Andorra is a tiny country known for its tax-free sales and its diversity of activities, from skiing down the snow slopes/pistes to hiking your way to the top of the mountains! With so many activities, it is normal to want to spend your vacations there, but you might be wondering, which are the best ski resorts to visit?
It might be your lucky day because you landed on the right page to help you decide what the best Andorra ski resorts to choose from are. I have carefully selected the best Andorran hotels with brilliant reviews for you and grouped together based on areas and their prices for your convenience.
There’s options in each of the main Ski Towns and also the capital, Andorra la Vella.
Even though this is a small country, many skiers and non-skiers want to visit Andorra, so I recommend booking as soon as you find the resort to secure a spot!
Well, I’m ready to give you all the juicy information so let’s dive into the Andorran ski resorts list.
If you are in a hurry…
Are you prepared to put on your ski boots and book your hotel? Here is a list of the best ski resorts in Andorra:
- Best luxury hotel – Andorra Park Hotel
- Best mid-range hotel – Hotel del Tarter
- Best budget hotel – Hotel Meta
P.S.: If you want to have the best winter holiday in this country, I recommend you check my article with all the tips on skiing and other winter activities in Andorra!
Before starting, I need to explain a bit about the different resorts out there. The whole Andorra area is divided into two big sections – Grandvalira ski area and Vallnord.
These are the two main areas and resorts in Andorra, but each is divided into different villages/smaller resorts up on the mountain that offer excellent options for Andorra chalets, hotels, and apartments.
PRO TIP: Before we jump into hotel recommendations, I’ll let you know that, after my research, I found that on Booking, you’ll find the best accommodation options for Andorra. However, if you want a combination of hotel + ski lift passes (and half-board meals), it might be cheaper and more convenient to get it through this website.
Best accommodations near the ski lifts
What are the main advantages for any visitor staying in these villages instead of staying down at the capital, Andorra la Vella? First of all, these villages are super beautiful, but you will also find yourself within walking distance from the ski lifts, so you’ll commute less and enjoy your trip more! So let’s check them all out.
1. Grandvalira – best place to stay in Andorra for first timers
Grandvalira ski area is one of the most famous Andorra resorts because of its size and the number of ski runs (112 slopes; from green to steep, off-piste red, and black runs) you can find there.
But there is also a great variety of activities for non-skiers to do around the area other than skiing; you have snowmobiling, mushing, snowshoeing, racing in the ice rink, and even zip wiring, perfect to fit any traveler’s taste!
Let’s see which are the best accommodation options in each resort in Grandvalira:
1.1. Pas de la Casa
Forget crowded, expensive ski resorts; this country is the best place to visit multiple pistes in one day!
El Pas de la Casa is a village inside the big Grandvalira resort that is closest to the border with France and is the largest ski area! It is also the highest ski area in Andorra with an amazing snow record and has 31 lifts and 100 km of pistes.
Here are the best hotels I recommend in the area (one luxury, one middle-priced, and one budget):
- Luxury (€200 and up): Hotel Caribou – This great luxury ski resort is about 200 m from the ski lifts Solana, Pas de la Casa, Coll Blanc, and more! It is a modern and well-equipped complex for your stay, located near the ski slopes/pistes, and it even has a bar to enjoy after a day of skiing through the snow-dusted trees – tempting for skiers, right?
- Middle Priced (from €130 to €200): Hotel Mirtil – This is a nice and cozy middle-priced ski resort option about 100 m from the nearest ski lifts, such as Pas de la Casa and Solana. It has a classic and simple décor, and all rooms have a heating system, TV, and a private bathroom.
- Budget (up to €130): Hotel Meta – It is one of the best cheap hotels in Andorra, located super close to multiple ski lifts. This comfortable and spacious hotel offers family-friendly rooms and an excellent ski school for intermediate skiers and even advanced skiers!
Soldeu is a lovely village at 1,710 meters that comes alive during the skiing season. Their main restaurants and ski schools are located at 2,250m, where the gondola leaves you.
