Andorra is a small country between Spain and France that is known for their tax-free sales and their diversity of activities, from skiing down the snow slopes to hiking your way to the top of the mountains!
If you have asked yourself how big is Andorra, let me surprise you with the fact that this Catalan-speaking country has 85,000 citizens and residents. So it is quite small for the number of ski resorts, thermal spas, and accommodations that are throughout the cities!
By the way, if you want to have the best winter holiday in this country, I recommend you check my article with all the tips on skiing and other winter activities in Andorra!
To complete your idea of traveling here, you need to know a bit more about Andorra ski accommodation. I have carefully selected the best Andorra hotels with brilliant reviews for you, and grouped together based on areas and their prices for your convenience.
These are the best hotels in Andorra:
Best accommodations near the ski lifts
Before starting, I need to explain a bit about the different resorts out there. The whole Andorra area is divided into two big sections – Grandvalira and Vallnord.
These are the two main areas and resorts in Andorra, but each of them is divided into different villages/smaller resorts up on the mountain that offer amazing options for Andorra chalets, hotels and apartments.
Which is the main advantage for any visitor to staying in these villages as opposed to staying down at the capital, Andorra la Vella? First of all, these villages are super beautiful, but you will also find yourself at walking distance from the ski lifts, so you’ll commute less and enjoy your trip more!
PRO TIP: Before we jump into hotel recommendations, I’ll let you know that, after my research, I found that on Booking you’ll find the best accommodation options for Andorra. However, if you want a combination of hotel + ski lift passes (and half board meal as well), it might be cheaper and more convenient to get it through this website.
Grandvalira is one of the most famous Andorra resorts because of its size and the number of ski runs (112 slopes) you can find there. There is a grand variety of activities to do around the area other than skiing; you have snowmobiling, mushing, snowshoeing, and even zip wiring, perfect to fit any traveler’s taste!
PRO TIP: If you are coming to Andorra from the UK, you might be interested in this: I found a great website where you can buy accommodation with flight tickets included as well (and airport taxes and return airport transfer). The prices are much cheaper per person if you opt for these packages and they have many different offers departing from airports all over Great Britain!
Let’s see which are the best accommodation options in each resorts in Grandvalira:
1.1. Pas de la Casa
El Pas de la Casa is a village and ski resort part of the big Grandvalira resort that is closest to the border with France. It is the highest ski area in Andorra with an amazing snow record and has 31 lifts and 100 km of pistes.
Here are the best hotels I recommend in the area (one luxury, one middle-priced and one budget):
- Hotel Magic Pas (US $130 and up) – This great luxury hotel is about 200 m from the ski lifts Solana, Pas de la Casa, Coll Blanc, and more! It is a modern and well-equipped complex for your stay, located near the ski slopes and it even has a spa center with a sauna, and a bar to enjoy after a day of skiing!
- Hotel Mirtil (from US $80 to US $130) – This is a nice and cozy middle-priced hotel option about 100 m from the nearest ski lifts such as Pas de la Casa and Solana. It has a classic and simple décor and all rooms have a heating system, TV, and a private bathroom.
- Secret Spot Hostel (up to US $80) – It is one of the best cheap hotels in Andorra, located about 200 m from La Massana ski lift. It is a comfortable and spacious guest house, perfect for single travelers and big families as well, with a shared kitchen and shared lounge.
Soldeu is a lovely village up at 1,710 meters that comes alive during the skiing season. Their main restaurants and ski schools are located at 2,250m, where the gondola leaves you.
The village itself has many accommodation options, bars, restaurants, and shops to hire skiing and snowboarding equipment.
Below you can find the best accommodations in Soldeu for your stay:
- Sport Hotel Hermitage & Spa (US $200 and up) – This is one of the best and most luxurious hotels in the area, located 200 m away from the ski lifts. All their rooms have an amazing quality andthe facilities include free 3-hour admission to their spa and outdoor hydrotherapy baths. Did I also mention they have amazing views of the slopes?
- Hotel Xalet Montana (from US $110 to US $200) – This is a middle-priced hotel conveniently located only 150 m from the gondola station that takes you to ski slopes. Their comfortable and cozy rooms are only part of the magic, but their facilities also include a swimming pool and a wellness center.
- Apartamentos Prat de les Molleres (up to US $110) – This is one of the best apartments in Andorra, only 450 m from the Soldeu ski lift. It is spacious enough to sleep 4 to 6 people and includes a dining area with a flat-screen TV, and a fully fitted kitchen!
The town of Encamp is located right next to the Valira d’Orient river, and it is connected by a bridge to El Pas de la Casa ski lift. It is a good location if you want to stay in a small village where you can find the highest mountain at 2,865 m!
These are the best places to stay in Encamp:
- Aparthotel Shusski (US$140 and up) – This is a great option among all Andorra apartments out there and it is only 50 m from the cable car that goes up to Grandvalira ski resort. At the hotel, every unit has a lounge area and a balcony. The modern units also have separate bedrooms, a heating system, and there is an on-site bar-restaurant for the guests!
