Being one of the top research universities in the whole of the USA, it’s no wonder why so many people are looking to stay near Georgia Tech (Georgia Institute of Technology) in Atlanta, GA.
That’s where I come! To help you choose the most suitable option for you, I researched through the top booking websites and compiled a list of the best hotels near Georgia Tech.
All the hotels have great locations close to the university either in Midtown Georgia, where the campus is located or in the nearby Downtown Georgia. I divided them by price range to help you quickly find the best option!
Check them out and make sure you book them some months in advance… There is always something happening here!
If you are in a hurry
If you don’t have much time to read all the article, I gathered here a quick list of the best hotels near Georgia Tech University, with great reviews and locations:
- Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta – Best luxury hotel
- Hotel Indigo Atlanta Downtown – Best value for money
- Canopy By Hilton Atlanta Midtown – Best affordable accommodation in the center
Check out this map to help you visualize where all the great hotels near Georgia Tech University described in the post are located:
Luxury Hotels near Georgia Tech (US$300 and up)
- Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta – Located in Midtown Atlanta, this 5-star luxurious hotel offers a convenient location just near the train station (from where you can reach Georgia Tech in half an hour). And if you want to explore the city, the nearby attractions include the World of Coca Cola and the Centennial Park. In this midtown hotel, you will have access to free shuttle service and guest rooms with free Wi-Fi and room service.
- Stonehurst Place Bed & Breakfast – Located in Atlanta midtown, just a 20-minute walk from the GT campus, this historic bed, and breakfast offers free wifi and luxurious and exceptional service. Here you will start your day with an incredible gourmet breakfast served every morning, which according to guest reviews is one of the best things about this place! Last but not least, the Atlantic station is just nearby!
- Bellyard, West Midtown Atlanta – If you want to be close to Georgia Tech University, this great hotel is what you’re looking for! Conveniently located just a 30 minutes walk from the GT campus, this west Midtown hotel features non-smoking rooms with great design and decor! If you stay here, take advantage of the nearby attractions, like the Fox Theatre, the CNN Center – Studio Tour, and the Bobby Dodd Stadium!
- Loews Atlanta Hotel – Another amazing luxurious hotel conveniently located in the famous Peachtree St NW (in downtown Atlanta), only a 5-minute drive from the Georgia Institute of Technology. This downtown hotel will surprise you with spacious rooms featuring bathrobes, a coffee maker, and a minibar… all you need for a comfy stay! The hotel is particularly suitable for business travelers, offering a full-service business center.
Mid Range (US$180 – US$250)
- Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center – This state-of-the-art hotel and conference center is ideally situated in the heart of Atlanta’s Technology Center Complex, and close to some of Atlanta, GA’s main points of interest, like the World of Coca-Cola. This Atlanta Midtown hotel offers deluxe accommodations, modern amenities, and exceptional service… all within walking distance of Georgia Tech University and at affordable prices!
- Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection – Centrally located in downtown Atlanta, this hotel is within walking distance of the famous Georgia Aquarium and a 20-minute drive from the Georgia Tech University. Here you can have a drink at the Rooftop Sky Lounge while you enjoy the most spectacular views of the city skyline or have the best dinners at the on-site restaurant. You will also love the spacious rooms, with iPod docking stations and free wifi.
- Hyatt Centric Midtown Atlanta – This boutique hotel offers great value for price and an even better location in midtown Atlanta, just a 20-minute walk from GT University. The position of the hotel is just perfect to explore the city’s main attractions, like the Georgia Aquarium or the Centennial Olympic Park. But the hotel itself has a lot to offer: a restaurant, an on-site bar, a shared lounge, and an indoor pool where you can relax!
- The Candler Hotel Atlanta – Located right in the middle of Downtown Atlanta (and a 20-minute ride from Georgia Tech University), this nice hotel has everything you might need for a comfy stay. Check out the amazing restaurant where you can have delicious dinners, and the fitness center to burn the calories eaten! Around this downtown Atlanta hotel, you’ll also find some cool points of interest like the College Football Hall of Fame.
