Are you looking for the best accommodation options in Guadalupe Mountains National Park, located in the amazing Chihuahuan desert? Great! Because I have been researching for hours and hours for the best Guadalupe Mountains National Park Lodging, and I’ve found cool hotels so you can have a fantastic time during your adventure in the wilderness!
The way this post is arranged is by area. First, the accommodations are located near Guadalupe Mountains National Park, and since there wasn’t a lot of 10 out of 10 options, I’ve included hotels in Carlsbad, Van Horn, and El Paso.
This incredible national park is located in West Texas and in close proximity to New Mexico, and it is a super popular destination for people of all ages, so if you want to get the accommodation of your dreams, book your hotel room or campground in advance before everything goes south.
Are you ready to check the best accommodations for Guadalupe Mountain National Park?
Let’s dive in!
If you are in a hurry
I know not everybody has a lot of time to read the whole post; some need to click and book; that is why I’ve gathered the top 3 hotels in this Guadalupe Mountains National Park Lodging:
- Best campground – Pine Springs Campground
- Top hotel in Carlsbad – Comfort Suites Carlsbad
- Best hotel in Van Horn – Hotel El Capitan
I am covering a lot of cities near Guadalupe Mountains National Park, so here is a map of the area so you know where is each hotel and accommodation located:
Near the National Park
- Pine Springs Campground – This campground is located a short distance from the Pine Springs visitor center and comes with portable water, restrooms with flush-toilet, and utility sinks. Something to keep in mind is this campground doesn’t have showers. Here you can stay in RVs or tents, and there is a maximum of 6 people and 2 tents per group.
- Dog Canyon Campground – This campground is great if you are visiting the national park in the summer since its location behind cliff walls protects visitors from the heat and winds. Dog Canyon comes with restrooms with sinks and flush toilets, and room for 4 RV sites and 6 tent sites. You can access some amazing hiking trails from this campground!
- Guadalupe Christian Camp – This camping site is located near Guadalupe National Park and Carlsbad Caverns too! There are spaces for tents and RVs, but if you like, you could stay in the casitas, which come with full bathrooms and even air conditioning! They also offer mobile homes. If you are thinking of traveling with big groups, they offer dormitories for up to 170 guests!
- White’s City Cavern Inn – Located in a great area, only a short walk away from Carlsbad Caverns, and a 30-minute drive to Guadalupe national park, this hotel offers free breakfast to all its guests so that you can head to your hiking adventures with energy. The rooms can host a maximum of 4 guests, and staying in any of these rooms gives you access to the swimming pools!
Carlsbad is only 56 miles (90 km) and around 1 hour away drive from Guadalupe Mountains National Park, and home of Carlsbad Caverns, making it a perfect city to stay in if you’re looking to hike in Guadalupe National Park.
- Hyatt House Carlsbad – What a great modern hotel to have a pleasant time when you are not in nature! This hotel comes with a swimming pool located on the terrace, another terrace with a fireplace and a seating area, and onsite restaurants. Literally amazing amenities to relax after spending time in the wilderness! Their biggest rooms can host 4 guests, and some of them even come with a kitchen!
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carlsbad, an IHG Hotel – Imagine having a nice hot tub session after spending all day long walking in the woods. Sounds amazing, right? Staying at this hotel gives you access to the indoor hot tub and the swimming pool, and breakfast is served every morning to all guests. Rooms like the studio suite with 2 queen beds can host 6 guests and comes with a wet bar!
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Carlsbad – How about having a spa day before a long day, walking long trails amongst tall trees? Start the day with a complimentary breakfast, then head to the fitness center to ensure you are 10 points for your hikes. Right after, relax by the outdoor swimming pool and hot tub! Now you are ready for an adventure! This hotel’s biggest rooms can host 6 guests!
- Comfort Suites Carlsbad – This family-friendly hotel is perfect for your Guadalupe Mountain National Park trip, you could also stop by and explore Mckittrick Canyon on your way there! This hotel comes with an outdoor swimming pool, laundry facilities (useful, right?), and free breakfast. I recommend booking any of their queen suites, these rooms can host up to 5 guests.
- MainStay Suites – Wow, this hotel is super nice! Apart from the stylish and simple decor, this hotel comes with a lovely sun terrace with a space dedicated to games and a fireplace with furniture! This accommodation has a snack bar and laundry facilities. The queen suite can host 4 guests and comes with a private kitchen!
- Karbani Inn – This rustic little hotel offers guests queen rooms for 2 guests that come with a bathroom, a flat-screen TV, a microwave, and a minifridge. The accommodation’s facilities offer a shared kitchen, a playground for kids, a sun terrace, and a barbeque area with grills available to guests!
Another great city near Guadalupe Mountain National Park is Van Horn, located northeast at 90 miles (145 km) away. Aside from its proximity to the park, it is a great city to travel to enjoy, and learn from Old West History!
