Florida’s Gulf Coast is filled with stunning places, and Anna Maria Island is among the top ones! This tranquil corner of heaven has that old Florida charm that we all love so if you’re planning a trip to this fabulous location soon, buckle up!
I’m about to tell you all about the best hotels, cottages, and resorts where to stay in Anna Maria Island! Listed from most to least expensive, these accommodations offer plenty of facilities!
Make sure you stick until the end because I’ve also added a small but so worth it bonus section with unique oceanfront accommodations that you’ll love!
Yes, Florida never ceases to surprise us! But that also goes for how quickly the hotels sell out. That’s why I recommend booking your resort in advance and avoiding last-minute bookings. Otherwise, you’ll risk losing your favorite spot!
Okay, enough with the spoilers, let’s discover this unique island on the Gulf Coast!
If you are in a hurry
Are you ready to book your accommodation right now? Then have a look at this list of the best resorts and hotels on Anna Maria Island, FL:
Best areas where to stay in Anna Maria Island
Anna Maria Island on the Gulf Coast is made up of 3 different areas Anna Maria town, Holmes Beach, and Bradenton Beach. Anna Maria is the main town on the island, where you’ll find many restaurants, shops, and attractions. Holmes Beach is a bit more tranquil and it’s the perfect site for watersports, and Bradenton Beach also has a laid-back atmosphere that is perfect for relaxation!
In this post, I will give you top-rated hotels and accommodation options in all 3 places so check the hotel descriptions and map below to see the location if you have a specific preference!
Luxury (US$300 and up)
- Waterline Marina Resort & Beach Club – Ready for an unforgettable holiday on the beautiful Anna Maria Island, Florida? Check out this cool resort set on Holmes Beach, overlooking the ocean! Each suite is equipped with modern amenities, including private balconies and a kitchen. When you’re not out on the beach, you can chill by the pool and try all the water facilities.
- Grant’s View – How cool is this beachfront holiday home? Perfect for a bigger group, the accommodation has that old Florida charm that we all love for an island getaway. The rooms have comfortable beds and free wi-fi so grab a cold drink and head over to the sun terrace to sunbathe and enjoy that ocean breeze! But make sure you book your hotels in Anna Maria Island in advance. This place is the ultimate holiday spot so it gets lots of tourists!
- 2 bed 2 bath – I love the colorful decor and the tropical theme they’ve got at this holiday home! Great for a holiday with the kids, this family-friendly accommodation has a children’s playground and a spacious yard and it’s close to Holmes Beach! Guests are welcome to use the heated pool on-site and even rent some bicycles and explore Anna Maria Island! And if you’re looking for other unique places in Florida, check out our latest post!
- Haley’s at Anna Maria Island Inn – Combining all the amenities guests need including lots of space, outdoor grills, and an outdoor pool, this holiday home near the beach had that Old Florida charm! Surrounded by tropical trees, Haley’s at Anna Maria Island Inn has spacious rooms with chic decor!
- Pelican Post at Anna Maria Island Inn – I would lay on those sun loungers by the outdoor pool, all day long! Pelican Post at Anna Maria Island Inn is set in Bradenton Beach and has family rooms with a private bathroom that has a spa bath! Other amenities include free parking, and an outdoor dining area, plus many other activities that you can try out off-site like windsurfing and tennis!
Mid Range (US$250 – US$300)
- Tides Inn on the Bay – Set within walking distance from the beach, these comfortable holiday homes are great for your Florida island escape! During the day, you can explore the beautiful Bradenton Beach or relax at the accommodation, and fix up a barbecue if you don’t feel like going out to eat! Your house is equipped with a dining area and a kitchen of course, but some fun additional activities that this place offers are cooking classes and pub crawls! And if you’re looking for other fun places to visit, check out Sarasota, another beautiful spot in the Gulf of Mexico!
- Bungalow Beach Resort – I love these vintage cottages set on Bradenton Beach! Bungalows and cottages range from one-room studios to those with three bedrooms and they have a semi-white theme going on, which I love! The beachfront resort offers daily housekeeping and a small kitchenette! Plus guests at Bungalow Beach Resort will have access to a private beach area, and a heated pool!
- Bridgewalk, a Landmark Resort – Start your morning with a coffee on the balcony of these fabulous apartments situated in Bradenton Beach, right on Bridge Street. Among the many amenities, you’ll find small kitchenettes and a seating area plus a daily maid service. When you’re not out exploring the area or swimming in the fabulous beaches, you can relax by the heated swimming pool or enjoy a nice massage at Bridgewalk Resort.
- Cedar Cove Resort – Forget about everything and everyone this holiday and immerse yourself in Florida’s natural beauty! Cedar Cove Resort is located in Holmes Beach, not too far from Bradenton Beach, and it offers large apartment-style units with full kitchens, comfortable beds, and some even have a balcony facing the beach! The resort has a beachfront location and a private beach area as well!
- Playa Esmeralda Boutique Inn – Gotta love a cool rooftop terrace in a place like Anna Maria Island! This inn is set on Bradenton Beach and it has such a cool design, the colors put you in a good mood immediately! Its small garden has a pool and comfortable sun loungers where you can hide from the sun when it’s too much! All the rooms come with a lot of space, a seating area, and a balcony where you can admire those stunning Gulf views!
- Sunrise Garden Resort – Set less than 1 mile away from Anna Maria Beach, one of the Gulf’s most beautiful beaches, this apartment has such nice decor! Everything is super modern, and the apartment has a kitchen! There’s a small patio at Sunrise Garden Resort where you can enjoy your meals and also a swimming pool, to cool off during those hot days!
