Jordan is a gorgeous country in the Middle East full of beautiful cities and unique attractions!
If you are planning a visit to Jordan soon and looking to book all the Jordan hotels you need fast, with as little effort as possible, I am here to help you!
If you decide to follow my recommended sample 6-day itinerary for Jordan for your next holiday plans in Jordan, this article will help you book all the accommodations you need. I picked the best hotels in Jordan for all budgets, and you can choose the one that fits you the best. Plus, all of them have amazing reviews and facilities!
So pick somewhere to stay in Amman, Wadi Rum, Petra / Wadi Musa, the Dead Sea / Sowayma, Madaba, and even near the airport if you choose! If that is not enough, I have also added a bonus section with the best hotels in Aqaba!
The only thing left to do is book your favorite hotels in advance to secure your places, since most hotels can be fully booked!
If you are in a hurry…
If you are looking for the best Jordan hotels, and are ready to book your stay, check out these top mid range options in each city:
- Amman – Ambassador Boutique Hotel
- Jerash – Full Panorama Apartment
- Wadi Rum – Rum Magic Nights
- Petra / Wadi Musa – Petra Hear Hotel
- Dead Sea – Marriott Dead Sea Resort & Spa
- Madaba – Mount Nebo Hotel
Here is the map with all the Jordan hotels I recommend so you can have a better understanding of the country:
Day 1 – Amman Hotels
Amman is one of the oldest cities in the world, so rest assured you will find many historical landmarks!
Amman is Jordan’s capital, meaning there will be countless historical sites and points of interest waiting for you to visit! Amman is also where you will most probably land and where you will be able to experience the real lifestyle of Jordanians living in the city, making it perfect for your first experience in Jordan!
Here are my recommendations on the best Jordan hotels in Amman:
Luxury (US$160 and up)
- InterContinental Amman Jordan – This is the hotel where I stayed for 2 nights in Amman, and I can recommend it! Intercontinental Amman Jordan is a gorgeous 5-star luxury IHG hotel with spacious rooms full of light, and it is very conveniently located! Plus, it is the oldest 5-star hotel in the country, and it has an incredible history! You can check the detailed review of this hotel in the article about my Jordan trip.
- Amman International Hotel – My second recommendation for a luxury hotel and one of the best hotels in Amman. All the rooms in this hotel are spacious and gorgeous, and it even has a heated swimming pool and an excellent breakfast buffet with delicious dishes that you can enjoy each morning!
- The House Boutique Suites – Another luxury option and one of the best hotels in Amman! The House Boutique Suites is a 5-star hotel that has super nice amenities and facilities that you will feel like a superstar during your stay! This hotel has a great outdoor pool, a fitness center, and gorgeous rooms with air conditioning!
Middle-priced (US$60 – US$160)
- Naylover Hotel Suites – This hotel and one of the best Jordan resorts, with very friendly staff. Plus, it is located in a calm area and super close to the city center, making your luxury holidays perfect!
- Sulaf Luxury Hotel – Another perfect option is this 4-star hotel with great reviews and a perfect location! In this hotel you will also find family rooms in case you need the extra space, and the staff is very helpful!
- Ambassador Boutique Hotel -This is a gorgeous 4-star hotel with clean, air-conditioned rooms and fantastic design! Plus, this hotel boasts a great seasonal outdoor pool and is located around many restaurants and cafés that you can choose from!
Budget (up to US$60)
Amman is an excellent place for budget hotels as well, and here is my Amman hotels list:
- Sydney Hotel – If you are traveling to Amman on a tight budget, I recommend you book a room here. Even though this is a budget hotel, it has an excellent location with crystal-clean rooms!
- Carob Hostel – This hostel will make you feel like you are at a Mediterranean party! This property has a barbecue area where you will likely enjoy and meet new travelers. If you are looking for a more dynamic environment I’m sure the table tennis and darts area is the best place for you!
- The Cabin – The cabin is a perfect option for budget travelers. This hotel awaits you with free Wi-Fi, super friendly staff, and a delicious continental breakfast served each morning! Plus, all the rooms have a private bathroom for your convenience.