- Hotel Indigo Atlanta Downtown – This downtown hotel is located right on the central Peachtree St NW, and a few steps from Peachtree Center Marta Station, great to reach the Georgia Tech University in a 30 minutes train ride! The rooms of this IHG hotel feature modern design, free wifi, and access to a fitness center during your stay. According to guest reviews, this is one of the best parts of staying in Atlanta, GA!
Budget (up to US$180)
- Element Atlanta Midtown – Element Atlanta Midtown is the perfect hotel to stay on a budget in Atlanta, GA while also having access to great facilities. This Georgia Tech hotel is located only a 20-minute walk from the Georgia Tech University and even less to the Tech Square, a neighborhood popular for hosting many start-ups. From this hotel, you’ll be able to enjoy cool activities in and around Atlanta, like cycling and hiking!
- Canopy By Hilton Atlanta Midtown – Canopy By Hilton Atlanta, located in Midtown Atlanta, GA, will welcome you with the southern hospitality and all the comforts of a real home! Here you’ll find family rooms with air conditioning, free wifi, and access to a delicious American breakfast in the morning. The location of the hotel is also great, set in a very tranquil area just a 30-minute walk from Georgia Tech University.
- Wylie Hotel – Check out another great option if you want to save some money during your stay in Atlanta, GA. The hotel location is not really central, but it permits you to reach both downtown Atlanta and GaTech University in a 30-minute train drive. The guests at the hotel particularly love the lovely staff and the clean rooms, with access to a restaurant, a fitness center, a bar, and a delicious American breakfast!
- Hyatt Place Atlanta Centennial Park – Find the best value for money in this Downtown hotel, located a 20-minute walk to Georgia Tech University. The rooms in the hotel are large and comfy, perfect to have some relaxing time after a day of visiting the city, and they even have a beautiful view of downtown Atlanta, GA. This accommodation is perfect both for a family vacation or a business stay, offering a business center on-site!
- Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta-Midtown, Ga – Hampton Inn & Suites is the ultimate Georgia tech hotel if you want to stay on a budget in Atlanta, GA! The property offers all the facilities you might need during your stay, including a fitness center, a bar, and a terrace with spectacular city views (which you can have even from your room). The location is also great, right in Midtown Atlanta, GA, a 30 minutes walk to GaTech University.
|👑 Luxury price:
|💵 Mid Range:
|💰 Accommodation prices:
|📅 How many days:
|🌇 Closest to Georgia Tech:
|Stonehurst Place Bed & Breakfast
|🖥️ With conference center:
|Georgia Tech Hotel
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:
|Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta
|🧳 Best mid-range hotel:
|Hotel Indigo Atlanta
|👛 Best budget hotel:
|Canopy By Hilton
Frequently asked questions about hotels near Georgia Tech
🧳 Which are the best hotels near Georgia Tech University, in Atlanta, GA?
📍 Is Georgia Tech in Atlanta Midtown or Downtown?
The Georgia Tech campus is located in Midtown Atlanta, GA, an area slightly north of downtown Atlanta.
💵 Which are the cheapest hotels near GaTech Atlanta, GA?
👪 Which are the best hotels near Georgia Tech University for families?
🕵️♀️ Is Georgia Tech in a safe neighborhood?
Yes, Georgia Tech University campus is located in a secure and protected area in the city of Atlanta, looked out by the Georgia Tech Police Department 24 hours a day.
Congrats! You reached the end of this extensive guide to the best hotels near Georgia Tech, one of the top research universities in the US, located in Atlanta, GA!
We went through many options with different prices and locations, either right by the campus or more centrally located downtown.. But all at walking distance to Georgia Tech University or at a short train ride!
By now, you should know which hotel suits your travel needs… If not, let me give you extra help with my 2 absolute favorites hotels, featuring a great location and even better reviews:
- Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta – Located in Midtown Atlanta, this 5-star luxurious hotel offers a convenient location and all the comforts you need!
- Glenn Hotel, Autograph Collection – Centrally located in the heart of Atlanta, GA, this downtown hotel is a 20-minute drive from Georgia Tech University.
I hope this article will help you find the best accommodation for your stay in Atlanta, GA, but if you still have any questions or doubts, please leave them in the comments below… I will answer you as fast as possible!
Also, I will repeat myself, don’t forget to book your favorite hotel as soon as you can… you don’t wanna miss your perfect spot!
Have an amazing time!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!