Are you planning a trip to Arequipa, Peru? Great choice! Known as the “White City,” this destination, surrounded by 3 volcanoes, offers beautiful landscapes and the best way to enjoy them is to choose the best among the Arequipa hotels!
I think you woke up on the right foot because I’m here to help you decide amongst the best Arequipa hotels for your interest and budget!
In this article, you will find not only the best hotel options but also apartments and B&Bs so you can choose the best fit for you. In case that is not enough, I added the best options to stay near the airport.
Before beginning with all the juicy information I want to suggest that booking in advance will solve all your problems – well, maybe not all, but it will secure you a spot in the city!
Enough said, let’s go!
If you are in a hurry…
Ready to book the top hotel in Arequipa? If you don’t have time to read all the port, here is a list of the best accommodation options:
- Best luxury hotel: Sonesta Hotel Arequipa
- Best mid-range hotel: Acolpacha Tambo Boutique
- Best budget hotel: Mint Hotel
Which area should you stay in?
Before I went there myself, I used to wonder where to stay in Arequipa and which would be the best neighborhood choice. So I decided to ask some friends that live there and all of them recommended staying near the historic center. It is the best decision!
The historic center has everything you might want to visit – from museums, cathedrals, and restaurants, plus TONS of great accommodation options!
1. Best hotels in the Historical Center of Arequipa
As I mentioned before, the best place to stay during your visit is the historical center of Arequipa.
This area of the town is full of beautiful colonial buildings (although most of the structures are replicas made in the 19th century, after the 1868 earthquake) and the main points of interest in the city.
Another reason to choose this location for your stay? This is where most accommodations, restaurants, and city attractions are; you can check the best things to do in Arequipa! You’ll have plenty of fabulous hotels for all budgets and tastes.
Here is my handpicked list of hotels in Arequipa, Peru! All of them have excellent reviews, and I also broke them down by price range for your convenience:
Luxury (US$160 and up)
- Casa Andina Premium Arequipa – This is one of the best Arequipa hotels if you are looking for luxury! It’s an elegant 5-star, colonial-style hotel built in an18th century mansion made of volcanic stone. The amenities in Casa Andina Premium Arequipa include a free airport shuttle, free Wi-Fi, a sun terrace on the fourth floor with beautiful views, and is super close to Plaza de Armas; what else can you wish for?
- Wyndham Costa del Sol Arequipa – This unique hotel used to be known as “Hotel Libertador”; even though it now has a different name, it still offers luxury service every time. The property has an outdoor swimming pool next to a big garden and a playground for the little ones, which are great bonuses!
- Sonesta Hotel Arequipa – This is another one of the most beautiful Arequipa hotels! All the facilities at this place will make you feel like a celebrity – some include a fitness center and an on-site bar. Every room in Sonesta Hotel Arequipa comes with a flat-screen cable TV, free Wi-Fi, a wardrobe, and a private bathroom.
- CIRQA – Relais & Chateau – Still looking for the best luxury hotels? Search no more; CIRQA is within walking distance from Plaza de Armas, so that you will be super close to the historic centre! But the location is not the only perk of staying here; the hotel boasts a garden, a bar, and a restaurant where you will find delicious dishes!
Middle-priced (from US$60 to US$160)
- Katari Hotel at Plaza de Armas – This is another of the best Arequipa hotels within walking distance from the center and Plaza de Armas, right across the street from the local Cathedral, with a terrace that offers city and volcano views. Katari Hotel rooms have a unique colonial-style décor with brick floors and alpaca textiles, topped off with colonial-style mirrors!
- CasaBlanca Hostal – This is a charming and spacious inn-hotel in the historic centre of Arequipa near Plaza de Armas. They did a great job of keeping the colonial style of décor throughout the rooms and façade! This accommodation offers free Wi-Fi, a sun terrace, balconies with city views, and private bathrooms in each room.
- Acolpacha Tambo Boutique – This lovely, spacious hotel offers accessible prices and some great rooms with air-conditioning, cable TV, and city or volcano views. The location is incredible! Close to attractions like Santa Catalina de Siena Convent, Moral House, and Cathedral of Arequipa.
