Prague is an amazing and adventurous city in Czech Republic that offers so much, from classic architecture buildings and delicious street food, to curious and old myths about the history of the city! If you are planning a trip to the city, you might be wondering where to stay in Prague – and I’m here to help!
Most of Prague highlights are in the city center, which is the area I recommend you to stay in. In order to help you with that, I have selected the best options for you that are fit for any wallet, from cheap hostels to luxury 5-star hotels!
Because Prague is a very popular tourist destination, good hotels and apartments are always getting sold out fast, so, as usual, I recommend you book your stay as soon as possible!
Oh, and by the way, if you need help planning your Prague itinerary, I recommend you check out my post about Things to do in Prague so you will have a better idea of all the activities that you can do in the city!
Below you can find my favorite options for you to stay, categorized by price range, all with great facilities and reviews:
Best hotels in Prague
If you are wondering which neighborhood is the best one to stay in Prague, I can assure you that Prague 1 district represents most of the city center and the place where all the main attractions are. Inside this district the main areas to stay are Malá Strana and Nové Město, each on a different side of the Vltava River. Unlike Vienna, Prague’s district distribution does not follow a clockwise design, but the city is divided into 10 districts to make the use of public transportation easier.
Prague 1 is perfect if you are going for a calm atmosphere, modern bars and restaurants, or if you want to get a glimpse of the local culture and history.
Here are the best hotels in Prague city center, all sorted by price:
Luxury (€120 and up)
- Grand Hotel Bohemia – This is one of the best 5-star hotels in Prague, Czech Republic and it offers free Wi-Fi, satellite TV, modern furniture, and bathtubs in all bathrooms, all found in each of the spacious rooms. They also offer the use of their Boccaccio ballroom, which is a historic neo-baroque venue!
- Four Seasons Prague – If you were looking for a gorgeous boutique hotel in Prague, this is your choice! Among their amenities, there is a spa that overlooks Prague Castle, a fitness room, a swimming pool, and even airline reservation and translation services. The rooms are gorgeous, all decorated in a historical style!
- Mandarin Oriental Prague – This hotel is part of the top luxury hotels in Prague! Their rooms have underfloor heating and the bathroom cosmetics have essential oils. Their spa is located in a former Renaissance chapel, and their other amenities include a gym, a sauna, and yoga classes.
- The Grand Mark Prague – This hotel is located in a 17th-century residential palace and keeps the elegant interiors in every area to preserve the timeless magic. Their rooms are spacious and have a design that mixes traditional with modern; they also come with a separate living room, a kitchenette, a seating area, and a lovely garden or street views!
Middle-priced (from €60 to €120)
- MOODs Charles Bridge – This is a 4-star hotel set a 6-minute walk from the Astronomical Clock offers the guests free Wi-Fi, a small gym, and you can make reservations for a massage as well! All the rooms have a King Koil bed, a desk, an interactive smart TV, air-conditioning, tea/coffee making facilities, and some even have a seating room!
- Hotel Royal Prague – The rooms at this great hotel have a flat-screen satellite TV, extra-long beds, and an electric kettle. Some rooms even have a small seating area to relax! Among the amenities they offer not only free Wi-Fi, a spa, and wellness center, but they can also help you get tickets to attractions!
- Corinthia Hotel Prague – This is a great hotel in Prague center that has beautiful panoramic views of the city, free Wi-Fi all around the building, and a top-floor spa with a gym and a swimming pool. All the rooms have air-conditioning, satellite flat-screen TV, and high-quality furniture with luxury fabrics.
- Hotel Leonardo Prague – This hotel is in a quiet location very close to Charles Bridge and has all the elegant rooms and suites furnished with antique pieces from Prague’s Art-Nouveau heritage. All rooms are allergy-free and they come with free Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, a safety deposit box, and there are interconnected rooms on request.
Budget (up to €60)
- Old Prague Hotel – This hotel is located in an 1895 building with all decorations kept in-sync with the historic site but still modern and comfortable! All the rooms have a private bathroom, free Wi-Fi, and they come with a courtyard or street view. Each room also has satellite TV, air-conditioning, and a free safe.
- Design Metropol Hotel Prague – This is a great option of cheap hotels in Prague that offers great panoramic views of the city at their rooftop sun deck. It is a modern hotel in terms of appliances, décor, and furniture while being very comfortable and with a great price! Each room includes free Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, and an ergonomic mattress.
- Czech Inn – This hostel in Prague is perfectly located in the city center inside a 19th-century building. All the spacious rooms are comfortable, with clean and modern decor. The accommodation is a great environment to meet other travelers, and there are even live performances and stand-up comedy events there!
- Hotel Don Giovanni Prague – This hotel is a great and modern option for cheap accommodation in Prague, where all the rooms are air-conditioned, with a flat-screen satellite TV, free Wi-Fi, and a minibar. Among facilities that require an extra fee, the guests can make use of a hammam, a spa and wellness center, a sauna, and a gym.
Best apartments in Prague
If you want to book an apartment instead of a hotel for your Prague stay, don’t worry, I got you covered as well! Going for an apartment instead of a hotel is a great option if you are traveling with a bigger group of people, or if you just want something that feels more like home and sometimes even with more accessible prices!
