Lima is an awesome travel destination in Peru with so much to offer! If you are already planning a trip and are wondering where to stay in Lima, Peru, I will help you out with my best recommendations!
I lived in Lima practically all my life, so I’m happy to share my best, hand-picked Lima hotels with you, carefully selected with amazing reviews and grouped by price for your convenience! Just remember to book in advance because the good hotels always sell out fast!
The city is filled with restaurants for all budgets with the most amazing food, lovely beaches, beautiful big parks, and a diversity of culture everywhere you look. If you are still not sure if Lima is your ideal destination, you might want to check out my post on Things to do in Lima to give you an idea of all the activities that can be done there!
Out of the 43 districts, I have chosen 3 perfect districts to stay in as a tourist and will give you the best hotels for each of them, based on their price range. Here are my recommendations for the best hotels in Lima, Peru:
This is probably the fanciest and most touristic area in the capital city of Lima!
Miraflores is a gastronomic hub near the best coffee shops, many nightlife spots, and it is also super close to the bohemian district of Barranco! It is the most popular area for tourists because of the views, the diversity and quality of shopping stores and food places.
The most emblematic attraction is the 10-kilometers long “malecón” or boardwalk; you also have a Pacific ocean view down below, along the entire walk. You will find many parks along the way including the famous “Parque del Amor” aka Love Park, where the “El Beso” statue is located.
You can ride a bike through the entire malecón, take a seat in the park to enjoy a picnic, or go for a paragliding ride jumping from high above.
Okay, enough talking, here are the best hotels in Miraflores!
Luxury (US$160 and up)
- Belmond Miraflores Park – This is one of the best 5-star hotels in Lima, Peru that includes an outdoor pool with beautiful panoramic views of the city and the ocean, a good fitness center, and a spa! The elegant rooms have a seating area, minibar, free Wi-Fi, marble bathrooms and some even include a Roman bathtub.
- JW Marriott Hotel Lima – This beauty is part of the beautiful boutique hotels in Lima, Peru with an ocean view for most rooms. The facilities include an outdoor swimming pool, a great fitness center, and a spa that includes sauna, massages and body and facial treatments. Their soundproofed, modern rooms have air-conditioning, an LCD TV, and a seating area.
Middle-priced (from US$60 to US$160)
- Hotel Estelar Miraflores – Among the best hotels in Miraflores in Lima, Peru, this accommodation includes panoramic views of the city and ocean throughout their property. The rooms have LCD TVs, air-conditioning, and some rooms even have marble bathrooms and hydro-massage bathtubs. There is even a restaurant on the 21st floor with a gorgeous view!
- Aloft Lima Miraflores – This is a smoke-free hotel with a sophisticated design and a smart and flexible use of areas. This hotel is among the gorgeous Lima hotels with a pool, in this case an indoor heated pool by a terrace! There is also free Wi-Fi, and a 24/7 gym.
Budget (up to US$)
- Pariwana Hostel Lima – This adults-only accommodation is one of the best hostels in Lima that has an on-site bar, a shared lounge, and a restaurant for guests to enjoy. The facilities include a business center, a ping-pong table, and a karaoke room. All the rooms have air-conditioning, free Wi-Fi, and a shower in the bathroom.
- La Luna Inn – This is a hotel that awaits you with a great on-site restaurant, room service, free Wi-Fi, and luggage storage space. Their hypoallergenic and soundproofed rooms have a flat-screen cable TV; an electric teapot, a desk, and their private bathroom has a bath.
The area of Barranco used to be the hotspot for beach and entertainment for wealthier Limeños during the colonial times and is now less visited by tourists in general.
The environment here is much more relaxed and calm than in the rest of the city – you can stroll around the old colonial and republican houses while enjoying the colorful sights at every corner.
Barranco is still a great place for entertainment; in the evening, the bars and dance clubs come alive and the streets get crowded with people having a blast! Here you can also find some great Peruvian peñas with folkloric music shows, especially Afro Peruvian and Criollo.
Here are my recommendations for the best Barranco accommodation:
Luxury (US$160 and up)
- Villa Barranco by Ananay Hotels – This accommodation will have you forget you are in the capital city; it has an elegant yet classy décor filled with modern furniture. Each room has a desk, a private bathroom, air-conditioning, and some even have a small patio.
- Hotel B – This is a hotel that combines elegance and luxury in a traditional, old-fashioned building. All the suites and studios at the hotel include a flat-screen cable TV, iPod docking stations, free Wi-Fi, and private bathrooms with bathtubs.