The village has many accommodation options, après ski bars, restaurants, and shops to hire skiing and snowboarding equipment; you can even go dog sledding!
Below you can find the best accommodations in Soldeu for your stay:
- Luxury (€400 and up): Sport Hotel Hermitage & Spa – This is one of the best and most luxurious ski resorts in the area, located 200 m away from the ski lifts. All their rooms have amazing quality, and the facilities include free 3-hour admission to their spa and outdoor hydrotherapy baths. Did I also mention they have amazing views of the slopes?
- Mid Range (from €200 to €400):Hotel Xalet Montana – This is a middle-priced hotel conveniently located only 150 m from the gondola station that takes you to ski slopes. Their comfortable and cozy rooms are only part of the magic, but their facilities also include a swimming pool and a wellness center.
- Budget (up to €200): Apartamentos Prat de les Molleres – This is one of the best apartments in Andorra, only 450 m from the Soldeu ski lift. It is spacious enough to sleep 4 to 6 people and includes a dining area, a flat-screen TV, and a fully-fitted kitchen!
The town of Encamp is located right next to the Valira d’Orient river, and it is connected by a bridge to El Pas de la Casa ski lift. It is a good location if you want to stay in a small village during your ski holidays where you can find the highest mountain at 2,865 m!
These are the best places to stay in Encamp:
- Luxury (€200 and up): Aparthotel Shusski – This is a great option among all Andorra apartments out there, and it is only 50 m from the cable car that goes up to Grandvalira ski resort. At the hotel, every unit has a lounge area and a balcony. The modern units also have separate bedrooms, a heating system, and an on-site bar-restaurant for guests!
- Mid Range (from €70 to €140): Hotel Guillem & Spa – This middle-priced hotel is a 5-minute walk (400 m) away from the ski lift. The property offers spacious and comfortable rooms with parquet floors. Plus, all rooms have satellite TV and a private bathroom!
- Budget (up to €70): Montecarlo – It is a modern and comfortable budget hotel located near the Funicamp ski lift. The hotel facilities include an on-site bar where I’m sure you will be able to connect with other snowboarders!
The ski slopes and pistes in Canillo are perfect for families, beginners, and snowboarders who are just starting to get along with the snow.
You can also find the Mont Magic Family Snow Park here (don’t miss the Mont Magic Circuit), with nursery slopes and kids clubs where the little ones can build igloos and snowmen or try the indoor activities of face painting and crafts or maybe even visit the Motorbike Museum!
All in all, it’s a great place for families traveling to Andorra, but for any other type of skiers as well, thanks to the après ski vibe this area has!
- Luxury (€140 and up): Hotel Obaga Blanca & Spa– This is a luxury mountain hotel about 650 m from the Canillo ski lifts that offers ski storage as well, which is a nice plus! The hotel also has an indoor and outdoor hot tub, a spa, and a terrace. What more can you wish for?!
- Mid Range (from €100 to €140): Hotel Bonavida – This nice Andorra chalet is 150 m away from the ski lifts and offers ski lockers and a boot drying service. Their amenities also include a spa and an outdoor pool, and it’s located a 2-minute walk from the Palau de Gel.
- Budget (up to €100): Casa Rural Restaurant – This is a small but comfortable budget hotel on the outskirts of Canillo! Their facilities include ski storage, lockers, a flat-screen TV in every room, and an on-site restaurant, perfect to meet other adrenaline junkies!
1.5. El Tarter
The residential area of El Tarter has become one of the most visited and one of most popular ski resorts in Andorra and it’s an amazing alpine skiing scene.
Staying here during any season gives you an exclusive view of the activities, from seeing people slide their way down skiing slopes and pistes to watching others biking or hiking their way around the mountains.
- Luxury (€250 and up): Hotel Nordic Andorra – This amazing luxury hotel almost feels like a resort with modern and traditional-styled areas that include indoor and outdoor pools. It is only 350 m from the ski lift of El Tarter, and you can rent equipment and buy ski passes right at the hotel!