Day 2 – Jerash Hotels
Jerash is a fantastic place to add to your Jordan itinerary, as you will see there the best preserved Roman ruins in the world! Although
I recommend you visit Jerash, there are not many hotel options so, at the end of the day, it is better to return to Amman (that is what I did), and it is only a 40-minute drive away!
However, if you really want to stay in Jerash longer and are looking for accommodation, here are a couple options you can check out, all of them are in the budget rate (I could not find places to stay in other price categories there):
- Moon Valley Site – Just 1.2 km away from Ruins of Jerash, this property offers clean rooms with private bathrooms and a friendly host that will help you in everything you’ll need!
- Full Panorama Apartment – Located just in front of the ruins, this property has comfortable, clean rooms, with a nice balcony.
- Hadrian’s Arch – This is a family owned guest house with incredible amenities like a barbecue area, a shared lounge and a cozy garden! Plus, it offers an airport shuttle at an additional price!
Day 3 – Wadi Rum Hotels
Wadi Rum, Jordan is an unforgettable dessert, and its name means “Valley of the Moon” in Arabic.
FUN FACT: “The Martian” and many other great movies were filmed there! No wonder why – this magical place looks exactly like Mars! Your day in Wadi Rum will be filled with adventures for sure!
Luxury (US$170 and up)
Please note that this is a desert in the middle of nowhere you won’t find any luxurious 5-star hotels or any Wadi Rum resort here. But do not worry, I have still found some great luxury recommendations for you:
- Memories Aicha Luxury Camp – This is my first recommendation for luxury travelers visiting Wadi Rum desert. This luxury camp is located only 700m away from Wadi Rum, Jordan and it features great accommodation options, barbecue facilities, a garden, a terrace, and even a restaurant! You will also benefit from private bathrooms with showers. What more can you wish for?!
- Wadi Rum Bedouin – The perfect choice if you are searching for the best comfort in the middle of the desert. This Wadi Rum luxury camp is actually made of tents, and each one of them has a private terrace that offers a terrific view over the colorful desert! I suggest you book your stay in their luxury camping tent called “Martial Tent” (not your traditional style) if you want to admire the stars at night for a fantastic experience!
Middle-priced (US$60 – US$170)
- Rum Magic Nights – This was my choice and a great middle-priced hotel! This is a camp located right in the heart of Wadi Rum, Jordan! The rooms might be a bit simple, but perfect for a good night’s sleep! The tented camp offers a continental or buffet breakfast as well!
- Rum Stars Camp – Another good choice and a great Wadi Rum camp. This is a very friendly and clean property, and you will get to rest in a private tent with electricity inside! This place will offer you just the relaxation you need after a day full of adventures!
- Wadi Rum Starlight Camp – Located 10 km away from Wadi Rum, Jordan, this is an excellent choice if you are looking for a middle-priced hotel with great value for money. This campsite offers luxurious tents, and you will be able to choose from a continental or halal breakfast!
Budget (up to US$60)
In case you are wondering where to stay in Wadi Rum on a budget, here are some amazing choices that I have chosen for you:
- Desert Guide Tour – If you are searching for a cheap option to stay in a real Bedouin camp, this my first great recommendation for a Wadi Rum bed and breakfast! This camp offers a restaurant or a fully equipped kitchenette in case you prefer to prepare your own meals!
- Wadi Rum Nature Camp – Very similar to my previous recommendation and it is located in a very serene and tranquil location. You will be sleeping in tents in a Wadi Rum Bedouin camp with access to a cozy communal area where you can eat, drink or rest yourself!
- Wadi Rum Fire Camp – One more place to stay in this magical place! This campsite is located 5 km away from Wadi Rum, and it awaits you with great tents, a very good on-site restaurant, and even a sun terrace with stunning views!
Day 4 – Petra / Wadi Musa Hotels
Petra also goes by the name the “Red Rose City,” from the pink color of the stone that the Nabateans carved to build the city.
