Taipei, the capital city of Taiwan (an island in the South-East of China) is an amazing old city that has everything to offer for all types of travelers from culture, history, art, gastronomy (did anyone say dumplings and soup?!), modern buildings, old temples so I can imagine you are already thinking where to stay in Taipei!
There are so many different areas and districts in the city, that choosing the best one for you will definitely be a big challenge. But I’m happy to tell you that all your prayers have been answered because I’m here to help you find the best places to stay in the city!
In this post, I’ll be talking about the best 7 areas to where stay in Taipei, together with my hand-picked hotel recommendations in each of them, for all types of preferences and budgets!
The best area to stay in Taipei for first-time visitors is Zhongzheng. Here you will be in the middle of the action at all times and within walking distance of all the important attractions, landmarks, and activities in the city. Plus, it’s the type of area fit for all types of travelers out there, from families to couples and backpackers as well.
But in this post I will also talk about Xiny and Taipei 101, Datong, Wanhua and Ximending, Da’an, and Songshan; each with its own charm whether you are looking for the best place for families, luxury, on a budget, for shopping, for foodies and even for business people!
So I recommend booking your favorite hotel as soon as you find it because there are many people looking at the same destination as you and I don’t want you to miss out
Enough blah blah blah, let’s get right to business. Are you ready? Let’s go!
- If you’re in a hurry…
- 1. Zhongzheng – where to stay in Taipei for the first time
- 2. Xinyi District / Taipei 101- where to stay for luxury
- 3. Zhongshan – where to stay in Taipei with a family
- 4. Datong – where to stay in Taipei on a budget
- 5. Wanhua / Ximending – top shopping district in Taipei
- 6. Da’an – where to stay in Taipei for foodies
- 7. Songshan – where to stay in Taipei for business
- BONUS 1: Best apartments in Taipei
- BONUS 2: Best hotels near the Taipei airports
- FAQs about Taipei hotels
If you’re in a hurry…
Can’t wait to just pack your bags and visit Taipei? I understand, so if you don’t have time to read all the post, here are the best hotels in the city:
- Best luxury hotel: Hua Shan Din
- Best middle-priced hotel: Via Hotel Taipei Station
- Best budget hotel: Taiwan Youth Hostel
Which area should you choose?
First of all, here is a Taipei map with all the districts I’ll be talking about in this article, so you can better visualize them:
Okay, but how can you choose the right one for YOU? From the upscale Xinyi to the lively Zhongshan, there’s something for everyone in Taipei!
There are 12 different Taipei districts, but below I have selected the 7 best ones that are relevant and interesting for travelers, especially for those visiting the city for the first time.
- Top area for first timers: Zhongzheng
- Where to stay in Taipei for luxury: Xinyi / Taipei 101
- Where to stay in Taipei for families: Zhongshan
- Best area to stay in Taipei for budget travelers: Datong
- Where to stay in Taipei for shopping: Wanhua and Ximending
- Where to stay in Taipei for foodies: Da’an
- Top neighborhood for business travelers: Songshan
Now that you understand a bit better how this city is organized, let me tell you everything you need to know about the 7 best neighborhoods in Taipei.
1. Zhongzheng – where to stay in Taipei for the first time
Zhongzheng is the best area to stay in Taipei city for people visiting for the first time in case you want to be in the middle of it all and have tons of photo opportunities!
Zhongzheng District is considered the heart and soul of the city and the best spot for exploring the capital, especially if you’re interested in culture and history.
This district is right on the banks of Tamsui River, and some of the highlights here include Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall (make sure you don’t miss the changing of the guards here and visit the gardens as well!) located right in Liberty Square, Taipei Botanical Garden, Nanjichang Night Market, the National Concert Hall, Kai Shek Memorial Hall, 2/28 Peace Park and Huashan 1914 Creative Park, among others.
In terms of accommodation, you can find everything your heart desires in Zhongzheng, from luxurious 5-star hotels to hostels and guest houses perfect for backpackers.
