Do you want to stay in one of the coolest places in all of Texas on your next trip? Yes? Great! Because I have been looking for the best unique places to stay in Texas for hours until I came up with the gorgeous list of cool properties with amazing amenities, so you and your fellow travelers can make the most amazing memories together!
The way this post is arranged is by price, starting with the luxury options, followed by the mid-range options, and last but not least, the budget options, which are as amazing as the rest. In the end, I added 2 bonuses: the best treehouses in Texas and the best romantic hotels in Texas.
Texas is a popular destination, you have vibrant cities full of art and beautiful natural sceneries that will make you fall in love with the state! So, if you want to secure any of these special and unique accommodations, book your hotel room as soon as possible!
Are you ready to check out some incredible accommodations?
Let’s dive in!
If you are in a hurry
If you don’t have a lot of time and need to book your hotel room in only one click, here are the top 3 unique places to stay in Texas!
- Best 5-star luxury hotel – Udoscape Eco-Glamping Resorts
- Top mid-range hotel – FlopHouze Shipping Container Hotel
- Best budget hotel – El Cosmico
Here is my video of best unique places to stay in Texas to help you choose visually:
The lone star state is quite huge, and these unique hotels are located all around the state, so here you have a map to help you understand where each property is located!
Luxury (US$300 and up)
- Longneck Manor – This one-of-a-kind accommodation will fulfill your childhood dream of spending time with animals like The Wild Thornberrys. This conservation park, located in the Texas Hill Country, offers you the opportunity to interact with giraffes, rhinos, and sloths while you spend a lovely vacation in Fredericksburg. The rooms come with all the amenities you could wish for, plus face-to-face encounters with animals!
- The Bloomhouse by Lodgewell – Wow! This incredible Austin home looks like a modern piece of art. Why? The architecture style will make you feel like you are in a different universe, and in its weirdness and connection with nature lies its beauty. Pro tip: make good use of the outdoor shower! If you are looking for special accommodations in the area, you have amazing boutique hotels in Austin.
- Houseboat-Yacht Nestled In Lake Travis Cove – This houseboat, located in Leander, Texas, looks so much fun! Either if you are looking to spend a fun weekend with your friends or have a nice family reunion, this is the perfect accommodation for you! It can host up to 18 guests, and it has a lovely rooftop terrace with a grill and furniture, perfect for enjoying a wonderful view of Lake Travis with your loved ones!
- Air Castle Treehouse – I love this property! It looks like the perfect place for a fun Texas getaway! Located in Landonia, this accommodation, made out of shipping containers, feels young and fun. It comes with a private hot tub, a fire pit, a rooftop deck, and two bedrooms, which makes it perfect for up to four guests. Dallas is only a short drive away; want to explore the city? Here you can find the best areas in Dallas!
- Blue Hills Ranch & Resort – Disconnect from everyday life and have a unique getaway with the whole family on this ranch! The property is located in McGregor and features amazing views of the mountains and lakes, where you can see wild animals such as cows and giraffes! The cabins they offer have a rustic vibe from the outside and modern furnishings on the inside!
- Udoscape Eco-Glamping Resorts – Would you like to stay in safari tents surrounded by modern amenities? This resort located in Lago Vista is great for you; the tents come with air conditioning, a private bathroom, a flat-screen TV, and a lovely patio. Some of the tents come with their own hot tub. You can find an outdoor swimming pool in the common spaces of the resort, which can be used by all hotel guests.
Mid Range (US$200 – US$300)
- The Belle Plain Caboose – Located in Baird, Texas, this lovely caboose is the perfect place for a romantic getaway! The property is set in front of a lake, and there is a deck that gives you easy access if you fancy a morning swim! The caboose comes with a private bathroom, a private kitchen, and a master bedroom with a double bed. The garden comes with a fire pit, perfect for admiring the stars in the night sky with your partner.
- BlissWood B&B Ranch – Oh my god! What a beautiful ranch located in central Texas, Cat Spring! If you want a tranquil getaway, this is just the place; the ranch’s cabins come with an old-world charm that will make you feel at ease! The cabins come with private bathrooms and a private deck. If you are traveling with a partner, I recommend the cabin, which comes with a queen-sized bed and a seating area.
- Cypress Valley Treehouses – This hotel is surrounded by ancient cypress trees in Spicewood. In the common facilities, you can find a grill where you can make a barbeque, a gorgeous pool, and a store where you can get an espresso for free or purchase food items. I recommend staying at the Yoki Treehouse, it comes with a private bathroom, a kitchenette with a dining area, and a furnished deck.
