Lille is the fourth biggest city in France and it’s located in the North of the country. It’s the perfect weekend getaway and a super popular stop-over for people doing Eurostar trips around Europe, while also making for the perfect day trip from Paris. But Lille is so much more than that!
Although quite underrated, this destination is actually a very interesting city that combines traditional elements with modern buildings and it’s an ideal place for tourists passionate about culture and amazing cuisine.
Now you’re planning a vacation to this charming town, but you’re not quite sure how to choose the best hotel in Lille, am I right?
No worries, this post will help you understand everything you need to know. You’re 5 minutes away from choosing the BEST hotel for your Lille vacation, trust me! Below you’ll find the best hotels and apartments inside the center of the city, as well as some hotels near the main railway stations and near the airport as well.
Are you ready? Let’s go!
If you’re in a hurry…
The best area for tourists and first-timers is the city center. This is the zone where you’ll find the most important attractions and landmarks, as well as plenty of great restaurants, cafes and bars.
Here’s a quick round-up of the best accommodations inside the city center:
Best hotels in Lille City Center
As I mentioned above, the city center is the best area for tourists, especially for those who are visiting for the first time or who are only spending one night there. By the way, some of the best sights in the city include the Palais des Beaux-Arts (one of the largest art museums of France), the cute shops around Vieux-Lille, Notre Dame de la Treille, the beautiful building of the Old Stock Exchange and many other interesting attractions.
As for hotels, the center of Lille is full of amazing accommodation options – luxury boutique hotels, hostels and guest houses. xBelow you’ll find my hand-picked recommendations for the best hotels in Lille, France – all sorted by budget and with fabulous reviews:
Luxury (US$150 and up)
- Best Western Lille Premier Why Hotel – If you’re looking for a luxurious property, this hotel is perfect for you. It’s right inside the heart of the center, walking distance to all the important Lille tourist attractions. Plus, it has an on-site restaurant and bar! A stunning boutique hotel!
- Hotel Carlton Lille – Regardless how many nights you’ll book here, this hotel will show you an excellent service each time! It has an excellent location and it provides a beautiful view of the city’s streets. This boutique hotel is perfect if you want to explore the rest of the city!
- Hôtel Barrière – If you didn’t decide yet, here’s another option for you. This one is only a short walk away from all the important landmarks. The rooms have a stunning contemporary decor and all the amenities you might need for the perfect trip!
Middle-priced (US$100 – US$150)
- L’Esplanade – If you’re looking for a true French style bed and breakfast, this one’s for you! It has plenty of great amenities such as a daily continental breakfast, free tea and coffee and more! It’s truly one of those gorgeous Lille hotels decorated with a boutique type of style!
- Aparthotel Adagio Centre Grand Place – Still didn’t find your perfect hotel in Lille centre? Perhaps this recommendation will help! The property awaits with tons of awesome advantages including clean and spacious rooms, free Wi-Fi, a sun terrace, 24-hour front desk and more.
- Hotel Kanaï – Honestly, one of the best things about this property is the location – super central and perfect if you’ want to explore the rest of the city! Yep, it’s near the Grand Place! Plus, the staff is very friendly and helpful.
Budget (up to US$100)
- Les Cariatides – If you want an excellent budget trip inside the heart of the city, search no more! Starting from the building and ending with the amazing prices, this property is simply perfect for any traveler on a tight budget that still wants to explore all the best sights of the city.
- Maison Victor Hugo – This cute homestay is decorated with style and the rooms are all clean and very cozy. Some of the amenities here include a shared lounge, a balcony, a garden and a shared kitchen that you can use as you please. Did I mention the friendly owners as well?
- Princesse Apart’hôtel – If you’re looking for a boutique hotel that comes with some very affordable prices, then look no more, you just found it! This condo-hotel is very nicely decorated and it has a very central position – so good!
Best apartments in Lille, France
If you’re the type of traveler that wants a feeling of “home” when you’re around the world, then you must be searching for comfort! And the best place for this is an apartment. Luckily for you, Lille has plenty of great Airbnbs in the city center that you can choose from.