PRO TIP: One of the best spots to stay in the entire Zhongzheng is close to Taipei Main Station, as this is the main transportation hub in the entire city.
You’ll be within walking distance to all the essential attractions in the center while also being very well connected to all the other areas and districts in Taipei; also convenient if you want to do some day trips (maybe to some hot springs like Beitou Hot Spring Park, Yangmingshan National Park or the Elephant Mountain?) or go outside of Taipei.
If you feel like this is the right area for your stay, here are the best hotels I have selected for you:
Luxury (US$150 and up)
- Taipei Garden Hotel – Are you wondering where to stay in Taipei City in one of the best luxury hotels? This is one of the best hotels in Taipei where you can book your room! This luxury hotel awaits with an on-site fitness center, a spa and wellness center, an on-site restaurant, and more! The location is another plus, super close to Taipei Main station!
- Hua Shan Din by Cosmos Creation – Here’s another excellent luxury hotel if you want to discover the city and be close to Taipei Main Station, 2/28 Peace Park, and plenty of night markets as well!
Middle-priced (US$100 – US$150)
- Cosmos Hotel Taipei – Are you looking for a great mid-range hotel that’s located right in the heart of this district, very close to Chiang Kai-shek Memorial and 2/28 Peace Park as well? Well, you just found a very good choice! This one has a 4-star service and plenty of excellent facilities and amenities.
- Via Hotel Taipei Station – This is another great middle-priced option for this beautiful area, located very close to tons of night market options and other exciting sights like the National Taiwan Museum, and activities. One of the best things about this place is that it’s only 10 minutes on foot from Taipei’s main station!
Budget (up to US$100)
- Taiwan Youth Hostel & Capsule Hotel – Are you wondering where to stay on a budget in this superb district, while also being within walking distance to Taipei Main Station? No worries, I have a solution for you! Besides a great location, this hostel also has clean, private rooms or dorm rooms and very good service!
- Taipei Sunny Hostel – In case you’re looking for budget-friendly hotels in Taipei in this super central district, I have another option for you! This excellent hostel has air-conditioned dorm rooms with bunk beds and some incredible rates!
Check the rates for Zhongzheng
2. Xinyi District / Taipei 101- where to stay for luxury
If you’re a business traveler going to Taipei or if you’re interested in staying in the most upscale hotels in the city or being surrounded by some of the most modern buildings, then Xinyi district, home of Taipei 101, is definitely the best area for you!
As I said above, Xinyi is the district where Taipei 101 is located, which was the tallest building in the world (508 m tall) until March, when it was “dethroned” by the Burj Khalifa in Dubai. Needless to say, this is one of the highlights of the entire Taipei, and it offers some fantastic views of the city – the Observation Deck is definitely unmissable!
This is the right neighborhood if you’re also interested in boutique shops, shopping malls, and plenty of Taipei nightlife spots! But hear me out: just because this area is famous for its luxurious hotels, this doesn’t mean you won’t find any budget accommodations here – on the contrary!
There are many budget-friendly places here to stay, so no worries about that!
Except for Taipei 101, some other important sights in this district include Shin Kong Mitsukoshi Xinyi Place (for shopping), Tonghua Night Market, and Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall as well.
Luxury (US$230 and up)
- W Taipei – In case you’re looking for the best luxury hotels to stay in Taipei for the ultimate spoiled experience where you’ll feel exactly like a queen (or king), then you should book a room here! It’s located very close to Taipei 101, and some of the best things about staying here include superb views of the city and world-class service!
- Grand Hyatt Taipei – Here’s another excellent luxury hotel if you want to be as close to Taipei 101 and the Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall as possible! Grand Hyatt Taipei is a 5-star hotel that has a spa and wellness center, an outdoor pool, and other luxury facilities that you’ll love!
Middle-priced (US$50 – US$230)
- Members Hotel at Taipei 101 – In case you’re looking for a modern hotel that offers very good value for the money, then this one located super close to Taipei 101 and an MRT station as well, might be the perfect choice for you! It has super nice decor and clean rooms, I’m sure you’ll like it!