Budget (up to US$240)
- An Island Getaway at Palm Tree Villas – Looking for an affordable place to stay in Anna Maria Island on the Gulf Coast? Then check out the Palm Tree Villas on Holmes Beach! Equipped with full kitchens, beach chairs, and a heated pool, the villas have everything you need! There are also plenty of restaurants nearby, but it’s definitely worth using the barbecue facilities while you’re here and having a fun home-cooked dinner on the patio one of the nights!
- Compass Hotel by Margaritaville Anna Maria Sound – I love resorts that put you in a vacation mood the minute you arrive there! This fantastic accommodation in Bradenton, on the Gulf Coast, has super comfortable rooms that come with air conditioning and a balcony from where you can admire the Gulf views! Guests can start their day with a delicious breakfast at the hotel and then head out to the pool to sunbathe on the complimentary beach chairs under the Florida sun!
- Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort – Set within walking distance from the beach and Bridge Street, this resort has it all! Great deals, a private beach area, and many activities you can do during your stay in Anna Maria Island on the Gulf Coast. Guests can eat a continental breakfast at the Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort and then head to the beach to sunbathe on the beach chairs or try the different water activities.
- Queens Gate Resort – Feel at home at this affordable resort in Bradenton Beach with that Old Florida charm! The accommodation has a spacious room, a dining area, and a kitchen. Guests will have access to a private beach area, an outdoor pool, and a furnished patio where you can start your morning and drink your coffee! You’ll find Cortez Beach, Bradenton Beach Marina, and some cafes and restaurants less than 1 mile away!
|👑 Luxury price:
|🏨 Mid Range:
|💰 Accommodation prices:
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:
|Waterline Marina Resort
|🧳 Best mid-range hotel:
|Tides Inn on the Bay
|👛 Best budget hotel:
|Palm Tree Villas
|🌊 Top oceanfront hotel:
|Anna Maria Beach Resort
BONUS: Oceanfront hotels where to stay in Anna Maria Island
Now that we’ve gone through our main list of hotels in Anna Maria Island, Florida (they’re pretty amazing right?) we can move on to the next small chapter of our story!
I didn’t want to finish this post without offering 2 more options which are hands down the best oceanfront hotels on the Gulf Coast! Both look so awesome and I’m sure many of you will want to wake up to that ocean breeze and a sea view during this holiday!
So let’s check them out! Both hotels are luxurious with prices from US$600 to US$200.
- Anna Maria Beach Resort – Enjoy that wonderful Florida sun on the sandy beach at this resort that’s set on Holmes Beach. Featuring rooms with a balcony overlooking the Gulf and modern amenities, Anna Maria Beach Resort also offers complimentary beach chairs and a hot tub! If you’re not up for some beach time then you can sit by the pool or in the poolside cabanas! End your day by gathering up near the outdoor fireplace and enjoying that soft ocean breeze at night!
- Bamboo Apartments – Tucked away between the palm trees this beachfront aparthotel is perfect for anyone who wants some privacy and also a tranquil stay on Anna Maria Island. The accommodation has all the facilities you’d need, including a kitchen, and barbecue facilities, and some also have a balcony that offers Gulf views. Guests will also have access to complimentary beach chairs and a private beach area!
BONUS: Anna Maria Island motels
Maybe you are looking for more budget-friendly accommodation on Anna Maria Isalnd.
Don’t worry – I’ve also got you covered there! I’ve only found one motel that is worth it, but it is a great option if you are looking to stay in a motel on Anna Maria Island!
- Anna Maria Motel Resort – Experience a historic tropical oasis on Anna Maria Island, nestled amidst queen palm trees at exclusive Bean Point. Enjoy world-class beaches, fishing, and relaxation by our pool and spa. This motel resort offers studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom units, with free amenities and parking.
FAQs about Anna Maria Island lodging
🏝️ What part of Anna Maria Island is the best?
The best part of Ana Maria Island is Ana Maria Beach, this serene area is set on the central side of the island and it’s perfect for swimming, relaxing, and simply enjoying the island vibes!
🤩 Is Anna Maria Island a nice place to stay?
Yes, Anna Maria Island is a great place for a vacation on the Gulf Coast! It has scenic beaches, crystal clear waters, plenty of water sports, and incredible nature preserves! Plus there are so many resorts and cottages here like Bungalow Beach Resort, which has a pool.
🚶♀️ Is Anna Maria Island walkable?
Yes, Anna Maria Island is a pedestrian-friendly place and you’ll also have the island’s free trolley available to use or rent a bicycle if you want to reach a beach super fast!
❓ Is Anna Maria Beach crowded?
No, Anna Maria Beach is usually not crowded, so if you’re looking for a place where you can relax and enjoy some tranquility, then visit this beautiful island in Florida!
Already browsing the internet for swimsuits and sunglasses? Me too! I hope this article helped you decide which are the best hotels where to stay in Anna Maria Island, Florida!
Time flew by while I wrote the article and now we’ve covered so much including all the best hotels, cottages, and resorts in Anna Maria Island, plus I even mentioned some great oceanfront accommodations that I’m sure you don’t want to miss out on (if you’ve scrolled to fast, just check the bonus section).
Now that I think about it, you may be a bit overwhelmed by all the options (let’s face it, they’re pretty awesome). So here are my top 2 favorite spots again:
- Waterline Marina Resort & Beach Club – A fabulous resort near the beach that offers the most amazing views, chic rooms with a balcony, and a sun terrace
- Tides Inn on the Bay – This mid-range option is just 1 minute away from the beach and it has a beautiful garden, barbecues facilities, and a patio
As I mentioned, the best resorts and hotels in Anna Maria Island sell out super fast! I highly recommend booking yours in advance to avoid any inconvenience like losing your favorite resort!
Enjoy this stunning location in Florida! If you’ve got any questions or maybe some hotel suggestions for our readers, leave me a comment below, and I’ll answer ASAP!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!