- Hotel El Capitan – Oh la la! What a style! How luxurious! This hotel has amazing decor, beautiful tiles covering the common areas of the hotel, together with wooden and vintage furniture! The hotel offers free parking and has an onsite restaurant serving American food, and breakfast is served every morning. Their double room hosts 4 guests and has a bathtub.
- Hampton Inn Van Horn – This homey little hotel is perfect for your great outdoor adventure! It features an indoor pool and jacuzzi, free Wi-Fi, a fitness center, and complimentary parking, which is great if you are traveling by car! All the rooms come with a coffee station and a minifridge, their biggest rooms have space for 4 people.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites – Van Horn, an IHG Hotel – What a great hotel to stay the night when visiting Guadalupe Mountain National Park! Its amazing facilities will allow you to relax however you choose, at the outdoor swimming pool, the jacuzzi, or maybe the fitness center! Their suite comes with 2 large double beds and a sofa bed, perfect to accommodate groups of 6.
- Desert Inn – This modest and rustic hotel features phenomenal views of the mountains; imagine waking up and seeing the sun rising behind them! This accommodation offers 24-hour front desk service, which is super helpful in case you need help with anything before setting off on your hike, and it has free parking available for guests! All rooms come with a private bathroom!
El Paso, TX
El Paso is an amazing city. It’s known for its art scene, amazing culture, and fabulous natural landscapes: desert and mountains! El Paso is located around 2 hours away from Guadalupe Mountain National Park and has amazing accommodation options!
- Hotel Paso Del Norte, Autograph Collection – Oh my god! Check out this amazing hotel! How stylish and luxurious, with amazing elegant marble floors and columns! This hotel features a swimming pool and has an onsite bar and restaurant. And breakfast is served daily. It has plenty of rooms, all with a fantastic style, and amazing views of the city!
- Stanton House El Paso – Pamper yourself after a long day in nature while staying at this fashionable hotel! It comes with a top-class restaurant focused on Mexican and French cuisine, and it can accommodate vegans and vegetarians. Have a spa session at their wellness center, and after that, head to your comfy room. All rooms are elegant and come with high-end furniture!
- The Plaza Hotel Pioneer Park – I am obsessed with this hotel! Omg! What an amazing modern hotel with touches of art deco, truly stunning! Just as stunning as the fabulous views of the mountains you can enjoy on their stylish roof terrace! All the rooms come with a distinguished design, and you can choose between city views and mountain views.
- Candlewood Suites El Paso, an IHG Hotel – This cute little hotel is a super convenient accommodation for your visit to the National Park. The hotel comes with everything you could possibly need for your stay: a 24-hour service desk, a fitness center, and BBQ facilities to enjoy a meal outdoors. All the rooms come with a fully equipped kitchen and the biggest one has room for 5 guests.
- Best Western Anthony/West El Paso – What if I told you that select rooms at this hotel come with a private spa bath? Fantastic, right?! Besides that, the rooms come with air conditioning and a flat-screen TV! The hotel looks super cozy and inviting, it comes with a swimming pool and free parking, and they serve a buffet breakfast every morning!
- Americas Hotel – El Paso Airport/Medical Center – This hotel looks super neat and classic! The staff will make you feel right at home and will help you with anything you need. The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast to all their guests each morning, which is great for those on a budget. They offer 2 types of rooms, one for 2 guests and the other one for 4 guests tops.
|🏕️ Best campground:||Pine Springs Campground|
|⛰️ Best hotel in Carlsbad:||Comfort Suites Carlsbad|
|🌇 Best hotel in Van Horn:||Hotel El Capitan|
|🏜️ Best hotel in El Paso:||Stanton House El Paso|
FAQs about Guadalupe Mountains National Park Lodging
🏞️ Is there any lodging inside Guadalupe Mountain National Park?
🌄 Which is the nearest town to Guadalupe Mountain National Park?
🌵 Are there any cabins in Guadalupe Mountain National Park?
There aren’t any cabins inside the National Park, but Guadalupe Christian Camp offers cabins super near to the park!
🏨 Are there any hotels in Guadalupe Mountain National Park?
The closest hotel to Guadalupe Mountain National Park is White’s City Cavern Inn. It is located only a 30-minute drive from the hotel!
That is all! It’s a wrap for Guadalupe Mountain National Park Lodging! I’ve covered a varied range of hotels very near the National Park and some in its proximity! Spending time outdoors is super wholesome and enriching, so I am happy you are doing this trip!
It is so hard to choose the best hotels in these posts, all of them are amazing options, but I have to name my absolute 2 favorites, I would go with:
- The Plaza Hotel Pioneer Park – I love the style and the decor of this hotel, and it’s a great option to visit the National Park and enjoy El Paso at the same time!
- Hyatt House Carlsbad – Super modern hotel, only 1 hour away from the National Park, with cool amenities like a swimming pool and free breakfast.
Don’t forget to book your accommodation as soon as you make a decision! These are super popular ones, and they get booked fast!
Which of the hotels and campgrounds mentioned here are your favorite? Have you ever stayed in any of these? Let me know in the comments!
Until the next one,
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!