washington D.C.Within walking distance from the JFK center, this hotel offers great value for the price! In fact, the property hosts a beautiful swimming pool, a delicious on-site restaurant serving American comfort food with a modern twist, and a tranquil courtyard garden for relaxation.
And wait to see the rooms, offering a flat-screen cable TV, a work desk, and bathrobes, while the Deluxe Queen Room with two queen beds and Deluxe King Room even have a private terrace!
- Thompson Washington D.C. – The modern Thompson Washington D.C. has everything you need for a holiday full of comforts, like a fitness center, private parking, a restaurant, and a bar, and is located within walking distance from many beautiful parks, perfect if you love walking!
At the hotel, every room includes a TV, a private bathroom, and air conditioning, and some of them (the king Rooms) even have a private terrace with incredible city views… what better way to wake up?
- The Graham Georgetown – If you’re going on a holiday to Washington D.C with the family, this boutique hotel is for you, offering spacious family rooms (check out the King Room if you want to have your own private terrace) and a cozy atmosphere… you will feel immediately at home!
Other advantages of this Washington DC hotel are the on-site restaurant, which opens daily for delicious breakfasts and dinners, a rooftop bar and lounge, a fitness center, and a business center… what else do you need?
Budget (up to US$350)
- Washington Plaza Hotel – This Washington D.C hotel has a super convenient location, only a short drive from the Ronald Reagan National Airport and within walking distance from the White House, and offers very reasonable prices at the same time!
Here rooms are super stylish, decorated with mahogany furniture and red accents, and come with flat-screen TVs, floor-mounted safes, and some of them (the Premier King Room, Superior Room, and Deluxe Room), even a private balcony. Other advantages? Here you will have access to a full breakfast every morning and an outdoor swimming pool where you can just relax!
- Hotel Madera – If you are traveling to Washington DC with the family and you want to stay on a budget, this affordable hotel is for you, boasting a delicious on-site restaurant serving contemporary American cuisine, private parking, and a fitness center.
Each room at this hotel is spacious and modern, featuring a flat-screen TV, a work desk, air conditioning, free wi-fi, and comfy beds… you will feel immediately at home! And if you want to have your own private balcony, check out the studio with a balcony, hosting up to 4 people.
- Courtyard by Marriott Washington Downtown/Convention Center – If you want to save some money but also have all the best attractions of Washington D.C at your fingertips, you need to check out this hotel, located in Downtown Washington close to George Washington University campus, the White House, and the Convention Center.
Here you will enjoy air-conditioned rooms (check out the Guest room, 1 King and Terrace view if you want a private balcony), and cool facilities like free bikes to explore the area, a fitness center to stay in shape, a tranquil garden and terrace for relaxation, and a shared lounge.
- AC Hotel by Marriott Washington DC Capitol Hill Navy Yard – This is the ultimate hotel to stay on a budget in Washington DC, offering great facilities like a fitness center, a shared lounge, an on-site restaurant with stunning views of the city skyline, along with free WiFi throughout the property.
The rooms are perfect for both families and couples, depending on which one will you choose: the King room with a balcony is perfect for a stay with your special one, hosting up to 2 people. Anyways, all the rooms offer a private bathroom, air conditioning, and access to a delicious breakfast every morning, so you can take the right energy to visit the best attractions of the city!
|👑 Luxury price:||$600|
|💵 Mid Range:||$450|
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:||Salamander Washington DC|
|💵 Best mid-range hotel:||The Fairmont Washington DC|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||Washington Plaza Hotel|
FAQs about hotels with balconies in Washington DC
👑 Which are the best hotels with balconies in Washington DC?
The best hotels with balconies in Washington DC are the luxury and pet-friendly Madison Hotel, the midrange Fairmont Washington DC, located within walking distance from the White House or the Courtyard by Marriott Washington Downtown, close to the Convention Center.
🛎️ Which are the best luxury hotels with balconies in Washington DC?
The best luxury hotels with balconies in Washington DC are the pet-friendly Madison Hotel, perfect if you are traveling with your four-legged friend, the Morrow Washington DC featuring a cool rooftop bar, or The Dupont Circle Hotel, located close to the iconic White House.
💵 Which are the best hotels with balconies in Washington DC on a budget?
The best hotels with balconies in Washington DC to stay on a budget are the Hotel Madera, perfect if you are traveling with the family, or the Washington Plaza Hotel located close to the White House.
👀 Which are the best things to do in Washington DC?
The best things to do in Washington DC are checking out the iconic White House, strolling down Washington DC Walk of Fame, and visiting the American History Museum and its many memorials like the Vietnam Veterans Memorial or the Lincoln Memorial.
Here we are at the end of this useful travel guide with all the best hotels in DC with balconies: we saw options for any kind of budget and interest: whether you’re going to Washington D.C with your family, a special one, or with your four-legged friend, we have the right option for you!
So, which one will you stay at? If you’re still undecided after having seen so many good hotels and rooms, no worries: here are my 2 favorite accommodations in Washington D.C with private balconies.
- The Madison Hotel – This luxury hotel is located within walking distance from the White House and offers pet-friendly accommodations with stunning city views!
- The Fairmont Washington DC – This accommodation offers great value for the money, a beautiful swimming pool, a delicious on-site restaurant, and a tranquil courtyard garden.
Do you like them as much as I do? Then book immediately or at least some months in advance so you can reserve yourself a spot and you don’t risk them getting booked out!
If you have any questions for me or hotel suggestions, please don’t hesitate to share them in the comments below: looking forward to reading them all!
Have an amazing holiday!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!