- The Tango Hotel Taipei XinYi – Here’s another excellent option in this upscale district, located very close to a subway line and Taipei World Trade Center as well. This 4-star accommodation has a fitness center, a business center, and more!
Budget (up to US$50)
- NK Hostel – Are you wondering where to stay in Taipei on a budget in one of the most luxurious areas of the city? You have just found the best option out there! This one’s within walking distance of Taipei 101 and other exciting landmarks and attractions in this beautiful city.
- Formosa 101 – In case you’re still searching for some of the best budget hotels in Taipei in the Xinyi district, located close to an MRT station and Taipei bus station, search no more, as this option is super cool! This hostel has clean and comfy dorm rooms, perfect for a good night’s sleep after a full day of exploration!
3. Zhongshan – where to stay in Taipei with a family
If you’re interested in a more traditional area that hosts many museums? Are you traveling with your family and want to stay in a more laid-back area? Then Zhongshan district should be your choice!
While you’re around the area, make sure you don’t miss the Taipei Fine Arts Museum, the Contemporary Art Museum (MOCA), the Customs Museum, National Revolutionary Martyrs’ Shrine, Shuangcheng Street Night Market, Taipei Story House, Yanping Riverside Park, Taipei Expo Park, and Xingtian Temple as well!
This area is more residential, but it’s still very interesting for all types of travelers out there.
When talking about accommodation, you’ll find plenty of super luxurious hotels here, as well as mid-range and budget options. If you want to arrive at the city center, no worries, just go to an MRT station, and you’ll get to Zhongzheng in less than 30 minutes!
If you feel like you belong in this neighborhood, here are the best accommodation option I have picked for you:
Luxury (US$180 and up)
- The Grand Hotel – Are you on the search for one of the best luxury hotels to stay in Taipei, in the Zhongshan neighborhood? Are you looking for a beautiful place where you’ll feel spoiled and relaxed? The Grand Hotel is for you! It’s a superb 5-star accommodation located right in the heart of the district!
- Regent Taipei – Here’s another super good luxury hotel located very close to Yanping Riverside Park and other important attractions in this district. A rooftop pool, marble private bathrooms, and a wellness center – are just some of the advantages of staying here!
Middle-priced (US$50 – US$180)
- Royal Inn Taipei – Are you wondering where to stay in the city in the best mid range hotel? Well, this one is one of the best places to stay for you! This one has bright, spacious, super clean, private rooms and other cool perks that you’ll surely enjoy! Another great advantage is the location, close to multiple attractions like the Taipei Botanical Garden, the Taipei Zoo, and The Museum of Contemporary Art Taipei, and the Shilin Night Market.
- Dandy Hotel Tianjin Branch – Here’s another great place to stay if you want to be conveniently located close to this area’s main attractions and not very far from Shilin Night Market. This place awaits a terrace, a tour desk, family rooms with air conditioning, and more!
Budget (up to US$50)
- Link World Hotel – Here’s one of the best places to book a room in case you’re traveling on a super tight budget in this district! This is one of Taipei’s best inns, and it awaits with free WiFi, room service, flat screen tv, an airport shuttle service, and more!
- Taipei Discover Hostel – This one’s another excellent choice for a reasonable budget stay in Taipei city if you want to be not very far from Ningxia Night Market. This super cool 4-star hotel has perfect economy and spacious rooms with free WiFi!
4. Datong – where to stay in Taipei on a budget
Are you traveling to Taipei on a tight budget? No worries, Datong, located right near Zhongzheng, is one of the best accommodation choices!
This area has plenty of exciting sights and activities that you can do, including a visit to the Confucius Temple and Bao’an Temple, shopping at Ningxia Night Market or Dalong Night Market, taking a stroll on the beautiful Dihua Street and admiring the Japanese buildings, and more!
Datong is not as popular as Zhongzheng or Xinyi, so you’ll encounter less tourists here – which means it’s the perfect choice if you want a calmer area while still being close to the main attractions in the city center!
