Looking for a nice San Antonio nature escape and want a cabin where you can enjoy some privacy with your beloved ones nestled in incredible picturesque surroundings? Well, here is exactly where you’ll find it!
To save you some time, I have already collected the best cabins in San Antonio and divided them by cabin capacity: large, medium, and small with prices changing a lot from a small but luxury cabin to a large but affordable cabin.
Just look directly into a specific section depending on how many people you’ll stay with during your holiday, and when you find the perfect accommodation for you, make sure you book it immediately so you don’t risk losing the spot!
P.S.: If you don’t find availability for your favorite accommodation, you can see more options in the special bonus about the best house rentals with a hot tub in and around San Antonio!
All the cabins listed here have amazing locations with access to great outdoors. Are you ready to explore them all with me?
Then let’s go through them together!
If you are in a hurry
Here’s a quick list of the best cabin rentals in San Antonio, divided by the capacity, so you can book them immediately without reading the whole post:
- River Frontage Cottage – Best large cabin
- Texas Perch Haus – Best medium cabin
- Cozy Cabin Texas Hill Country – Best small cabin
Large Cabins (7 people and up)
- Rustic Canyon Lake Cabin – This spacious log cabin in Canyon Lake hosts up to 12 guests, and is the perfect place if you want to have a relaxing time during your vacation, giving you all the comforts you might need. Here you will wake up enjoying your favorite breakfast on the outdoor back deck, spend the day exploring Texas Hill Country natural landscapes, and end your day chilling in your private hot tub!
- New Spanish Gem – Going to San Antonio with your family and your four-legged friend? Then check out this pet-friendly cabin within walking distance from RiverWalk, one of the top areas to stay in San Antonio! Here you will find facilities for any taste, including 5 rooms for up to 12 guests, a private pool and hot tub, a fire pit, a well-equipped kitchen, a private bathroom with a rainfall shower, and 2 living rooms with a flat-screen TV.
- New 3B Villa with Pool – This luxury villa is perfect for a getaway with your friends or family, featuring 3 cozy bedrooms for up to 10 guests, with air conditioning and comfy beds. Here you can play air hockey and football in the large backyard or board games on the lovely porch and gather around the fire pit at night to stargaze. The perfect place to make great memories with your beloved ones!
- River Frontage Cottage – This cozy cottage for up to 9 guests has a great location on 115 acres close to the San Antonio River, a great place for camping, hiking, or fishing, so it is perfect if you love the outdoors! But this doesn’t mean you won’t relax here. In fact, the property features a big deck where you can just enjoy the fresh breeze and great country views during the day, or stargaze at night… I am sure you will love it!
Medium Cabins (for 5 to 6 people)
- Texas Perch Haus – This cabin for up to 6 guests has a great location just a short drive from Hill country and is a perfect spot to relax surrounded by live oaks and wildlife. Get ready to spot deers, roadrunners, hummingbirds, and raccoons right from your private porch! Here you will wake up with your favorite breakfast cooked in your fully-equipped kitchen, and end your days gazing at beautiful sunsets and star-filled sky at night!
- Brand New Cabin – Located on a 100-acre nature resort, this cabin for up to 6 guests is perfect if you want to just enjoy some peace and disconnect from the outside world. Here you will have access to free kayaks and paddleboards, as well as basketball and volleyball courts on site, perfect for doing some activity during the day and spending the night relaxing in the hot tub, or just sharing some special moments around the fire pit.
- Charming ‘Villa Cardinale Cabin’ in Helotes! – Check out this amazing rustic cabin hosting up to 6 guests, featuring all the comforts of your own home, like a fireplace, a fully-equipped kitchen, and an open living area, perfect for enjoying dinners with your beloved ones. Here you will have easy access to winning, dining, and shopping of Helotes’ Old Town, and the great host is always available to give you tips to explore the surrounding area!
Small Cabins (for up to 4 people)
- Historic Cottage Downtown Riverwalk – This 19th-century romantic cabin features an amazing location, nestled in a private gated garden right in the heart of San Antonio, and across the street from the world-famous Riverwalk! The property hosts 1 bedroom for up to 2 people, so it is perfect for couples, solo travelers, and business travelers, and offers cool facilities like a fully-equipped kitchen and private garden.
- Stoney Porch Guest Cabin – With an amazing location in the Texas Hill Country, this adults-only cabin is perfect for a relaxing getaway with your special one, surrounded by the charming Texas countryside. Here you can just sit on your private porch and enjoy the wonders of nature or around a fire pit to see the stars at night. Always keep your eyes open – you could spot deer and other lovely animals!
- Casitas at Madrona Ranch – Nestled on a hillside overlooking Red Bluff Creek, this waterfront cabin, hosting up to 4 guests, has literally everything you need for a relaxing family getaway, like a private pool and a swing with panoramic views! Here you will have access to outdoor activities such as swimming, hiking, and paddle boating, and also all the shops and attractions of nearby Pipe Creek… you will love it!
- Cozy Cabin in the Texas Hill Country – This cozy cabin, nestled in the beautiful hill country of Boerne, is the ultimate place for relaxation, hosting up to 4 guests. Here you will spend your days relaxing on the front porch swing, watching the sunset or sunrise and spotting the abundant wildlife. And if you are more of an active type of person, you can go floating, tubing, kayaking, or fishing the Guadalupe River, located just nearby.