There are maaany great options for Prague apartments that are perfectly fit to all preferences and budgets. Here are the best ones I have selected for you:
Luxury (€150 and up)
- Riverview Old Town Apartment – This entire apartment is perfect to fit up to 8 people and it has 4 soundproofed bedrooms, an equipped kitchen, and 2 bathrooms. The accommodation also includes air-conditioning, a balcony and a terrace with river views, a flat-screen satellite TV, a dishwasher, and a washing machine.
- Karlova 25 Apartments – This accommodation is a combination of apartments, some of which offer a view of the Old Town and others of the river. Plus, they all have a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, coffee/tea facilities, washing machine, and ironing facilities!
Middle-priced (from €80 to €150)
- Cozy Flat by The Astronomical Clock – This great apartment is less than 600m from the Clock and it is spacious enough to fit 4 people. The property is completely soundproofed and has one bedroom, an equipped kitchen with a fridge and microwave, and one bathroom. The rooms have a cozy and simple décor which is completed with the adjustable heating system!
- 2 Bedroom Old Town Apartment – This apartment is perfect for no more than 4 people – it has 2 bedrooms, one bathroom that includes a shower, a seating area, and a fully equipped kitchenette. The interior design is very simple but it gives you a vibe that makes you feel at home!
Budget (up to €80)
- Apartment Stepanska 37 – This non-smoking apartment has one bedroom, a seating area, a complete kitchen with an oven and microwave, and offers free Wi-Fi for the residents. It also has a heating system and a balcony that offers lovely city views. The flat-screen satellite TV on the property even comes with a Netflix account!
- Christi Apartment – This accommodation is perfect for two travelers! It only has one bedroom, a spacious kitchen with a microwave, a washing machine, and one bathroom. The interior has a clean, simple and modern décor that makes you forget you are not staying in a hotel.
Best hotels for families in Prague
If you are going to Prague on a family holiday, it is a good idea to consider looking at hotels that are also kid-friendly. Here are some of the best hotels in Prague that I recommend for families:
Luxury (€170 and up)
- Prague Marriott Hotel – Marriot is one of the best hotels in Prague Old Town that offer luxurious signature bedding in the spacious rooms, a flat-screen TV, a seating area, and a 24/7 open fully equipped gym for all the guests. There is Wi-Fi available for a small price, an on-site ATM, and a business center.
- Pytloun Boutique Hotel Prague – This is one of the top Prague hotels because of their boutique, modern design overlooking Wenceslass Square and the Franciscan Gardens. All of the hotel rooms have individually controlled air-conditioning, Nespresso, minibar, free coffee/tea making facilities, and adjustable color LED lighting.
Middle-priced (from €120 to €170)
- Aquapalace Hotel Prague – This is one of the most fun Prague hotels for families you will find on your trip! It is a non-smoking hotel located on the grounds of the Aquapalace Praha for which it offers unlimited access to most guests (some specific rooms do not include the tickets – be sure to double check).
- Wellness Hotel Step – This hotel has a direct connection to Step Sports and Wellness Center, where guests may use all of their facilities such as tennis, squash, and badminton courts, a bowling alley, and an indoor pool at the spa. All the rooms are spacious and have a satellite TV, free Wi-Fi and air-conditioning.
Budget (up to €120)
- Mosaic House – This is an eco-friendly hotel/hostel that offers rooms and penthouse suites with air-conditioning, cable TV and an iPod docking station. The hostel-styled dormitory rooms also come with air-conditioning and have bunk beds and en-suite bathrooms. All the rooms have a modern and comfortable décor while also having a green and ecological vibe.
- Salvator Boutique Hotel – The rooms of this hotel have air-conditioning, a flat-screen TV, a kettle, and a private bathroom with a shower. The place is also pet-friendly, has a garden view, and offers free Wi-Fi in all the areas. It is a great budget option of Prague hotels family friendly because of the spacious and comfortable rooms!
Best hotels near Prague airport
In case you are staying in the city for a short time and you are wondering what are the best hotels in Prague near the Vaclav Havel Airport, I have some great options for you! These top selections have awesome reviews and facilities:
- Courtyard by Marriott Prague Airport is one of the best luxury Prague hotels near the airport you can find! All the rooms are allergy-free and have a 42-inch flat-screen TV with free movie channels, free Wi-Fi, a well-lit work desk with an ergonomic chair, individually controlled air-conditioning, and double locks for the security system!
- Holiday Inn Prague Airport is a great option for a middle-priced Prague accommodation that has a tasteful and modern design throughout the rooms and shared areas. All the rooms are soundproofed and there is also wired internet access at the meeting facilities and business corner.
- Dolce Villa is the best budget accommodation option near the airport with elegant and simple modern décor – you will not believe the price you are paying for this great service! There are 6 conference rooms on-site, and bowling facilities for guests to have some fun!
This was my complete list of accommodations that fit every taste and pocket! I hope it will be helpful for your Prague hotel booking process!
In this post I have carefully chosen recommendations of hotels that have the best location to stay in Prague, which is Prague 1 – the city center where most of the local main attractions are. As a bonus, I gave you some recommendations for apartments and family hotels in the city, as well as airport hotels! I am sure you will find some awesome hotels or apartments in this list.
If you are still not convinced if you should be heading over to this beautiful city, check out my post on Best Things To Do in Prague to see all the amazing activities that await you!
I hope you will have the best Prague holidays and, as always, let me know if you have any questions below in the comments! I will be more than happy to answer!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!