- La Hosteria – This is a great boutique hotel in Arequipa with incredible prices! Set in a renovated colonial house with a beautiful courtyard, La Hostería Boutique Hotel boasts beautiful rooms, a terrace, and even a sauna! Plus, it is super close to Plaza de Armas!
Budget (up to US$60)
- Mint Hotel – Can you believe this excellent 4-star hotel has budget prices? It’s so cool! They offer fantastic service for an excellent price, and all rooms include a minibar, cable TV, and free Wi-Fi. Great deal!
- Ayenda La Casa de Irma – If you are looking for a hotel with a great location near the historic centre and Plaza de Armas on a budget, search no more. This excellent budget hotel offers a flat-screen TV, daily housekeeping, and a beautiful terrace where you can enjoy a delicious breakfast!
- El Portal De San Lázaro – This is a cozy hotel near the Plaza de Armas with an on-site restaurant and bar, plus room service anytime you want! The rooms at this hotel include a flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi, a private bathroom, and some even have a balcony.
- Adriana Monet – This beautiful cozy hostel provides accommodation with a restaurant, free private parking, a bar, and of course, an outdoor pool where you can enjoy the beautiful Peruvian weather! If you are traveling with your family, this hostel offers family rooms; how convenient, right?
2. Best B&Bs and Guesthouses in Arequipa
In case you prefer other options than hotels for your Arequipa accommodation, no worries, I got you!
I think apartments or bed & breakfasts are a great idea for this city. Most guesthouses here will give you a cozy feeling of being at home. Plus, the shared areas are sometimes more spacious, so they’re an excellent idea for people traveling in bigger groups and families!
Although there are no luxury-priced options in Arequipa, I have selected my best recommendations for B&Bs with great prices for you!
By the way, all the options below have great locations, most of them in the Historical Center:
Middle-priced (US$40 and up)
- Azul Colonial – This colorful guesthouse is a perfect choice if you want to stay in the Arequipa center. They have spacious areas and warm-colored decorations, and you can even enjoy a nice meal at their on-site cafeteria while gazing at the life-like paintings of Arequipa!
- Bella AQP – Another great guesthouse with a fantastic rooftop terrace where you can relax and enjoy the city views. Their amenities include a shared lounge, free Wi-Fi, and a grill on request. So good!
- Hostal Virreinal AQP – This lovely bed and breakfast is close to the city center and many tourist attractions, so I’m sure you will find something perfect to do! If you want a late morning, you can enjoy the delicious breakfast served on-site!
- Los Andes B&B – Looking for a B&B in the historic center right by Plaza de Armas? This is another great mid-range option with clean and practical rooms serving delicious continental breakfast each morning!
Budget (up to US$40)
- B&B Cleofe Arequipa – Located within walking distance from the Plaza de Armas, this hotel boasts a rooftop sun terrace with sun loungers to relax after a day exploring the city! This B&B offers a delicious buffet breakfast, but if you are craving something else, the hotel is close to multiple restaurants and attractions!
- B&B Hostal El Remanso – This is a classic yet modern accommodation and one of the best options on my list if you are searching for an Arequipa bed and breakfast! The place keeps most of the original colonial décor, and it’s located in a tranquil area.
- Misti Hostel B&B – This is one of the best hostels in Arequipa for budget travelers! It’s a fusion between a hostel and a B&B so that you can pick a shared dorm. Their amenities include a spacious balcony, a seating area with a flat-screen cable TV, free Wi-Fi, and a dining area.
- Marlon’s House – Located super close to Plaza de Armas, but in a tranquil street, this B&B offers accommodation with a shared lounge, a terrace, and a homey feeling thanks to the helpful staff. In case you want to explore the city, there is an on-site bike and car rental service!