- Mid Range (from €120 to €250): Hotel del Tarter – This cozy middle-priced hotel in El Tarter is less than a 5-min walk (300 m) to the chair elevator that takes you to the ski slopes. The property offers spacious and cozy rooms, all with satellite TV, and some even have a balcony with mountain views.
- Budget (up to €120): Mountain Hostel Tarter – This is one of the best Andorra hostels, located in El Tarter just 600 m from the ski lifts, with rooms that overlook the mountains. The accommodation has a shared kitchen and dining area for the guests, and each of their dorms has a heating system and a locker for each guest!
1.6. Grau Roig
Grau Roig is one of the best ski areas in Andorra, with amazing skiing, hiking routes, and varied terrain that includes nursery slopes, but unfortunately, it barely has any accommodation
options. This resort is known foremost for its extraordinary views – because there are almost no buildings, the sights are much more impressive, and the ski runs (off-piste as well) are bigger and cleaner!
If you want to stay in Grau Roig, I still found an amazing place where you can stay:
Grau Roig Andorra Boutique Hotel & Spa (from €320 to €450) – This is the most luxurious hotel in the Grau Roig area! It’s surrounded by mountains, and it’s located right next to the Antenes ski lift (Riberal ski lift and others are 100 m or farther away). The modern and fancy rooms have Bvlgari amenities, a satellite TV, and a minibar. If you are traveling with the family, no worries; this family-friendly hotel has a kids club, reading room, and even a jazz room on-site!
2. Vallnord – top place to stay in Andorra for families
Vallnord ski area is a great resort for skiing and snowboarding down the Pyrenees Mountains. Its sectors are Pal-Arinsal Village and Ordino-Arcalis, and they are both interconnected by a cable car.
PRO TIP: If you are only looking for a hotel, I recommend checking my Booking recommendations below. But if you want a combo package with accommodation and a ski lift pass included, you should get it through this website.
The prices are much cheaper per person if you opt for these packages, and they have many different offers departing from airports all over Great Britain!
Below you can find my best hotel recommendations in each of the two sectors:
Pal is the best family-friendly destination for beginners compared to Ordino. There is easy access to the slopes, and there are many great services there, such as après ski restaurants, a snow park, and kid centers.
Here are the best hotels I recommend in the area:
- Luxury (€300 and up): Ushuaia, The Mountain Hotel – This middle-priced resort is 350 m from the nearest ski lift, and you can also find ski equipment rental on-site. Their other facilities include room service, a shared lounge, a bar, and a kids’ club!
- Mid Range (from €150 to €300): Hotel Spa Princesa Parc – This is an elegant hotel located 150m away from the nearest ski lift (D’Arinsal), and it awaits you with an outdoor pool, a spa, and bowling lanes. There is also a nice pub-style bar with live music during winter.
- Budget (up to €150): Xalet Besolí – This is a comfortable, classic budget hotel located 500 m from the Pal-Arinsal ski elevator. The property offers spacious and cozy rooms, all with a balcony and private bathroom. You’ll also be happy to know they have a cozy shared fireplace area!
Ordino is a small town in the northern part of Andorra, right next to the Valira d’Ordino river. It is the third largest town after Canillo and Encamps and lies on the foot of Casamanya, a great 2740 m high mountain!
Although there are no luxury hotels in Ordino, there are still some amazing options to stay there. Below you can find the best accommodations in Ordino for your stay:
- Hotel Coma – This is a hotel in the mountains surrounded by the village of Ordino, 2 km away from the ski lift. The property boasts an outdoor pool, a tennis court, and various outdoor activities such as hiking, canyoning, and of course, skiing – don´t worry, you don’t have to be one of the best freestyle skiers to hop into these fun activities!
- Apartments Giberga – This is a great hotel in the area, located just 1 km from the ski lift (perfect for skiers!). The rooms all include a private bathroom and a flat-screen TV, and some even have a balcony with mountain views!
