Stunning views of the Indian Ocean, white sand beaches, watersports, and a location in the middle of lush tropical greenery – it seems as if you are looking for the perfect spot for a romantic honeymoon in the Maldives. Well, here is exactly where you’ll find it!
In this post, I collected the very best romantic Maldives resorts, and grouped them by price, so you can easily locate the price range that fits your budget!
I also gave you a bonus with the best all-inclusive hotels in the Maldives, so you can check out more accommodation options for your holiday.
NOTE: All resort prices in this travel guide are for a 5 nights stay during the high season, from September to May, when prices are almost 3 times higher than during off season!
Also, make sure you book your favorite resort a few months in advance because these stellar accommodations get booked incredibly fast!
Now, let’s start exploring the options!
If you are in a hurry
If you don’t have time to read the whole post, check out the 3 best resorts in the Maldives, divided by price range:
- COMO Cocoa Island – Best luxury resort
- Anantara Veli Maldives Resort – Best value for money
- Baros Maldives – Best affordable honeymoon resort
Luxury (US$3000 and up)
- The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort – This is one of the best resorts in the Maldives if you’re looking for barefoot luxury on a private island (Vommuli) between a sparkling lagoon and a verdant rainforest. Here you will stay in stunning overwater bungalows with private pools, and spend the day on romantic picnics around the island, spa treatments, or going on a honeymoon sunset cruise on Norma, the resort’s luxury yacht!
- Lily Beach Resort and Spa – All Inclusive – Get spoiled with 24-hour service from a private butler, rejuvenating therapies, and an open-air restaurant with panoramic lagoon views! This five star resort on South Ari Atoll hosts gorgeous overwater bungalows with a private swimming pool and deck, and even glass floors, so you can see the marine life directly from your bed.
- COMO Cocoa Island – Located in South Male Atoll, this intimate resort hosts only 33 romantic water villas and 3 suites with direct beach access, perfect if you want to enjoy some privacy with your special one! At the property, you will also have access to 2 private diving reefs, an infinity pool and a restaurant serving delicious South Indian food, perfect for a candlelight, private beach dinner.
- Hurawalhi Island Resort – Located on a beautiful private beach, this adults-only resort offers overwater villas and bungalows with private pools, and a glass underwater restaurant where you may watch dolphins during your breakfast! Here you will wake up in your dreamy beach villa, dive directly into your private infinity pool, and explore the super diverse marine life at the house reef.
- Anantara Veli Maldives Resort – Located on a beautiful island in South Male Atoll, this is one of the best luxury hotels in the Maldives, offering a beautiful design made of indigenous materials and Arab and Portuguese motifs. Here you will wake up in your luxury overwater villa with a private pool, go snorkeling and scuba diving with mantas and sea turtles, and watch some of the most beautiful star-filled skies before falling asleep.
- W Maldives – If you want to have a tranquil escape with your special one and enjoy the inviting blue waters, beautiful reefs, and white sands of the Maldives, this stunning resort is for you, located on Fesdu Island! Get ready to stay in spacious villas with direct beach, reef, or ocean access and a private plunge pool, all offering signature bedding, outdoor daybeds, and a private bathroom with a rain shower, plus access to a diving center.
- Milaidhoo Island Maldives – Milaidhoo Island Maldives is definitely one of the best honeymoon resorts, nestled in a UNESCO biosphere reserve, with access to its own coral reef… a real paradise for snorkeling and diving! Here you will feel like the king/queen that you are, staying at water villas with plunge pools and breathtaking ocean views, and even a private wine fridge stocked with your personal favorites.
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island – Located on 2 separate islands connected by a bridge and stretching up to 500 m into the Indian Ocean, this luxurious resort is just stunning! The property boasts an all-glass underwater restaurant serving the most delicious food, 2 award-winning spas where you can get relaxing spa treatments, and spacious villas with a private pool, so you can enjoy some privacy and intimacy with your special one!
Mid Range (US$1000 – US$2500)
- Diamonds Athuruga Maldives Resort & Spa – This is one of the best honeymoon resorts in the Maldives with overwater villas featuring a large terrace with direct access to a sparkling lagoon. During the day, you can join many cool watersports like fishing, snorkeling, and windsurfing, check out the library, then wrap the night with a romantic dinner at one of the 5 different on-site fine-dining restaurants.