Scroll down to find the best hotels in Datong that I hand-picked for all types of budgets:
Luxury (US$140 and up)
- Palais de Chine Hotel – When it comes to luxury hotels, Taipei surely knows how to make them, and this superb 5-star accommodation is one of the best examples out there! Palais de Chine Hotel awaits a well-equipped fitness center, a bar, an on-site restaurant, and everything in between!
- City Suites – Taipei Nanxi – Here’s another one of the best Taipei luxury hotels where you will receive one of the best treatments! It’s a 4-star hotel that offers free Wi-Fi, a cute seating area, clean rooms, and more! The location is just another perk of staying here; close to Ningxia Night Market,
Middle-priced (US$80 – US$140)
- CityInn Hotel Taipei Station Branch III – For all those of you looking for an excellent mid-range Taipei hotel, I recommend this one! It’s also an excellent choice if you’re searching for the best mid range hotel near Taipei Main Station or Ningxia Night Market, which is a great plus!
- Meander 1948 Hostel – If you still didn’t find a great place to stay, you should know that this excellent hotel offers free Wi-Fi, clean dorm rooms, a terrace, a delicious breakfast, and more. Plus, it’s located on a road that has a super good location in this neighborhood near Ningxia Night Market!
Budget (up to US$80)
- C U Hotel Taipei – If you’re looking for an excellent budget place to stay in Taipei, I might have the dream hotel for you! This 3-star property awaits clean and cozy air-conditioned rooms, a delicious buffet breakfast, and an excellent location next to Nin-Xia Night Market!
- Old Door Hostel & Bar – Here’s another one of the best budget Taipei hotels in this area! This one offers cozy dormitory rooms for some excellent rates and location (super close to Huaxi Street Night Market), as well as free Wi-Fi, a bar, and a delicious breakfast served each morning.
5. Wanhua / Ximending – top shopping district in Taipei
Are you interested in a shopping district or trying the best foods that Taiwan has to offer? Then you should head over to Wanhua!
Wanhua district is home to Ximending (also called “Ximen”), a popular shopping district in Taipei, especially for those interested in entertainment and modern buildings. Interesting fact: Wanhua is often compared to Harajuku or Shinjuku in Tokyo, so you should expect a vibrant, fun atmosphere all over this district, but especially in Ximending.
Wanhua is also located on the banks of the Tamsui River, and it’s full of plenty of accommodation options for all types of pockets out there! In terms of attractions, let me just name a few: Ximending Night Market, Huaxi Street Night Market, also known as Snake Alley (yep, there are TONS of night markets in Taipei!), Taipei Cinema Park, the Red House Theatre, Longshan Temple or Tianhou Temple.
Staying here also means that you’ll be surrounded by plenty of restaurants, bars, clubs, and shops at all times, which is a great bonus. Plus, you’ll also be one MRT station away from Taipei Main Station – a great advantage!
Convinced? Below you can find my hand-picked hotels in Wanhua for your stay:
Luxury (US$140 and up)
- Caesar Metro Taipei – In case you’re looking for superb Taipei luxury hotels located a 5-minute walk to all the essential attractions in this area, including Longshan Temple, and the Taipei Main Station, then this one’s for you! This 5-star hotel in Taipei awaits flawless service, as well as many leisure facilities and excellent amenities.
- Suz Hotel – Here’s another excellent choice if you want to be close to countless street food places, Ximen MRT station, Taipei Main Station (8 minutes away by foot), and all the essential attractions and activities in this neighborhood! Plus, it has an on-site fitness center, a restaurant, private parking, and more!
Middle-priced (US$50 – US$140)
- Cho Hotel – Do you want to stay in the best mid-range hotel located close to Longshan Temple and with a convenient location so you can do some Ximending shopping or hop on a train at the Taipei Main Station? Then you should check out this place! The rooms here are super clean and cozy, and each has a private bathroom too!