Petra is the most popular destination in Jordan! The ancient city got super popular after the “Indiana Jones” movie, and it is actually one of the New 7 Wonders of the World! These are only a few reasons you should visit Petra, Jordan!
There are many Jordan tours and day trips in Petra, so I will definitely recommend this magnificent city to all visiting Jordan. Wadi Musa is the closest town to the archaeological site of Petra, so I recommend you spend your night there after the 4th day of our itinerary.
If you want to find hotels in Petra and Wadi Musa, here is my selection of the best options:
Luxury (US$200 and up)
- Mövenpick Resort Petra – This is one of the best luxury choices if you are searching for Jordan accommodation in Petra! Movenpick Resort Petra awaits you with super clean rooms; the staff and hotel manager are super friendly, and quality service! Plus, I promise that the rooftop will leave you speechless! I stayed in this hotel, and it is the only one that is located right in front of Petra’s entrance. We were also upgraded free of charge, so I can’t recommend it enough. A must in your Jordan Trip!
- Marriott Petra Hotel – A stunning 5-star hotel with great value for money! This hotel offers high-quality services for great prices, but you should keep in mind that this hotel is located 2,3 km away from Petra. But the views are definitely worth it!
- P Quattro Relax Hotel – Another 4-star hotel located only 1.9km from the Petra entrance! During your stay, you will benefit from free Wi-Fi, a hot tub, flat-screen TVs, and all the other amenities you will need for a luxury stay!
Middle-priced (US$75 – US$200)
- Petra Hear Hotel – Located super close to the archaeological site of Petra (only 1.2 km away!) These rooms are super cozy and simple, I’m sure you will enjoy their on-site restaurant.
- Esperanza Petra – This is my second recommendation for travelers looking for a middle-priced hotel in this city. This hotel awaits you with gorgeously decorated rooms with a cozy atmosphere! The best part? It is located within walking distance of the Petra entrance!
- Moses Residence – My last middle-priced recommendation for Petra. This boutique hotel is definitely worth checking out because its rooms are super comfortable with a great ensuite bathroom and continental breakfast served daily!
Budget (up to US$75)
- Petra Guests Hotel – This is definitely a good choice for travelers on a tight budget. This accessible hotel is located very close to the entrance of Petra archaeological site, plus, you will be greeted by super friendly staff who will show you why this place has such wonderful reviews!
- Nomads Hotel – My second recommendation for the perfect place to stay right in the heart of Wadi Musa, Jordan. Even though the rooms are simple, you will have everything you need for a great night’s sleep!
- Town Season Hotel – A fantastic budget hotel with great value for money. It has a terrace, and a cozy shared lounge and it is only 1,5 km away from Petra, Jordan! The tour desk can even help you plan your day of exploring Petra!
- Petra Cabin Inn – If you don’t want to book a room in one of the above Petra hotels, another great choice would be to stay in a hostel, especially if you are traveling in a group of 2 to 4 people! This wonderful hotel features a restaurant, and a bar, and the staff are super friendly!
Day 5 – Dead Sea Resorts / Sowayma Hotels
The Dead Sea is the lowest point in the world! And let me tell you, if you have open cuts or are freshly shaved, you will have a tough time since the salt WILL sting!
The Dead Sea in Jordan is called this because it is so salty that fish cannot live there! But there is a good part in this, too: the high concentration of salt will help you float like a mermaid in a once-in-a-lifetime-experience! Plus, the mud has healing powders, and you can use it has a face and/or body mask.
If you want to add this destination to your Jordan itinerary and you are searching for great hotels in Jordan near the Dead Sea, you must know that Sowayma is the closest city to the sea, so I recommend you book a room in this city for the night.
Here are selected hotels in Jordan near the Dead Sea on the Jordanian part:
Luxury (US$180 and up)
- Crowne Plaza Jordan Dead Sea Resort & Spa – This is the hotel where I stayed near the Dead Sea, Jordan, and I can definitely recommend it for your stay as well! This wonderful 5-star resort awaits you with great service, a stunning outdoor pool, a gym, and a great on-site restaurant! Plus, the balconies have such a fantastic view over the Dead Sea!
- Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea – One of the best luxury hotels in Jordan, and it definitely deserves your attention! Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea is a world-class accommodation with some amazing tree-lined outdoor pools which offer a stunning view over the Dead Sea! This 5-star boutique hotel has its own beach, and it even offers spa treatments with mud and sea salt!
- Mövenpick Resort – This is another great 5-star resort spa that awaits you with a private beach and a great fitness center. The rooms are decorated in a gorgeous way, and some of them even have spacious terraces with dramatic landscape views of the Dead Sea! This is definitely a great Dead Sea spa hotel!
Middle-priced (US$60 – US$180)
- Russian Pilgrim Residence – Believe it or not, I am not recommending this hotel because I am Russian! It is really the best hotel with great value for money and fabulous reviews! This residence has a great location, and staying there won’t make you break the bank!
- Marriott Dead Sea Resort & Spa – Another amazing option and one of the greatest Dead Sea hotels in Jordan, which awaits you with beautiful, crystal-clean rooms! All the rooms are air-conditioned, and some of them even feature an unforgettable view over the Dead Sea. Plus, it is located only 3-minutes away from the beach!
- Ma’in Hot Springs Resort – This is definitely worth considering, as it features an incredible pool and spa right under a natural hot spring waterfall! This is one of the most beautiful Dead Sea resorts, which has an outdoor pool and a great spa. Note that it is rated a little lower than we would normally recommend, however I believe that it is mostly because its location is a little further away, around 30 minutes by car from the Sea, so you will need a car if you want to visit it.
Budget (up to US$60)
Unfortunately, many hotels are in this area are only in the luxury side, and there are no budget options for Sowayma, so if you are traveling on a tight budget or looking to save money on your stay, and you are searching for a good Dead Sea hotel, you will have to find hotels in Madaba, Jordan for the night.
Madaba is close to the Dead Sea as well (30 km).
- Rumman Hotel – This is another great choice for Madaba. This is a super clean and cozy hotel and a family-run business. You will stay in one of the 22 gorgeous guest rooms, each of them equipped with a private bathroom!
- Tell Madaba Hotel – The best hotel option for those on a budget with simple but comfortable rooms! Every room has a private bathroom for your convenience and at a reasonable price!
- Black Iris Hotel – With amazing reviews and super friendly staff, this is another great choice. Plus, the breakfast is really delicious, and you can choose from vegetarian or continental options!
Day 6 – Madaba and Amman Airport Hotels
This is the last day of my standard Jordan itinerary. If you want to prolong your trip, you can book a room overnight in Madaba or even better, in Amman again.
If you have an evening flight, I recommend you go back to the airport, which is located close to Madaba (32 km away). In case you have a flight in the early morning the next day, my recommendation is to book a room at an airport hotel or in Madaba, Jordan.
Here are my recommendations:
- Mount Nebo Hotel – A very scenic and beautiful hotel located 19 km from the airport. The hotel has an airport shuttle that you can use, and I am sure you will be impressed by the scenic view offered by its strategic location!
- Tell Mandaba Hotel – This 3-star guesthouse is located in the heart of Madaba! The guesthouse offers a shared lounge, and a garden, and the airport is 23 km away from the hotel.
- Faraseen Apartments 1 – Check out this excellent option for budget travelers. The apartments are located only 7 km away from Queen Alia International Airport, and the prices are very convenient! This accommodation has all the facilities you will need during your stay and the staff is super friendly and helpful!
|👑 Luxury price:
|💵 Mid Range:
|🛎️ Best luxury hotel:
|💵 Mid-range hotel:
|Rum Magic Nights
|👛 Best budget hotel:
|Petra Guests Hotel
BONUS 1: Best hotels in Aqaba
The seaside city of Aqaba is perhaps the best known and considered a playground for the Middle East’s rich and famous.
I know that many people add Aqaba to their Jordanian trip.
Aqaba, Jordan is a resort city on the Red Sea located close to Wadi Rum, you can do snorkeling and diving there. You can choose Aqaba as an option instead of a Dead Sea hotel or you can add it to your itinerary as an extra day of exploring!
