Ola everyone! Looking for a super detailed guide on the best places to stay in Marfa, West Texas? Then stick around as I’m about to divulge all the secrets of this not-so-famous location!
In this post, you’ll find the top Marfa hotels and camping sites, which I hand-picked for you and listed from most to least expensive so you can quickly browse through the list!
NOTE: As you’ll notice, there are 3 other towns with hotels in this post; Alpine, Fort Davis, and Fort Stockton. Although we love that Marfa is a small town, this means that there are only a couple of excellent accommodations.
I’ve added all the good ones and even some that have a lower score or not so many reviews. Normally I wouldn’t give these options but since we’re super limited I wanted you to have all the options for your future trips.
Luckily the other towns are super close and they’ve got a wider range of places to stay from safari tents to apartment rooms.
But if you’ve got your heart set on Marfa, book the hotel the minute you find your favorite. Because as you can see there are a few options, and yes, they’ll go fast!
Let’s go cowboys!
If you are in a hurry
We’re all as busy as bees these days so if you can’t go through the whole post, just check out the shortlist below. It has the top accommodations in Marfa, TX:
Hotel Saint George
Best luxury hotel
An Airbnb with amazing reviews
Best value for money
Best affordable accommodation
If all the information is a bit confusing and you can’t visualize all the areas, check out the map below, it has all the towns that I’ll mention in the post:
Ready for some super fun trips to good old West Texas? Marfa is an amazing place not too far from Big Bend National Park but pretty small and sometimes it can feel like a ghost town (especially when the restaurants are closed).
As I mentioned above there are only a handful of excellent accommodations in this town, and you’ll find all of them below. You’ll see some of them have no reviews, and one has a lower score than we’d normally recommend but since these are the only options here, I thought you should know about them.
Luxury (US$300 and up)
- Ranch Water Guest House – Looking for a comfortable stay in Marfa? Then you’ll love this place that’s located within walking distance of Downtown Marfa and just a short drive away from Big Bend National Park. The accommodation can fit up to 5 guests and it’s equipped with all the amenities you need, including a kitchen, air-conditioning and free wi-fi, plus a lovely fireplace!
- Sunset Home – Looking for the perfect sight while visiting the town? Then quickly book this house that offers stunning views, and has a central location near Downtown Marfa! This place can fit up to 6 guests and it has a lovely garden. Plus that homie atmosphere! With lots of patios, balconies and a kitchen where you prepare your favorite meals this family-friendly place is the perfect spot for your road trip to Marfa!
- Hotel Saint George – If you want to stay at a hotel in Marfa, Texas then I recommend booking it right now because they will sell out immediately! This one is located in the Downtown area, on Highland Ave. near all the restaurants and a short drive away from Marfa Lights. All the rooms are super modern and they have free wi-fi. The hotel also features an outdoor swimming pool, with a bar and a hot tub.
- Cozy House – Planning the perfect getaway to Marfa, Texas? Then check out this amazing townhouse that has room for 6 guests, a great location near the Downtown area, and a backyard where you can admire the night sky! The accommodation is well-equipped, and it comes with a kitchen and a parking space.
Medium (US$200 – US$300)
- The Lincoln Marfa – This apartment is set only a short drive away from Marfa Lights and within walking distance of Downtown Marfa. But it’s not only the location that makes it so great. The apartment is super comfortable and it has room for 2 guests. Each place at Lincoln Marfa has a small kitchen with coffee makers, rooms with balconies and free wi-fi.
- Stylish Home – You’ll love the decor of this place! Every element is so original and the ambiance is so pleasant that you won’t want to leave the town. The studio has room for only 2 guests, and it features a cool indoor fireplace where you can relax at night after visiting the Presidio County Courthouse and the Marfa Lights.
- Spacious House – Home sweet home! That’s the feeling that this house gives off. The accommodation is located in central Marfa, West Texas so you can easily visit all the attractions and eat at the many restaurants in town. It has a simple yet chic decor, with room for 3 guests. This place has all the facilities you’ll need for your stay in Marfa plus a nice porch where you can relax!
- La Casita Azul Marfa – Looking for a place where you can relax? This blue house offers a quiet location and it has such cute decor. Soft colors, simple furniture, just the way I like it! With two bedrooms, a kitchen, free wifi and a porch where you can enjoy your morning coffee and sit in the hammock, this accommodation can’t be missed!
- Thunderbird Hotel – This boutique hotel on San Antonio St. is so cool you’ll never want to leave! The dog-friendly accommodation has such a unique design, minimalistic but with a touch of Texas. It features an outdoor pool which you can use especially during those hot days, and a garden where you can hide away from the sun.