3. Best hotels in Andorra la Vella – where to stay for shopping
Andorra la Vella (the capital of Andorra) is a good option if you want to stay for a bit longer and do some cultural activities or if you’re going to be skiing in Pal-Arinsal (Vallnord ski area), which is 8 km away, or Encamp (Grandvalira ski area) which is 12 km away from Andorra la Vella.
Andorra la Vella has a population of 22,886 people and is a charming city where you can find many duty-free shopping opportunities and a great mix of cultures because of their Catalan and French influence!
If you don’t want to rent a car, I can tell you that most hotels offer shuttles, and there are also public buses that take you to Encamp, where you catch a gondola up to the center of Soldeu/Grau Roig/Pas de la Casa area.
In case you are searching for the best hotel in Andorra center for your stay, take a look at my list below! I have categorized them by price range, so you can easily choose the one that fits your budget best.
Luxury (€160 and up)
- Andorra Park Hotel – This elegant 5-star hotel has both an outdoor and indoor swimming pool, a gym, and free Wi-Fi. Their comfortable and modern rooms have air-conditioning, mountain views from the balcony, and a private bathroom with slippers and a bathrobe!
- Suites Plaza Hotel – This is an exclusive hotel decorated with Salvador Dalí-inspired tapestries. Each room has air-conditioning, a heating system, a flat-screen TV, and a sofa bed. Their shared amenities include a gym, an indoor pool, and a sauna.
Middle-priced (from €60 to €160)
- Centric Atiram Hotel – This hotel has a gorgeous décor in its spacious rooms, a great heating and air-conditioning system, and a flat-screen TV in each room. It is very close to Caldea Spa and many tax-free shops, and it even offers a ski storage area for its guests.
- NH Andorra la Vella – This is one of the best hotels in Andorra; you would never believe it has such affordable prices with top-level service! The hotel has elegant rooms with air-conditioning and free Wi-Fi and even offers family-friendly rooms, and is close to many après ski bars to relax after a day skiing at the red and black runs or even the sweeping blues!
Budget (up to €60)
- Hotel de l’lsard – This classic, cozy hotel is close to many parks and offers guests ski pass vendors and ski storage space. All rooms have a flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi, and a private bathroom.
- Les Closes – This is a modern yet budget friendly hotel with many tax-free stores around it and at a 5-minute walk from the Caldea spa center. Their recently renovated rooms have the best furniture, a private bathroom, and great heating and air-conditioning system.
|👑 Luxury price:
|💵 Mid Range:
|💰 Accommodation prices:
|📍 Best area:
|Pas de la Casa and Pal-Arinsal
FAQs about ski resorts in Andorra
🎿 What is the best part to stay in Andorra for skiing?
🏂 What is the best ski resort for families?
The best area to stay for families is Pal-Arinsal. I recommend staying at Ushuaia, The Mountain Hotel!
☃️ What is the best time to ski in Andorra?
The Andorra ski season is from December to April, when the snow is relatively reliable during those months!
This was my entire list of recommendations for the top ski resorts in this tiny mountainous country. I recommend from the highest resort to incredible budget accommodation options, so I’m sure you will find something perfect for your needs and interests!
If you still have a tough time choosing where to stay in the Iberian Peninsula, let me give you my top 2 picks if I went on a Andorra ski trip:
- Suites Plaza Hotel – this hotel is more than every other resort! I simply loved it.
- Hotel Meta – this is the perfect option if you want to stay in the largest ski area in Andorra and in one of the best Andorran ski resorts!
PRO TIP: I suggest you start booking for Andorra soon because the winter season is coming, and if the hotels sell rooms fast in the regular season, the winter season triples its speed!
If you want to know more about the activities one can do in Andorra that don’t only involve skiing, you can read my complete guide about skiing in Andorra, I promise there is more fun than you think!
If you would like to add any tips or questions, please tell me below in the comments. I am always happy to help!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!