Aqaba is a great place where you can do snorkeling or diving, so it is worth it to prolong your trip there, too. Another great perk of staying in Aqaba is that most hotels are located near local markets so you will get the full Mediterranean experience!
Here are some of the best Aqaba hotels:
Luxury (US$180 and up)
- Al Manara, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Saraya Aqaba – An amazing 5-star hotel and one of the best hotels in Aqaba, Jordan located extremely close to the beach and the Berenice Private Beach Club. Moreover, this luxury collection resort spa hotel offers a great outdoor pool, a relaxing garden, and of course, a luxurious restaurant that serves delicious seafood dishes!
- Kempinski Hotel Aqaba – Located 2-minutes away from the beach and it has gorgeous views over the Red Sea! You will also be happy to know that this 5-star luxury hotel also has a stunning outdoor pool, modern design, gym, spa, wet and dry sauna, and even a hot tub!
- Lacosta Hotel – This is another recommendation for travelers who wish to feel spoiled during their stay in this city in Jordan! This property offers a 4-star accommodation with an incredible fitness center, and even a private beach club where you can party. In case you want something more tranquil you can try their delicious dishes at their on-site restaurant!
Middle-priced (between US$60 and US$180)
- Luciana Hotel – This 4-star hotel features accommodation with a restaurant and free Wi-Fi as well as free private parking perfect if you are traveling with a car!
- Dweik Hotel 3 – This 4-star middle-priced option that will satisfy any traveler going to Aqaba, Jordan. All the rooms are air-conditioned and they feature a flat-screen TV, free toiletries, and anything else you might need for a pleasant stay!
- Laverda Hotel – Just 500 m away from the beach, Laverda Hotel features simple rooms, but is perfect if you are looking to save some bucks during your stay. It also has an on-site restaurant, but if you are craving something else, it is located near various popular spots for dining!
Budget (up to US$60)
- Taj Hotel – A 3-star hotel situated only a 10-minute walk away from the beach. The staff is also super friendly and they will help you with everything you need at their 24-hour front desk!
- Cedar Hotel – This is a great hotel located only 8 minutes away from the beach. The rooms are very tidy and cozy, plus you will benefit from free Wi-Fi all over the accommodation. The hotel can even arrange activities and day trips for you if you wish!
- Yafko Hotel – Another 3-star hotel overlooking Aqaba Gulf. During your stay, you will have access to free Wi-Fi all over the hotel, your private room with sea or city views, and all the facilities you will need during your stay!
FAQs about Jordan hotels
📅 How many days do I need in Jordan?
I think 6 days in Jordan is more than enough time to visit all the beauty the country has to offer, but if you do not have that much time, in 3 or 4 days I’m sure you will be able to explore most of Jordan’s landmarks.
☀️ What is the best time to visit Jordan?
I recommend traveling either in spring (March to May) or autumn (September to November), since the summer months can be challenging due to the high temperatures that rise up to 40°F in some areas of Jordan.
🗺️ Where is the best place to stay in Jordan to visit Petra?
This was my full list of hotel recommendations that will fit every taste and pocket for my Jordan itinerary, I hope it will be useful for you in planning your next trip!
Above in this post, I have carefully selected the best Jordan hotels for Amman, Wadi Rum, Wadi Musa, Sowayma, and Aqaba! I am sure you will find the best hotels in Jordan and places to stay in Jordan on this list that will fit your needs.
Don’t forget to book your favorite Jordan hotel for each city as soon as you decide where to stay! Remember this beautiful destination is very popular and I’m sure you will want to secure a spot!
If you have not decided yet, let me tell you my top 2 favorite Jordan hotels:
- InterContinental – this is an incredibly stylish hotel that offers amazing views of Amman!
- Mövenpick Resort Petra – another top boutique hotel where you will feel like a true Jordanian thanks to its incredible decor!
I hope you will have the best Jordan holidays and, as usual, let me know if you have any questions in the comments! I’m happy to answer!
P.S.: Please do not forget to check my post on Things to do in Jordan for the details on what to see in each of those cities.
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!