Middle-priced (from US$50 to US$160)
- Hotel Park Suites – This is a modern and spacious accommodation in Lima, Peru with a simple yet tasteful décor with air-conditioning in every room, queen-size beds, a closet, and a full private bathroom. Some of the premium units have a flat-screen TV and a hydro-massage tub as well!
- Casa Falleri Boutique Hotel – This hotel was made inside a classic Barranco-style house in which you will see original paintings, furniture, and décor, while also having a modern touch. The rooms have air-conditioning, a closet, a flat-screen TV, and a private bathroom.
Budget (up to US$50)
- Lima Wari Hotel Boutique – This is a hotel inside a classic house in the city but with comfy and modern furniture. All the rooms have a lively, colorful décor; you can select between shared or private bathrooms, and also ask for a flat-screen TV if desired.
- Dragonfly Hostels Barranco – This fun hotel in Barranco has an on-site restaurant, a shared bar, lounge, and a small terrace where you can eat. The dorms are small but perfect just to arrive and head to sleep to recharge from a full day of activities. Their fun shared lounge is colorful and filled with pictures of the city attractions!
3. San Isidro
Although San Isidro is mostly known to be the financial district of the city, it still has many gardens and parks that make it a perfect residential area. You can find the historic Lima Golf Club here, as well as the Bosque El Olivar, plus the most luxurious shopping in the area on Avenida Conquistadores.
San Isidro combines modern life and progress with the traditional past, which can be seen in the buildings, shops, restaurants, cafes, and even hotels inside the old-fashioned houses. There are even 20th-century mansions and apartments there, that have gorgeous park views!
These are the best hotel options in San Isidro:
Luxury (US$200 and up)
- Swissotel Lima – This is one of the best luxury hotels in Lima, Peru in the district with 18 floors filled with rooms and suites. The rooms are all carpeted, come with luxury king-size or twin beds, and have marble baths. You can also head to one of the 4 award-winning international restaurants on-site.
- The Hotel Westin Lima & Convention Center – This is a glamorous hotel with an indoor half-size Olympic pool, a spa, and 2 restaurants with panoramic views of the city. As guests, you can make use of the workout center, a beauty salon, and business center. All rooms have flat-screen TVs, luxury bed linen with goose feather duvets, and walk-in closets.
Middle-priced (from US$90 to US$200)
- Hotel Melia Lima – This hotel awaits you with a swimming pool, a fitness center, a sauna, a whirlpool, and massage services. There is also an on-site restaurant, a convention room, and a business center. Their classy and comfortable rooms are spacious, with modern furniture and flat-screen cable TVs.
- NM Lima Hotel – This is a hotel that has a great fitness center, an on-site restaurant, and a golf course nearby. Their rooms are all air-conditioned with large windows for some great city views, a plasma TV, and free Wi-Fi.
Budget (up to US$90)
- Del Prado Hotel – Is it a nice hotel with rooms that offer park views and a spa. Among the facilities, the hotel has air-conditioning and heating system, cable TV, and private bathrooms. Some rooms also have hot tubs, beautiful door to ceiling curtains, and free Wi-Fi.
- Ibis Styles Lima Conquistadores – This is a trendy hotel with colorful and modernly furnished non-smoking rooms that include air-conditioning and heating systems, a flat-screen cable TV, and kitchen facilities. Their spacious rooms also include a small seating area and a private bathroom with shower.
Best apartments in Lima
If you would rather spend your days in Lima feeling more at home, in the comfort of your own place, then an apartment might be the optimal solution for you!
These Lima apartments might also be ideal if you are traveling as a couple or if traveling with more than one person. Here are my recommendations:
Luxury (US$160 and up)
- Oceanfront Penthouse in Miraflores – This is a modern oceanfront property that fits up to 5 people with its 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. It is also very spacious enoguh to include a seating area with a flat-screen TV, a dining area, a well-equipped kitchen, and a terrace with beautiful sea views.
- ALU Apartments – Miraflores Park – This accommodation has a fitness center, a garden, a playground for kids, and a rooftop swimming pool. The apartment units have a small terrace with city views, and the internal areas include a flat-screen satellite TV, a well-equipped kitchen, a coffee machine, and a private bathroom. Their units can host between 2 and 7 people.
Middle-priced (from US$55 to US$160)
- Atrium Miraflores Hotel – This is a condo-hotel property with apartments that include a seating area, cable TV, a well-equipped kitchen, and a private bathroom. You have the freedom of staying in your own apartment while being able to ask for room service. The rooms are soundproofed and all of them have heating and air-conditioning systems.
