1. Jardin des Plantes de Nantes
2. Les Machines de l’ile de Nantes
The museums of “robots” of the city of Nantes. Please, PLEASE go there!
Where else can you see a huge robot elephant walking around in the city and even spraying water! You can even ride it if you want!
Here is a video from my Facebook page so you can make a better idea:
Did you ever see something like that? I saw it alive and moving, OMG!:)Head to my blog www.misstourist.com to know where and how to see this mechanic beauty! #nantes #robots #wowPosted by Miss Tourist on Thursday, November 27, 2014
3. Chateau des Ducs de Bretagne
RELATED READ: Going to Bordeaux too? Here are 10 things to do in Bordeaux, France – The ultimate guide!
4. Tour Bretagne
5. Le lieu unique
6. La Villa Ocupada
La Villa Ocupada – vast ephemeral exhibition space with a free entrance (I just love this free stuff in Nantes!). Roughly twenty artists from all over the world took over the building and created installations, drawings from floor to ceiling to express their social and political aspirations. I totally recommend to check out La Villa Ocupada!
I would also advice you to take bikes, which are called Bicloo. The most convenient way of transportation in my opinion. It is a self’-service bicycle network with almost 80 stations all around the city. You pay 1 euro per day for the subscription, you can use your bike for the first 30 mins for free. So, considering the fact that the city is tiny, you definitely get from one place to another in 30 mins. Then you just park your bike, and, when finished with the place, you can take another bike (or even the same one) for another 30 mins for free. That is how I paid 1 euro using the bike all day long! 🙂
A good choice for Nantes would be to buy the Nantes City Card Pass. Visit the chateaux, spend time in the gardens, and explore museums and cultural attractions all with your Nantes City Card Pass for 1,2 or 3 days!
Where to stay in Nantes, France
There are many options depending on your budget:
- Luxury stay – Okko Hotels Nantes Château (great location and modern décor of the room will make you want stay in Nantes longer), Oceania l’Hôtel de France Nantes (a 2-minute walk from the Place Royale. Spacious rooms, the interior is designed in a contemporary style);
- Great value for money hotels – Au pei de Naunnt (offers self-catering accommodation with a terrace and a garden. Free parking is available!)
- Budget stay – Campanile Nantes Centre – Saint Jacques (a great hotel with hospitable staff, can be cheap if you catch a promo).
Want to discover some other parts of France as well? Here is my article about 7 Best things to do in Saint-Tropez!
Thank you for reading this article, I hope it helped you to decide what to do while in Nantes, France. It is truly one-of-a-kind! 🙂
Have you been to Nantes?
If you liked this article, please, share!
- 6 Places In Paris With The Longest Queues, And How To Avoid Them
- Cheap Tickets To Disneyland, Paris – How To Save At Least 20€ Per Person
- Things To Do In Bordeaux – The Ultimate Guide
- A Weekend In Saint-Tropez: 5 Things To Do
Pin it for later!