3. Best apartments in Arequipa
If you’re looking for a little more space and privacy, renting an apartment might be the perfect option for you, especially if you are an expat or thinking about staying for a bit of a long time. Renting an apartment allows you to really relax as if you are at home with all the amenities you would expect like a kitchen, private bathroom, bedrooms, and a comfy couch. Here are the best-rated apartments I found for you in Arequipa listed in order from most to least expensive:
- Views of Misti – The name says it all! This cute and colorful apartment has incredible mountain views from the huge outdoor patio and has 2 great rooms, perfect for a group of friends! If you’re bringing the family they even provide books, toys, and a small pool for the little ones to cool off on a hot summer day.
- Departamento Amoblado – This 3-bedroom apartment also has 3 bathrooms! That sounds like luxury to me. Get ready to relax in the living room and have afternoon drinks on the patio overlooking a garden (preferably with a glass of wine in hand), I just love the cool indoor/outdoor tree!
- Apartamentos Beaterio Yanahuara – Located in a beautiful old building, this unit includes a patio, 1 bedroom and a fully equipped kitchen waiting for you to whip up a delicious feast. With plenty of storage space, this would be a great place for someone looking for a longer term apartment in Arequipa.
- La Casa H – Another one with incredible mountain views from the patio but this time for a fraction of the price. This two-bedroom is a part of a homestay with a local family who will welcome you with open arms to help you learn about the real Peruvian lifestyle!
4. Best hotels near Arequipa airport
Rodríguez Ballón International Airport in Arequipa is the third busiest airport in the country, right after Lima and Cusco airports. The airport is only 10 km away from the city, and it will take you, on average, 30 minutes by car to get there.
You can, of course, decide to stay near the airport instead of the city center in case your flight arrives late at night or departs early in the morning!
Although most of the accommodation options in Arequipa are near the city center, I did my research and found a couple of suitable budget accommodations which you can consider if you want to stay near the airport.
- Hostal El Mirador – This lovely guesthouse is one of the closest accommodations to the airport you can get – 1.5 km away! It offers spacious and comfortable rooms with a closet, a work desk, and a flat-screen cable TV. Some other advantages include room service, free Wi-Fi, and transport to the airport for a small fee.
- Seek’ana Suite Hostal – This is another excellent hotel located – you won’t believe this – within walking distance from the airport, just 900 m! The rooms are spacious and clean; some even have a hot tub to relax before taking your flight!
- Hotel La Joya Aeropuerto – With an exclusive location just 5 minutes away from the airport and close to many markets, malls, and restaurants, you can have one last look at the city!
|👑 Luxury price:||$160|
|💵 Mid Range:||$100|
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:||Sonesta Hotel Arequipa|
|🧳 Best mid-range hotel:||Acolpacha Tambo Boutique|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||Mint Hotel|
FAQs about Arequipa hotels
📅 How many days should I stay in Arequipa?
📍 What is the best area to stay in Arequipa?
👨👩👧 What is the best family hotel?
One of the best options if you are traveling with your family is Adriana Monet, where you will find comfortable rooms for everyone!
🚶♀️ How to get around Arequipa?
Even though you can always rent a car, maybe that is not the cheapest and most convenient way to get around. The city is small enough to be able to explore it on foot!
There you go, this was my complete list of Arequipa lodging options that fit every taste and pocket! I hope you will find this helpful guide because I tried to include only the best hotels in Arequipa, Peru, for your vacation!
You will enjoy your stay in the White City! I recommend starting your vacation in the city by taking the first couple of hours to acclimate to the southern altitude (2,335m) and then move around the city. Going for a tour to the outskirts (most probably Colca Canyon) should take place at least on the second day of your visit.
In case you are still wondering what the best option for you is, let me give you my top 2 picks but do not forget to book in advance since Arequipa is a beautiful destination visited by many tourists:
- CIRQA – Relais & Chateau – What I loved about this hotel is the architecture, perfect for a couple of pics for the insta 😛
- B&B Cleofe Arequipa – In case you are looking for a cheaper option, this is a great choice!
If you need help planning your itinerary, I recommend my article about the best 13 Things to do in Arequipa!
I wish you the best vacation in Arequipa! If you have any questions, leave them in the comments below, and I will gladly help!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!