- Hotel Paisano – Enjoy your stay in Marfa, Texas at one of the most popular hotels in town that hosted the cast of the movie Giant, including Elizabeth Taylor and James Dean! The accommodation has lovely rooms, named after these famous actors, a cool gift shop from where you can buy souvenirs and an on-site restaurant.
Budget (up to US$150)
- Riata Inn – Marfa – I’ve found a great affordable hotel in Marfa, Texas! Although Riata Inn has a lower score than I’d normally recommend, I wanted you to have all the options. Most people say that the motel is clean and spacious although it looks a bit off when you spot it on the street. The dog-friendly motel has family rooms, and although they don’t offer dining options you’ll find many restaurants just a short walk away.
- El Cosmico – Camping spaces, yurts, tents, you name it! This place in Marfa, Texas beats so many hotels! Why? Well it’s super unique and it offers one-of-a king accommodations. Depending on which one you pick you’ll have access to an outdoor kitchen, bath houses, and hammock groves.
As I mentioned, Marfa is a small town (and sometimes it can feel like a ghost town) and there are only a handful of hotels with great reviews. More reason to book your favorite in advance. But since it’s close to other towns that offer more accommodations I decided to list them here for anyone who can’t find a place to stay in Marfa anymore or who wants a broader range of hotels.
Alpine is set only a 20 min drive away from Marfa, Texas and it’s a great place for families, as it has some kid-friendly attractions, so let’s check out the best hotels here:
Luxury (US$300 and up)
- El Viejo Adobe – An amazing bed and breakfast set 2h away from Big Bend National Park, that’s beautifully decorated and has family rooms. The accommodation has a cool decor and it offers free parking and wifi. When you’re not out exploring the town you can enjoy a relaxing afternoon in the garden!
- Alpine Bed and Breakfast – Enjoy a nice evening and a glass of wine by the fire pit at this bed and breakfast in Alpine that offers a free breakfast! The eco-friendly accommodation has a great location in the town’s historic district and it features a picnic area and rooms with a private bathroom.
Medium (US$200 – US$300)
- Hampton Inn Alpine – If you’re looking for a place that has the perfect combination of facilities then I’d recommend this one. What I mean by this is that you’ll find a pool here, a fitness center, a business center and super spacious rooms with a private bathroom. Each morning you’ll get some pastries and coffee of course but there are also other restaurants nearby if you’re looking for something else.
- Beach House in Alpine – Perfect for families or groups of friends, this house comes with a lot of space! The accommodation has lots of restaurants nearby but also a kitchen in case you want to cook for yourself. Full of light, and with a stylish decor this home is ready to welcome you in its arms!
- Hotel Parker at Quarter Circle 7 – Who’s a fan of the famous Texas desert landscape? Well, stop your search because I’ve found an awesome place that offers that. This accommodation comes with an indoor pool, family rooms and spa services. A back massage and a glass of wine by the fireplace will do you wonders after a day of visiting attractions.
- Holiday Inn Express – This place is located next to the highway so you can easily get in the car and start your road trip to Marfa, Texas or Big Bend National Park. It also has super comfortable rooms, a swimming pool and barbecue facilities. Guests can use the picnic area wherever they want!
Budget (up to US$150)
- The Holland Hotel – Traveling on a budget doesn’t mean you’ll stay in ugly hotels, and this one is the proof! Offering a super elegant decor, spacious rooms and a lovely indoor courtyard, this accommodation may win the prize for the best affordable hotel! And I didn’t even say anything about the spa services, they’ve got that as well!
- Antelope Lodge – Nature lovers, I know better than anyone that you want to spend as much time outdoors as possible! Check out this cool lodge in Alpine, it has a big garden filled with trees, spacious rooms and barbecue facilities. Plus a quaint gift shop where you can buy the best souvenirs!
3. Fort Davis
I’m here to offer solutions that will be convenient for all my readers! So if Alpine doesn’t seem like your kind of place, I’ve got something else near Marfa. Fort Davis is located only a 20 min drive north of Marfa, and 3h away from El Paso town, and it has a few hotels that I think you’ll like.
Most of them are super affordable so if you’re planning this trip on a budget then have a look:
Medium (US$200 – US$300)
- Davis Mountains Inn – I love Texas inns, they’re super cozy and give off this oldish vibe that I like so much! This one looks great and its rooms have free wifi and mountain views. So you can wake-up to the perfect view every morning and head downstairs to drink a yummy coffee!