- Eli’s Pool Cabin – If you are traveling on a budget, this small cabin for up to 2 guests is for you, offering all the amenities for your own comfort at very affordable prices! In fact, here you will have access to a swimming pool, a private fenced yard, and a kitchenette, and you’ll be walking distance from everything you want to do in San Antonio… the perfect place for a short stay!
Find More Hotels in San Antonio
|👨👩👦👦 Large cabins capacity:||7 people and up|
|👨👩👧 Medium cabins capacity:||5 – 6 people|
|🧑🏿🤝🧑🏻 Small cabins capacity:||Up to 4 people|
|🏘️ Best large San Antonio cabin:||River Frontage Cottage|
|🏡 Best medium San Antonio cabin:||Texas Perch Haus|
|🏚️ Best small San Antonio cabin:||Cozy Cabin Texas Hill Country|
BONUS: San Antonio houses with hot tub
We have just seen some amazing cabins for your trip to Texas, but I want to give you some more accommodation options to choose from, so I decided to include this bonus of the best homes for rent with a hot tub in San Antonio, where you can enjoy full relaxation!
These are great alternative options to cabins, offering access to the great outdoors, natural landscapes, and cool attractions in Texas, and at the same time, all the privacy you need to spend some special moments with your beloved ones.
I listed them in descending order from the most expensive to the least, and I included options for large, medium, and small capacity. Let’s check them out together!
1. RiverWalk Pearl Complex
This completely renovated home has an amazing location a few steps from the Riverwalk and hosts up to 10 guests, so it is perfect for families, big groups, or even couples/solo adventurers who want to enjoy a lot of space! Here you can spend the day exploring the restaurants, shops, museums and parks in the surroundings and finish relaxing in the on-site hot tub.
2. Botanical Paradise
Looking for a place to enjoy a relaxing escape with your family or friends? Then check out this little slice of paradise in the heart of San Antonio, featuring 3 bedrooms for up to 8 guests! Here, you will have access to a private pool, a hot tub, and a beautifully landscaped yard where you can enjoy your morning coffee while watching birds, deer, and other wildlife… check it out, you’ll fall in love!
3. Riverwalk/Alamodome Townhome
Check out this beautiful modern townhouse, located at walking distance from the heart of downtown and hosting up to 7 people. Here you will cook your favorite meals in the granite kitchen, share some time with your beloved ones in the separate living area and relax in the hot tub or by the fire pit… perfect for a stay with the family!
4. Romantic Getaway Cottage
If you are looking for a place where to spend a romantic getaway with your special one in San Antonio, stop here! This cozy cottage hosts a large pool with a waterfall and colored nighttime led light – the perfect place to enjoy stargazing at night or some intimate moments with your couple. There is even a Eucalyptus steam room inside the pool cabana bathroom. What else can you ask for?
FAQs about Cabins in San Antonio, Texas
👑 Which are the best cabin rentals in San Antonio, Texas?
The best cabins in San Antonio, Texas, are the Rustic Canyon Lake Cabin, featuring a private hot tub and hosting up to 12 guests, or the Texas Perch Haus, perfect for a beach getaway with the family, hosting up to 5 people.
💑 Which are the best romantic cabins in San Antonio, Texas?
The best cabins for a romantic getaway in San Antonio, Texas, are Historic Cottage Downtown Riverwalk, nestled in a private gated garden right in the heart of San Antonio, or the Romantic Getaway Cottage, hosting a large pool with a waterfall and colored nighttime led light.
👨👩👦👦 Which are the best family cabins near San Antonio, TX?
The best cabins in San Antonio, Texas, for families are the Texas Perch Haus, hosting up to 5 people, perfect for a beach getaway, the pet-friendly New Spanish Gem, for up to 12 guests or Casitas at Madrona Ranch, located close to Pipe Creek, hosting 4 guests.
🚣🏻♀️ Which are the best San Antonio cabins by the river?
The best San Antonio cabins by the river are the Historic Cottage Downtown Riverwalk, located right across the street from the world-famous Riverwalk and hosting up to 2 people, or the pet-friendly New Spanish Gem, a few steps from Riverwalk, offering space for up to 12 guests.
Here we are at the end of this extensive guide about the best cabins in San Antonio! We saw options for any capacity (large, medium, and small) and every kind of traveler. Whether you’re going on a holiday with your friends, family, or couple, there’s the right cabin for you here!
If you still can’t make up your mind about which cabin to choose, check out the 2 options below. These are my 2 absolute favorites in San Antonio:
- River Frontage Cottage – This property hosts up to 9 guests and has a great location on 115 acres close to the San Antonio River, a great place to enjoy the outdoors!
- Texas Perch Haus – This cabin for up to 6 guests has a great location just a short drive from Hill country and is a perfect spot to relax surrounded by live oaks and wildlife
Do you like them as much as I do? Then make sure you book them immediately or at least some months in advance so you don’t risk losing the spot!
And if you have any questions or cabin suggestions for me, please share them in the comments below… I’m looking forward to reading them all.
Have an amazing trip!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!