- Hotel Guillem & Spa (from US $70 to US $140) – This middle-priced hotel is a 5-minute walk (400 m) away from the ski lift. The property offers spacious and comfortable rooms with parquet floors. Plus, all rooms have satellite TV and a private bathroom!
- Hotel Mila (up to US $70) – It is a modern and comfortable budget hotel located a 4-minute walk (300 m) from the ski lift. The hotel facilities include family rooms, an on-site bar, a shared lounge, and free Wi-Fi.
The ski slopes in Canillo are perfect for families, beginners and snowboarders who are just starting to get along with the snow. You can also find the Mon(t) Magic Family Park here, where kids can build igloos, snowmen or try the indoor activities of face painting and crafts! All in all, it’s a great place for families traveling to Andorra, but for any other type of traveler as well!
Now let me share my recommendations on where to stay in Canillo:
- Hotel Obaga Blanca & Spa (US $150 and up) – This is a luxury mountain hotel about 650 m from the Canillo ski lifts that offers ski storage as well, which is a nice plus! The hotel also has an indoor and outdoor hot tub, a spa, and a terrace. What more can you wish for?!
- Hotel Bonavida (from US $90 to US $150) – This nice Andorra chalet is 150 m away from the ski lifts and offers ski lockers and a boot drying service. Their amenities also include a spa, an outdoor pool, and it’s located a 2-minute walk from the Palau de Gel.
- Hotel Roc Del Castell (up to US $90) – This is a small but comfortable budget hotel right in the center of the village and only 200 m from the ski lifts! Their facilities also include ski storage, lockers, and a satellite TV in every room.
1.5. El Tarter
The residential area of El Tarter has become one of the most visited in Andorra and it’s an amazing alpine skiing scene. Staying here during any season gives you an exclusive view of the activities, from seeing people slide their way down skiing slopes to watching others biking or hiking their way around the mountains.
Here are the best hotels I recommend in the area:
- Hotel Nordic Andorra (US $200 and up) – This amazing luxury hotel almost feels like a resort with modern and traditional-styled areas that include indoor and outdoor pools. It is only 350 m from the ski lift of El Tarter and you can rent equipment and buy ski passes right at the hotel!
- Hotel del Tarter (from US $100 to US $200) – This cozy middle-priced hotel is less than a 5-min walk (300 m) to the chair elevator that takes you to the ski slopes. The property offers spacious and cozy rooms, all with satellite TV, and some even have a balcony with mountain views.
- Mountain Hostel Tarter (up to US$100) – This is one of the best Andorra hostels, located just 600 m from the ski lifts, with rooms that overlook the mountains. The accommodation has a shared kitchen and dining area for the guests, and each of their dorms has a heating system as well as a locker for each guest!
1.6. Grau Roig
Grau Roig is a great area in Andorra with amazing skiing and hiking routes but, unfortunately, it barely has any accommodation options. This resort is known foremost for their extraordinary views – because there are almost no buildings, the sights are much more impressive and the ski runs are bigger and cleaner!
If you want to stay in Grau Roig, I still found two amazing places where you can stay:
- Grau Roig Andorra Boutique Hotel & Spa (from US$320 to US$450) – This is the most luxurious hotel in the Grau Roig area! It’s surrounded by mountains and it’s located right next to the Antenes ski lift (Riberal ski lift and others are 100 m or farther away). The modern and fancy rooms have Bvlgari amenities, a satellite TV, and a minibar. If you are traveling with the family, no worries, there is a kids club, reading room, and even a jazz room on-site!
- Igloo Hotel in Andorra (from US$260 to US$400) – This hotel is perfect for all adventure lovers out there, as it’s up at 2,350 m high! It only has 5 rooms and you will get to sleep in arctic sleeping bags (so you don’t freeze). You will get to taste and enjoy a very unique dinner under the stars with great beverages, and can then go for a hydro massage bath to relax. Sounds great, right?
Vallnord is a great resort for skiing as well as snowboarding down the Pyrenees Mountains. Its sectors are Pal-Arinsal and Ordino-Arcalis, and they are both interconnected by a cable car.
PRO TIP 1: If you are only looking for a hotel, then I recommend checking my Booking recommendations below. But if you want a combo package with accommodation and ski lift pass included, you might want to get it through this website.
PRO TIP 2: If you want to go from the UK to Andorra, I have a great tip for you: I found this website where you can buy accommodation with flight tickets included (and airport taxes and return airport transfer). The prices are much cheaper per person if you opt for these packages and they have many different offers departing from airports all over Great Britain!
Below you can find my best hotel recommendations in each of the two sectors:
Pal is the best destination for beginners and families compared to Ordino. There is easy access to the slopes and there are many great services there such as restaurants and kids centers.
Here are the best hotels I recommend in the area:
- Hotel Spa Princesa Parc (US $150 and up) – This is an elegant hotel located 150m away from the nearest ski lift (D’Arinsal) and it awaits you with an outdoor pool, a spa, and bowling lanes. There is also a nice pub-style bar there that has live music during winter.