- Urbano Apartments Miraflores Pardo – This is a property of apartments that offers facilities such as an outdoor swimming pool, a fitness room, and free Wi-Fi. Their units include a fully equipped kitchen, a flat-screen satellite TV, a private bathroom with hot tub, and a terrace with city views.
Budget (up to US$55)
- Eduardo Designer Apartments Miraflores – The apartment options can fit between 2 and 8 people in their non-smoking rooms. The units have air-conditioning, free Wi-Fi, a private bathroom, a washing machine, and a balcony. The shared amenities include a fitness center, and a spa with a steam bath.
- Trendy Host Stelar Miraflores – These trendy apartments can fit between two and 6 people, you choose the size of the unit, and they all have access to the outdoor swimming pool, and terrace. Their spacious rooms include modern furniture, a small seating area with a flat-screen TV, and a well-equipped kitchen.
Best hotels for families in Lima
If you are heading to Lima on a family vacation, you will want to consider spacious hotels and apartments that are family-friendly. You should choose one located in Miraflores or San Isidro – these are conveniently located close to the city center and they are quieter than others!
Here are some options that I recommend for families with great value for money:
Luxury (US$160 and up)
- Hilton Lima Miraflores – This is a great hotel for a family; they have interconnecting room and an outdoor swimming pool for everyone’s fun! Their classy and spacious rooms come with luxury linens, flat-screen TVs and private bathrooms. What more can you wish for?
- Casa Andina Premium Miraflores – This hotel has something that all kids will love – a heated swimming pool with a waterfall! There is also free Wi-Fi throughout the property, a fitness room, sauna room, and a gift shop on-site. All rooms have air-conditioning, a work desk, and a flat-screen cable TV, and some even have hydro massage tubs!
Middle-priced (from US$90 to US$160)
- Faraona Grand Hotel – This is a hotel with cozy and modern soundproof rooms that include a flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi. The amenities include an on-site restaurant with live piano music perfect for all the family, and a small outdoor swimming pool to enjoy the sunny weather.
- Innside Lima Miraflores – This hotel has a year-round outdoor swimming pool, a good fitness center, and an on-site bar. All rooms have air-conditioning, a coffee machine, a private bathroom, free Wi-Fi and a wardrobe. Perfectly spacious rooms for you and the kids; you can even request a crib if needed!
Budget (up to US$90)
- Selina Apartments Miraflores – This property has a unique décor with modern and classic Peruvian patterns and color combinations throughout the areas. The shared areas include free Wi-Fi and a Cinema room with Apple TV and local channels, for the kids’ entertainment!
- The Place Hostal – This residential inn has three spacious rooms with private bathrooms, and it is only 3 blocks away from the beach views of Larcomar. The comfy and home-like rooms have free Wi-Fi and a flat-screen cable TV. There is also a small terrace and seating area next to the garden!
Best hotels near Lima Airport
If you have a connecting flight with just a few hours to kill and need a break, I recommend you head over to these hotels near Lima Peru airport. It is best for you to stay nearby to catch your flight than head into the city to visit some attractions because traffic might beat you!
PRO TIP: If you are arriving before 7 AM or after 4 PM, I recommend you ask for the accommodation for their airport shuttle. You might need to pay a small amount but you’ll arrive at the destination safely and without getting lost! 🙂
Here are my recommendations on hotels near Jorge Chavez International Airport:
- Holiday Inn – Lima Airport – This is a great luxury Lima airport hotel that awaits you with a fitness center, a bar, free private parking, and an on-site restaurant. The rooms include air-conditioning, a flat-screen cable TV, a desk, and the private bathrooms come with a shower.
- PayPurix Hostel – Lima Airport – This fun middle-priced accommodation offers hammocks to relax, and a game room with table tennis and billiard games. There is free Wi-Fi in the entire property, but you could also use the internet room. The rooms are small and cozy but ideal for a couple of nights!
- Sunset Hostel Airport – This cheap Lima hostel has non-smoking dormitory rooms with free Wi-Fi, shared bathrooms, a shared dining area, and a terrace for the guests. The small yet comfortable rooms come with a locker for each dorm guest.
This was my full list of accommodation recommendations in Lima – from hotels to apartments, which will fit every preference and pocket, all of them with amazing reviews and fabulous facilities! I hope it will be useful while planning your trip!
So, in the end, what is the best part of Lima to stay in? The honest answer is that every neighborhood has its pluses and minuses; but whichever you choose, you will definitely love your stay in the city! Above in this post, I have selected the best recommendations for Miraflores, Barranco, and San Isidro areas.
If you wish to explore more about the metropolitan city of Lima, you can read my article on Things to do in Lima, Peru!
If you have any questions, feel free to type them below in the comments section. I am happy to help!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!