- CitizenM Taipei – Here’s another great place if you’re looking for an excellent mid-range Taipei hotel. This place has all the facilities and amenities you might need for a pleasant stay. Check out if rooms are still available, as this is a perfect choice of accommodation! If that is not enough, let me tell you you will be close to the Taipei Main Station and many attractions like the National Taiwan Museum and the Taipei Botanical Garden!
Budget (up to US$50)
- Energy Inn – This cute budget inn is the perfect choice if you want to be within walking distance of countless great food places, the night market, shops, the Taipei Main Station, and other attractions in this district! Of course, it also has free Wi-Fi as well!
- Your Hotel – Here’s another excellent choice if you want to be in an area that’s super close to many street food places with Chinese and other international cuisines! This excellent hotel offers different private rooms that you can choose from – plus, you’ll be close to spots like the Guangzhou Street Night Market, the Taipei Main Station, and just a ride away from Yangmingshan National Park.
6. Da’an – where to stay in Taipei for foodies
Da’an is an excellent neighborhood overall, but I wholeheartedly recommend it to all the foodies! It’s the best place to explore the fantastic Taiwanese gastronomy in all food places – from night markets to world-class restaurants (such as Din Tai Fung)!
Da’an (located very close to Xinyi) is also called the “lungs” of Taipei city, so I recommend it to those looking for a breath of fresh air! Why? Da’an Park is located here (a huge park, oftentimes compared to Central Park in New York)!
While you’re here, pay a visit to Shida Night Market, Tonghua Night Market, the city’s most famous restaurant Din Tai Fung, Jianguo Jade, and Flower Market. I also recommend visiting the Taipei Grand Mosque and Yongkang Street as well.
Plus, you’ll always be connected to the rest of the city if you stay close to an MRT station. There are also plenty of shops around, so you always do some shopping or get some souvenirs to bring back home!
If you want to stay in Da’an during your trip to Taipei, here are the best hotels you can choose from:
Luxury (US$200 and up)
- Dandy Hotel Da’an Park – Are you looking for the best hotel in Taipei located right in the heart of the beautiful Da’an district? Then this one’s for you! This modern hotel awaits flawless service and rooms, and the location is perfect – close to Da’an Forest Park, Shida Night Market, Tonghua Night Market, and Yongkang Street!
- Hotel Proverbs Taipei – This is another perfect luxury hotel if you want to be close to Da’an Forest Park and the world-famous restaurant Din Tai Fung. Hotel Proverbs Taipei is 5-star accommodation that has comfortable rooms, free Wi-Fi, and a perfect location close to countless entertainment spots like Yongkang Street for some food exploring.
Middle-priced (US$110 – US$200)
- Dandy Hotel-Daan Park Branch – Are you on the search for the best mid range hotel located close to the famous Din Tai Fung restaurant? Then you should book a room here! This excellent hotel has bright and clean rooms, and it’s also 1 minute away from Daan Forest Park – so cool!
- Green World ZhongXiao – Here’s another super good option to be close to Da’an Park and other unmissable spots in this fantastic neighborhood. It awaits with a 4-star service, free Wi-Fi, private bathrooms, a 24-hour desk, and other significant advantages!
Budget (up to US$110)
- Dongmen 3 Hostel – For all those travelers looking for a perfect budget option located right in the heart of the Da’an district – this one is for you! This nice hostel has capsule rooms, so it’s an excellent opportunity to stay in this type of accommodation in case you didn’t have the chance before!
- Amici Hotel Six Star Hostel – This 3-star hostel is another fantastic choice for those on a tight budget. The rates are super reasonable, and the dorm rooms at this hostel have modern decor and they’re super clean – perfect for a good night’s sleep!
7. Songshan – where to stay in Taipei for business
If you only have a veeerrry short trip to the city, if you’re a business traveler, or if you’re planning on arriving in another area in Taiwan via plane, I suggest staying in Songshan, a district located close to Songshan Airport!
Some exciting things to visit in this area include Songshan Creative and Cultural Park (the center spot of the entire district), Ciyou Temple, the Rainbow Bridge, Taipei Arena, Raohe Night Market, and the Breeze Center as well.