- Eve’s Garden Bed and Breakfast – This accommodation is so artsy! The property was handmade, and the common areas and rooms have colorful walls and a beautiful bohemian style, and beautiful art on the walls! It is located in Marathon, and West Texas Big Bend National Park is only a 40-minute run away from the property. Coffee shops and stores are just walking distance away!
- The Summit at Big Bend – Good lord! Is this even real?! This resort is located near Lajitas in Terlingua and offers luxury domes with fire pits and shared bathrooms, houses for 6 guests and deluxe amenities, and stunning luxury caves with private bathrooms, which have amazing floor-to-ceiling windows to admire the sunrise, sunset, and the night sky! A unique experience!
- FlopHouze Shipping Container Hotel – Truly stunning! This Round Top, Texas, hotel offers houses made out of shipping containers, but don’t be fooled; the houses have modern amenities and a beautiful industrial style. All the houses come with a private kitchenette, air conditioning, and a lovely terrace deck with a hot tub overlooking a green woody landscape just calling for outdoor adventures!
Budget (up to US$200)
- Wildcatter Ranch and Resort – Located in Graham, Texas, this hotel has a classic Western-style look with the most luxurious amenities. The natural landscape surrounding the resort is a treat; imagine discovering it while horseback riding?! If you need to cool down, you can swim in the resort’s infinity pool. The rooms at the property can have a king-sized bed or a queen bed, so book according to your needs!
- Terlingua Mining Ruin – Do you want to wake up to the most stunning desert view? This Terlingua mining ruin is truly special; such a rustic and cozy place to stay with a loved one. It comes with an outdoor shower and a porch with a bed. If you don’t feel that adventurous, there is a bedroom indoors, as well as a kitchen. The scenic landscape surrounding this property will make your stay memorable!
- Austin Motel – Located in Austin and only a 30-minute walk away from Downtown Austin, this hotel is super colorful, young, and has a cool retro vibe! The hotel comes with a nice outdoor swimming pool and an onsite bar and restaurant! If you are traveling with a partner or friend, I recommend the king room, which comes with a king bed and a vibrant 60’s theme!
- El Cosmico – Wow! This hotel looks so much fun; it is located in Marfa and offers a variety of special properties, from bungalows and caravans to tents and studios, and most of them come with a private bathroom. In the common spaces, you can find a communal outdoor kitchen, a hammock grove, and you can rent wood-fired hot tubs!
- Becka’s Beehive@ La Loma del Chivo – What a cute little home! This tiny and cozy beehive is located in Marathon Texas, with the most stunning and rustic landscape there is. This beehive comes with a double bed and a coffee and tea station. The bathroom is shared with other guests of the hostel! Wi-Fi is available in the hostel!
- 13 Acres Wellness Retreat – Are you looking for the perfect place to unwind and let go of all of your everyday worries? Then this property has what you need, it offers wellness classes, and you get a complimentary class when booking any of their rooms or tents. I highly recommend the Buddha Cottage to big groups!
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:
|Udoscape Eco-Glamping Resorts
|💵 Best mid-range hotel:
|FlopHouze Shipping Container Hotel
|👛 Best budget hotel:
|💑 Best hotel for couples
|Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
BONUS: Best treehouses in Texas
You know me! I love to spoil you, and that is why I want to give you more options; apart from the most unique places to stay in Texas, I want to share with you the best tree houses in Texas! This is your opportunity to fulfill a childhood dream and discover the best treehouse rentals!
I have gathered 6 amazing properties from most expensive to cheapest, and the prices go from US$500 to US$200 per night. Let’s check them out!
1. Spicewood Treehouse
Located in Spicewood, with San Antonio less than a 2 hours drive away and Austin less than an hour’s drive away, this stunning and luxurious treehouse will make you feel like a royal fairy! This property can host up to 15 guests and comes with 4 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, and even hot tubs. The lake views from it are simply gorgeous!
2. Hobbit Treehouse With Waterfall
This absolutely magical stay is perfect for families! It’s pet-friendly as well so you can take the pooch on vacay with you! It’s located in Weatherford, Texas, and boasts a room for kids and 2 other bedrooms with queen size beds. There’s a hot tub AND a grill, so you definitely won’t be bored in this gorgeous treehouse!