- Butterfield Inn – Fancy your own little cottage? Make this trip unforgettable and book yourself a cottage for the night at this Fort Davis inn. Most of them come with a fireplace, a bathroom and room for 4 people. There are no dining options on-site but you’ll find many restaurants just a short walk away.
Budget (up to US$150)
- Limpia Hotel – Set in central Fort Davis, this hotel offers an elegant American decor. It offers a restaurant on-site and guests are also welcome to use the outdoor seasonal pool plus the other facilities like the games room. If you get tired of the indoors don’t worry, there are many hiking places nearby and you even join biking and walking tours.
- Fort Davis Inn & R.V. Park – Who’s a fan of camping around here? Well, if you’re planning to bring your RV during this trip then check out this accommodation. It offers RV spots, but also rooms with private bathrooms. Start your morning with a yummy (free) breakfast and get ready to explore Fort Davis.
4. Fort Stockton
This town is located a bit further away from Marfa so if you’ve only got a limited time to visit then I’d recommend going for the other 2 towns that I mentioned above. Fort Stockton is 1h and 30 min away from Marfa, and 2h away from Big Bend National Park and it’s an awesome place to visit for history buffs.
If it sounds like your kind of place then let’s search for the best hotels here:
Medium (US$150 – US$300)
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott – This city hotel has a swimming pool and offers free bikes! Sounds like something you’d like? Then know that the rooms are also super comfortable and equipped with a flat-screen TV, a private bathroom and free wifi. After a day of exercise, relax in the hot tub and enjoy a meal at the restaurant on-site.
- Hampton Inn – Ready for some sunny days by the outdoor pool soaking in that Texas sun? I thought so! Then check out this hotel which has a large outdoor pool and a hot tub! Set not too far from the airport, the accommodation features air conditioned rooms with cherry wood furniture and a private bathroom.
Budget (up to US$150)
- La Quinta Inn & Suites – With a modern and simple decor this city hotel has family rooms and a fitness center. During the day you must visit all the attractions in Fort Stockton but at night you should definitely hang out by their outdoor pool and stargaze, there’s nothing like it!
- Comfort Suites – This city has lots of fun attractions and this hotel is set not too far from them! If you want a super comfortable place to stay then book a room here. All of them have free wifi and air-conditioning. Every morning they offer a free breakfast and then you can hit the gym if you want or chill in the hot tub. Don’t forget that Big Bend National Park is only a 2h drive away!
|👑 Luxury price:||$300|
|🏨 Mid Range:||$200|
|💰 Accommodation prices:||Medium|
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:||Hotel Saint George|
|🧳 Best mid-range hotel:||Hotel Paisano|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||El Cosmico|
|🏠 Top VRBO:||Ranch Water Guest House|
FAQs about hotels in Marfa, TX
🏨 Which are the best hotels in Marfa, TX?
🏕️ Are there camping places in Marfa, TX?
Yes, there are many camping places in Marfa, TX. You can find tent camping at El Cosmico, Davis Mountains State Park, and Tumble In Marfa RV Park.
💰 What’s the best place to stay in Marfa on a budget?
El Cosmico is one of the best places to stay on a budget in Marfa. The accommodation offers different camping spaces that look amazing!
🤔 Where can I stay near Marfa, TX?
You can stay in cities like Alpine, Fort Davis or Fort Stockton. These towns are not too far from Marfa and you can find many great hotels here like El Viejo Adobe.
Well, we’ve reached the end of our virtual trip around Marfa, Texas! I love to plan trips all around the world and I hope this post helped you decide which city to visit first.
Now I think it’s time for a short recap!
This post has the best places to stay in Marfa, TX which I listed from most to least expensive. As I mentioned above, I also added 3 more towns with hotels since the list of Marfa hotels is super short.
If you need some help deciding which one to pick then check out my 2 favorite hotels below, both located in Marfa, Texas:
- Hotel Saint George – This hotel is set a short drive away from the mysterious Marfa lights and it has a restaurant, a seasonal outdoor pool, and a bar
- Hotel Paisano – This historic hotel had lots of famous guests like Elizabeth Taylor! Now you can still admire the original decors and shop all day in their gift shop
It’s super important to book your Marfa hotels in advance if you want to get one with good reviews. There are only a handful of accommodations and they will sell out fast.
It was so fun to discover yet another amazing destination in the world with you! If you’ve got any questions on the city hotels or on visiting Big Bend National Park just pop a comment below and I’ll answer ASAP!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!