Here’s another fun fact: Songshan is also known as the “Wall Street” of Taipei, so it’s a popular area among business travelers. There are also plenty of excellent restaurants, cafes, and shops, so you’ll never get bored!
If you decide to stay in Songshan, scroll down to find the best hotels in this area:
Luxury (US$150 and up)
- Mandarin Oriental Taipei – This is undoubtedly one of the best places to stay in the entire city of Taipei! This superb 5-star hotel awaits with an on-site fitness center, yoga classes (so cool!), a tour desk, luggage storage, an on-site restaurant, and everything else you might need for a luxury stay! Even though it is a super luxurious hotel, it has metro access and just some stops from Taipei Main Station!
- Brother Hotel – If you’re still looking for the best upscale places to stay in this beautiful city, you should check this one out; you might fall in love! It’s a super cool 4-star hotel close to an MRT station and Taipei Arena. Plus, it has no less than 7 dining options!
Middle-priced (US$100 – US$150)
- Waterfront Hotel – This fabulous 3-star hotel is an excellent place to stay if you’re looking for a property that offers fantastic value for the price you’ll be paying! Some private rooms here have an unforgettable view of the city, so make sure to pick one of those!
- Green World Triple Beds – Here’s another fantastic 3-star property where you can book a room in this fantastic neighborhood! Free Wi-Fi, family rooms, an on-site fitness center, and sparkling clean, private rooms are advantages of staying here!
Budget (up to US$100)
- Backpackers Hostel – If you’re looking for a clean and comfortable hostel, this is one of the best places to book a room, as it has some super reasonable rates! The location is flawless, super close to a subway station, offers free Wi-Fi, and more!
- Urtrip Hotel – Here’s one of the best hotels on a budget if you’re looking for cheap hotels in Taipei! This excellent hostel has free Wi-Fi, parking, a 24-hour front desk, and many other excellent facilities and amenities that you’ll surely enjoy!
|👑 Luxury price:||$200|
|💵 Mid Range:||$130|
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:||Hua Shan Din|
|💵 Best mid-range hotel:||Via Hotel Taipei Station|
|👛 Best budget hotel:||Taiwan Youth Hostel|
BONUS 1: Best apartments in Taipei
If you’re the type of traveler that prefers the homey, cozy feeling of staying in an apartment instead of a hotel room, I have good news for you – Taipei is full of excellent options that you can choose from!
Apartments are a great choice if you want to save some money (they’re so cheap, especially in Taiwan!) or if you’re a bigger group that wants to stay together, for example, a family. Apartments are more spacious and provide fantastic facilities such as a kitchen, a living room, and more.
To help you out, I have chosen the best apartments I could find in Zhongzheng (my recommended area for people traveling to Taipei for the first time), all grouped by budget:
Luxury (US$60 and up)
- Taipei Villa – If you’re looking for a superb, upscale place in the best location to stay in Taipei, I genuinely believe this apartment is for you! The decor is super cool, and it’s just great for up to 4 guests.
- 西門町 Ximending MRT 2mins – Here’s another fantastic place that proves that you can enjoy a luxurious stay even if you’re booking an apartment instead of a hotel! This one has excellent reviews, and it’s located nearby all the exciting attractions in the city center.
Middle-priced (US$30 – US$60)
- Taipei Ximen 台北西門安居 – This apartment is an excellent choice if you’re looking for some places to stay that offer great value. This one’s great for up to 4 guests, and it’s super clean and with a perfect location – what more can you wish for?
- Condo in Taipei 101 – This nice private room is located in Wanhua district, very close to Zhongzhen, Taipei Main Station, and the Raohe Night Market. It’s the best place to stay in Taipei for 2 guests who want to explore everything this incredible city has to offer!
Budget (up to US$30)
- Relaxing Cottage – In case you’re two travelers visiting Taipei on a super tight budget, this private room has incredible prices! By the way, this is posted by a super host so that you can expect excellent service!