- Dusit Thani Maldives – Located in Baa Atoll, the property offers 94 Thai-style villas, an incredibly large infinity pool, a spa suspended from the trees with 6 treetop treatment pods with spectacular views, a modern gym, and 2 tennis courts. This luxurious property is surrounded by a beautiful coral reef, and a turquoise lagoon, so, don’t miss out on scuba diving and exploring the colorful marine life if you choose to stay here!
- Mӧvenpick Resort Kuredhivaru Maldives – Experience world-class service at this beautiful resort offering everything you need for a holiday full of comforts, starting from spacious room with a private plunge pool with breathtaking sea views, a relaxing wellness center, an infinity swimming pool, to an over-water restaurant serving fresh local seafood, and a laid-back poolside bar. Aren’t you already imagining yourself there?
- Kudafushi Resort & Spa – Located in the dreamy Raa Atoll, this is definitely one of the best honeymoon resorts if you want to disconnect from the outside world, and enjoy some private moments with your special one! The property hosts a 5-star PADI Dive Center so you can explore the rich sea life, a watersports center for windsurfing, tennis, table tennis, and billiards, and to top it all, the staff organizes cool daily activities like DJ, movie nights, excursions, and fishing trips!
- Constance Halaveli – Do you want to feel like you are in a dream? Located on a dashing Halaveli lagoon, this resort offers spacious villas with private plunge pools, direct beach access, and views of the surrounding greenery or the ocean. There is something for both lazy and active travelers: a spa & wellness center, diving, and fishing facilities, tennis courts, a well-equipped fitness center, and 3 dining options offering everything from international dishes to fresh seafood, and Asian fare.
- Constance Moofushi Maldives – All Inclusive – Imagine waking up to the view of the Indian Ocean, and having a delicious buffet breakfast right on the beach, taking in the fresh sea breeze and ocean views… This resort offers that, as well as an all-inclusive package, over-water spa, a yoga pavilion, and super friendly staff!
- Ayada Maldives – Located amidst a pristine reef in southern Maldives, this stunning resort offers the perfect balance between luxury and homeliness. The beach or overwater villas offer stylish interiors with Middle-Eastern and Maldivian-style decorations, a secluded private garden with a plunge pool and an outdoor shower, and breathtaking ocean views. The staff will make you feel immediately at home, and treat you like a royal!
Budget (up to US$800)
- Sun Siyam Iru Fushi – This is definitely one of the best honeymoon hotels in Noonu Atoll if you want to have access to luxury amenities but not spend a fortune, featuring 221 beach and overwater villas, all offering contemporary chic décor, bright and airy rooms, freshwater pools and floor-to-ceiling glass doors. Here you will have access to an adults-only infinity pool and a fabulous house reef and a Nemo garden where you can go snorkeling!
- Baros Maldives – Located on a beautiful private island in the North Malé Atoll and surrounded by a crystal clear coral lagoon, snow-white sands, coconut palms and colorful flowers, this cozy resort is perfect if you want to connect with nature and disconnect from the outside world. Spend your days exploring the marine life of the surrounding waters or just breathing the fresh breeze from the thatched roof of your villa!
- Paradise Island Resort, Maldives – Looking for the perfect balance between relaxation and activities? Then this stunning resort is for you, located on the idyllic North Male Atoll island in the Indian Ocean and featuring private villas and bungalows with breathtaking ocean views. If you just want to relax you can chill at the pool or get relaxing massages at the on-site spa, while the most active ones can play at tennis courts and go snorkeling or diving.
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives – This resort has the perfect location, nestled in the stunning Emboodhoo Lagoon and at only a 15-minute speedboat ride away from the international airport… perfect for those who are always worried about losing their flight! Here you will find a large ocean-view swimming pool with a slide and underwater speakers, a relaxing spa, and an all-day dining restaurant serving a delicious breakfast every morning.