3. The Machan Treehouse
Such a romantic property! The decoration and style of this treehouse are simply beautiful! The house is made out of dark wood, and inside, everything has an earthly tone; you will feel like a forest fairy! The treehouse is located in Dripping Springs and comes with a double bed, a private bathroom, and a mini fridge and coffee maker!
4. Grandview Treetops
This hotel located in Grandview offers 3 types of accommodations to its guests, 2 of them are adults-only houses, and the farm fantasy room is family-friendly and can host up to 5 guests. I recommend this property to everyone who would like to spend time in nature hiking or cycling!
5. Skybox Cabins
Located in Glen Rose and with many attractions nearby, for example, a golf course, a big rocks park, and the opportunity to join a tour in the area. I recommend staying at the hive, this treehouse comes with a private bathroom, a kitchen, and a big balcony with furniture overlooking the beautiful woods!
6. Hobbit’s Nest Treehouse
This treehouse, named after the amazing book and later film The Hobbit, is made out of natural materials that will make you feel connected with mother earth! This property can host up to 4 people and comes with everything you need for a cozy time with your loved ones!
BONUS: Best romantic hotels in Texas
Okay, okay! One last bonus for you, my dears! Apart from an exhaustive list of unique places in Texas and the best treehouses in Texas, I have 6 of the best romantic hotels in Texas, so all the love birds can have a wonderful time in the state!
The accommodations’ prices go from US$700 to US$200 per night and will make you and your partner feel like you are in a movie
1. Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
This 5-star hotel feels like a palace! You and your partner will feel like celebrities with all the luxurious amenities this hotel offers. You can enjoy a refreshing swim in the outdoor pool or indulge in a relaxing sauna session. The hotel comes with an onsite bar, restaurant, and room service available to all guests; what better to start the day ordering in-room breakfast?
2. Commodore Perry Estate
Oh my god, stop everything! This place looks like a beautiful French winery state, decorated with the most exquisite style and furniture! I highly recommend the LaVerne suite, the beautiful wallpapers, high-end furniture, and spacious bathroom with the most stunning tiles and soaking tub!
3. The Driskill, in The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
Located in downtown Austin, and with a million restaurants and bars just steps away, this property looks like a proper mansion; the decoration inside is up-scale, luxurious, yet trendy! I suggest couples stay in the suite with a balcony to enhance their romantic getaway experience!
4. The Mansion on 17th, formerly Schaefer Haus
What an incredible hotel, truly stunning! Located in Galveston, it features an amazing modern Victorian-style vibe and comes with a complimentary breakfast which is served each morning. I recommend the king room with a balcony to all couples looking to spend some amazing time in private on their own terrace!
5. Hotel Valencia Riverwalk
This hotel has a really charming old classic vibe going on, it is located in San Antonio, and San Antonio Riverwalk is only a 10-minute walk away. The hotel comes with a fitness center, a spa and wellness center, and an onsite bar and restaurant. Rooms can have a city or river view; which one is more romantic for you?
6. The Kendall
I love this hotel’s style, it is the perfect combination between luxury and natural wonder! Located in Boerne, this hotel comes with a free airport shuttle, a swimming pool, and an onsite bar and restaurant, so you don’t have to go anywhere for a great meal! All the rooms have an amazing style that looks upscale and cozy!
FAQs about unique places to stay in Texas
🦒 Are there any Safari Hotels in Texas?
👪 Which are the best hotels for families in Texas?
💑 Which are the best hotels for couples in Texas?
That is a wrap for today, my lovely humans. Those were the most unique places to stay in Texas, plus 2 amazing bonuses of the best treehouses in Texas and the best romantic hotels in Texas. So many amazing options to choose from for all tastes and budgets!
Honestly, these unique hotels are simply beautiful, and I would be more than happy to stay in any of these cool hotels, but if I had to choose my top 2 favorites, I would go with:
- Commodore Perry Estate – The luxury and the style of this accommodation are simply incredible, you will really feel like a royal!
- Terlingua Mining Ruin – I have no words to describe how dreamy this place looks! It’s not luxurious, but the mountains and the desert views are unbeatable! I want to take a nap on the bed’s porch!
Which of these unique places to stay in Texas was your favorite? Have you stayed in any of these? Let me know in the comments if you have any questions, and right after, go and book the hotel room of your dreams before somebody else does!
Until the next adventure,
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!