- The Family Guest House Room No l – Here’s another equally lovely room with the same advantages as before – great location, unbeatable prices, and some fantastic prices!
BONUS 2: Best hotels near the Taipei airports
Taipei has not one, but two airports! Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE) is located around 45 km from Taipei Main Station (50 minutes by car), and Taipei Songshan Airport (TSA) is located only 7 km from the central station (20 minutes by car).
Regardless of the place, you’ll be arriving at when you land in Taipei; I have selected some great hotel accommodations for you (3 for each airport, one per each type of budget):
Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport
- (Luxury) Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport – This is my recommendation for people that are looking for an upscale Taipei airport hotel. This one’s less than 2 km away and it offers an excellent 4-star service!
- (Middle-priced) City Suites – If you’re looking for a mid-range place instead, this one is for you! It’s a nice hotel just a 5 min drive from the airport, and it’s perfect for a good night’s sleep plus it has luggage storage and a business center.
- (Budget) Backpackers’ Hostel Taoyuan Airport – In case you want to book an affordable place close to the airport, there’s no better choice than this one! This hostel is right next to the airport and has many rooms to choose from.
Check rates for Taoyuan International Airport
Taipei Songshan Airport
- (Luxury) Courtyard by Marriott – This is one of the best hotels located only 1.9 km from the airport and awaits flawless service for all those of you that want both luxury and convenience. In case you want to squeeze in a quick sight seeing, I recommend Meiti Riverside Park!
- (Middle-priced) CityInn Hotel– Here’s a mid-range hotel with superb decor and some excellent prices – plus a perfect location, 1.3 km from the airport.
- (Budget) Hotel Quote – This hotel is my recommendation for those on a tight budget but still want to be as close to this airport as possible – only 1.9 km away!
For more accommodation options close to this airport, you can check out my recommendations for Songshan District (no. 7 in my list above).
Check the rates for Taipei Songshan Airport
FAQs about Taipei hotels
📍 What is the best area to stay in Taipei?
The best area to stay in Taipei is Zhongzheng, the heart and soul of the city! Here you will find so many attractions to visit and things to do. Taipei Garden Hotel and Cosmos Hotel Taipei are great hotel options in the area!
🛍️ What is the best night market in Taipei?
All the night markets have their own charm, and they offer many different things. So if you are looking for the biggest I recommend Shilin, Raohe for a more touristy vibe, Ningxia and Tonghua are the best choice if you are looking for Michelin-rated stalls, and Huaxi for a shocking time – you might find snake meat!
📆 How many days are enough in Taipei?
3 days are more than enough days to explore all the city’s most popular landmarks!
🥾 Is Taipei a walkable city?
Yes, the downtown area is pretty walkable but there are also plenty of public transport options like buses, MRT, taxi, cycling, or you can even rent a car!
Yay, you have reached the end of my complete guide on Taipei accommodation! I hope you found this helpful post, and maybe you have already found your dream hotel from one of my recommendations above, right?
In this post, I have told you everything you need to know about the 7 best neighborhoods in Taipei, with hand-picked hotel recommendations for each of them. From the iconic Zhongzheng to the luxurious Xinyi or the vibrant Wanhua, I have discussed all these and more in the above article! I also gave you my recommendations for excellent apartments and airport hotels in the city.
If that is not enough, I will give you my top accommodation choices in the city, but let me remind you that if you like any of these options you have to book in advance, is the best way to secure a spot in Taipei!
- Grand Hyatt Taipei – this is the best place if you want to stay not only in a luxury hotel, but also in the most luxurious neighborhood in Taipei!
- CitizenM Taipei – on the other hand if you want to save some money to shop or visit other places, this is a great choice!
Are you heading to Taipei soon? Do you have any other questions or concerns? Let me know in the comments below, and I’ll gladly help!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!
Hi stayed in the Via Hotel 68 in Taipei
..Was fantastic. Staff were fabulous. Your prices are a bit out though. I was only paying TWD 880 a night.
Hi Scott, happy you liked it! Hope we all be able to travel again 🙂