- Ushuaia, The Mountain Hotel (from US $100 to US $150) – This middle-priced hotel is 350 m from the nearest ski lift and you can also find ski equipment rental on-site. Their other facilities include room service, a shared lounge, a bar, and a kids’ club!
- Xalet Besolí (up tp US $100) – This is a comfortable, classic budget hotel located 500 m from the Pal-Arinsal ski elevator. The property offers spacious and cozy rooms, all with a balcony and private bathroom. Plus, you’ll be happy to know they also have a cozy shared fireplace area!
Ordino is a small town on the northern part of Andorra, right next to the Valira d’Ordino river. It is the third largest town after Canillo and Encamp and it lies on the foot of Casamanya, which is a great 2740 m high mountain!
Although there are no luxury hotels in Ordino, there are still some amazing options to stay there. Below you can find the best accommodations in Ordino for your stay:
- Hotel Ordino – This is a cozy hotel in the mountains surrounded by the village of Ordino, 1.8 km away from the ski lift. Here’s a nice info: if you stay for 2 nights or more, you get a free session at their spa!
- Hotel Arbella – This is a great budget hotel in the area, located 1.7 km from the ski lift. The rooms all include a private bathroom and a flat-screen TV, and some even have a balcony with mountain views!
3. Best hotels in Andorra la Vella
Andorra la Vella (the capital of Andorra) is a good option if you want to stay for a bit longer and do some cultural activities or if you’re going to be skiing in Pal-Arinsal (Vallnord), which is 8 km away or Encamp (Grandvalira) which is 12 km away from Andorra la Vella.
Andorra la Vella has a population of 22,886 people. It is a charming city where you can find not only many shopping opportunities, but also a great mix of cultures because of their Catalan and French influence!
If you don’t want to rent a car, I can tell you that most hotels offer shuttles and there are also public buses that take you to Encamp where you catch a gondola up to the center of Soldeu/Grau Roig/Pas de la Casa area.
In case you are searching for the best hotel in Andorra center for your stay, take a look at my list below! I have categorized them by price ranges, so you can easily choose the one that fits your budget best.
So, here we go, If you want to stay in Andorra la Vella, these are the best places I am recommending:
Luxury (US $160 and up)
- Andorra Park Hotel – This elegant 5-star hotel has both an outdoor and indoor swimming pool, a gym, and free Wi-Fi. Their comfortable and modern rooms all have air-conditioning, mountain views from the balcony, and a private bathroom with slippers and a bathrobe!
- Holiday Inn – Andorra – This is an exclusive hotel decorated with Salvador Dalí-inspired tapestries. Each room has air-conditioning as well as a heating system, a flat-screen TV, and a sofa bed. Their shared amenities include a gym, an indoor pool, and a sauna.
- Centric Atiram Hotel – This hotel has a gorgeous décor in their spacious rooms, as well as a great heating and air-conditioning system, and a flat-screen TV in each room. It is very close to Caldea Spa, many tax-free shops, and it even offers a ski storage area for their guests.
Middle-priced (from US $60 to US $160)
- Novotel Andorra – This is a modern and spacious hotel near many chic boutiques! They have both an outdoor and indoor swimming pool where you can relax and there are even 3 on-site bars if you don’t want to leave the property for a nice drink! They work in-sync with the Mercure Hotel, so you can make use of their kid’s play area.
- Hotel Mercure Andorra – This comfortable hotel in the commercial center has a spa, an indoor swimming pool, and a hot tub. The amenities also include a great indoor playground for the children if it’s too cold for them to go outside!
- Hotel Metropolis Andorra – This is a classic, elegant accommodation option close to the Caldea spa and city shopping area with free ski storage for the guests. The rooms have the best 100% cotton bed linen, a flat-screen TV, a USB charger, and a complete bathroom.
Budget (up to US $60)
- Les Closes – This is a modern yet budget hotel with many tax-free stores around it, and at a 5-minute walk from the Caldea spa center. Their recently renovated rooms have the best furniture, a private bathroom, and great heating and air-conditioning system.
- Hotel Tudel Andorra – This classic, cozy hotel is right next to the pedestrian plaza and has many options of ski pass sales point, as well as ski storage space for the guests. All rooms have a flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi, and a private bathroom.
- Hotel Diplomatic Andorra – This is one of the best hotels in Andorra, you would never believe it has such affordable prices with top level service! The hotel has elegant rooms with air-conditioning, free Wi-Fi, and even offers an on-site swimming pool and a reading room as well.
This was my entire list of recommendations for where to stay in Andorra – from hotels to apartments around all ski resorts in the country!
PRO TIP: I suggest you start booking for Andorra soon, because the winter season is coming, and if on the regular season the hotels sell rooms fast, winter season triples its speed!
If you want to know more about the activities one can do in Andorra that don’t only imply skiing, you can read my complete guide about skiing in Andorra, I promise there is more fun than you think!
If you would like to add any tips or if you have any questions, please tell me below in the comments. I am always happy to help!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!