- Meeru Island Resort & Spa – If you want to stay in the Dhiffushi paradise but you are on a budget, this resort is for you, offering luxury amenities for very reasonable prices (considering that you are in the Maldives). In fact, here you will have access to 2 fresh-water swimming pools on the beach, an oceanfront bar, and a private beach area; and if you love watersports, you can go snorkeling and windsurfing in the surrounding waters!
- LUX* South Ari Atoll Resort & Villas – This honeymoon resort offers luxurious open-concept rooms with chic beach-house style furnishings and outdoor seating areas, and surrounded by crystal-clear waters and tropical greenery (check out the pictures: they are just beautiful!). Here you will find a spa offering relaxing massages and beauty treatments, a games room with a pool table and darts, 8 restaurants and 5 bars.
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa – This is one of the best resorts in Dhangethi for Maldives honeymoon on a budget, offering luxury amenities at a great value for the price! You will enjoy an outdoor swimming pool with ocean views, a private beach area, and a spa center. There is also an incredible house reef, excellent for snorkeling, and sports facilities like tennis courts, table tennis, and billiards, so you can have some fun with your beloved one!
|👑 Luxury price:||$5000|
|🏩 Mid range:||$2000|
|🛎️ Best luxury honeymoon resort:||Hurawalhi Island Resort|
|💵 Top mid-range honeymoon resort:||Anantara Veli Maldives Resort|
|👛 Best budget honeymoon resort:||Baros Maldives|
BONUS: Best all-inclusive hotels in the Maldives
We have just seen all the best romantic Maldives resorts, but what if you don’t find availability in your favorite resort, or you just want to check out some more accommodation options before making the final choice?
Well, that’s exactly why I added this BONUS about all the best all-inclusive hotels in the Maldives!
Giving you access to private beaches, amazing watersports, luxury facilities and amenities, they still make a great alternative for a romantic vacation with your special one, plus it’s all included so, you won’t have to think about anything during your holiday just enjoy pure relaxation!
NOTE: all the all-inclusive hotels below are listed in descending order from the most expensive to the least. Let’s check them out together:
1. Kudadoo Maldives Private Island
Located on a magical private island in the Lhaviyani Atoll, this is definitely one of the best all-inclusive resorts in the Maldives for couples, offering only 15 luxury overwater bungalows and villas, perfect if you want to enjoy some intimacy. There are private pools, large swings, and direct access to the lagoon, as well as personal butler service, spa treatments, private diving, excursions and water sports – all included in your package!
2. Pullman Maldives All-Inclusive Resort
If you’re looking for a quiet place to just relax and disconnect from everything – this resort is for you, offering friendly and helpful staff, luxury accommodations, and cool activities. You will stay in exclusive plush villas, some of them featuring a submerged master bedroom, an outside deck, and a plunge pool. And if you ever feel like leaving your villa, you can go play tennis or golf, snorkeling, SUPing, and more!
3. Atmosphere Kanifushi – Premium
Located in the stunning and quiet Lhaviyani Atoll, this resort will spoil you with an all-inclusive 5-star service, including a seaplane transfer from the airport which usually you need to pay extra! You will stay in luxurious and spacious villas with direct access to a pristine white beach and a turquoise lagoon. Each villa is tastefully decorated with Maldivian interiors, featuring an open-air bathroom, and private outdoor garden areas with sun loungers.
4. Angsana Velavaru
Located on a sparkling private lagoon in Velavaru Island, this resort is perfect for both couples and families, offering activities and facilities for any taste: water skiing, windsurfing, jet skiing, scuba diving lessons, and even fishing or dolphin tours (for an extra fee)! Here you will find 79 stunning beach villas with outdoor showers, private verandahs, rooftop terraces, beach access, and some of them even direct water access… What else could you ask for?
5. Adaraan Prestige Vadoo
This resort will make you feel like you are living in a dream, offering stunning water villas with a private plunge pool and a glass-bottomed bathroom lounge with a view of marine life, so you won’t have to get wet to see colorful fishes and other beautiful creatures! Imagine waking up to the smell of fresh sea, having a delicious breakfast in your private balcony (you’ll have access to personal 24-hour butler service with in-room dining) and diving in the sea right after!