So if you want a cozy atmosphere or if you’re traveling as a bigger group (or with your family), here are the best apartments inside the city center that you can choose from:
Luxury (US$120 and up)
- Superior Apartment on the Grand Place – Searching for a central, boutique apartment? The search is over, trust me! This property is walking distance to the Grand Place, so it has a superb positioning. It’s spacious, clean and very cozy!
- Loft Lille – If you’re looking for a luxurious apartment for a bigger group of family or friends, this loft might be the perfect place! With a spacious living and dining area, you can gather around and eat together. There’s also a private roof terrace with a beautiful garden you can relax while waiting for sunset!
Middle-priced (US$70 – US$120)
- Petit Nid studio – Do you want to enjoy the advantages of a boutique hotel while you’re staying inside an apartment? It’s possible! This small studio is very clean and cozy and it offers everything you might need for a pleasant night’s sleep.
- Charming home in the historic core – This one has a minimalist bedroom that is warm and inviting, and I really like the decor choices! Not to mention the price is extremely good considering the very central location – close to Old Lille.
Budget (up to US$70)
- Lille Ctre/parking privé gratuit/très calme/2 appt – This condominium is ideal for anyone that wants to save some money and accommodation. It’s super beautiful and affordable and it’s on a very calm, quiet street. Perfect for two guests!
- Lille hyper centre – Here’s another option if you want a cozy, local vibe. This apartment has a flawless location and it makes for the perfect base if you want to explore this charming city!
|👑 Luxury price:||€200|
|💵 Mid Range:||€130|
|💰 Accommodation prices:||Medium|
|📍 Best area:||City Center|
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:|
|💵 Best mid-range hotel:||L’Esplanade|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||Les Cariatides|
BONUS: Best hotels near Lille Railway station
Because this town is such a popular stopover for people doing Eurostar trips around Europe (most popular destination being other regions of France and Belgium), there are many people who spend the night adjacent to the railway station, so they can catch the train the next morning.
NOTE: If none of these options are fit for you, you can choose any of the hotels above, as the railway stations are pretty much inside the city center.
Below you’ll find the best 3 hotels near the train stations as possible (one for each type of budget):
- Novotel Suites Europe – This is my recommendation for people who want a luxury night near the railroad terminals. This 4-star hotel awaits with a fitness center, free Wi-Fi, gorgeous rooms and more!
- La Valiz – If you prefer a middle-priced hotel near Lille Europe, then make sure you book a room here! This one’s cozy and very clean and it has a very good location. By the way, the Grand Palais is only a short walk away, so you’ll be near the city center as well!
- Safari Chic – If you’re traveling on a budget, no worries, I still found a great option for you as well! This beautiful apartment is ideal for two people and it offers the best facilities for an amazing rate.
Best hotels near Lille Airport
If you have a very early flight or you arrive extremely late at night, one of the best decisions you could make is to spend the night near the airport. Lille Airport (LIL) is based in Lesquin, only 7 km away from the city center.
Here are my recommended hotels located near the airport (one for each type of budget):
- Novotel Aéroport – Make sure you book a room here if you wanna enjoy some luxury! This property is only 10 minutes away from the airport by car (less than 2 km) and it awaits with all the upscale amenities you’ll want!
- Olivarius Apart Hotel Villeneuve D’Ascq – If you’re looking for a middle-priced option, then check out this condo-hotel! It’s only 5 km away from the airport and some of the best advantages of staying here are free use of a fully equipped kitchenette, free Wi-Fi and more.
- B&B Hôtel Grand Stade – Are you on a budget? No worries, I got you covered! This bed and breakfast hotel is just perfect and it has some pretty good prices, I must admit. It’s only 5 km from the airport and they offer 24-hour reception as well. So nice!
This was my comprehensive guide on Lille accommodation! I’m sure that you’re already an expert on the best accommodations by now and I’m almost convinced you found the ideal hotel for your trip after reading this article, am I right?
I talked about the best area for tourists who visit Lille and I shared with you my list of the best hotels in the city center, all grouped by budget and with flawless reviews. I also gave you some recommendations for hotels near the train stations and near the airport, as well as some apartments if you prefer.
I hope you found the content in this guide useful and I wish you a great trip! If you’re on the search for some more travel articles about this wonderful city, I recommend checking out A Short Stay in Lille, France.
In case you have any questions, make sure to leave them in the comments below, I’m happy to help!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!