6. Diamonds Thudufushi
Check out this resort nestled in Thudufushi natural haven with a crystal-clear lagoon, waving palm trees and a soft, sandy beach. Here you’ll choose from a wide range of accommodation: beach bungalows and suites, water villas, and jacuzzi water villas, all offering an outdoor tub, stunning views and private verandahs. And the all-inclusive package is great, covering beverages, snorkeling and windsurfing equipment, canoes, and meals at 5 restaurants!
7. Cocoon Maldives
This stunning resort is located on the pristine island of Ookolhufinolhu in Lhaviyani Atoll, and offers access to a private beach area, delicious restaurants, a year-round outdoor pool, a barbecue, as well as cool water sport facilities… so there’s no chance you will get bored here! And wait to see the rooms, all nestled in green vegetation, that you’ll see directly from the glass partitions connecting with the open-air bathrooms: you will feel fully connected with nature!
NOTE: A practical thing to know about the Maldives is that drinking alcohol is not allowed on the local islands as they are a Muslim country.
FAQs about Maldives honeymoon resorts
💑 Which are the best Maldives honeymoon resorts?
The best Maldives honeymoon resorts are the Hurawalhi Island adults-only resort, offering overwater villas, beach villas, and overwater bungalows with their own plunge pools, the Anantara Veli Maldives Resort, located on a beautiful island in South Male Atoll, or the St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, offering barefoot luxury.
👑 Which are the best romantic resorts in the Maldives for luxury?
The best resorts in the Maldives for luxury are COMO Cocoa Island, an intimate resort hosting only 33 romantic water villas, the Lily Beach Resort and Spa, in South Ari Atoll, featuring personal butler service the Hurawalhi Island Resort, offering pool villas with their own plunge pools.
💵 Which are the best Maldives honeymoon resorts to stay on a budget?
If you’re planning a Maldives honeymoon on a budget you should check out the private island resort Baros Maldives, located on an Idyllic island in the North Male Atoll, or the Sun Siyam Iru Fushi, offering overwater villas with a private deck and access to an adults-only pool.
👍🏼 Is Maldives a romantic destination?
Yes, with its idyllic white sand beaches, sparkling lagoons, rich marine life, unparalleled snorkeling, and stunning honeymoon resorts offering overwater accommodation with glass floors, Maldives is considered one of the most romantic destinations in the whole world, especially for a relaxing honeymoon!
💸 How much does a stay in a Maldives honeymoon resort cost?
A stay in a mid-range romantic resort in the Maldives usually costs around $600 during the off-season (from June to August). In all the other months of the year, prices are almost 3 times more, adding taxes, and transfer from the airport on top of that!
🏝️ Which are the best all-inclusive Maldivian honeymoon resorts?
The best all-inclusive honeymoon resorts in the Maldives are Constance Moofushi Maldives All Inclusive, offering direct access to sandy white beaches and crystal clear lagoons, or the 5-star Lily Beach Resort and Spa All Inclusive, hosting gorgeous overwater bungalows with a private swimming pool and glass floors.
Here we are at the end of this travel guide about the best Romantic Maldives Resorts, including overwater villas, beach villas with private swimming pools, luxury resorts located on their own private island and I included even a bonus with the best all-inclusive hotels in the Maldives!
All the amazing accommodations mentioned here offer a dream honeymoon package, stunning views of the Indian Ocean, access to pristine beaches, cool water sports and much more… have you decided which one will be the place for your romantic getaway?
If not, I definitely cannot blame you. We went through so many honeymoon options and they were all amazing! So let me help you a little more with my 2 absolute favorite romantic hotels in the Maldives:
- Hurawalhi Island Resort – This is one of the best resorts in the Maldives, featuring overwater villas with their own plunge pools and direct access to a house reef!
- Baros Maldives – Located on a beautiful private island, this gorgeous resort is surrounded by a crystal clear coral lagoon, white sand beaches, coconut palms, and colorful flowers
Remember that these accommodations get booked incredibly fast, so make sure you book your favorite resort at least some months in advance if you don’t want to lose the spot!
And if you know other romantic resorts in the Maldives, or you have any questions about the accommodations mentioned here, please share them in the comments below. I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Have an unforgettable Maldives honeymoon!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!